who wins? ? ?

Avatar image for white_queen_phoenix
white queen phoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Bishop.. He has more combat training and can absorb Gambit's kinetically charged cards..

Tahdigga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Tahdigga

No question would absorb everything Remy would throw at him. Then smack him up with the butt of his high powered gun.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Check the stats people. Gambit 2 Bishop 0

Avatar image for akira_overdrive
Akira Overdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Akira Overdrive

Bishop would still get hurt by Gambits blast,the charged object explodes,Bishop can absorb an explosion,Gambits way more agile anyway.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Actually its been well established that while Bishop can absorbed kinetic energy, he cant absorb it if its in the form of a projectile. A gun? Against Gambit? lmao, the guy dodges laser's like nothing. He's also a skilled marksmen.

His cards dont pack enough punch? This is a common mistake. There are countless examples of how powerful his blasts are. But here, see for yourself.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7  Edited By Zoom

Bishop doesn't look too hurt to me in the above scans.

Tahdigga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Tahdigga

Zoom says:

"Bishop doesn't look too hurt to me in the above scans."

That's because Bishop can heal. Gambit is a lightweight and out of Bishop's league.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Doesn't look like any of those punches did anything.

Tahdigga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Tahdigga

Apparently his aim is way off too. Poor Rogue.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Lmao. They turned a cool showdown, into a literal pie in the face joke.

Tahdigga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Tahdigga

It was pretty funny. I liked how he started laughing because he didn't want to catch that beat down by the southern belle.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By The_Ghostshell

:P

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Sling Shot

Gambit is underplayed. I think he is much more dangerous a character than the average comic reader (and writers) give him credit for. He is agile beguiling and explosive. Always looking for a backdoor to sneak out of after he bedazzles or kabooms his opposition. That being said I think Bishop is an even more underplayed character. His mutant ability to absorb directed and ambient energy have been sorely limited and underused. His battle proven battle tested experience as judge jury and sometimes executioner from the future have not been taken into account in the last decade or so.I think alot of his misuse is race related but I won't get into that right now.

That being said Bishop is looking to do the job. the whole universe and Xavier's dream depends upon him doing the job right the first time. Gambit though formidable is looking to get out of a sticky situation. Those mindsets have a large effect on the out come. That in addition to their respective skill sets and amazing powers.

I say Bishop wins. And in comics I don't believe in curbstomps. Every character has something that make them a hero and capable of defending themselves. But Bishop is the consummate G.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Sling Shot says:

"Gambit is underplayed. I think he is much more dangerous a character than the average comic reader (and writers) give him credit for. He is agile beguiling and explosive. Always looking for a backdoor to sneak out of after he bedazzles or kabooms his opposition. That being said I think Bishop is an even more underplayed character. His mutant ability to absorb directed and ambient energy have been sorely limited and underused. His battle proven battle tested experience as judge jury and sometimes executioner from the future have not been taken into account in the last decade or so.I think alot of his misuse is race related but I won't get into that right now.That being said Bishop is looking to do the job. the whole universe and Xavier's dream depends upon him doing the job right the first time. Gambit though formidable is looking to get out of a sticky situation. Those mindsets have a large effect on the out come. That in addition to their respective skill sets and amazing powers.I say Bishop wins. And in comics I don't believe in curbstomps. Every character has something that make them a hero and capable of defending themselves. But Bishop is the consummate G."

Well said, but wrong. Gambit isnt that sneaky as a fighter. He constantly confronts Wolverine (or did back before he left the X-Men) he doesn't back down and he's not looking for the backdoor. Especially against Bishop. There stories have been tied together since Bishops first appearance. Sometimes friends, most times enemies, Gambit and Bishop would never and will never look for a way out of fighting each other.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Nope.

acewasp23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By acewasp23

i don't know, isn't gambit dead. lol

beastmanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By beastmanX

yeah i gotta say bishop. he can channel enery into strength. also gambit would dodge some of bishops gun shots but he cant dodge them all. bishop would channel anything gambit throws at him. whats gambits staff made of?

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By The_Ghostshell

beastmanX says:

"yeah i gotta say bishop. he can channel enery into strength. also gambit would dodge some of bishops gun shots but he cant dodge them all. bishop would channel anything gambit throws at him. whats gambits staff made of?"

