Bradly in a decently fought battle.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a794b61068b8
deactivated-5a794b61068b8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Close match, but I'll go with Bradley in both rounds.

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A healthy, bloodlusted Bradley wins round 1 10/10.

Round 2 is a tossup, but if Greed covers Ling's entire body with his ultimate Sheild, there's really no way for Bradley to hurt him.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5 Lunacyde  Moderator

1. Bradley

2. Team

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900
deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Bradley both

Avatar image for war_of_light_2814
war of light_2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1.Toss up.

2.PIS-off Greedling solos.

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1) Bradley high diff.

Round 2) Team take it if Greedling stops jobbing and uses his complete ultimate shield.

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bradley

Team with very high difficulty

Amnesiak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1 Bradley

2 Team if Greedling use his Ultimate Shield

GothamCiti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By GothamCiti

R1: Bradley blitzes Scar and wins against Ling 10/10.

R2: This round is more closer due to bloodlust for GreedLing, but I can see Bradley overwhelming GreedLing more often than not before GreedLing can use his complete Ultimate Shield for a majority.

Marty2187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 rogueshadow  Moderator

A healthy, bloodlusted Bradley wins round 1 10/10.

Round 2 is a tossup, but if Greed covers Ling's entire body with his ultimate Sheild, there's really no way for Bradley to hurt him.

VashtaNerada88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marty2187:

Does Greed's Ultimate Shield cover his eyes? Would the Red Circles on his body still be his weak points?

I think so, although there is no way of knowing for sure. Greed (or greedling for that matter) wasn't going full shield against Wrath in FMA because i think it makes his speed/movement much more slow than just keeping his hands covered. But going full body shield makes it practically impossible for Wrath to win without the right kind of environment. On the other hand, full body shield greedling would have almost zero chance of ever tagging Wrath

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Why didn't Greddling start his last fight with Bradly fully armored anyway?

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marty2187: His eyes change colour, and he states that it covers his entire body. While I'm personally a little dubious that it covers his eyes, we have no reason to believe it doesn't.

If you're referring to the first Greed's fight with wrath when he stabs him through the red marks on his shoulders, I'm pretty sure they're a design on his shirt. When he covers his entire body with the ultimate shield, he doesn't have any weak points.

Bradley specifically targets the points on his body where Greed hasn't used his ultimate shield yet, as he can't regenerate and use the shield at the same time.

Marty2187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingcrimson:

If you're referring to the first Greed's fight with wrath when he stabs him through the red marks on his shoulders, I'm pretty sure they're a design on his shirt. When he covers his entire body with the ultimate shield, he doesn't have any weak points.

Actually, Greed has the same markings with his armor on - red bands meeting at circles:

No Caption Provided

So does Lust, btw:

No Caption Provided

And Gluttony:

No Caption Provided

And Sloth:

No Caption Provided

The point is that Bradley subdued Greed by stabbing him through those marks and leaving him there. So do these marks represent some sort of weak points for the Homunculi?

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marty2187: Ah, right you are sir. Apologies.

Still, I don't think so. It's never stated and that's the only showing that maybe implies it.

But the guy was stabbed with 4 swords without his shield up, so not to surprised he was subdued for a while. Wrath states that he can die, he just regenerates and comes back.

Plus, IIRC he still had those swords implanted in him during his conversation with Father before he's lowered into the pit and he is moving and talking then.

I think its more likely that they're just for show, for whatever reason.

Marty2187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingcrimson:

Plus, IIRC he still had those swords implanted in him during his conversation with Father before he's lowered into the pit and he is moving and talking then.

That's exactly why I thought they were his weak-points. That for some reason, if you stab a homunculus in those points, it stops them from using their powers like hardening or regenerating. And it was because Greed was stabbed through those circles when brought before Father that he didn't harden when being lowered into lava.

VashtaNerada88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingcrimson:

That's exactly why I thought they were his weak-points. That for some reason, if you stab a homunculus in those points, it stops them from using their powers like hardening or regenerating. And it was because Greed was stabbed through those circles when brought before Father that he didn't harden when being lowered into lava.

I think the red circles were just the authors design, Pride/Envy didn't have anything like that iirc, nor did any version of Father.

