amon

OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By OmegaDynasty

Amon...although a lightning attack from Ozai while amped by the comet will probably deal some damage..unlike Mako's.

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Cooldes

ozai should be mega amped here...

i think he might just take this.

loumast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amon would have some serious trouble, Ozai probably being more skilled than most he's faced so far and the comet making him even more powerful. But... yeah, Amon. Ozai should be able to resist most blood bending, but maybe a shift here or there would do it.

AzorAhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AzorAhai

I really want to say Amon here

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 rogueshadow  Moderator

Amon's only feat of Water bending was the water tornado he formed, which whilst impressive - Ain't all that. Amon isn't going to take him with physicals alone.

Ozai blasts an enormous blast waaay outside of Amon's dodge radius and burns Amon to a crisp. That said, Amon's awesome.

ownagepants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what has amon done that's so impressive

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It depends on the starting distants. Up close Amon destroys. Far Away and Ozai would have much more of a chance.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Deranged Midget

Ozai amped by the Comet would largely toss around Amon like a ragdoll. He only ever stood a chance against Korra for example because he always had the element of surprise and was aided by his Equalists. He may be able to avoid Ozai for a decent bit but he isn't surviving any of his attacks for long, especially if Aang had immense trouble doing so before tapping into the Avatar state.

StrictlyAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ozai has never faced a bloodbender, he wont even see it coming. Unless the distance is far, then Ozai wrecks.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By pooty

Ozai has never faced a bloodbender, he wont even see it coming. Unless the distance is far, then Ozai wrecks.

This. Amon doesn't even need to move to beat him.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ozai with coment amp takes this.

And bloodbender? ozai head on attacked avatar, he's not going to wait for amon to bloodbend. He's also one of the only people in the show who had full fledged aang by the ropes continuously. He's not losing here..

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 rogueshadow  Moderator

I think they need to clarify that blood bending isn't an, 'I win', against all none Avatar characters, it was hinted at towards the end of season 1 when Mako resisted and blasted lightning

Ozai was in his total prime, he was 42, an absolute top tier master, physically in excellent shape, and he's powered by the Comet - Ozai dominates.

I don't accept that blood bending is an absolute, all the bending arts are supposed to be equal, and only the benders ow skill determines the victor:

Earth bending: Manipulate minerals in the human body, mineral bending.

Water bending - blood bending.

Fire Bending - Lightning, basically a one shot kill.

Air bending - snatching air from people's lungs seems most appropriate

But they should make it so anyone with enough strength and will can overcome these [Like Mako did] They're also pretty dark applications of the arts too.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think they need to clarify that blood bending isn't an, 'I win', against all none Avatar characters, it was hinted at towards the end of season 1 when Mako resisted and blasted lightning

Ozai was in his total prime, he was 42, an absolute top tier master, physically in excellent shape, and he's powered by the Comet - Ozai dominates.

I don't accept that blood bending is an absolute, all the bending arts are supposed to be equal, and only the benders ow skill determines the victor:

Earth bending: Manipulate minerals in the human body, mineral bending.

Water bending - blood bending.

Fire Bending - Lightning, basically a one shot kill.

Air bending - snatching air from people's lungs seems most appropriate

But they should make it so anyone with enough strength and will can overcome these [Like Mako did] They're also pretty dark applications of the arts too.

Mako didn't resist the lightning. Why is everyone saying he did? He simply used the position Amon had put him in while his blood was being bended to his advantage.

Amon, Aang and Korra are the only people that have resisted bloodbending.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 rogueshadow  Moderator

@batman242: Amon says, 'I'm impressed no-one has ever gotten the better of me like that', and he manages to slightly move his hand to bend lightning, no one else has ever even been able to bend whilst being blood bent, he did, I'd say that qualifies as resisting, or at leas resisting the effects. But you're right he didn't definitively resist it, but it was heavily implied, and I'm just a little upset that water bending has an, 'I win' button. Because at the moment, it really does.

No other element can really compete at the moment.

loumast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By loumast

@batman242: Kataara too! albeit on a full moon, but the point still stands lol

loumast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By loumast

Just figured I'd bring this up... but what time of day are we talking here? If the comet comes when there's gonna be a full moon, now that'd be a battle!

