Avatar image for morpheus_
#1 Edited by Morpheus_ (30268 posts) - - Show Bio

Galactus, despite been fed quite recently, allows greed to consume him once again. Thus, he aproaches New Earth. Upon neutralizing Earth's heroes (no matter the effort that would require - assume he succeeded), he is ready to consume the planet. Jim Corrigan, The Spectre, senses Galactus hideous, past crimes and is compelled to intervene, both to assist in saving his home planet (he is, after all Earth's last hope), but also bringing to Galactus the Vengeance of God -which he righteously deserves. Will he succeed?


849701-209px_galactus1.jpg
849704-thespectrev3_1_01.jpg

Avatar image for dc_marvel_1000
#2 Posted by DC_Marvel_1000 (12318 posts) - - Show Bio

spectre destroy G

Avatar image for morpheus_
#3 Posted by Morpheus_ (30268 posts) - - Show Bio
@DC_Marvel_1000 said:
" spectre destroy G "
What do you think would happen, if Galactus was at a normal, or more powerful state?
Avatar image for dc_marvel_1000
#4 Posted by DC_Marvel_1000 (12318 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" @DC_Marvel_1000 said:
" spectre destroy G "
What do you think would happen, if Galactus was at a normal, or more powerful state? "
galactus would have to be at a high power to face spectre
Avatar image for morpheus_
#5 Posted by Morpheus_ (30268 posts) - - Show Bio
@DC_Marvel_1000:I gave the Spectre many advantages because I thought that Big G at full power would be too much for Spectre to handle...
Avatar image for king_saturn
#6 Posted by King Saturn (220548 posts) - - Show Bio
The Spectre wins here
Avatar image for atphantom
#7 Posted by AtPhantom (14434 posts) - - Show Bio

You have basically given absolutely no chance to Galactus. He would have to be at highly or fully fed state to even challenge the Spectre. As it is, it's a curbstomp.

Avatar image for dc_marvel_1000
#8 Posted by DC_Marvel_1000 (12318 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" @DC_Marvel_1000:I gave the Spectre many advantages because I thought that Big G at full power would be too much for Spectre to handle... "
 a full power spectre (unbound) would beat a full power G
Avatar image for morpheus_
#9 Posted by Morpheus_ (30268 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom said:
" You have basically given absolutely no chance to Galactus. He would have to be at highly or fully fed state to even challenge the Spectre. As it is, it's a curbstomp. "
I took care of it. Look above.
Avatar image for mrdirector786
#10 Posted by MrDirector786 (43954 posts) - - Show Bio

Spectre would turn into the size of the solar system like this:


803590-spectrefeat5.jpg


And then, he would proceed to murder Galactus.


Avatar image for omnithian
#11 Posted by Omnithian (390 posts) - - Show Bio

Spectre.... Stalemated the Anti-Monitor...

Anti-Monitor = Multiversal Threat
Big G = Universal Threat
Big G at anything less than full power wouldn't be enough..

Avatar image for atphantom
#12 Posted by AtPhantom (14434 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" @AtPhantom said:
" You have basically given absolutely no chance to Galactus. He would have to be at highly or fully fed state to even challenge the Spectre. As it is, it's a curbstomp. "
I took care of it. Look above. "
Still going with the Spectre.
Avatar image for king_saturn
#13 Posted by King Saturn (220548 posts) - - Show Bio
Spectre kills a Full Power Galactus
Avatar image for morpheus_
#14 Posted by Morpheus_ (30268 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom:  In Spectre we trust, eh? Anyway, it seems to be unanimous.

P.S. Where is your avatar from?
Avatar image for atphantom
#15 Posted by AtPhantom (14434 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" @AtPhantom:  In Spectre we trust, eh? Anyway, it seems to be unanimous.

