Galactus vs. Odin

stafikking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By stafikking

This is not me being prejudiced against Galactus, I just want to know who wins. 

First round is Odin vs. an average hungry Galactus 

Second round is Odin vs. a fully fed Galactus 

Both battle take place in a barren universe with no life.
Avatar image for celestialheroin
celestialheroin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By celestialheroin

Galactus

WindCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By WindCloud

1st Rd:  Odin
2nd Rd:  Galan

FLCL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By FLCL1
@celestialheroin said:
"Galactus "
hdorman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By hdorman1

id say galactus both rounds 

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

1. Galactus.
2. Galactus slaughters.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Thanos1992 said:
" @JediXMan said:
" 1. Galactus.
2. Galactus slaughters. "
odin  and odin "
First: Debatable.  
Second: No. Odin is not beating Galactus at full power.
llagrok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By llagrok

Odin's power level is so difficult to determine. His evil personality bit, infinity, was ready to threaten the universe and so does Surtur. The threats he faces however doesn't seem to be an indicator of his power level. Fully fed Galactus would encompass the universe or somesuch, Odin doesn't stand a chance in that fight at least. 

The first one? tough call, I say Odin goes down after a good and long fight.

Xi Felix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Xi Felix
@JediXMan: 

So basically(according to Thanos 1992s' last post at least), the only chance Odin has in the second round is to kill himself (hahahaha).
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Thanos1992: 

Ultimate Alliance is a video game. It is not canon.

Galactus at full power is near Eternity's level (I didn't say he's equal. I used to think he was, but he isn't)
Avatar image for a_touch_of_class__atc_
A Touch of Class (ATC)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Galactus in both scenarios.

LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By LT1085
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Thanos1992 said:
" @JediXMan said:
" @Thanos1992:    Ultimate Alliance is a video game. It is not canon.  Galactus at full power is near Eternity's level (I didn't say he's equal. I used to think he was, but he isn't) "
it was stated he was his equal "
1. At times I am unsure of that.
2. If you really believe that, how can you possibly say Odin is anywhere close to his level?
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By King_Saturn
Galactus should be able to win Both Rounds... 
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By spidey 15
@King Saturn said:
" Galactus should be able to win Both Rounds...  "
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Thanos1992 said:
" @JediXMan said:
" @Thanos1992 said:
" @JediXMan said:
" @Thanos1992:    Ultimate Alliance is a video game. It is not canon.  Galactus at full power is near Eternity's level (I didn't say he's equal. I used to think he was, but he isn't) "
it was stated he was his equal "
1. At times I am unsure of that. 2. If you really believe that, how can you possibly say Odin is anywhere close to his level? "
well galactus is Galactus  he eats planets talks to eternity like a equal and even death does not apply to him as for power ive never seen eternity use its power ive seen it get its ass beat by thanos "
The only time Eternity was beaten by Thanos was with the Infinity Gauntlet or the Heart of the Universe - both of which extremely powerful items that would beat most beings in the MU.
imrigone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By imrigone

1. Probably Galactus
2. DEFINITELY Galactus

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Thanos1992: 

Then that is a very bad example. Odin would die in seconds against the Infinity Gauntlet or the Heart of the Universe.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By Static Shock

Galactus wins both rounds.

Avatar image for riseofapocalypse
RiseofApocalypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By RiseofApocalypse

Thor 300 happens, but instead of a uberly geared Odin this is just regular Odin, and instead of celestials who Odin failed to even hurt Galactus. 

Galactus one-shots the all-father.

llagrok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By llagrok
@RiseofApocalypse:  "fails to hurt" =/= Odin cutting off arms and shit. Unlike the Celestials, Galactus does not seem to transcend time/space and he is a semi-physical abstract. No matter how stupid it is, he can be hurt by things like that. 
RiseofApocalypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By RiseofApocalypse
@llagrok:  
And it regenerated :|  
He has transcended space and time in atleast a couple of issues. Rom 27 from the top of my head. Show me be hurt from a physical punch by a being that cannot amp and fire energy blasts. Hell BRB managed to breach his armor and it was still of no consequence to him.
Surge2477

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Surge2477
@stafikking said:
"This is not me being prejudiced against Galactus, I just want to know who wins.  First round is Odin vs. an average hungry Galactus  Second round is Odin vs. a fully fed Galactus  Both battle take place in a barren universe with no life. "