I always thought the lava bath was Father's way of completely destroying Greed. His body may be extremely durable but shouldn't be able to withstand extreme heats.

Marty2187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marty2187 said:

@kingcrimson:

I think the red circles were just the authors design, Pride/Envy didn't have anything like that iirc, nor did any version of Father.

I always thought the lava bath was Father's way of completely destroying Greed. His body may be extremely durable but shouldn't be able to withstand extreme heats.

Here are my questions:

1. Why did Wrath stab Greed through those spots and leave him there while he dealt with his underlings?

2. Why was Greed stabbed through those spots when hanging over lava?

3. Why didn't Greed harden his body when being dipped in lava?

VashtaNerada88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By VashtaNerada88

@marty2187:

Here are my questions:

1. Why did Wrath stab Greed through those spots and leave him there while he dealt with his underlings?

IMO, it was just a means of pinning him down so he could bring him before Father. In that instance Greed failed to raise his shield as fast as Wrath was lopping off limbs.

2. Why was Greed stabbed through those spots when hanging over lava?

Perhaps, specifically for the Ultimate Shield, Greeds body couldn't fully/completely harden while still being impaled by Wraths blades, ergo making him vulnerable to the lava.

3. Why didn't Greed harden his body when being dipped in lava?

The swords that were inside him MAY have caused a hole/gap in his armor that couldn't defend against the magma. But also, it makes little difference at this point. The FMA universe is based heavily off of suedo science rather than magic, while greed could make his body hard as diamond everything has a melting point. Excessive heat potentially could have overwhelmed his shield regardless.

really..what other purpose was there for keeping a tub of magma handy?? lol

Marty2187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vashtanerada88:

IMO, it was just a means of pinning him down so he could bring him before Father. In that instance Greed failed to raise his shield as fast as Wrath was lopping off limbs.

So why didn't Greed regenerate his arms, harden them into claws and then break/pull out the swords after Wrath left him there?

The swords that were inside him MAY have caused a hole/gap in his armor that couldn't defend against the magma.

You are missing the point. The question is, why didn't Greed harden at all? If he had hardened himself and still gotten eaten by lava, that would be one thing. But why didn't he even put up the shield?

VashtaNerada88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vashtanerada88:

So why didn't Greed regenerate his arms, harden them into claws and then break/pull out the swords after Wrath left him there?

Wasn't each of his arms/legs pinned? i suppose potentially, he lacked the strength to break free while he was flat on his back. That Greed (not GreedLing) was never portrayed as being strong at all & his Shield wouldn't amplify his strength only durability.

The swords that were inside him MAY have caused a hole/gap in his armor that couldn't defend against the magma.

You are missing the point. The question is, why didn't Greed harden at all? If he had hardened himself and still gotten eaten by lava, that would be one thing. But why didn't he even put up the shield?

Perhaps Greed knew it was futile to even bother. Although there is no way of knowing if he (greed) knew lava to be his weakness; Father should have though.

Marty2187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vashtanerada88:

No, his arms and legs weren't pinned. The swords through his body were through those markings.

And you are telling me that he could have hardened during the dip, but "chose" not to?

VashtaNerada88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By VashtaNerada88

@marty2187: good points but im not trying to tell you anything =/

Wrath pinning him down is starting to seem like a bit of a plot hole. unless that greed was so weak he couldn't pull the sword out by himself. (he was impaled through stone)

you have good/solid questions i was just trying to put in my thoughts on them. I don't think it is ever stated that those red circles are weaknesses of the humonculi though. I think he could have put up his shield but it would have made little difference.

The only "weakness" i recall them having was their own personal stones. like when Mustang ripped out Lust's stone, her body died but then she just regrew around the stone itself.

Marty2187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

King_Nomarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bradley round one. Team round 2 with high difficulty.

kotetsu454

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1 9/10 rounds Bradley

Round 2 Scar beat an injured Bradley.... with injuries he sustained in a fight with Greedling and a few others.... Team takes round 2.

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kotetsu454:

Round 2 Scar beat an injured Bradley.... with injuries he sustained in a fight with Greedling and a few others....

