Flash vs Sentry

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

Wally West couldn't handle Superboy Prime on his own.

He has literally zero chances against The Sentry whom is vastly more powerful.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Truth_Teller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sentry is near omnipotent, how could flashbeat him

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7d98090c8ef
deactivated-5c7d98090c8ef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentry rips flash in half

scans of flash resisting being ripped in half?

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In going with Flash.

Avatar image for theawesomeflashsandiego32
theawesomeflashsandiego32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ganstaz003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Offensively, Flash isn't capable of beating Sentry. What I mean is, Flash isn't capable of either killing, knocking out, battlefield removing or incapacitating (the 4 main Criteria to wining a battle in Comicvine battle threads) Sentry with the powers at his disposal.

• Speed Stealing is most likely not going to work for the very same reason why Flash is unable to speed steal from Zoom. Sentry exists in a separate time stream compared to most other beings, particularly humans. He exists a few seconds in the future. Flash isn't capable of draining Zoom's speed because Zoom exists in his own, separate time stream from Flash. So unless there's evidence of Flash having the ability to successfully drain the speed of a character existing in a separate time stream from him (existing in the future or in the past compared to Flash), the most appropriate conclusion is Flash will be unable to drain the speed of Sentry.
  • Speed Force Dump isn't going to work as Sentry could teleport out of it.
  • Physical attacks like IMP's, punches and phasing aren't going to have any affect at all, other than a few seconds where Sentry's body is temporarily out of sync before reforming again, taking at most, a few seconds only. So Flash isn't going to either kill, KO or incapacitate Sentry long enough to beat him. If Flash phases Sentry's internal organ out, like his brain, Sentry reforms in seconds. If Flash attacks Sentry with multiple IMP's, Sentry will be hurt for a few seconds before his body reforms again, taking at most, a few seconds. No physical attack from Flash is going to either kill, KO or incapacitate Sentry long enough for Flash to win this battle.

On the other hand, Sentry can launch a huge area of effect, multi-planet busting energy blast, which will eventually tag Flash and it only needs to land once to take him out.

20damon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Offensively, Flash isn't capable of beating Sentry. What I mean is, Flash isn't capable of either killing, knocking out, battlefield removing or incapacitating (the 4 main Criteria to wining a battle in Comicvine battle threads) Sentry with the powers at his disposal.

• Speed Stealing is most likely not going to work for the very same reason why Flash is unable to speed steal from Zoom. Sentry exists in a separate time stream compared to most other beings, particularly humans. He exists a few seconds in the future. Flash isn't capable of draining Zoom's speed because Zoom exists in his own, separate time stream from Flash. So unless there's evidence of Flash having the ability to successfully drain the speed of a character existing in a separate time stream from him (existing in the future or in the past compared to Flash), the most appropriate conclusion is Flash will be unable to drain the speed of Sentry.
  • Speed Force Dump isn't going to work as Sentry could teleport out of it.
  • Physical attacks like IMP's, punches and phasing aren't going to have any affect at all, other than a few seconds where Sentry's body is temporarily out of sync before reforming again, taking at most, a few seconds only. So Flash isn't going to either kill, KO or incapacitate Sentry long enough to beat him. If Flash phases Sentry's internal organ out, like his brain, Sentry reforms in seconds. If Flash attacks Sentry with multiple IMP's, Sentry will be hurt for a few seconds before his body reforms again, taking at most, a few seconds. No physical attack from Flash is going to either kill, KO or incapacitate Sentry long enough for Flash to win this battle.

On the other hand, Sentry can launch a huge area of effect, multi-planet busting energy blast, which will eventually tag Flash and it only needs to land once to take him out.

WTF did i jsut read? Scans of Sentry releasing a multi planet busting energy blast and of him existing in a different time stream?

I think a fully powered Sentry murders the Flash, but certainly not like that

GoldenGuardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentry

In comics, does Sentry ever use molecule manipulation or reality warping outside of his inception (origin story, which many would argue was psychic and not reality warping) or the conflict with MM? I guess you could argue the Void is a manifestation of Bob's reality warping, but then I would argue the Bruce Banner or Mystique or Captain Mar-Vell is warping reality too by morphing into different people. Other than the MM feat, the Sentry really hasn't warped reality or manipulated molecules much.