P.S. Where is your avatar from?
"
Day of vengeance special, in the midst of the battle between Spectre and Nabu.
849760-day_of_vengeance___infinite_crisis_special__1__2006____page_19.jpg



Avatar image for morpheus_
#16 Posted by Morpheus_ (30268 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom:  Thanks. I have read the issue, yet I didn't recall that certain Spectre picture.
Avatar image for atphantom
#17 Posted by AtPhantom (14434 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" @AtPhantom:  Thanks. I have read the issue, yet I didn't recall that certain Spectre picture. "
No prob.
Avatar image for rage_of_olympus
#18 Edited by Rage.Of.Olympus (434 posts) - - Show Bio
@Omnithian said:
" Spectre.... Stalemated the Anti-Monitor...Anti-Monitor = Multiversal ThreatBig G = Universal ThreatBig G at anything less than full power wouldn't be enough.. "
Galactus is an Omniversal level threat. He has shown that he contains an entire cosmos within him, and that he contains Infinite Energy (When he returned to his natural state he proved that.). Hell, a future 616 Galactus, created the next Marvel Universe, with the infinite energy contained within him. A future 616 Galactus was also going to consume the entire Omniverse if he had not been stopped. He was going to devour all time/space in the Black celestial arc, as I recall.

It's not illogical to say, that at Full Power, Galactus is capable of containing the entire Omniverse and all that power within him.
Avatar image for dc_marvel_1000
#19 Posted by DC_Marvel_1000 (12318 posts) - - Show Bio
@Rage.Of.Olympus said:
" @Omnithian said:
" Spectre.... Stalemated the Anti-Monitor...Anti-Monitor = Multiversal ThreatBig G = Universal ThreatBig G at anything less than full power wouldn't be enough.. "
Galactus is an Omniversal level threat. He has shown that he contains an entire cosmos within him, and that he contains Infinite Energy (When he returned to his natural state he proved that.). Hell, a future 616 Galactus, created the next Marvel Universe, with the infinite energy contained within him. A future 616 Galactus was also going to consume the entire Omniverse if he had not been stopped. He was going to devour all time/space in the Black celestial arc, as I recall. It's not illogical to say, that at Full Power, Galactus is capable of containing the entire Omniverse and all that power within him. "
G at full poer can not contain the omniverse that a little much, that a future galactus not current it's like making a superman battle but using kal kent.
Avatar image for rage_of_olympus
#20 Edited by Rage.Of.Olympus (434 posts) - - Show Bio

That was a future 616 Galactus. Completely faulty analogy. Using Kal Kent as a bases for Superman is different than using the same the same incarnation of Galactus, except him in the future. For cosmic beings like them, time doesn't change much.

Like I said Galactus is an Omniversal threat. At Full Power it is not illogical to say he can contain the Omniverse or something close to that.

Also, someone locked the Superman vs. Thor thread. Give me a link to the original thread, so I can continue the debate there. I'm looking for it, but I can't seem to find it.

Avatar image for dc_marvel_1000
#21 Posted by DC_Marvel_1000 (12318 posts) - - Show Bio
@Rage.Of.Olympus said:
" That was a future 616 Galactus. Completely faulty analogy. Using Kal Kent as a bases for Superman is different than using the same the same incarnation of Galactus, except him in the future. For cosmic beings like them, time doesn't change much. Like I said Galactus is an Omniversal threat. At Full Power it is not illogical to say he can contain the Omniverse or something close to that. Also, someone locked the Superman vs. Thor thread. Give me a link to the original thread, so I can continue the debate there. I'm looking for it, but I can't seem to find it. "
they have all been locked, and galactus at full power is only on par with eternity and he is not a omniversal threat, and we have no idea what might have happened to galactus in the future so it is not a good way to use him
Avatar image for aronmorales
#22 Posted by Aronmorales (9735 posts) - - Show Bio

Spectre.

Avatar image for rage_of_olympus
#23 Posted by Rage.Of.Olympus (434 posts) - - Show Bio

They have all been locked? Why? So we cannot continue the debate? Well that kind of sucks. I just put my entire Thor and Superman collection at hand, with all my scans, and am currently responding to you're post.

Eternity, has shown to be the embodiment of the entire Multiverse etc. So his definitely that level in terms of a threat.