The very fact that you said that lets us know how much you don't like Galactus. so far every thread you've made is Galactus related on your basis of you thinking Galactus is overrated.
llagrok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By llagrok
@RiseofApocalypse: It was of no consequence, but he was affected by it. The fact that it regenerated doesn't mean anything, they cannot be hurt that way. Doesn't mean he's unable to affect them, they're just above being hurt physically, Galactus is not. That's a laughably stupid stipulation to require, everybody to physically amp and fire energy blasts. Are you somehow insinuating that Odin can not? Galactus was hurt physically by Tenebrous, Thor hurt him physically, hell Vindicator damn-near took him out. Galactus was incredibly weak in those incidents, but they're testaments to how he is vulnerable to a multitude of attacks. Or does his physically invulnerability suddenly vanish once his hunger is cramped up? No.  

Him being able to trascend time/space consciously is not the same as existing outside time/space like the Celestials do. 
Surge2477

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Surge2477

1st round can go either way 
2nd round galactus will stomp Odin
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#26  Edited By AtPhantom
@llagrok said:
" @RiseofApocalypse: It was of no consequence, but he was affected by it. The fact that it regenerated doesn't mean anything, they cannot be hurt that way. Doesn't mean he's unable to affect them, they're just above being hurt physically, Galactus is not."
You're kinda forgetting the huge honking sword, unbeatable magical suit of armor, and every freaking Asgardian soul there is backing him up.
JThree47693

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By JThree47693

Galactus wins the first round after a good fight. Galactus destroys him in the second round.

llagrok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By llagrok
@AtPhantom: Fair enough, but Odin usually has access to a sword and he can grow to any size. The Destroyer armour did little for his offensive ability there, but I suppose the asgardian souls made him hit harder. The entire fight, though an epic event, was poorly carried out. Rise claimed that Odin vs Galactus would transpire in the same way, and if that was the case then Galactus would be hurt.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By AtPhantom
@llagrok said:
" @AtPhantom: Fair enough, but Odin usually has access to a sword and he can grow to any size. The Destroyer armour did little for his offensive ability there, but I suppose the asgardian souls made him hit harder. The entire fight, though an epic event, was poorly carried out. Rise claimed that Odin vs Galactus would transpire in the same way, and if that was the case then Galactus would be hurt. "
He doesn't have access to his sword because that's not how things work.
Second, The destroyer didn't just make him hit harder. Destroyer is a magical juggernaut armor specifically designed to combat the Celestials. There is a lot, lot more to it than just growing big and hitting harder. This was the culmination of a 1000 years of preparation Odin had against Celestials, and it failed miserably.
llagrok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By llagrok
@AtPhantom: You can hype it all you want, but you're clearly not looking at the outcome. 

The destroy was designed to combatant the Celestials, and what did it do? Nothing. Being specifically designed to do something doesn't mean jack shit unless we actually see what it does. I can claim to specifically design a rock to kill a tank, can it do so? The destroyer armour was the result of his many years of preparation, as well as the combination of every asgardian soul. Unless you can specifically prove that the armour did anything for him, other than WHAT THE ARMOUR ALWAYS DOES, then it did just about nothing for him as far as offense goes. Odin should also be capable of more than he did in that comic -without- the armour and Odinsword. I'm sure that the blasts he hit Surtur with outside Asgard would be far more potent than chop-chop with a big sword. Thor even did a better job, so clearly something was amiss. Odin can't beat 'em, but he can do better.  

Further more, this is of very little relevance to his fight against Galactus. The Galan/Celestial power-level is a tough call and we know that they operate very differently from one another.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By AtPhantom
@llagrok: I would have considered the Destroyer's capabilities to be well know. My mistake. The destroyer is not just armor. It is an absurdly powerful walking weapon of war. It is capable of standing against Odin-Force Thor at an equal footing with just one soul in it. Now imagine all the soul of Asgard, plus Odin himself in it. Any power used to power the armor is multiplied hundreds of times by the armor's magic. So no. Whatever Odin could do, it would be nothing compared to what he did with the armor and the sword, and there are scans to prove it. How do you think the Celestials and Odin first met? They met by a single Celestial thoroughly humiliating Odin, Plus Zeus, Plus Vishnu, in a single display of power. 

Any shoving of the character is of relevance, and Galactus' feats have shown him to be more on par with Celestials than Odin.