I still think he may simply have overpowered MM with near infinite energy instead of controlling the molecules. Or it should be retconned that way IMO. Sentry has not shown that ability before or since then. Or maybe Sentry used his psychic powers to force Owen, and by extension the reader, to believe that Sentry can control molecules. Maybe Owen defeated himself. Owen hasn't exactly been the most stable-minded character in his history and he certainly wasn't sane here. That would be another easy retcon. Currently, Sentry is basically unusable due to his inconsistency. If a character doesn't have a defined power-set or backstory, what's the point of continuing to call him one single character? Why keep re-using him just for the name? Each appearance he has a different personality and power set and story. At some point, you might as well shelve the look and create multiple characters with the powers and stories you want. It seems like that's the direction they're going in anyways.

This fight comes down to what you believe each character is actually capable of. IMO, as stupid as it is, Wally should be able to Speed Steal Sentry enough to defeat him. If you don't believe in that though, then Sentry murders, with or without his supposed reality warping powers.

Sentry resurrected his wife two times, wiped out the memories of him from entire marvel earth twice, beat super adaptoid with just psychic powers, made the watchtower appear on the avengers building out of thin air and couldn't be drained by the absorbing man, who absorbed a cosmic cube without problems.

All these feats are from mighty avengers and new avengers, way before the dark reign saga and the infamous fight with molecule man.

Regarding the fight, IMHO it depends on bob's mental state; a sentry with a strong will to fight will just keep reforming after the speed blitz from flash (flash has proven to be faster, no arguments on that), after that he has many ways to dispose of flash, it may be simply an AOE burst or a psychic attack or reality warping.
If Bob is unstable, he will just run away after a few hits.

Avatar image for dalastuchihaman
DaLastUchihaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#360  Edited By DaLastUchihaMan

Flash

P00TY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goldenguardian: a sentry with a strong will to fight will just keep reforming after the speed blitz from flash (flash has proven to be faster, no arguments on that)

Flash won't destroy Sentry's body so i don't see Sentry reforming. Flash can KO him with punches without destroying his body. Also, I believe speed steal will work. Flash can't affect people who use time manipulation for super speed. Sentry does NOT use time manipulation for his super speed. That being said, I can see Sentry winning also. His hax is just as powerful as Flash is

Nathaniel_Adam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#362  Edited By Nathaniel_Adam

Sentry wins

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wally stomps

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

I change my mind. Flash wins unless this is Death Seed Sentry. Then it is a stalemate or Flash wins with BFR.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#365 Sy8000  Online

Wally finds some way to make him break down emotionally and run away crying. Never fails.

Ganstaz003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@20damon said:

WTF did i jsut read? Scans of Sentry releasing a multi planet busting energy blast and of him existing in a different time stream?

I think a fully powered Sentry murders the Flash, but certainly not like that

1. The Sentry's powers ostensibly derive from a serum that "moves his molecules an instant ahead of the current timeline"
  2. I'm not 100% sure about the full extent of Sentry's energy projection capabilities. I believe however though, that at bare minimum, he is a planet buster. Do you have any info on Sentry's maximum destructive capacity or maximum area of effect covered with energy blasts?
  3. At best, this fight is a stalemate if Sentry isn't able to tag Flash. That is, if the effects of his attacks aren't wide or large enough. On the other hand, Flash really has no way to beat Sentry, no matter what he does, as I've already explained.
  4. How do you think Sentry beats Flash?

Ganstaz003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not to mention, the chances of Sentry getting knocked out in this fight is exponentially low, to the point where, it's practically impossible for Flash to knock Sentry out.

I don't even recall too many instances when Sentry was knocked out unconscious, that is, whilst taking into consideration that he's battled the likes of a blood lusted Hulk and Galactus without getting knocked out. Flash's power output has to be significantly higher than which Sentry has endured if he has any hope to knock Sentry out.

On top of his accelerated healing and the ability to reform from any physical damage that Flash could dish out, Flash has no way of beating Sentry, particularly via knockout.

Those arguing that Flash could knock Sentry out, must first provide an instance when Sentry was knocked out and how much destructive capacity was required to knock Sentry out. Then, they must provide instances when Flash was capable of replicating similar destructive capacity. Otherwise, there's no basis for Flash being able to knock Sentry out.