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MethoKi

@batman242: Amon says, 'I'm impressed no-one has ever gotten the better of me like that', and he manages to slightly move his hand to bend lightning, no one else has ever even been able to bend whilst being blood bent, he did, I'd say that qualifies as resisting, or at leas resisting the effects. But you're right he didn't definitively resist it, but it was heavily implied, and I'm just a little upset that water bending has an, 'I win' button. Because at the moment, it really does.

No other element can really compete at the moment.

It's not really implied. Lightning/Fire is basically the only element that can be bent without necessarily having to move your body. The only other way you can bend other than moving your body is through your mind, and Combustion Man, Amon and Yakone are the only psychic benders in that universe.

Mako just used the position his fingers were in and bended lightning. It's not really as if he actually broke the hold.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MethoKi

@loumast said:

@batman242: Kataara too! albeit on a full moon, but the point still stands lol

No, I said resist bloodbending. Katara can bloodbend, but has she resisted it? I don't think so. I'm going to rewatch The Last Airbender starting today.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@batman242: Yeah Katara has resisted it, remember she says, 'I'm a stronger water bender than you. You're blood bending won't work on me', or something like that. It's in the puppetmaster. Then Hama blood bends Aang and Sokka toward each other instead. And he does manage to move his fingers, why couldn't Toph do that, she only has to move her hand/feet a little and she earth bends, air benders don't really need to move either, or water benders since Amon can blood bend without moving. You might be right but to me it looked like for a second he managed to resist it.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By MethoKi

@batman242: Yeah Katara has resisted it, remember she says, 'I'm a stronger water bender than you. You're blood bending won't work on me', or something like that. It's in the puppetmaster. Then Hama blood bends Aang and Sokka toward each other instead. And he does manage to move his fingers, why couldn't Toph do that, she only has to move her hand/feet a little and she earth bends, air benders don't really need to move either, or water benders since Amon can blood bend without moving. You might be right but to me it looked like for a second he managed to resist it.

To be honest, I never watched the series completely through (The Last Airbender). I'm gonna start as soon as I get home. But, when it comes to bloodbending, you have to actually bend the blood in a specific part of the body, so that the person can't move. Amon might have just brought Mako's hand to his face and then try to bloodbend a different part of his body for a second and Mako may have capitalized on Amon's mistake. Benders that use anything other than fire actually have to move and shift their body parts in forms of art and flow. Fire benders, especially when bending lightning don't really have to. They just put their fingers together and point, and then they're bending.

Like I said before, Amon might have moved on from bending his hands and underestimated him.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 rogueshadow  Moderator

@batman242: I'm pretty sure he blood bends the entirety of the body, plus Mako had his full concentration. And that's what Mako does, he puts his fingers up then the camera [Not literally it's a cartoon obviously] pulls out and we see his fingers snap together an he lightning strikes Amon. I'm not saying it was an impressive resistance, but I'm pretty sure he did, and Amon had his full concentration. Also, I think they can all bend on a low level without moving at all. Amon makes a huge water tornado and he has his arms hovering at his side, impressive shizzle. Aang can bend air tied up, leaping, blowing gusts of air from his mouth what not, I think it's doable.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By MethoKi

@rogueshadow said:

@batman242: I'm pretty sure he blood bends the entirety of the body, plus Mako had his full concentration. And that's what Mako does, he puts his fingers up then the camera [Not literally it's a cartoon obviously] pulls out and we see his fingers snap together an he lightning strikes Amon. I'm not saying it was an impressive resistance, but I'm pretty sure he did, and Amon had his full concentration. Also, I think they can all bend on a low level without moving at all. Amon makes a huge water tornado and he has his arms hovering at his side, impressive shizzle. Aang can bend air tied up, leaping, blowing gusts of air from his mouth what not, I think it's doable.

He doesn't necessarily have to bend your whole body. Like when Yakone was bloodbending Aang, he twisted his limbs one by one. And in another thread, someone said Korra was able to resist Amon bloodbending her, because her legs were still free to move, simply because he was focusing on her arms. It's a possibility on why she was able to break free/resist. So with all that said, they don't really have to bend the entire body. They can focus on which parts they want to, So Mako's hand might have been free to move.

Yea, true. Air and Lightning/Fire are the only two elements that you can bend without having to move your body.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@batman242: It's possible yeah, and I suppose maybe they can focus whilst keeping a general[but weaker] grasp on the rest of the body, perhaps that's blood bending's weakness, if you want to do any serious damage, you have to focus on a specific area, but it loosens a grasp on the rest of the body. Perhaps giving the victim the chance to bend/attack?

