Elektra vs Malcolm Merlyn

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

This is Elektra from Marvel comics vs Malcolm Merlyn from Arrow. Standard gear, morals on, and the fight is to the death. Fight takes place in an abandoned warehouse and they start 25 yards apart. Who wins and why?

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Comic Elektra? I'm not an expert on her, but I feel like this is one of those times when the general "comics>live action" applies. I thought this was movie Elektra when I saw the title.

44orhsaJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By 44orhsaJ

Elektra. Not a fair fight IMO.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think CWverse street levelers is up to par with comic street levelers.

nonokranendonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By nonokranendonk

Comic Elektra? I'm not an expert on her, but I feel like this is one of those times when the general "comics>live action" applies. I thought this was movie Elektra when I saw the title.

You'd be right.

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'd back Elektra on speed alone, but some CW characters can stand up to other mainstream characters.

Like, I'm 100% sure that CW Oliver would beat Comicbook Oliver

MarlboroMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Comic Elektra can solo the entire show cast effortlessly

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Comic Elektra can solo the entire show cast effortlessly

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Elektra blitzes.

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By nfactor1995
renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nfactor1995: Not really up to snuff on Elektra. I do think that Daredevil is on Ra's tier, and Elektra is pretty close to Daredevil while Malcolm is at least a couple steps below Ra's, so there's that.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Elektra, a great deal faster, more skilled, and she has no problem burying a sai in his heart.

Avatar image for emperorxhadesx420
EmperorxHadesx420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Smh.The hate is real.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Elektra, a great deal faster, more skilled, and she has no problem burying a sai in his heart.

Malcolm is a great deal stronger, smarter and more experienced, and also has no problem burying an arrow in her heart.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: you don't think comic book daredevil or comic book elektra is on cw Ra's level? Oh please do tell why you think that?.. This isn't a fair fight at all and comic malcom wouldn't beat elektra either...

Elektra has tp, tk, silent scream, move prediction and not to mention much more skilled than anyone on the arrow show ..

44orhsaJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Smh.The hate is real.

If you mean the hate towards Arrow for saying he can't keep up with elektra show me one feat in the entire arrowverse (discounting speedsters) that compares to elektra deflecting machine gunfire with her sais:

No Caption Provided

Bullet timing feats in arrow are rare, and while I do believe Oliver has one he clearly isn't a casual bullet timer. The closest thing anyone in arrow has to a reflex feat like this is vandal savage who was holding his own against flash, team arrow, and the hawks all at the same time. I see no reason Malcom should win here.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newecho said:

@nickzambuto: you don't think comic book daredevil or comic book elektra is on cw Ra's level? Oh please do tell why you think that?.. This isn't a fair fight at all and comic malcom wouldn't beat elektra either...

Elektra has tp, tk, silent scream, move prediction and not to mention much more skilled than anyone on the arrow show ..

Read better.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: they are both leagues above Ra's,, however I did think you said they weren't on his level at all and apologize for mis reading...

Amnesiak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Elektra

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#20 owie  Moderator

Comic Elektra for reasons.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By slimj87d

@nickzambuto: you want to prove that Malcom is more stronger, smarter and experienced than her?

She can brake chains with on arm and lift men like dolls.

http://i.imgur.com/4CM5VKG.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/4CM5VKG.jpg

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Comic Electra could take out Ra's Al ghul, Ollie,Sarah,diggle,thea,Roy,nyssa,merlyn all at once and not break a sweat

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By renamed040924

@slimj87d: Oliver broke chains the exact same way recently, but unlike with Elektra, it wasn't a big dramatic moment. He just did it in an instant as soon as he felt like it with no problem. And Malcolm is stronger than Oliver, during their first fight he threw a kick with his injured leg, Oliver ducked, and Malcolm's foot left a big dent in the nearby metal column. In the same fight he karate chopped Oliver's bow in half through the metal enclosure, and he's one of only two people to ever knock Oliver out through sheer blunt force. The second person? Deathstroke. I doubt Elektra has ever even fought another skilled peak human who is as durable as Oliver, let alone successfully knocked them out.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By slimj87d

@nickzambuto: are you writing that up like you are aware of elektra feats or you're just posting how you feel about her?

Rather than posting Malcolm's feats, I was expecting you to post limitations that elektra has shown that Malcolm has not. That's how your post sounded.

I'm not a expert on her, but I've seen her punched holes through men's chest and rag dolled men similar to mirakuru DS.

EmperorxHadesx420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

44orhsaJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@44orhsaj: Who said anything about Arrow?

I don't see why you would make the comment you did unless it was in reference to Malcom. Everyone voted for elektra except one person who said he didn't know what elektra could do. If you weren't referencing Malcom than your comment is out of place.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@44orhsaj said:
@emperorxhadesx420 said:

@44orhsaj: Who said anything about Arrow?