Remember! Consistent feats must be provided. One time feats such as Flash destroying Anti Monitor's armor can't be accepted. If a character has always shown city busting power at his maximum and then on a rare instance, manages to destroy the universe, the universal destruction feat can be ignored as PIS, therefore, it'd be rendered unacceptable. So how much power does Flash output when throwing his most powerful attacks on a regular, consistent basis? What's the most destructive attack that Sentry can endure on a regular, consistent basis and survive?

Avatar image for avatar_of_green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#368  Edited By Avatar_of_Green

@ganstaz003: Dude, wanking to the max. Sentry HAS been KO'ed before, FAMOUSLY, most notably by one single punch from Blue Marvel. Although he did recover somewhat quickly, he is clearly lost due to CV conditions of either BFR or KO, his eyes rolled back in his head and went white and he was laid out for a while.

Ganstaz003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ganstaz003: Dude, wanking to the max. Sentry HAS been KO'ed before, FAMOUSLY, most notably by Blue Marvel (although he did recover somewhat quickly, he is clearly lost due to CV conditions of either BFR or KO.

• Define 'KO'!
  • The fact that he recovered fast proves my point, that Flash can't incapacitate him long enough to get a win, unless it's stipulated how long one of the characters have to be incapacitated for before they lose. That's why I stated previously that Flash could temporarily damage him, but not for long enough before he reforms and he'll at most take seconds to reform and heal from those damages.
P00TY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have no idea who wins this but Flash does have a chance. In boxing being KO'ed for 10 seconds is a loss so I go by that.

We all know the faster you go... the more force you produce. Force =acceleration*Mass. To my knowledge Sentry has never tanked ONE light speed punch. Wally also comments that he could do this a thousand times. But one may be enough
We all know the faster you go... the more force you produce. Force =acceleration*Mass. To my knowledge Sentry has never tanked ONE light speed punch. Wally also comments that he could do this a thousand times. But one may be enough

This is Walter West. Wally West from another dimension. He and Flash fused together and learned each others techniques. So Flash can do this also
This is Walter West. Wally West from another dimension. He and Flash fused together and learned each others techniques. So Flash can do this also
Wally West dressed as Reverse Flash
Wally West dressed as Reverse Flash
No Caption Provided

Ganstaz003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Those who are arguing that Flash could speed steal from Sentry, provide an instance when Flash was able to speed steal from a character who existed in a separate time stream compared to himself. Otherwise, there's no reason to assume that he'll be capable of stealing speed from a character like that, especially whilst taking into consideration that Flash can't speed steal from Zoom, who also exists in his own, separate time compared to Flash.

Those who are arguing that Flash could KO Sentry by incapacitating him for 10 seconds, provide an instance where Sentry is incapacitated from physical damage for 10 seconds or more. Otherwise, he reforms and recovers from pretty much any damage almost immediately. Thus, Flash at best, is only going to temporarily incapacitate Sentry.

Also, Flash's IMP's are at light speed. I believe Sentry has the reaction time to react to punches at those speed. Punches any faster than that aren't going to be relativistic, therefore, won't cause as much damage.

AdamAmeen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentry stomps

Avatar image for mattydavehalpeo
MattyDaveHalPeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Full-power Wally has a chance.

Regime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#374  Edited By Regime

Like Sentry's speed comes anywhere close to the speed of a guy who outran instant transmission ._.

Lord-Parallax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

P00TY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#376  Edited By P00TY

@avatar_of_green: @lord-parallax: Sentry doesn't exist in a different time stream. The correct statement is: Sentry "OSTENSIBLY moves his molecules an instant ahead of the current timeline. "

Some people don't know what the word OSTENSIBLY means. It means: apparently or purportedly, but perhaps not actually.

So it is not proven a proven statement. Just a theory. Other theories say Sentry has been since Biblical Times. Regardless, he is in the current timeline. So Wallys hax will work on Sentry.

Sentry has never been hit at near light speed. One punch from Blue Marvel(who didn't want to fight) had him KOed for an undefined amount of time. Sentry has to prove that he can recover from a light speed punch. Just because Sentry has never been KOed for 10 seconds doesn't mean he can't be. That is a no limit fallacy. And Sentry was incapacitated for a long time after he fought WWH.

And Sentry has shown no resistance to the various effects of speed steal.

Avatar image for deactivated-62d106297c437
deactivated-62d106297c437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

couldn't flash just SFD sentry?