Gambit knows Bishop absorbs kinetic energy, hence, he blows up the area round Bishop. Shrapnel is just as deadly as the blast.

beastmanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By beastmanX

well in that case if gambit didnt blow up anything, and they fought hand to hand, bishop would win. gambit has more experince fighting, but bishop has been trained.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By The_Ghostshell

beastmanX says:

"well in that case if gambit didnt blow up anything, and they fought hand to hand, bishop would win. gambit has more experince fighting, but bishop has been trained."

? I have no idea what you just said.

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By Final Arrow

beastmanX says:

"well in that case if gambit didnt blow up anything, and they fought hand to hand, bishop would win. gambit has more experince fighting, but bishop has been trained."

Wait you mean Gambit who was trained as a thief and a fighter, Then joied the X-men and has trained under Wolverine , Cyclops and a few other x-men.

beastmanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By beastmanX

alright. ill re-xplain it. if gabmit DID NOT blow up anything, and they fought hand to hand, then bishop would win. he has less expereince as gambit, but bishop was trained.

beastmanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By beastmanX

Colt Python says:

"beastmanX says:
You basically just said that Gambit is a better fighter then Bishop but Bishop could beat him hand to hand.That doesn't make sense..lol."

yeah i think i said the wrong thing. but what i just re said i think makes a little more sense.

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Final Arrow

Final Arrow says:

"beastmanX says:
Wait you mean Gambit who was trained as a thief and a fighter, Then joied the X-men and has trained under Wolverine , Cyclops and a few other x-men."
beastmanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By beastmanX

Final Arrow says:

"Final Arrow says:
"beastmanX says:
Wait you mean Gambit who was trained as a thief and a fighter, Then joied the X-men and has trained under Wolverine , Cyclops and a few other x-men."
"

but so hasnt bishop?

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Final Arrow

beastmanX says:

"Final Arrow says:
"Final Arrow says:
"beastmanX says:
"
but so hasnt bishop?"

Actualy no,In his time the X-men where dead, Also the Danger room is a training room for the x-men ( im sure you know this), So to say Gambit is not trained is just so not right.

In the thiefs guild he was trained to steal and to fight, In fact he was ne of their best and when he joined the x-men they gave him more training, I would probaly say he is highly trained, So on the training front they will be about even!

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Bishop was trained, in the future, to be Like the X-Men , while Gambit was training with the real deal.

beastmanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By beastmanX

King of Kings says:

"Bishop was trained, in the future, to be **Like the X-Men** , while Gambit was training with the real deal."

im going to keep my mouth shut now

beastmanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By beastmanX

im confused. i'd would call this very close.

Donnieman v5.1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Donnieman v5.1

Wasn't this done before?

Donnieman v5.1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Donnieman v5.1

Colt Python says:

"Donnieman v5.1 says:
"Wasn't this done before?"

I don't think so..."

Yeah, actually it was

Titan3510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Titan3510

Sling Shot says:

"Gambit is underplayed. I think he is much more dangerous a character than the average comic reader (and writers) give him credit for. He is agile beguiling and explosive. Always looking for a backdoor to sneak out of after he bedazzles or kabooms his opposition. That being said I think Bishop is an even more underplayed character. His mutant ability to absorb directed and ambient energy have been sorely limited and underused. His battle proven battle tested experience as judge jury and sometimes executioner from the future have not been taken into account in the last decade or so.I think alot of his misuse is race related but I won't get into that right now. That being said Bishop is looking to do the job. the whole universe and Xavier's dream depends upon him doing the job right the first time. Gambit though formidable is looking to get out of a sticky situation. Those mindsets have a large effect on the out come. That in addition to their respective skill sets and amazing powers. I say Bishop wins. And in comics I don't believe in curbstomps. Every character has something that make them a hero and capable of defending themselves. But Bishop is the consummate G."

You know, I think you're right. Bishop has clearly been underused and underdeveloped and it could be race related since he is the only black X-Man or was.

Bishop happens to be a very very good fighter and so is Gambit but Gambit is way faster and agile than Bishop but here's a description of Bishop's powers from Wikipedia.