Furthermore, this is a kid friendly site, watch your mouth.
Surge2477

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Surge2477
@AtPhantom said:
" @llagrok:   Furthermore, this is a kid friendly site, watch your mouth. "

Agreed.
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#33  Edited By dane

Galactus.

Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Matezoide2
@spidey 15 said:
" @King Saturn said:
" Galactus should be able to win Both Rounds...  "
"
llagrok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By llagrok
@AtPhantom said:
" @llagrok: I would have considered the Destroyer's capabilities to be well know. My mistake. The destroyer is not just armor. It is an absurdly powerful walking weapon of war. It is capable of standing against Odin-Force Thor at an equal footing with just one soul in it. Now imagine all the soul of Asgard, plus Odin himself in it. Any power used to power the armor is multiplied hundreds of times by the armor's magic. So no. Whatever Odin could do, it would be nothing compared to what he did with the armor and the sword, and there are scans to prove it. How do you think the Celestials and Odin first met? They met by a single Celestial thoroughly humiliating Odin, Plus Zeus, Plus Vishnu, in a single display of power.    Any shoving of the character is of relevance, and Galactus' feats have shown him to be more on par with Celestials than Odin.  Furthermore, this is a kid friendly site, watch your mouth. "
You're not listening to me. I know full well what the Destroyer Armour can do. Which of these abilities did Odin employ against the Celestials? NONE. It doesn't matter what Odin can do if all he does in a fight is swing his giant sword around. Thor fared far better against them than Odin did, which would make no sense considering Odin's supposed powerup. I'd like to see some proof that the armour amplifies someone's abilities hundreds of times, but that's got nothing to do with this thread. There seems to be a lot of confusion to why the celestials are being brought up as well. Rise claimed that the fight between Odin and Galactus would go exactly like Odin vs multiple celestials, which is just plain impossible. It might have been a joke, but he seems to be dead serious about the analogy. I simply pointed out that if the fight did go like that, Galactus would be injured. You can feel free to carry on for strawman champion of 2010, but instead I'll lay down the -original- argument for you. 

If Odin attacked Galactus the same way he attacked the celestials, Galactus would be injured. He's running on a limited supply of power, unlike the Celestials who seem to be running on an -unlimited- supply. Power level aside, Galactus and the Celestials are very different beings and comparing the two would be stupid, especially considering the scenario in which Odin fought the Celestials.

Watch my mouth? lmfao. Please point out the part in my point that was so obscene.
Surge2477

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Surge2477
@llagrok: 

I think he was referring to the statement below. 

"Being specifically designed to do something doesn't mean jack shit unless we actually see what it does. I can claim to specifically design a rock to kill a tank, can it do so?"  

No worries though.
RiseofApocalypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By RiseofApocalypse
@llagrok said:
" @RiseofApocalypse: It was of no consequence, but he was affected by it. The fact that it regenerated doesn't mean anything, they cannot be hurt that way. Doesn't mean he's unable to affect them, they're just above being hurt physically, Galactus is not. That's a laughably stupid stipulation to require, everybody to physically amp and fire energy blasts. Are you somehow insinuating that Odin can not? Galactus was hurt physically by Tenebrous, Thor hurt him physically, hell Vindicator damn-near took him out. Galactus was incredibly weak in those incidents, but they're testaments to how he is vulnerable to a multitude of attacks. Or does his physically invulnerability suddenly vanish once his hunger is cramped up? No.   Him being able to trascend time/space consciously is not the same as existing outside time/space like the Celestials do.  "
Odinsword. The celestial was still unharmed. Nice try. 
Actually, in an alternate reality, Galactus told Invisible Woman that no physical attacks can harm him. Odin can, but that is neither here nor there. I was merely saying that Galactus cannot be physically harmed because you said that he can. Tenebrous isn't a physical being. He is a universal power, and it's damn obvious that he wasn't just using his fists. Godblast-something that happened 35-ish years ago. The Alpha Flight managed to hurt him because his powers weren't operating and that he was starving and at the brink of death. 