Ganstaz003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ganstaz003: Proof that Sentry exists outside of time?

Sentry doesn't exist 'outside' of time. Well, not from what I know. I didn't say he does either.

Ganstaz003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@d2therj said:

Sentry could teleport out.

Lord-Parallax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@lord-parallax said:

@ganstaz003: Proof that Sentry exists outside of time?

Sentry doesn't exist 'outside' of time. Well, not from what I know. I didn't say he does either.

"Sentry exists in a separate time stream compared to most other beings, particularly humans. He exists a few seconds in the future."

Ganstaz003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord-parallax:

"Sentry exists in a separate time stream compared to most other beings, particularly humans. He exists a few seconds in the future."

Existing in a separate time stream =/= existing 'outside' time. Two different things.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f
deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@ganstaz003 is this what you were looking for? i don't think sentry has any other planet busting feats.

Ganstaz003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@ganstaz003 is this what you were looking for? i don't think sentry has any other planet busting feats.

Thanks!

AbelHsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Flash isn't going all out than I 'll give this to Sentry.

Avatar image for avatar_of_green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

No Caption Provided

Flash Sentry FTW!

Avatar image for deactivated-62d106297c437
deactivated-62d106297c437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@d2therj said:

Are you sure? Only speedsters can access / leave it. Can you show me any scans of someone escaping a speed force dump?

Otherwise I don't believe Sentry could escape.

Ganstaz003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@d2therj said:
@ganstaz003 said:
@d2therj said:

Are you sure? Only speedsters can access / leave it. Can you show me any scans of someone escaping a speed force dump?

Otherwise I don't believe Sentry could escape.

I believe if a character couldn't teleport, like Superman for example, then they'd be trapped and wouldn't be able to escape.

teleportation allows one to travel without physically moving. There's absolutely no reason why someone couldn't teleport out of the Speed Force if they had the ability to teleport.

Speed Force is merely a dimension, just like the hell dimension is, just like the Astral Plane is and etc. If characters can teleport in and out of such dimensions, they'd have no problem entering and escaping the Speed Force either via teleportation.

Asgard also exists in a separate dimension from Earth, this means it's not possible for someone to just fly there via space travel. The only way to enter Asgard is by teleporting there. It's the same with the Speed Force. I believe when a character isn't able to enter or exit the Speed Force, it means that a character couldn't physically move out of the Speed Force our move into the Speed Force. Teleportation generally requires no physical movements.

So Battle Field Removal to the Speed Force wouldn't work on characters that can teleport like Thor, Sentry, Ghost Rider, Doctor Doom and etc.

Flash isn't the only character that can use battle field removal tactics. Just like how Flash can dump someone into the speed force dimension, Thor can also teleport someone into other dimensions, like the hell dimension for example. If Thor teleports a character into the hell dimension that can't teleport themselves, like Superman for example, they won't be able to escape from it. However, if Thor teleports someone into the hell dimension who can also teleport themselves, like Thanos for example, Thanos would be able to escape. If a character has teleportation abilities or dimensional travelling abilities, then they'd be able to exit the Speed Force and reenter the battle field. There's no reason why they shouldn't be able to.

Ganstaz003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goldchamp101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ganstaz003:

The Speedforce contains the history of Reality and encompasses the Multiverse.

Keep that in mind.

Avatar image for theawesomeflashsandiego32
theawesomeflashsandiego32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Flash

Ganstaz003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ganstaz003:

The Speedforce contains the history of Reality and encompasses the Multiverse.

Keep that in mind.

Sure!

My point was that the Speed Force is a dimension, just like other dimensions, like the Hell dimension for example. So if characters have shown the ability to travel through different dimensions, then they'd be able to escape the Speed Force.

OkPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually because of the theory of relativity flash is more durable then sentry, and is stronger.

FUKUTORA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentry blow up the planet...al over for Flash.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentry all day

Avatar image for xmangog__beastx
xMangog__Beastx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb52f8f25413
deactivated-5bb52f8f25413

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Wally stomps

Avatar image for rampagethefirst
RampageTheFirst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentry fans make me want to kill myself.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb52f8f25413
deactivated-5bb52f8f25413

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@rampagethefirst: face it, Sentry is a multiversal reality warper no matter what xD

MrStranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wally stomps