Bishop's mutant ability enables him to absorb all forms of radiant or conductive energy that are directed towards him and to release that energy from his hands. This power is passive allowing Bishop to absorb energy at all times. When he releases the energy, he can release it as many different types of forms, usually in concussive blasts or in the same form as he had absorbed the energy although he can emit microwaves as well. He can also store energy in his personal reserves for increasing his strength, stamina, durability, and (to an extent) his healing. He also has enhanced durability, and resistance to poison and injury. His powers make it difficult to harm him with energy-based attacks; however, he can become overloaded from absorbing too much energy, though his upper limits are unknown, even to himself. He is however vulnerable to non-energy weapon attacks. If he were to be shot by a projectile weapon or hit with a crowbar, it could harm him. He is also a skilled marksman and hand-to-hand fighter. He carries guns that fire laser beams and plasma charges through which he can channel his personal energies.

They both have an edge over each other. This could very well end up where they both knock each other out.

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Sling Shot

Bishop has fought all his life since childhood with murderous packs of mutants. All the while having to protect his younger sister this is since childhood. He was raised and inducted in the XSE as well as by the Witness (future Gambit. He quickly rose through the ranks because of his effectiveness on the streets. In a world overrun with superpowerful mutants, Bishop's name commanded fear. When he first fought the gold team with the aid of his subordinates Malcolm and Randall(two mutants with passive abilities)He nearly vanquished the whole team. Although he took some damage as well.

Fighting skills I would give to Bishop, Agility and speed, initially Gambit but Bishop can augment his physical attributes to match. Stronger Bishop, tougher Bishop, Hungrier Bishop, Colder BISHOP!

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Sling Shot says:

"Bishop has fought all his life since childhood with murderous packs of mutants. All the while having to protect his younger sister this is since childhood. He was raised and inducted in the XSE as well as by the Witness (future Gambit. He quickly rose through the ranks because of his effectiveness on the streets. In a world overrun with superpowerful mutants, Bishop's name commanded fear. When he first fought the gold team with the aid of his subordinates Malcolm and Randall(two mutants with passive abilities)He nearly vanquished the whole team. Although he took some damage as well.Fighting skills I would give to Bishop, Agility and speed, initially Gambit but Bishop can augment his physical attributes to match. Stronger Bishop, tougher Bishop, Hungrier Bishop, Colder BISHOP!"

Hungrier? Colder? Who's the villain, Gambit. Who's betrayed the X-Men more the once? Gambit. Who was raised on the streets of Nawlins? Gambit. Isn't Bishop's sister and teammates dead? Looks like he didn't protect $#@!

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Sling Shot

Bishop who stopped Onslaught disrupted the AOA and does all this while being minimized in overall power from his original apperance. Yeah that Bishop. Gambit is cool yes, but he ain't the winner here.

Avatar image for akira_overdrive
Akira Overdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#37  Edited By Akira Overdrive

King of Kings says:

"beastmanX says:
"yeah i gotta say bishop. he can channel enery into strength. also gambit would dodge some of bishops gun shots but he cant dodge them all. bishop would channel anything gambit throws at him. whats gambits staff made of?"
Gambit knows Bishop absorbs **kinetic** energy, hence, he blows up the area round Bishop. Shrapnel is just as deadly as the blast."

Exactly,Plus Bishop cant absorb projectiles

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Sling Shot

Exactly Bishop increases his durability or emits alow yeild energy flush that buffers the effects of the explosion that he wouldn't get caught in in the first place.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Sling Shot says:

"Bishop who stopped Onslaught disrupted the AOA and does all this while being minimized in overall power from his original apperance. Yeah that Bishop. Gambit is cool yes, but he ain't the winner here."

Gambit, who's beat Sinister, lost his powers taking down New Sun who had killed the Phoenix of his reality, oh, and the same guy who's continually handed Bishop his ass. Yeah, Gambit.

beastmanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By beastmanX

Akira Overdrive says:

"King of Kings says:
"beastmanX says:
Gambit knows Bishop absorbs **kinetic** energy, hence, he blows up the area round Bishop. Shrapnel is just as deadly as the blast."
Exactly,Plus Bishop cant absorb projectiles"

yeah.

Vulcanmax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Vulcanmax

On a side note out of curiosity, I read that Gambit is a clone based on Sinister before he was enhanced by Apocalypse and his mutant power was engineered after those of Cyclops.

Another question which Gambit are we talking about? him at full power template, after that or after his last enhancement by Apocalypse where he now also has transmutation amongst his powers.

I am merrily asking the question as their seem to be a few experts or at least very knowledgeable people on the former Cajun X-men.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By The_Ghostshell

There's a connection there, don't think he's a clone of Sinister, but Sinister has experimented on Gambit more then once.

