Galactus vs The Celestials

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Theracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Theracles

Galactus is an omnipotent or nigh-omnipotent being to some, he has virtually limitless power from the Power Cosmic but what if he went toe to toe with the Celestials, who would win? A fully powered Galacuts or the Celestials?

caption
caption
warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By warlock360

Celestials

Theracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Theracles
Voidheart said:
"Celestials"
Are you sure? The Celestials had a hard time with the Asgardian Gods and Galactus has enough power to wipe out the Asgardians with one energy wave (except Odin and Thor) so look at it closely and give me a reason for your answer.
warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By warlock360

Thor alone drove galactus away from eating the planet by smacking him off his feat, and since we have two major celestials (One-Above-All their leader, and the sleeping celestial) Galactus cant win.

Theracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Theracles

Ok but didn't Galactus devour the Dreaming Celestial? And if the two were not part of the Celestials do you think Galactus coud beat them?

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Hadrelius

Galactus is a force of universal nature, relevant to Eternity and Death. The Celetials are just very powerful and intelligent aliens.  

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By lordraiden
Theracles said:
"Galactus is an omnipotent or nigh-omnipotent being to some, he has virtually limitless power from the Power Cosmic but what if he went toe to toe with the Celestials, who would win? A fully powered Galacuts or the Celestials?
caption
caption
"

Theracles said:
"Voidheart said:
"Celestials"
Are you sure? The Celestials had a hard time with the Asgardian Gods and Galactus has enough power to wipe out the Asgardians with one energy wave (except Odin and Thor) so look at it closely and give me a reason for your answer.
"

Galactus is far from omnipoetent or nigh! and it was the other way around, the Asguardians and the Olympians had a hard time just with one Celestial! Galactus might be lucky at best with a single Celestial, any more, and he better run to far away corner of the universe!
Theracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Theracles
Alpha said:
"Galactus is a force of universal nature, relevant to Eternity and Death. The Celetials are just very powerful and intelligent aliens.  "

Galactus can beat the Celestials if he is in full power, Galactus is an eternal god, almost like God, but the Celestials are alien beings with immense power more like the Watchers, Galactus is too powerful for the Celestials to beat (including One-Above-All), are the Celestials evil or good? They seem so dispicable.
lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By lordraiden
Theracles said:
"Alpha said:
"Galactus is a force of universal nature, relevant to Eternity and Death. The Celetials are just very powerful and intelligent aliens.  "

Galactus can beat the Celestials if he is in full power, Galactus is an eternal god, almost like God, but the Celestials are alien beings with immense power more like the Watchers, Galactus is too powerful for the Celestials to beat (including One-Above-All), are the Celestials evil or good? They seem so dispicable."

Galactus is NEVER full! That's his lot in his universe, to constanly consume planets, his energy constanly depletes! Again, as stated before, Galactus MIGHT do well enough against a lone Celestial, but he would get his A#$ handed to him by the Host!
Theracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Theracles

Ok, if Galactus found a way to become fully powered he would be able to beat some Celestials (not all). Are the Celestials good or evil?

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By lordraiden
Theracles said:
"

Ok, if Galactus found a way to become fully powered he would be able to beat some Celestials (not all). Are the Celestials good or evil?

"

Neither, their above Godlike beings! They may possibly have something to do with Eternity himself, whether they came from him?
Theracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Theracles

Ok, but Galactus wears armor to sustain his immense power, if Galactus fought them without his armor he would be much more powerful thsn any Celestial.

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By lordraiden
Theracles said:
"Ok, but Galactus wears armor to sustain his immense power, if Galactus fought them without his armor he would be much more powerful thsn any Celestial."

Sorry, but that made absolutely no sense to me? Did you just make that up?
Theracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Theracles

No, Galactus wears his armor to contain his power, so when he battles his power isn't used to its full extent but if he took off his armor his power would be released which means he would be too powerful for the Celestials. Galactus wears the armor because he can't control and sustain his complete power.

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By lordraiden
Theracles said:
"No, Galactus wears his armor to contain his power, so when he battles his power isn't used to its full extent but if he took off his armor his power would be released which means he would be too powerful for the Celestials. Galactus wears the armor because he can't control and sustain his complete power."

Ah, yeah, not sure where your getting your info from, but it's a little mixed up and you might want to research a little more :-) Galactus without his armour would be naked, and I doubt being naked would make Galactus more powerfull! P.S. I think you really need to also read up on the Celestials to better understand them, seems like your basing what you know solely based on Galactus, which that info seems to be slighty skewed!
Theracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Theracles

ok, I know I have to research more but Galactus's physical form without his armor isn't human like, it is a humanoid golden glowing figure with energy around him.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Changed to battle forum.
Post battles in the battle forums from now on.

Theracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Theracles

Ok.

SeSAW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SeSAW

Galactus could never beat all of the celestrials because there are billions of them. But there might not be that many celestials that could take Galactus solo infact there are not maybe the dreaming celestrial, or there OAA, but Galactus could beat any celestrial solo probably even two or three of them at a time he would have a hard time dealling with any more than that.

Theracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Theracles

I guess so.

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By lordraiden
Theracles said:
"ok, I know I have to research more but Galactus's physical form without his armor isn't human like, it is a humanoid golden glowing figure with energy around him."

You mean this guy, Galen aka galactus!

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By warlock360
lordraiden said:
"Theracles said:
"ok, I know I have to research more but Galactus's physical form without his armor isn't human like, it is a humanoid golden glowing figure with energy around him."

"
you see galactus is seen as the race that looks upon him, a skrull would see a skrulll. a kree would see a kree and human would see a human, but in other circumstances THIS is galactus' real embodiment.
caption
caption
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By King_Saturn
I dont believe Galactus can defeat all the Celestials
lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By lordraiden
King Saturn said:
"I dont believe Galactus can defeat all the Celestials"

I don't believe he can beat many of them!
SeSAW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SeSAW

Hell no he can't bottom line if you take 16 of the most powerful celestrials and put them together no force in marvel under TOAA should stop them not even LT

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By King_Saturn
lordraiden said:
"King Saturn said:
"I dont believe Galactus can defeat all the Celestials"

I don't believe he can beat many of them!"
Okay Then... Well we have covered he cant beat all of them or many of them... well I wonder if Galactus can beat some of them...

lol
lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By lordraiden
SeSAW said:
"

Hell no he can't bottom line if you take 16 of the most powerful celestrials and put them together no force in marvel under TOAA should stop them not even LT

"

Yeah, he could, cause outside of TOAA, everyone else is under LT, and that includes Eternity and ALL the Celestials! A click of LT's fingers is something everyone should fear, Celestials and Galactus alike!
SeSAW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By SeSAW

Yes thats true but don't act like LT hasent been tested before and the Celestrials have some pretty powerful beings at the top of there hierarcy. They would not do it cuz there too wise but I think they could.

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By lordraiden
SeSAW said:
"Yes thats true but don't act like LT hasent been tested before and the Celestrials have some pretty powerful beings at the top of there hierarcy. They would not do it cuz there too wise but I think they could."

I Don't recall saying I was ever acting! and they would not do it cause their wise, but more so cause they know their place! The only two beings who went above LT was Thanos with the HOTU and pre-retcon Beyonder!  Thanos with Hotu was not in regular marvel 616 and Beyonder has been retconned since his original conception!
SeSAW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By SeSAW

IMO they could do it with as many uber feats as they have it is very possible IMO.

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By lordraiden
SeSAW said:
"IMO they could do it with as many uber feats as they have it is very possible IMO.

"

If I recall correctly, Thanos with the IG took on Celestials, Lord Order & Chaos, Galactus, The Stranger and Eternity himself  to name but a few cosmic/universal giants, and beat them all,  yet LT could turn the IG off with a click of his fingers and end it all! Kinda gives you an indication of the power he wields, doesn't it :-)
SeSAW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By SeSAW

True but that was only 2 celestrials he took on I said if they had about 16 of there most powerful ones. I think it was stated that the celestials don't come from outside of the multiverse.

Avatar image for the_human_juggernaut
the human Juggernaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Voidheart said:
"lordraiden said:
"Theracles said:

"
you see galactus is seen as the race that looks upon him, a skrull would see a skrulll. a kree would see a kree and human would see a human, but in other circumstances THIS is galactus' real embodiment.
caption
caption
"
so would celestials see galactus as another celestial?
Theracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Theracles
the human Juggernaut said:
"Voidheart said:
"lordraiden said:
"Theracles said:

"
caption
caption
"
so would celestials see galactus as another celestial?
"
Maybe. Not even the Celestials can comprehend his true form.
SeSAW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By SeSAW

One Celestrial was already able to attack him and beat him before.

mr.superior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By mr.superior

I think Galactus can beat a celestial not a group of them and not the one above all the head celestial.

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By lordraiden
Tevnoba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Tevnoba
SeSAW said:
"

"
LT could still stop them.  He could stop the entirety of the Celestial Host.
mrwenpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By mrwenpire

Celestial > Galactus.
xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By xan84
@Tevnoba said:
"SeSAW said:
"

"
LT could still stop them.  He could stop the entirety of the Celestial Host."

Agree. Only TOAA and HOTU should be above LT.
why so serious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By why so serious

which celestial?  The dreaming one?