I don't see how you can debate Galactus being an Omniversal threat, as it's been shown on panel that he is an Omniversal level threat. We know exactly what happened to Galactus. Also it wasn't that long ago into the future. I don't see why it's not a good basis, especially in terms of Cosmic Beings. Time has realtively little meaning to them.

Avatar image for dc_marvel_1000
#24 Posted by DC_Marvel_1000 (12318 posts) - - Show Bio
@Rage.Of.Olympus said:
" They have all been locked? Why? So we cannot continue the debate? Well that kind of sucks. I just put my entire Thor and Superman collection at hand, with all my scans, and am currently responding to you're post. Eternity, has shown to be the embodiment of the entire Multiverse etc. So his definitely that level in terms of a threat.I don't see how you can debate Galactus being an Omniversal threat, as it's been shown on panel that he is an Omniversal level threat. We know exactly what happened to Galactus. Also it wasn't that long ago into the future. I don't see why it's not a good basis, especially in terms of Cosmic Beings. Time has realtively little meaning to them. "
where does it say this? and eternity is only the embodiment of the 616 universe, anything outside or that falls under LT ruling, and if galactus is so powerful why could he not stop the IG or pre-con beyonder
Avatar image for rage_of_olympus
#25 Posted by Rage.Of.Olympus (434 posts) - - Show Bio

It has been stated multiple times, that Eternity is the embodiment of the Multiverse. It's been stated multiple times that Eternity's essence encompasses the entirety of the Multiverse. I can think of one just of the top off my head. It depends on writers mostly, but if I had to guess what his position is now, I would say he encompasses the Multvierse.

Because Pre-Retcon Beyonder is a God who is arguably the most powerful comic character ever witnessed, and the Infinity Gauntlet, is just that powerful.

Avatar image for the_creator
#26 Posted by the creator (8561 posts) - - Show Bio
@Rage.Of.Olympus said:
"They have all been locked? Why? So we cannot continue the debate? Well that kind of sucks. I just put my entire Thor and Superman collection at hand, with all my scans, and am currently responding to you're post. Eternity, has shown to be the embodiment of the entire Multiverse etc. So his definitely that level in terms of a threat.I don't see how you can debate Galactus being an Omniversal threat, as it's been shown on panel that he is an Omniversal level threat. We know exactly what happened to Galactus. Also it wasn't that long ago into the future. I don't see why it's not a good basis, especially in terms of Cosmic Beings. Time has realtively little meaning to them."
Then do a blog post for the Superman vs Thor debate and unlike many others, why don't you try and show thefeats for both characters so that you present the evidence for readers to make an unbiased choice....it will be a novelity.
Avatar image for dc_marvel_1000
#27 Posted by DC_Marvel_1000 (12318 posts) - - Show Bio
@Rage.Of.Olympus said:
" It has been stated multiple times, that Eternity is the embodiment of the Multiverse. It's been stated multiple times that Eternity's essence encompasses the entirety of the Multiverse. I can think of one just of the top off my head. It depends on writers mostly, but if I had to guess what his position is now, I would say he encompasses the Multvierse. Because Pre-Retcon Beyonder is a God who is arguably the most powerful comic character ever witnessed, and the Infinity Gauntlet, is just that powerful. "
i have my doubts but it depends, and i REALLY doubt that current galactus is a omniversel threat
Avatar image for rage_of_olympus
#28 Posted by Rage.Of.Olympus (434 posts) - - Show Bio
@DC_Marvel_1000 said:
" i have my doubts but it depends, and i REALLY doubt that current galactus is a omniversel threat "
I'm not saying he is at his regular levels, but as we have seen, he is an Omniversal threat, at near or at his full power.
Avatar image for rage_of_olympus
#29 Posted by Rage.Of.Olympus (434 posts) - - Show Bio
@the creator said:
" Then do a blog post for the Superman vs Thor debate and unlike many others, why don't you try and show thefeats for both characters so that you present the evidence for readers to make an unbiased choice....it will be a novelity. "
What's a blog post? Sorry for the for lack of knowledge, but I rarely ever go on "comicvine".
Avatar image for dreadmaster
#30 Posted by Dreadmaster (16257 posts) - - Show Bio
@Rage.Of.Olympus said:
"@Omnithian said:
" Spectre.... Stalemated the Anti-Monitor...Anti-Monitor = Multiversal ThreatBig G = Universal ThreatBig G at anything less than full power wouldn't be enough.. "
Galactus is an Omniversal level threat. He has shown that he contains an entire cosmos within him, and that he contains Infinite Energy (When he returned to his natural state he proved that.). Hell, a future 616 Galactus, created the next Marvel Universe, with the infinite energy contained within him. A future 616 Galactus was also going to consume the entire Omniverse if he had not been stopped. He was going to devour all time/space in the Black celestial arc, as I recall. It's not illogical to say, that at Full Power, Galactus is capable of containing the entire Omniverse and all that power within him. "