I don't see why you would make the comment you did unless it was in reference to Malcom. Everyone voted for elektra except one person who said he didn't know what elektra could do. If you weren't referencing Malcom than your comment is out of place.

He's probably talking about this being a spite against Malcolm and hence the hate. I could be completely wrong though.

44orhsaJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: I see. I guess that makes sense.

Avatar image for darkroseironavenger
DarkRoseIronAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Comic elektra vs cw merlyin....

Speed : Elektra

Strength: Debateable.

Strategic abilities: merlyin (I'm not counting elktras abilities in this, just strategic capabilites)

Powers: Elektra

Expiernce : Elektra

Endurance: Elektra

Durability : Merlyin

Stamina: Debateable

Elektra in a landslide.

EmperorxHadesx420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: You sir,are a smart one.

How did you become so clever?:)

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for justicethorpsylocke
justicethorpsylocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Elektra curbs

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d: I don't understand what you mean, I was responding to what you mentioned for Elektra, and just topping it with what Malcolm has done.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only legit bullet timer in the CW verse that I've seen that isn't a speedster is Savage.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: you claimed that Malcolm is stronger than her, I'm asking you for proof. What feats has she failed to perform that Malcolm hasn't? Do you have a example of hers that showing some strength limitations that Malcolm doesn't have? Has she for example failed to lift an X amount of weight, where Malcolm has clearly shown to be able to lift.

What proves that Malcolm has the strength advantage? I've seen Elektra rag doll men around like Mirakuru DS and punch holes through their chest. So I'd like to know why Malcolm is stronger than Elektra.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d: That's some backwards logic. Instead of Malcolm just being more impressive and consistent, I have to find an instance of the two characters attempting the exact same thing, but Elektra failing and Malcolm succeeding? That would just be a pretty big coincidence. Why don't you show me Malcolm failing to deflect machine gun fire? 'cause if you can't, there's no proof Malcolm is any slower.

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As much as I love Merlyn, if Elektra's fast enough to deflect Machine Gun Fire she's got this locked down.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By slimj87d

@nickzambuto: I'm not the one that claimed he's stronger than Elektra, and I'm not arguing for her, I'm asking for you to clarify your reasoning. What proof do you have that he is stronger than her? So far, none.

Don't come here and tell other people that he's stronger than her and you have no way of proving it. Jashro said she's faster than him, and showed her deflecting machine gun fire. That works because Malcolm has done nothing remotely close, absolutely nothing at all. All you said was he overpowered Oliver, listed some feats for Oliver. But Elektra has consistent feats Oliver and Malcolm haven't shown, she has strength feats in line or even better, which makes your claims questionable at best.@vance_astro can list probably 100s of them.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lmao

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Elektra should win.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By renamed040924

@slimj87d said:

@nickzambuto: I'm not the one that claimed he's stronger than Elektra, and I'm not arguing for her, I'm asking for you to clarify your reasoning. What proof do you have that he is stronger than her? So far, none.

Don't come here and tell other people that he's stronger than her and you have no way of proving it. Jashro said she's faster than him, and showed her deflecting machine gun fire. That works because Malcolm has done nothing remotely close, absolutely nothing at all. All you said was he overpowered Oliver, listed some feats for Oliver. But Elektra has consistent feats Oliver and Malcolm haven't shown, she has strength feats in line or even better, which makes your claims questionable at best.@vance_astro can list probably 100s of them.

The proof is his better feats. I don't understand the difference between my logic and your logic. You say Elektra is faster because she deflected machine gun fire that one time, and true Malcolm has never done anything like that before which is why I agreed he's slower, but when Merlyn is consistently on a level where he can break metal through sheer strength, I just somehow doubt that Elektra can be as strong as him when not even Daredevil is.

I'm sure that vance astro can name hundreds of feats, but you should know that quality comes over quantity. Like I said above, I'm not an expert on Elektra, but I have read a bit on her, yet the only really notable strength and speed feats that I've ever seen, is that one scan of her blocking gunfire, and then the scan you just posted of her breaking a chain. Awesome feats, but I'm left wondering if she's consistent. As in, if she's actually at that level or if its just one or two writers who put her there.

You want Malcolm's strength feats? I can literally list every single one of them right now. It's not a whole ton because, contrary to what most might think, Malcolm doesn't actually have a whole ton of fights or screentime. But what he DOES have over Elektra is consistency.

