The Superpowers Tournament
Make a team of three street-levelers. They each have to have their powerset focused around one of the same powers or abilities, e.g. Healing Factor, Expert Marksman, etc.
It’s time for another tournament, ladies and gentlemen! Single elimination, one-on-one debates, intrigue and mystery, the usual.
The theme for this tourney is Super Powers. Who doesn’t love super powers? Anyway, let’s get down to business.
You may choose not one, not two, but three characters. They’ll be roughly street level, the exact limits are posted below. However, your team all has to be focused around the same superpower (or skill, if you’re so inclined). Healing Factors? Superior Durability? Swordsmanship? Flight? Energy Blasts? The choice is yours. Be creative! But the power must be a defining point of the character’s powerset. Spider-Man doesn’t count as a healing factor, for example, because although he does have accelerated healing it isn’t particularly potent or the point of his character. If you can convince me a character should fit in your team, then he’s golden. But I have the final say!
- - Comics, Anime, TV, etc. are all legal, but they must have sufficient feats to debate for/against.
- - Must be “street level.”
- - Nobody with superior speed or agility to Spider-Man's.
- - Nobody with strength superior to Luke Cage's (~25 Tons).
- - Nobody with Durability greater than Master Chief w/o shields or classic Luke Cage. Basically, they can’t tank more than a few bullets. Sustained automatic fire must be able to penetrate everyone.
- - Nobody with a superior healing factor to Deadpool's.
- - Nobody with intangibility.
- - No Teledrop/Teledismemberment/Telefrag.
- - Nobody who can mimic or steal powers.
- - No TP use beyond mindreading.
- - No Mind-Messing by any means, including illusions, pheromones, vertigo, and hypnotic powers
- - No TK greater than 1 ton.
- - No Energy Projection above Cyclops.
- - Nobody with luck powers or probability manipulation.
- - Nobody with size manipulation.
- -Nobody who can create Duplicates.
- - Pre- and Post-52 feats are valid for most DC characters, unless significant changes were made.
- - No broken powers like Midnighter’s battle computer or Fantomex’s Misdirection.
- - I get the final say on who is allowed.
- - Post your team in the thread to be entered in the tournament, pending approval by me.
- - Matchups between participants will be determined by random number generator.
- - Once all of the teams have been submitted, I'll make individual threads for each debate.
- - Please stick to generally accepted debating practices and refrain from trolling. Treat your opponent with r respect and dignity. If spectators want to correct misinformation they may, but in general let the 2 people debating keep the debate to themselves. Once a debate is finished, we will call a vote and any Viner who wishes may vote for whom he/she believes would win the fight. Please vote for who made a better argument as to why their team would win, NOT who you like better or which characters you like better. This is not a popularity contest.
- - There is no Prep Time. Both teams are aware of the situation and the names of their opponents, but are given no knowledge of their opponents. If characters have prior knowledge of one another, that can be used. Characters on the same team are given knowledge of their teammates' powers and histories.
- - All characters are "in character."
- - Teamwork and team chemistry does come into play.
- - Victory is by Death, Knockout, Battle Field Removal, or Incapacitation.
- - All Characters are given Standard Gear, and may be given one non-standard item that they have used in the past, as long as it doesn’t break any rules.
- - Characters with guns have unlimited ammo unless specified otherwise.
- - Characters with bows/throwing knives have unlimited razor arrows/knives unless specified otherwise.
- - Characters still need to reload.
- - Your team MUST consist of exactly 3 characters.
- - The same character cannot be picked by multiple debaters.
- - If a debater fails to show up for an extended period of time (greater than ~ 4 days) then I will be forced to disqualify them.
@superboy91 Team Stealth
@joewell Team Elementals
- Tarrlok (Water Flask)
- Percy Jackson (Riptide, Tyson's Shield, Hermes's Sandals, Can of Nectar, 12th Legion Eagle)
- Aang (Staff, no Avatar State)
@oceanmaster21 Team Energy Projection
- Steel Serpent
- Captain Mar-Vell (Pre-Nega Bands)
@diredrill Team Chaos
- Kid Karnevil (DC Comics)
- T-girl (Jackie Chan Adventures)
- Red X (Teen Titans Cartoon)
@dredeuced Team Tech
- Madison Jeffries
- Mr Terrific (7 T-Spheres)
- TUNED Alita
@sherlock Team Swordsman
- Kirito (Black cost dual swords, throwing darts, Holy Sword Excalibur)
- Asuna (Her rapier and blood oath light armor)
- Link (All his gear from skyward sword, mirror shield)
@cadencev2 Team Sharpshooter
- Roland Gilead (Stephen King, Marvel)
- Liara T'soni (Mass Effect, Dark Horse)
- Ultimate Hawkeye (Ultimate Marvel)
@laflux Kung Fu Healers
- Ultimate Cap
@myrmidonhero Team Martial Artists
- Ryu (Street Fighter)
- Richard Dragon
@sovereign91001 Team Spiders
- Spider-Girl (Mayday)
- Scarlet Spider (Kaine)
@dextersinister Team McCool Swords
@strider92 Team Healing Psychos
- Luther Strode
- The Librarian
@floopay Team Abyssal Terrors
- The Creeper (DC)
- Hellboy (Dark Horse)
- Jeggred Baenre (War of the Spider Queen)
@juiceboks Team Ninjas
- Storm Shadow
- Shikamaru Nara (chunin)
- Strider Hiryu
@18hunt Team Hunt & Kill
- Ultimate Green Goblin
@the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk Team Blood Control
- 1:Hitara (Deadman Wonderland)
- 2:Azami (Deadman Wonderland)
- 3.Toto; Hagire - possessed (Deadman Wonderland)