The Dude.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By The Dude.
@Theracles said:
"Galactus is an omnipotent or nigh-omnipotent being to some, he has virtually limitless power from the Power Cosmic but what if he went toe to toe with the Celestials, who would win? A fully powered Galacuts or the Celestials?
caption
caption
"

When you say Celestials, you talking bout the race themselves??  He'd be lucky to survive the top dogs, aka TOAA, Areshim, Dreaming Celestial aka Tiamat, let alone the whole race.
The Dude.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By The Dude.
@SeSAW said:
"True but that was only 2 celestrials he took on I said if they had about 16 of there most powerful ones. I think it was stated that the celestials don't come from outside of the multiverse. "

TOAA and not sure of the second, possibly Arashim?
Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#44  Edited By Satyrquaze

The Celestials could no more defeat Eternity than a standard human could defeat the continent of North America.
RoninTheFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#45  Edited By RoninTheFury
@Theracles: sorry friend, i know that this is a long forgotten topic, but when exactly did the Celestials have a hard time with the Asgardians? The Celestials eradicated them, with ease. when Odin, Zeus, and Vishnu went to confront Arishem the Judge, they hit him with a combined blast of power that could have destroyed a planet, and Arishem barely took notice of it. then he opened a portal to all three of their respective domains, and began to destroy them, and all 3 of the gods went white with fear, because they could see him doing it. the only reason he stopped was because Odin, Zeus, and Vishnu got down on their knees to Arishem, and promised to never again interfere with the works of the Celestials. of course, it was a lie, and that was when Odin had the Destroyer Armor created, and took it to each and every god-head in the realms of earth, and had them infuse it with a portion of their own power. 1000 years later, Odin absorbed all the life essence of each and every asgardian(except for Thor) and entered the Armor. the total power of Odin and all of Asgard made the Destroyer grow to the same height of the Celestials. he then drew the all-powerful Odinsword, and went to fight the Celestials. the battle was a massacre. the only time the OdinDestroyer damaged a Celestial was when he chopped the arm off Nezzar the Calculator, and it instantly grew right back. even when he unleashed the Destroyers greatest weapon, his beams of total disintegration, one of the Celestials, just casual raised his hand, and deflected it like it was nothing. Ziran the Tester grabbed the Destroyers arm, and with the other arm, pummeled Ziran with enough force to pulverize planets, and it didn't even phase him. when the Celestials were finished with playing with the Destroyer, they used their combined power to reduce it to molten slag, leaving Odin's and all of the Asgardians life force to be lost in limbo. The only reason the Celestials did not kill Thor, or destroy the planet was Thor's mother, Gaea, appeared and begged Arishem to spare her son and all of earth. she gave them an offering of young gods, explaining that all mankind would one day have the same potential. The only reason Odin and the rest of Asgard were restored to their bodies, was because Thor went to all of the god-heads, and asked them to bestow another portion of their power into Mjolnir, which allowed Thor to retrieve their drifting life energies.  so i am just curious, at what time did the Celestials have a hard time? i do not ask out of rudeness, i ask because maybe you know something about another confrontation that i do not. 

Don't get me wrong, i believe that Galactus is more powerful than all but 3 Celestials: Arishem the Judge, Exitar the Exterminator, and the leader of the Celestials, One Above All, and in their cases i do not think they are more powerful, just equal to Galactus. But Galactus vs. an entire host of Celestials, i would have to give it to the Celestials, only because while Galactus may have more power than the Celestials, it is not limitless. the more he uses in a battle, the weaker he gets over time.
rayn1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By rayn1984

this topic is like a battle between a single lioness against  100 buffaloes

Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Thor's hammmer

against all the celestials? aren't there thousands? he gets annialated.
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Hellos
@Thor's hammmer said:

"against all the celestials? aren't there thousands? he gets annialated. "

He did last a lot longer against the Galactus engine then they did. I think most of the Celestials turned tail and made a run for it. 

It was pretty much all up to Galactus to save the day.
Avatar image for capitolpunishment
CapitolPunishment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@RoninTheFury: 
I agree with most of what you said. 

I do disagree with the Clestials you named to rival Galactus,The one above all (Celestial) has shown to be equal to the dreaming celestial and is only lord of the 4th host, not all of them, Galactus would stomp him. The invisible woman killed Exitar by expanding a forcefield in his brain after Thor put a big hole in his chest. In the Thanos imperitive Galactus was shown to be much stronger than any of the Celistials present, encluding Arishem. Galactus would stomp all three of them.  

The only Celestial that would have any chance in a 1 vs 1 with Galactus is Scathan and Scathan would most likely win.

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

#50  Edited By AssertingValor

Galactus could maybe take on 3 lower end celestials........................