1. Denting metal support beam with a missed kick from an injured leg
  2. Breaking Arrow's bow in half with a strike, straight through the metal enclosure
  3. Successfully knocking Arrow out when many superhumans (Solomon Grundy, The Flash, ATOM) have not been able to do the same.
  4. Can throw arrows with lethal force
  5. The only character who can block Mirakuru soldier strikes, and can also stunt Mirakuru users with his strikes
  6. Beat Brick down to his hands and knees in a matter of seconds

So that's two feats of breaking metal directly, and two feats against superhumans who are as strong or much stronger than metal, and then a couple miscellaneous that I don't think Elektra could replicate.

Oliver and Ra's are on the metal breaking tier as well, which, if you ask me, is the very tippety top of what a peak human can be capable of. Meanwhile Diggle is probably the strongest human in the show. So you showed me Elektra breaking chains with extreme difficulty; that's terrific, but is she consistently on that level? Because I know Daredevil's not, and I know Bullseye's not, so I hope you'll understand my asking questions and asking for assurance on this, because I just really doubt Elektra is as strong as Malcolm Merlyn is.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By slimj87d

@nickzambuto: You made a claim like you could prove it, but you're saying you're not a Elektra expert. neither am I. I've seen her perform feats like busting and caving in metal doors, throwing her sais with enough force into a guys gun that it literally tore his hand off, lifting men up with one hand, climbing up ladders while holding a man, ripping out of a strait jacket, and ripping chains off with one one arm. I don't know if that's normal showings for her, but it's pretty much in-line with what Malcolm has done if it is normal showings for her.

http://www.comicvine.com/elektra/4005-1802/forums/elektra-respect-thread-1598415/

https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthreads/comments/2p7f0j/respect_elektra_natchios/

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-502532-respect-elektra.html

44orhsaJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: Since you want other speed feats besides the scan of her deflecting machine gun fire here:

Being stated to be faster than taskmaster, stealing punishers gun before he reacts, deflecting a bullet with her fist, deflecting a bullet with her sai against black widow, catches a knife from punisher and out races to a bag so quickly she has to toss it to him, Punisher throws a wooden sword at her and she runs on top of it without it hitting the ground. The last 2 scans are her ripping someones heart out since you want a strength feat.

Also another strength feat if you want but she broke a bunch of cinder blocks with one strike, and also a scan of her ripping a guys heart out by tossing her sai into him (just to give you some consistency with the other feat of ripping a heart out):

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

If Malcom is stronger I can't imagine it being significant. Elektras speed advantage is pretty huge though. She's strong enough to rip chains, break cinder blocks and rip peoples hearts out. Strength shouldn't even be relevant here since Elektra uses sais anyways. Do you at least agree she wins based on this?

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@44orhsaj: Yes I do. Couldn't really say anything if I tried.

dami24434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol. classic cw waaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnkkkkkk.

*elektra is strong enough to jump from top of skyscrapers and land on her feets.

*karate chop hulkbuster armor.

*punch through people and the concretes behind victims.

*punch through sumo wrestling guy and pulling out his heart.

*slamming a class 10 tonner bloody lips underwater with enough force to shatter rocks on impact.

*snap swords in two with casual hand flex.

how could anyone say malcomm is stronger? 616 elektra is physically far stronger than even mirakuru slade.

I think no one here Will argue about durability , speed and skill too. so merlyn have no edge against elektra in any areas.

Ta-er_al_Asfar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Ta-er_al_Asfar

lol. classic cw waaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnkkkkkk.

*elektra is strong enough to jump from top of skyscrapers and land on her feets.

*karate chop hulkbuster armor.

*punch through people and the concretes behind victims.

*punch through sumo wrestling guy and pulling out his heart.

*slamming a class 10 tonner bloody lips underwater with enough force to shatter rocks on impact.

*snap swords in two with casual hand flex.

how could anyone say malcomm is stronger? 616 elektra is physically far stronger than even mirakuru slade.

I think no one here Will argue about durability , speed and skill too. so merlyn have no edge against elektra in any areas.

Hmm where to start

Mirakuru soldiers have more strength durability and speed feats than elektra or anyone else in defenders

mirks break down bomb proof steel, reinforced titanium, and takes bombs and bullets to the chest, outrun cars,and snatch arrows out the sky

And Malcolm kills them

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Reflex skills of the magician? dodging arrows catching arrows and hitting three different limbs tih three different arrows at the same time

coming up with a plan to stop black flash

No Caption Provided

defeating arrow in hand to hand when arrow defeats people who can kill with pressure points

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 anthp2000  Moderator

Elektra while blindfolded, tied on a chair and dead.

Ta-er_al_Asfar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

too bad you cant prove it

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 anthp2000  Moderator

@anthp2000 said:

ikr

CW Arrow solos.

Ta-er_al_Asfar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ta-er_al_asfar said:
@anthp2000 said:

ikr

CW Arrow solos.

Well seeing as how everytime I post scans mcu fanboys leave the thread. Then yes CW arrow solos