Where did you get this from?
Avatar image for rage_of_olympus
#31 Posted by Rage.Of.Olympus (434 posts) - - Show Bio

Comics.....


Avatar image for dc_marvel_1000
#32 Posted by DC_Marvel_1000 (12318 posts) - - Show Bio
@Rage.Of.Olympus said:
" Comics..... "
would love to see some scans since i don't remember it EVER saying that galactus is a omniverse threat, this would put him on powers of the likes of LT
Avatar image for rage_of_olympus
#33 Posted by Rage.Of.Olympus (434 posts) - - Show Bio

The Black Celestial arc is an example. If he hadn't been stopped, his hunger would have consumed everything.

Avatar image for dc_marvel_1000
#34 Posted by DC_Marvel_1000 (12318 posts) - - Show Bio
@Rage.Of.Olympus said:
" The Black Celestial arc is an example. If he hadn't been stopped, his hunger would have consumed everything. "
again a scan would be nice since my marvel comic knowledge is not as good as DC.
Avatar image for tevnoba
#35 Posted by Tevnoba (3451 posts) - - Show Bio
@DC_Marvel_1000 said:
" @Rage.Of.Olympus said:
" They have all been locked? Why? So we cannot continue the debate? Well that kind of sucks. I just put my entire Thor and Superman collection at hand, with all my scans, and am currently responding to you're post. Eternity, has shown to be the embodiment of the entire Multiverse etc. So his definitely that level in terms of a threat.I don't see how you can debate Galactus being an Omniversal threat, as it's been shown on panel that he is an Omniversal level threat. We know exactly what happened to Galactus. Also it wasn't that long ago into the future. I don't see why it's not a good basis, especially in terms of Cosmic Beings. Time has realtively little meaning to them. "
where does it say this? and eternity is only the embodiment of the 616 universe, anything outside or that falls under LT ruling, and if galactus is so powerful why could he not stop the IG or pre-con beyonder "
NO HE IS NOT!.  Eternity is the embodiment of all time in the Marvel Multiverse, just as his companion Infinity is the personification of all space in the Marvel Multiverse to include the spaces between dimensions and alternate realities.
Avatar image for dc_marvel_1000
#36 Posted by DC_Marvel_1000 (12318 posts) - - Show Bio
@Tevnoba said:
" @DC_Marvel_1000 said:
" @Rage.Of.Olympus said:
" They have all been locked? Why? So we cannot continue the debate? Well that kind of sucks. I just put my entire Thor and Superman collection at hand, with all my scans, and am currently responding to you're post. Eternity, has shown to be the embodiment of the entire Multiverse etc. So his definitely that level in terms of a threat.I don't see how you can debate Galactus being an Omniversal threat, as it's been shown on panel that he is an Omniversal level threat. We know exactly what happened to Galactus. Also it wasn't that long ago into the future. I don't see why it's not a good basis, especially in terms of Cosmic Beings. Time has realtively little meaning to them. "
where does it say this? and eternity is only the embodiment of the 616 universe, anything outside or that falls under LT ruling, and if galactus is so powerful why could he not stop the IG or pre-con beyonder "
NO HE IS NOT!.  Eternity is the embodiment of all time in the Marvel Multiverse, just as his companion Infinity is the personification of all space in the Marvel Multiverse to include the spaces between dimensions and alternate realities. "
ok man calm down lol i know that more then ya think i do, but galactus is still not a omniversal threat from what i know
Avatar image for king_saturn
#37 Posted by King Saturn (220548 posts) - - Show Bio
what is this Eternity vs The Spectre now ? I thought this fight was between Galactus and The Spectre...
Avatar image for dc_marvel_1000
#38 Posted by DC_Marvel_1000 (12318 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
" what is this Eternity vs The Spectre now ? I thought this fight was between Galactus and The Spectre...
"
well rage came in here talking about G being a omniversal threat and that spectre can't handle that so i asked for proof and scans but neva got em
Avatar image for omg_chris
#39 Posted by Omg chris (1602 posts) - - Show Bio