Galactus exiled himself from time and space after the UN was used on him and Tyrant. He has also fed upon Hyperspace.
Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Valkaad

Galactus. No contest.

llagrok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By llagrok
@RiseofApocalypse: No, he was not unharmed. He healed back. Healing back from an injury is not the same as never taking injury, you are not unharmed by his actions. Semantics, yay. Tenebrous is hardly a "universal power" and he did use his fists. I know it's silly to imagine them physically fighting but that's how Marvel does things. He used his cosmic god martial arts to hit Galactus. And once again you try to claim that Galactus loses his immunity to being harmed simply because he is hungry. Him being susceptible to injury from a lesser degree of a type of injury is not the same as him losing his immunity to that type of injury, this should be fairly obvious to anyone. I don't agree with how this is, but I'm not going to simply go by how I -want- Galactus to be, I go by how he's portrayed in the comics.  

Good spacetime and alternate universe strawman, feel free to continue. 

Odin can wield just about any energy type there is out there. Even if we went by the few outnumbered showings and assume he is beyond physical injury, it would not matter for or against him in this fight. 
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By AtPhantom
@llagrok said:

"You're not listening to me. I know full well what the Destroyer Armour can do. Which of these abilities did Odin employ against the Celestials? NONE. It doesn't matter what Odin can do if all he does in a fight is swing his giant sword around. Thor fared far better against them than Odin did, which would make no sense considering Odin's supposed powerup. I'd like to see some proof that the armour amplifies someone's abilities hundreds of times, but that's got nothing to do with this thread. There seems to be a lot of confusion to why the celestials are being brought up as well. Rise claimed that the fight between Odin and Galactus would go exactly like Odin vs multiple celestials, which is just plain impossible. It might have been a joke, but he seems to be dead serious about the analogy. I simply pointed out that if the fight did go like that, Galactus would be injured. You can feel free to carry on for strawman champion of 2010, but instead I'll lay down the -original- argument for you.  If Odin attacked Galactus the same way he attacked the celestials, Galactus would be injured. He's running on a limited supply of power, unlike the Celestials who seem to be running on an -unlimited- supply. Power level aside, Galactus and the Celestials are very different beings and comparing the two would be stupid, especially considering the scenario in which Odin fought the Celestials.  Watch my mouth? lmfao. Please point out the part in my point that was so obscene. "

Read the comic. Thor only did better by throwing the sword which the Celestials wanted him to do. It was promptly melted to slag, and Thor was brought to death's door. Thor did "better" only because he was more amusing to them. 
Evidence? How about the armor standing up to OF Thor, while powered by Balder, who is nowhere near the power of his brother under normal circumstances, let alone OF.

And yeah, I guess I pressed the Celestials angle a bit too much. But you're also not entirely right. Rise did make the point of saying normal Odin without his weapons, and you're the one who pressed on with enacting the exact circumstances of the comic.
Logic Mark III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Logic Mark III

Celestials are so far above Galactus. Why mention them? 

Beta Ray Bill nearly killed Galactus. 

Odin would slap him up.
llagrok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By llagrok
@AtPhantom said:

" @llagrok said:

"You're not listening to me. I know full well what the Destroyer Armour can do. Which of these abilities did Odin employ against the Celestials? NONE. It doesn't matter what Odin can do if all he does in a fight is swing his giant sword around. Thor fared far better against them than Odin did, which would make no sense considering Odin's supposed powerup. I'd like to see some proof that the armour amplifies someone's abilities hundreds of times, but that's got nothing to do with this thread. There seems to be a lot of confusion to why the celestials are being brought up as well. Rise claimed that the fight between Odin and Galactus would go exactly like Odin vs multiple celestials, which is just plain impossible. It might have been a joke, but he seems to be dead serious about the analogy. I simply pointed out that if the fight did go like that, Galactus would be injured. You can feel free to carry on for strawman champion of 2010, but instead I'll lay down the -original- argument for you.  If Odin attacked Galactus the same way he attacked the celestials, Galactus would be injured. He's running on a limited supply of power, unlike the Celestials who seem to be running on an -unlimited- supply. Power level aside, Galactus and the Celestials are very different beings and comparing the two would be stupid, especially considering the scenario in which Odin fought the Celestials.  Watch my mouth? lmfao. Please point out the part in my point that was so obscene. "