Current Gambit.

Psyker star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#43  Edited By Psyker star

bishop would win

yodagod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By yodagod

Remy can overload Bishop's powers.  When Bishop is overloaded he "explodes" with energy and passes out.  Gambit wins.    
redbull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By redbull

If you stop and give this battle more than a minute's thought, it becomes silly.

Bishop took a FULL SHOT FROM Onslaught. Check the comics -- Onslaught was completely surprised and said his shot was meant to destroy the X-Men. But Bishop took it head-on and didn't "pass out". 

Bishop also is the entire reason the AoA was restored to 616 continuity. He's a SURVIVOR. The guy doesn't quit. He was sent back in time with the team to stop Legion, and was the only one who stayed stuck in that timeline, so he had to endure all of those years of Apocalypse rise to power, ON TOP OF his existing childhood in the future as a survivor in an equally horrific world. The guy is BATTLE TESTED.

You Gambit-fans keep saying Gambit can "explode the ground near Bishop" and hurt him with some shrapnel. Guess what: Bishop can just shoot Gambit with a gun, and Gambit goes down. It's much more likely that Bishop, a skilled marksmen, can land a killing blow on Gambit, then it is Gambit tossing a paper card and killing Bishop by some "ground shrapnel".

Bishop also is giving Cable the biggest chase of his life. I'd like to see Gambit keep Cable on his toes that way.

Bishop. Wins.

WeaponX510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By WeaponX510

this fight could go either way but i have to say gambit because his speed feats and agility

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#47  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@redbull said:
"If you stop and give this battle more than a minute's thought, it becomes silly.  Bishop took a FULL SHOT FROM Onslaught. Check the comics -- Onslaught was completely surprised and said his shot was meant to destroy the X-Men. But Bishop took it head-on and didn't "pass out".   Bishop also is the entire reason the AoA was restored to 616 continuity. He's a SURVIVOR. The guy doesn't quit. He was sent back in time with the team to stop Legion, and was the only one who stayed stuck in that timeline, so he had to endure all of those years of Apocalypse rise to power, ON TOP OF his existing childhood in the future as a survivor in an equally horrific world. The guy is BATTLE TESTED.  You Gambit-fans keep saying Gambit can "explode the ground near Bishop" and hurt him with some shrapnel. Guess what: Bishop can just shoot Gambit with a gun, and Gambit goes down. It's much more likely that Bishop, a skilled marksmen, can land a killing blow on Gambit, then it is Gambit tossing a paper card and killing Bishop by some "ground shrapnel".  Bishop also is giving Cable the biggest chase of his life. I'd like to see Gambit keep Cable on his toes that way.  Bishop. Wins. "

1) Gambit can deflect bullet fire with his staff and has done so on several occasions.  Their battle will likely come down to close combat, both hurt. 
2) Bishop has superior technology and is setting up traps in the future...Way to leave that critical factor out. 
3)  Gambit almost killed Cable in X-men 200.
yodagod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By yodagod
@redbull:
Gambit doesn't have to rely on shrapnel, he can charge nearly everything around Bishop and overload him.  Bishop has been overloaded by Cyclops, Storm, and Magneto before.  It may take Gambit a little longer and a little more energy, but he certainly has the firepower to do it.  Granted Bishop is a survivor, but so is Remy.  He grew up in the New Orleans underworld, learning to fight and steal practically from birth. He's dealt with Externals and monsters his whole life, defeated a far more powerful version of himself (who in his own dimension killed the Hulk, the Phoenix, Thor and everyone else).  Gambit has been shot at his whole life , Bishop certainly won't win with a gun.  If Bishop can catch Remy with a blast after he's charged, or can get his hands on him it will be over.  But that's much easier said than done.  Gambit has a great many offensive weapons in his repertoir, from h2h combat to superhuman agility, to uncharted power.  Most of the time he uses very little of his power because in spite of how it may seem, he does have a conscience and morals.  He's charged vehicles, walls of buildings, clothing, etc... not just cards.  And that was before his power upgrade, then burning them out, then getting them back.  We don't really know what he's capable of.  But I am sure he's capable of defeating Bishop 8/10 times.
cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By cracks

I would probably give this fight a 50-50.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#50  Edited By Ferro Vida

Gambit