Not to mention, the only reason Scar actually defeated Bradley was because of the eclipse, which, imo, was one of the worst examples of PIS I've ever seen.

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marty2187: his arms and legs weren't pinned, but he stabbed him with two swords through his abdomen as well.

IMO, it just took a lot out of him.

If the homunculi had such a glaring weakness as literal bullseyes painted on them, I feel like it would of been mentioned at some point throughout the story.

Marty2187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingcrimson: But the only ones who'd know of this weakness would be the other Homunculus and they are not likely to advertise it.

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marty2187: Well then Bradley should have known, and he had no reason to keep it to himself as he lacks the marks himself.

It's kind of an important point in the story from the readers perspective, so the writers could of easily made them aware if they were in fact a weakness.

Marty2187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingcrimson: Bradley did know - which is why he stabbed Greed in those exact spots, IMO.

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marty2187: If that were true, why did he bother stabbing him in the stomach as well?

It doesn't add up and it's never mentioned by anybody that they have such a detrimental, painfully obvious weakness? Not even for the readers sake?

Marty2187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingcrimson:

You are asking why Bradly stabbed Greed through the 2 of those markings on the chest AND the 2 markings on the stomach?

No Caption Provided

As for why they didn't explain it - no idea. There are plenty of things that weren't explained - like how long do Lust's spear stretches, what exactly is the "Ultimate Eye", why is Sloth so durable without the Ultimate Shield, what are Pride's "shadows" made of?

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By KingCrimson

@marty2187:

Ah, didn't spot those 2 on his abdomen during the anime. Still, could of been because they are basically visible bullseyes on his body. I'd say it was natural for anyone aim for those - even subconsciously.

No offence man, but those are all ridiculous examples aside from the ultimate eye.

Who cares how long Lust's spear stretches?

Sloth is just a durable homunculi - they all have different superhuman traits.

Pride's shadows are just another ability that, again, doesn't require an explanation.

That five out of the seven -supposedly- indestructible homunculi have these red circles on their person that can take them out immediately and its never mentioned that they're a weakness is such a stretch its not even worth mentioning IMO.

There is not even a shred of evidence from any of the other battles that this is the case - it's totally your conjecture.

Marty2187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Marty2187

@kingcrimson:

So, what significance do you think those red nodes have? Why do you think some homunculi have them while others don't?

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marty2187: Personally? Purely design based. No other explanation for it. Why does Ed have that design on the back of his coat?

To me it seems similar to their Ouroboros tattoos - they don't serve any particular purpose other than to identify them as homunculus to the reader.

It can't be any coincidence that the only two missing said markings are the two that the reader is supposed to be unaware are homunculus until its chosen to be revealed in the story.

Marty2187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingcrimson:

You should really pay more attention to the series. There is a lot more symbolism here than "purely design based".

The design on Ed's back is called "Flamel's Cross" - named after the real-world Nicholas Flamel who gained the reputation of being an alchemist who made the Philosopher's Stone (Yeah, the same guy Rowling used in Harry Potter). The Flamel's Cross symbolizes "fixing of the volatile" - a step in creating the philosopher's stone. And its not just Ed, but Al has the same symbol on his shoulder and Izumi had it tattooed on her collar.

The Ouroboros tattoo, in alchemy, signifies "life and death" or "something constantly recreating itself". What does that sound like?

As for the red nodes, they definitely represent the points were philosopher's stones were injected into the body. And I suspect it has something to do with how the stone flows through the body in liquid form. Which is why, interrupting that flow by sticking swords through it would be a weakness.

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By KingCrimson

@Marty2187:

Symbolism =/= weakness.

You can't say it's definitely where they injected the philosophers stones into the body, because the 5 homunculi that have them didn't have bodies for them to be injected in to. They were created entirely through alchemy.

Wrath is the only homunculus we have seen have a philosophers stone injected and he is missing the markings. So how does his philosophers stone - which we know for a fact is in liquid form - flow through the body?

Marty2187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingcrimson:

The Flamel's Cross and the Ouroborous have symbolic significance. The nodes have other significance.

We've seen the mannequin dolls with the same red lines and nodes. We also saw them with connected to the pipes injecting them with Philosopher's stones at the nodes in their back. From that, we can conclude that those nodes serve as something like USB ports for Father to plug in the pipes to inject philosopher's stone.