spectre wins

Avatar image for king_saturn
#40 Posted by King Saturn (220548 posts) - - Show Bio
@DC_Marvel_1000 said:
" @King Saturn said:
" what is this Eternity vs The Spectre now ? I thought this fight was between Galactus and The Spectre...
"
well rage came in here talking about G being a omniversal threat and that spectre can't handle that so i asked for proof and scans but neva got em "
Galactus isnt a Omniversal Threat. Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet bound Galactus as well as several other Cosmic Beings...



849955-infinitygauntlet5p19.jpg






if Galactus was truly a Omniversal Threat he would have been able to have to do more here than let The Mad Titan bind him... the concept of Omniversal Threat means you have Nigh Omnipotent or Omnipotent power within every single Universe with the Marvel Multiverse...

Avatar image for dc_marvel_1000
#41 Posted by DC_Marvel_1000 (12318 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
" @DC_Marvel_1000 said:
" @King Saturn said:
" what is this Eternity vs The Spectre now ? I thought this fight was between Galactus and The Spectre...
"
well rage came in here talking about G being a omniversal threat and that spectre can't handle that so i asked for proof and scans but neva got em "
Galactus isnt a Omniversal Threat. Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet bound Galactus as well as several other Cosmic Beings...



849955-infinitygauntlet5p19.jpg






if Galactus was truly a Omniversal Threat he would have been able to have to do more here than let The Mad Titan bind him... the concept of Omniversal Threat means you have Nigh Omnipotent or Omnipotent power within every single Universe with the Marvel Multiverse...

"
thats what i said and he said that the IG is a higher power and i was kinda like ''wtf how can you be higher then omniversal threat''
Avatar image for king_saturn
#42 Posted by King Saturn (220548 posts) - - Show Bio
hmmm... so how did we get to Eternity then ?
Avatar image for dc_marvel_1000
#43 Posted by DC_Marvel_1000 (12318 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
" hmmm... so how did we get to Eternity then ?
"
i said that a full power G is on par with eternity and said that eternity is not a omniversal threat and he said other stuff it's all back in the thread lol
Avatar image for king_saturn
#44 Posted by King Saturn (220548 posts) - - Show Bio
oh
Avatar image for dreadmaster
#45 Posted by Dreadmaster (16257 posts) - - Show Bio

How is Galactus an omniversal threat when the Nova Corps deems him universal?

Avatar image for king_saturn
#46 Posted by King Saturn (220548 posts) - - Show Bio
@dreadmaster said:
" How is Galactus an omniversal threat when the Nova Corps deems him universal? "
dont know...
Avatar image for high_revolutionary
#47 Posted by High Revolutionary (3210 posts) - - Show Bio

Spectre won't be able to kill Galactus.  Just like how Darkseid could do it with his omega beams.


Spectre wins by scale of powers alone (I know he's been made to look like a tool here and there, but I blame the writers not the characters).

Avatar image for truepwnge
#48 Posted by TruePwnge (2798 posts) - - Show Bio

Spectre is a jobber but at full power he stomps Galactus

Avatar image for sidney
#49 Posted by Sidney (1373 posts) - - Show Bio
@DC_Marvel_1000 said:
"spectre destroy G"

Avatar image for cortsether
#50 Posted by CortSether (1868 posts) - - Show Bio