Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

No Caption Provided

Ezra Bridger ( Rebels Season 3)

VS

No Caption Provided

Kylo Ren (The Force Awakens)

(Seen the Rebels season 3 premiere already)

In character

Winner by KO, Incapacitation or Death

Random encounter

Standard gear and abilities

Fight takes place at an unpopulated city setting at night

Who'd win? For what reasons?

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Ren should be able to stomp him force-wise

Avatar image for americanspeeddemon
americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nfactor1995: i don't think the difference between them is that substantial. The most powerful person he used his force stun on was someone with no training i don't think it would work on ezra

Avatar image for deactivated-5a2b0053414c5
deactivated-5a2b0053414c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ezra

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4a9a7745a28
deactivated-5a4a9a7745a28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kylo takes it rather deceisively, I'm even inclined to say it's a stomp but the Ezra fanboy in me kind of holds that back. Kylo's raw power, experience, martial prowess, ... is just way to much for Ezra to handle. The notion that Ezra, who's got only a couple of years training from Kanan, is going to pose any kind of threat to an almost fully trained descendant of Anakin Skywalker is laughable.

americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthduelist9: don't forget what Ezra learned from the holocron. Plus Ezra has an amazing learning curve and has learned more in his first few years than most learn in a decade.

Avatar image for deactivated-5aba78567e8b5
deactivated-5aba78567e8b5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't wait for them to start giving Kylo actual feats so this can stop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@americanspeeddemon: Sure, Ezra has learned and grown extremely fast but I doubt that his learning curve, which translates directly from ones connection to the Force, is going to be better than Kylo's (given the latter's massive potential).

EDIT: Now that I think about it, Witwer said that Maul sees Ezra's potential as what he could have become, that's actually extremely impressive as in Canon Maul could continue the Rule of Two and is a real apprentice to Palpatine.

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ezra has a decent change here. Kylo is lacking feats to tell me he wins.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aladdin vs Emo. Hmm, going with Emo.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ezra actually stands a chance here, having held his own w/ the Inquisitors in S2 and all that clone stomping he did in the S3 premiere. Holy ducks, I'm impressed, I want the next episode NAOW!

john_doe_0897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kylo wins via force freeze

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ezra stands a pretty decent chance actually. Tbh he's got better dueling feats, and S3 seems to have given him a boost. Kylo probably should win, but he doesn't have a lot of feats to go on

Avatar image for deactivated-60cfeed0de1b0
deactivated-60cfeed0de1b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know... Don't do fights that involve Kylo yet. He has no feats, and the only one we have is when he was injured. But even then, Ezra looks more deadly than Kylo is. His use of Niman and a tad bit of Juyo is more potent than Kylo's rough and rudimentary use of Djem So. However again, Kylo was injured during his duel with Rey(I am using feats from that duel) so maybe he can do a bit better than he did when not injured. Therefore I give the win to Ezra Bridger.

@darthduelist9 How does Kylo being a Skywalker have anything to do with this fight? Kylo has the raw Force power but not the dueling skills or experience. Please tell me how this gives the win to a nearly featless character (Kylo).

@shootingnova@jedixman@darthbane77@i_like_swords Either my response is wrong or this people need to be enlightened. Tell me which one it is

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know... Don't do fights that involve Kylo yet. He has no feats, and the only one we have is when he was injured. But even then, Ezra looks more deadly than Kylo is. His use of Niman and a tad bit of Juyo is more potent than Kylo's rough and rudimentary use of Djem So. However again, Kylo was injured during his duel with Rey(I am using feats from that duel) so maybe he can do a bit better than he did when not injured. Therefore I give the win to Ezra Bridger.

@darthduelist9 How does Kylo being a Skywalker have anything to do with this fight? Kylo has the raw Force power but not the dueling skills or experience. Please tell me how this gives the win to a nearly featless character (Kylo).

First of all how do you know both Ezra's and Kylo's lightsaber style? From what we know, Ezra most likely is using some form of Ataru (form IV) becuase we see him doing more acrobatic movements and in Shroud of Darkness Ezra tells Ahsoka that he has been studying Anakin's improved from IV. Kylo's style on the other hand is more difficult to assume, there is at this point no indication that he studied the classic forms (besides Form V since Luke uses that one), only that he adjusted his lightsaber style when adapting his iconic crossguard lightsaber.

Secondly, it's not because Ezra has more feats (that are perhaps better) that he automatically is the better fighter. Kylo Ren, being a Skywalker, has a natural affinity for the Force and by extent lightsaber combant (he's also mused by Leia to become a warrior when he was not yet born in Bloodline) while also receiving a lifetime of training and practice (StarWars.com) at the hands of Luke and Snoke, two extremely knowledgeable characters. So combine all that and you can very well make a trustworthy assumption for this thread, which is that Kylo Ren should be the better fighter, even in terms of experience (-> Lifetime of training). Even when looking at feats Kylo would come out on top, his mastery of Telephatic Intrusion, immense Telekinetic Defenses and him blocking Rey's ligthsaber strikes when extremely injured and hindered in The Force Awakens marks him as solidly the better Force user, both in terms of mastery and raw power, while him slaughtering Luke's Order (Kylo's skill with a blade is stated to be directly responsibel for this -> The Force Awakens Visual Guide) would put him above Ezra.

Geistalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthduelist9: Except those Padawans he slaughtered are ALSO featless.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geistalt: Doesn't matter, Kylo Ren was a Jedi at least until he was 24 years old so his peers should be equivalent to that, which in fact could make them Jedi Knight material. Even though they are featless, they're still trained to be Jedi and everything which comes along with it (including the warrior training), I can even go as far as to say that Luke's students were actually amongst the best there were because Luke (most likely) choose these people to be the fundation of his New Jedi Order (much how someone like Kyp Durron, who was also amongst Luke's first students, became one of the most important members of his Order).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthduelist9 I am using Kylo's ONLY combat showing we know of, therefore since his lightsaber dueling isn't so hot, but he was able to deflect Rey's blaster bolts quite easily, leading me to the conclusion that he uses Djem So. Another thing that helped me to this is that (like you said) Luke was trained in Djem So, making it all the more likely that is Kylo's lightsaber form. Anakin had substantial Force Affinity, but did that stop him from being defeated on Mustafar? Raw Power is one thing, but the training to use it is another. Luke seems to have trained his students more in the Force (THIS IS AN ASSUMPTION, DON'T HOLD IT AGAINST ME) as in the only combat showing Kylo has had thus far (again he was injured, I understand that) he was defeated by a Force user who seems to have raw power but not the training.

Kylo is an INCOMPLETE character so we will definitely get more feats for him. This is why battles including Kylo are a bad idea. But anyways I will make my case for Ezra. I admit, I did make a mistake on his lightsaber form, partially. He is using, like you said, Ataru, but I still believe he is using Juyo, even if it is small. I know this from the way he cut down the stormtroopers in the pilot. So, Ezra is a more cultured duelist than Kylo, and he has engaged more adversaries in duels (This is from what we know NOW about Kylo) than Kylo. However this does not seal the fight. Kylo's Force Choke seems to be powerful (he used it on a First Order Officer), but this is the only showing of it that we have. He Force Pushed Rey into a tree, causing her to be unconscious for a short period of time. However, Ezra has shown some resistance to these abilities. He resisted a pull from Darth Vader at his lightsaber, though Ezra might have let go, since Kanan intervened. That is the only resistance feat we have, though. Ezra has used pushes to great effect, pushing people off platforms, too. Ezra has also shown some ability at precognition, when slashing a wing off of a Tie Fighter in space. So, Kylo's Pushes and Chokes may unbalance Ezra, but they will not put him out of the fight. His strength based Djem So might also unbalance him, but Kylo Ren is not using Djem So to the degree Vader did, so Ezra won't lose his lightsaber. Ezra has dealt with opponents with more range than Kylo, but still triumphed. Therefore, I give the win to Ezra.

americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthduelist9: it's been hinted that Luke's jedi order wasn't trained as well as prequel era jedi

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#22 owie  Moderator

I think it's hard to say given Ren's relative lack of feats so far. But Ezra's control of that AT-ST, where he controlled the driver and the machine's controls--NOT just the machine itself--from a distance where he couldn't see them--was pretty impressive.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeditraining101: I've read through your comment pretty quickly because I don't have a lot of time, but I think I get your point. It's better if we waited by doing these battle threads involving Kylo until later on however if one exists I'm still going to present the best possible case for Kylo.

americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthduelist9: Well the first clue is in the attack itself. We only ever see one lightsaber which isn't constructed very well. Additionally we see that the knights of Ren aren't using lightsabers they have other weapons one has an axe, one has what looks like some type of club, and another has what looks like a baseball bat with lights on it.

No Caption Provided

Now it's interesting that these guys, without even using lightsabers managed to take down Luke's academy even more interesting is this quote.

ALBERTO SANZ: Do we know when the Academy attack happened in the timeline? 14-15 before TFA perhaps?

PABLO HIDALGO: Let's not call it a 'Jedi Academy.' But it wasn't that long ago.

This shows that Luke's "academy" wasn't like other jedi academies in the past. That plus the lack of all but one crudely constructed lightsaber leads me to believe the jedi there weren't necessarily trained for combat or at least not on the level of the jedi of the past. Not to mention the fact that Luke was training these people alone he didn't have near the facilities needed to teach so many students as well and it is implied that he traveled a lot.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@americanspeeddemon: First of all, that isn't the attack on the Jedi Temple, I have to check my sources again but I'm pretty sure that it has been confirmed.

Secondly, that it isn't called a "Jedi Academy" only indicates it's different from, like you said, Jedi Orders in the past.

americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthduelist9: If that isn't the jedi temple attack then this feat becomes even more unusable imo. We don't know how the fight went down, whether it was an ambush or a straight up fight, the ratio of KoR to jedi students, whether anyone used lightsabers, not to mention the question of how skilled everyone was. heck Snoke could have been there for all we know.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure why that feat for Kylo is always brought up, when there's really nothing about it that we know.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By HighAccuser

Kylo Ren would never fight his master...

RedTool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ezra stomps.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Ezra stomps.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ShadowPro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By ShadowPro

As of now, i would say kylo ren

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#39  Edited By laflux

Kylo Ren doesn't really use the Force in lightsaber duels, and Ezra is more skilled, faster and a better combatant by feats, and has on screen expansion on his training. I also don't think the gap in Force abilities is overwhelming.

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Rhubarb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Leaning Kylo slightly.

Avatar image for thebluedragon20
thebluedragon20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is actually a good and close fight. Their dueling skill is pretty close, but Ezra seems to be a little better than Kylo, while Kylo is definitely more powerful and physically superior, Ezra is more knowledgeable and skilled with the force.

I think i'm leaning towards Kylo slightly because of his speed, endurance, and power.

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ezra summons a space whale to send Kylo into hyperspace

Grinningf0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kylo beats the shit out of this punk

Grinningf0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

honestly may not even need his lightsaber

reaperace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 reaperace  Moderator
God-Thanatos1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kylo Ren fodderizes the fodder.

DarthAdi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kylo stomps

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ezra probably outskills him in a pure duel, but Kylo is far more powerful.

PrimelyGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

👀