Read the comic. Thor only did better by throwing the sword which the Celestials wanted him to do. It was promptly melted to slag, and Thor was brought to death's door. Thor did "better" only because he was more amusing to them.  Evidence? How about the armor standing up to OF Thor, while powered by Balder, who is nowhere near the power of his brother under normal circumstances, let alone OF.  And yeah, I guess I pressed the Celestials angle a bit too much. But you're also not entirely right. Rise did make the point of saying normal Odin without his weapons, and you're the one who pressed on with enacting the exact circumstances of the comic. "
Thor was blasting left and right, and lasted at least a few seconds longer. This is not evidence that the armour amplifies the wielder's magical powers a hundred times, that's not how it works. Seems to me that the armour has a set level, but can be taken further by a powerful soul inside it, such as Tarene. There's also a huge difference between it being worn as an armour, like Odin does, and someone's soul being channeled into it, Tarene, that random military guy from early v2. It also didn't stand up against Odinforce Thor. King Thor took Desak+armour out with a single mjolnir throw (granted, it was an insanely powerful throw) and Thor from JMS run only had a bit of the OF in him. The armour is strong, but it hasn't proven that it specifically amplifies the holders magical abilities a hundred fold.   

Odin doesn't have anything in this thread though, and he does have so many options aside from physical attacks that it's not even funny. So the celestial analogy is unnecessary and whether or not Galactus is immune to physical harm (which he should be, but clearly isn't) is completely irrelevant.   

Odin loses both, close fight in the first.
RiseofApocalypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By RiseofApocalypse
@llagrok said:

" @RiseofApocalypse: No, he was not unharmed. He healed back. Healing back from an injury is not the same as never taking injury, you are not unharmed by his actions. Semantics, yay. Tenebrous is hardly a "universal power" and he did use his fists. I know it's silly to imagine them physically fighting but that's how Marvel does things. He used his cosmic god martial arts to hit Galactus. And once again you try to claim that Galactus loses his immunity to being harmed simply because he is hungry. Him being susceptible to injury from a lesser degree of a type of injury is not the same as him losing his immunity to that type of injury, this should be fairly obvious to anyone. I don't agree with how this is, but I'm not going to simply go by how I -want- Galactus to be, I go by how he's portrayed in the comics.   Good spacetime and alternate universe strawman, feel free to continue.  Odin can wield just about any energy type there is out there. Even if we went by the few outnumbered showings and assume he is beyond physical injury, it would not matter for or against him in this fight.  "

Anyways...Galactus one-shots Odin like Doom did with Galan's powers in FF: WGCBM #11. 
llagrok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By llagrok
@RiseofApocalypse: Concession accepted.
Avatar image for prince_of_saiyans
Prince of Saiyans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Odin cannot win

Logic Mark III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Logic Mark III

Odin can win. His son humbled the purple giant with Mjolnir, so Odin can do the same. The beam sapped his strength, and thats what seems to elevate him to Eternity level for people here. If thats gone, then he is as weak as a kitten. 

Odin/his rampant power has feats on a par and dare i say exceeding Galactus. He can do this. A Celestial [or the better part of a dozen as the Asgardians faced] is above both of them.
Avatar image for a_touch_of_class__atc_
A Touch of Class (ATC)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Logic Mark III said:
" Odin can win. His son humbled the purple giant with Mjolnir, so Odin can do the same. The beam sapped his strength, and thats what seems to elevate him to Eternity level for people here. If thats gone, then he is as weak as a kitten.  Odin/his rampant power has feats on a par and dare i say exceeding Galactus. He can do this. A Celestial [or the better part of a dozen as the Asgardians faced] is above both of them. "
Galactus was threatening to eat the Omniverse. Odin does not compare in feats next to Galactus...

:)
Avatar image for thejuggernautpunch
TheJuggernautpunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1) Odin
2) Galactus

llagrok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By llagrok
@A Touch of Class (ATC) said:
" @Logic Mark III said:
" Odin can win. His son humbled the purple giant with Mjolnir, so Odin can do the same. The beam sapped his strength, and thats what seems to elevate him to Eternity level for people here. If thats gone, then he is as weak as a kitten.  Odin/his rampant power has feats on a par and dare i say exceeding Galactus. He can do this. A Celestial [or the better part of a dozen as the Asgardians faced] is above both of them. "
Galactus was threatening to eat the Omniverse. Odin does not compare in feats next to Galactus...  :) "
Wait, are we using the Black Celestial Saga? What great fun! 
Aaric_Rivad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Aaric_Rivad

Galactus annihilates Odin.  

The fact that Fraction is even trying to make this a contest is ridiculous.