Its no surprise that the only ones without those nodes are a) Pride, who is just a free-forming black mass without a definite shape or form b) Bradley, who had a human base, not a body created in lab and c) Greedling in human form who is like Bradley and lacks the nodes Greed had in his human form.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

I definitely felt there was something going on with the nodes throughout their body. I actually kept expecting it to play a part/have some relevance. My assumption was that that is how the power of the philosophers stone is dispersed throughout their body.

Marty2187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: Its not just Greed in FMA:B. In the first anime as well, Lust was pinned in place with spikes through her nodes and tattoo. I definitely think that the author was implying that impaling those nodes neutralizes the homunculus' powers.

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marty2187: Yeah I've just googled it after you mentioned the mannequin soldiers - the wiki voices the same opinion as you.

I'm still not 100% sold personally, but I won't argue it anymore. Regardless, he's never shown to have the same weakness once he covers his body in his ultimate shield so I think he's safe from Bradley whilst fully covered.

Marty2187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marty2187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingcrimson: While Bradley's swords can't cut through Greed's armor, Scar's right arm certainly can. I think Bradley can easily fend them both off at the same time and then using 1 perfect opportunity to pull Greed in the path of Scar's destructive alchemy. Using his opponents against each-other is kind of a classic Bradley move.

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marty2187: that's a good point, but an alchemist has to know the composition of the material he's deconstructing to affect it.

If Scar was aiming for Bradley, he would be trying to deconstruct skin, not Graphene, right? Don't think it would have quite the same effect. Plus, unless he kills them both with that one move, Greed should be able to either reconstruct his shield or regenerate any lost limbs.

Marty2187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marty2187: that's a good point, but an alchemist has to know the composition of the material he's deconstructing to affect it.

If Scar was aiming for Bradley, he would be trying to deconstruct skin, not Graphene, right? Don't think it would have quite the same effect. Plus, unless he kills them both with that one move, Greed should be able to either reconstruct his shield or regenerate any lost limbs.

I'm not sure. Notice that Scar rarely deconstructs skin when attacking a human opponent. Instead he goes directly for their internal organs bypassing the outer-layer altogether. So what happens if Scar's arm is prepped to destroy muscle and internal organs, but instead of Bradley, it hits Greed? My guess is, the alchemy bypasses the shield altogether and does a lot of internal damage.

What happens after that is anyone's guess. My guess would be that since the shield is attached to the muscle (it has to be, otherwise, Greed wouldn't be able to move), it crumbles giving Bradley the opening to attack Greed.

The thing about Bradley is that despite facing them 2 on 1, he can easily kill Scar any time he wants. Greed is the problematic one because his shield wouldn't give Bradley any openings. So once he gets it, he isn't going to let up. He'll keep attacking Greed and stopping from regenerating his body and shield while fending off Scar. And once Greed is done, he'll finish Scar off.

Chair-Sama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vashtanerada88:

honestly.there could be many reasons.

1. he probably knew it was pointless. while we didn't know much about father at this point, i think even greed knew, that trying to fight back, in the precense of father himself, plus wrath and the other homunculi was pointless, he couldn't even beat wrath 1v1, fighting the guy the created them? pointless. greed was very obviously defiant but not out right foolish.

2. wrath does have his all-seeing-eye. maybe he could see that the red spots were weak points.

3. maybe he was literally immobilized. i mean yes greed has insane regen, but regen only works on a wound. from what it looks like to me, wrath left his swords in their, not as a way to harm him, but to literally make it so he can't move his arms. i mean imagine literally jamming a sword into the shoulder itself between the shoulder blade and the arm bones. if done right, it will literally leave greed unable to move his arms, and as long as he doesn't take the swords out, he can't heal the wound. thus leaving him completely impaled.

4.as for lava. remember his ultimate sheild is made from carbon. he himself stated this. carbon has a melting point, specifcally of: 3550 oC, 3823 K.

so even if he hardended himself, his carbon sheild would still melt. if anything it would prolong the pain he felt from it pointlessly as either way he knows father is going to take his stone back one way or another.