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242: It's possible yeah, and I suppose maybe they can focus whilst keeping a general[but weaker] grasp on the rest of the body, perhaps that's blood bending's weakness, if you want to do any serious damage, you have to focus on a specific area, but it loosens a grasp on the rest of the body. Perhaps giving the victim the chance to bend/attack?

No. The grasp on the body isn't really weak at all once they're focusing on something. Like Yakone doing it on Aang. Although he was twisting one limb at a time, the rest of his limbs were truly restricted and locked tight in impossible positions. If you want to do real damage as a bloodbender, you'd just have to move the limbs in positions they shouldn't/'can't' go into. Once you focus on the arms and legs and bend them backward or away from pointing toward the bender, there's not really much they can do.

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flashgreatersigneveryone

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@batman242: I disagree, Mako clearlyfought Amon's blood bending in my opinion, Amon said he was impressed, he wouldn't be impressed if some teenager got lucky enough to be in the right position. He resisted his blood bending.

hart7668

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@joewell said:

It depends on the starting distants. Up close Amon destroys. Far Away and Ozai would have much more of a chance.

This.

If it's within 20 or so feet starting distance and no one's around, Amon grabs Ozai with his bloodbending, and removes his bending.

I mean,

No Caption Provided

it's almost like Amon has the Force.

Now if the starting distance is like, 100 yards or more, Ozai could just spam ginormous fireballs his way and raze Republic City to the ground while flying around like Iron Man.

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Cooldes

can someone tag @flashgreatersigneveryone please?

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242: I disagree, Mako clearlyfought Amon's blood bending in my opinion, Amon said he was impressed, he wouldn't be impressed if some teenager got lucky enough to be in the right position. He resisted his blood bending.

He didn't resist it much at all. He simply moved his fingers at most. With what I've seen from bloodbenders, they don't focus on appendages, meaning Mako's fingers were free to move. All the bloodbenders focus mainly on limbs to restrict movement from those parts and consequentially restrict appendages, i.e: fingers. Mako did not resist, but he did use the advantage he had with the position that he was in.

Amon was impressed solely because Mako, unlike other benders Amon went up against, was able to take adavantage of the bloodbending.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By pooty

@rogueshadow said:

He didn't resist it much at all. He simply moved his fingers at most. With what I've seen from bloodbenders, they don't focus on appendages, meaning Mako's fingers were free to move. All the bloodbenders focus mainly on limbs to restrict movement from those parts and consequentially restrict appendages, i.e: fingers. Mako did not resist, but he did use the advantage he had with the position that he was in.

Amon was impressed solely because Mako, unlike other benders Amon went up against, was able to take adavantage of the bloodbending.

If Mako did resist at all it was because Amon was toying with him. He could have instantly snapped his neck or threw him into a wall. Amon was talking for the sake of plot. If amon wants Ozai dead instantly, then Ozai dies instantly

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 rogueshadow  Moderator

@batman242: That's what I said, he resisted it and... moved his fingers, I said it wasn't all that, but never the less resisted it. If a gifted but relatively unskilled bender can fight it, then surely other can. He clearly move two fingers together to blast lightning. He wasn't impressed by his ability to utilise the scenario to his advantage, it was his bending abilities. Which I believe can overcome bloodending.

'It is almost a shame to take the bending of someone so talented'.

What are you talking about they don't focus on appendages? if that were the case Toph and Aang would have been bending Yakone into oblivion. Shall we just agree to disagree?

If you're right and Mako wasn't fighting bb then the DiMartino and Konietzko f**ked up,Water bending is OP unless they introduce the stuff mentioned, which would make the show too dark.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

@batman242 said:

@rogueshadow said:

If Mako did resist at all it was because Amon was toying with him. He could have instantly snapped his neck or threw him into a wall. Amon was talking for the sake of plot. If amon wants Ozai dead instantly, then Ozai dies instantly

Yea, and I mentioned earlier about Amon; he might have simply just moved away from Mako's arm to focus on another limb on his body. He could've been toying too.

Ozai doesn't reallt have an answer to bloodbending at all, unless he can energybend. And that's a possibility on whether or not energybenders can resist it.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242: That's what I said, he resisted it and... moved his fingers, I said it wasn't all that, but never the less resisted it. If a gifted but relatively unskilled bender can fight it, then surely other can. He clearly move two fingers together to blast lightning. He wasn't impressed by his ability to utilise the scenario to his advantage, it was his bending abilities. Which I believe can overcome bloodending.

'It is almost a shame to take the bending of someone so talented'.

What are you talking about they don't focus on appendages? if that were the case Toph and Aang would have been bending Yakone into oblivion. Shall we just agree to disagree?

If you're right and Mako wasn't fighting bb then the DiMartino and Konietzko f**ked up,Water bending is OP unless they introduce the stuff mentioned, which would make the show too dark.

When has either Toph or Aang use their fingers solely to bend on a grand scale? Can you show me where Amon was actually bending the blood in his fingers? And no, I won't agree to disagree. I don't see any reason to believe that Mako resisted bloodbending. As a matter of fact, Amon bloodbended him a second time in the same encounter and Mako wasn't able to do anything, because Amon was more cautious than to give him an advantage in his position.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@batman242: All they had to do was throw a rock at his head, they didn't even try. What do you mean show blood bending their hands? Their fingers twitch and strain that's the most we see of blood bending. Also, stop getting stressed lol, it's nothing to get p***ed off about. I don't see any reason to see he didn't resist blood bending, he managed to moved his fingers and produced lightning, nobody else has been seen bending under blood bending's influence, so he must have bent their hands. Mako's fingers contort an everything he's definitely bending his hands too. I'm done here.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By MethoKi

@batman242: All they had to do was throw a rock at his head, they didn't even try. What do you mean show blood bending their hands? Their fingers twitch and strain that's the most we see of blood bending. Also, stop getting stressed lol, it's nothing to get p***ed off about. I don't see any reason to see he didn't resist blood bending, he managed to moved his fingers and produced lightning, nobody else has been seen bending under blood bending's influence, so he must have bent their hands. Mako's fingers contort an everything he's definitely bending his hands too. I'm done here.

I'm not pissed or anything. Sorry if I seemed so. I'm just saying that the fingers are basically the only things not being bended. They don't bend the hand or feet around if you notice. They bend the arms and legs which lead to the hands and feet respectively to be twisted also. Saying the fingers twitching doesn't mean much at all. Their whole body just naturally twitches to them trying to be put back in the places they're supposed to be in.

Amon brought his arm to his face and he capitalized by reaching his fingers out (that I've said before is not effected truly by bloodbending). Do you have true proof to show that the fingers and toes are really bended also?

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@batman242: It's all good man. They more than twitch, their clearly contorted and being affected by blood bending. They're definitely being blood bent too.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

Amon can't bloodbend Ozai fast enough before he gets lit like a lightbulb and smoked like a blunt

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242: It's all good man. They'd more than twitch, their clearly contorted and being affected by blood bending. They're definitely being blood bent too.

No Caption Provided

Okay, it's nice that you showed that. Answers my question. Now can you show me where Amon was bloodbending Mako's fingers in that situation? They weren't being bended. Amon seemed to be focusing on holding him down and moving his arm up towards his face, where Mako uses his fingers.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator
No Caption Provided

This is the best image I could find, hope it'll do :)

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator
No Caption Provided

Notice how he's managed to get his fingers together. Also, I don't have an image, but before this you literally see him summon the energy to resist the Blood bending.

NoBody134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By NoBody134

Amon

Veravin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

amon

loumast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No one thinks Ozai would be able to resist quite a bit more due to being empowered by the comet?

Avatar image for flashgreatersigneveryone
FlashGreaterSignEveryone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cooldes: it worked and i say ozai would win but only if he could get into the air fast enough if not amon stomps

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Ozai's only chance is to get a quick strike in or he's done.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By MethoKi

@ancient_0f_days: Amon can actually bloodbend with his mind, so I see it working out.

@rogueshadow: Yea, but the part leading up to that is his arm being moved to his head, or Amon just not bending the blood in his arms, but only trying to hold him down. All he truly did was move his fingers and possibly his arm.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 rogueshadow  Moderator

@batman242: I don't really see how were at disagreement on the bigger picture. You think he resisted but only a tiny bit, I agree, just enough to get his bending power up and to put his fingers together to channel it.