PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#152  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@PrinceAragorn1 said:

What's a "below human girl" ? And reason for the seeing thing is, he in not random joe, he is SUPERMAN. What do you expect really?

Bella is talking about how omg they are, but that doesn't change what they are, whether omg or not.

James, had already taken on powerful vampire families already, it was his hobby. "He is absolutely lethal, unparalleled senses blah blah" by whateverhisname, victoria's friend. If you found your most precious object about to be destroyed, wouldn't you be stunned, at least a little? And the blur speed doesn't work against someone who is as fast as he is, if not faster, which is not a problem here..

One more: when bella's hand is cut, carlisle moves so fast that he entirely vanishes. And edward is in-arguably faster than he is.

In the victoria scene, he was more concerned about protecting bella, who was object of the fight. And, victoria was an extremely good fighter, escaping was not her power, it was just.. an instinct or whatever.

Also, he was beaten, by the strongest tracker in twilight verse, again was trying to protect bella. (sigh)

Also, whistler and the girl were able to keep up with the vampires, not on par, but still could see. And those vampires can be shot etc.. If whistler went against sparklepires, he would die before he knew it.. Of course there is a difference between bella and whistler, but both are about the same level, human. Nothing more.

One more, you are wrong, healing factor is clearly in nomak's favour. Edward was only shown to heal in the movie, and not from a damage very large.

Most imp thing here: Are you just arguing for fun? or do you seriously believe nomak can win?

Bella often times states how she is weak and has not really physically redeeming qualities. Cullen remarks she has trouble with simply walking. That is below human.

It does change it. Because if there person talking is Bias, the description is bias. Thus often exaggerated or played down.

Where is this stated? Also, if this is true about James, how did he lose to Edward that admits in Book three he knows nothing about fighting Vampires and needs to be trained? So, if that is the case, that speaks very poorly of not only James but those powerful vampire families.

I didn't see this. Also, Running and fighting are always different. Edward is faster but still got threw around during their training that by the man you say he is in-arguably faster than. So, how is that possible?

Whister is a vampire hunter. He has enhanced human scenes. So does his daughter. Those vampire where shot will bullets made from something that they are weak against. That's like shooting superman with a krptonite bullet. Marvel Vampires walk through lines of full-auto gun fire. Also, No twilight vamp has been shot. Thus, no one knows it's effect on them. Rather, what I mean to say is, how much it slows them down. Rather or not it causes them pain. I'm sure it wouldn't kill them, but who does it effect their bodies and how long before they heal.

I'm being serious.

Being weak and not physically redeeming (and an idiot, a horribly played character for the matter) doesn't mean she is "below human". She is extremely clumsy, not that she has decreased senses. Bella's description generally matches with mayer's.. she isn't exaggerating. If she can't see something, she can't, no bias about it.

James had a hobby of hunting down well-protected members of family. Edward says that "a family as strong as theirs will be exciting for him." About edward, you are getting one thing wrong. Edward admitted not having fought new borns, which has a specific technique to make it easy. Otherwise he is ok enough fighter. And carlisle was teaching him at the time, in an actual fight, I don't think he would be on par with edward/Jasper/Emmet being the "Gentle leader" and all, but he should be good enough if he managed to leave vulturi.

And about edward. What was the last time he fought without having to protect bella, the essence of the whole book? And, when bella was a vampire, wouldn't he say that he will take felix himself (Felix's mine, snarl)?

Enhanced senses of a hunter don't make his skills burst through the roof suddenly. I admit bella is too.. you know.. to compare with him, but someone like charlie, a good police officer should be near him. Near. Not as good.

Marvel vampires were hurt by the gun fire, though they regenerate well. It was stated in twilight only sparklepire teeth were strong enough to tear the skin. Even x-ray didn't work on bella lol

If you look at the paper cut scene anyway, there is no way a human is shooting sparklepire. Really no chance. In the hospital scene in the first movie however, both the docs could see him moving well, no blade for perspective problem.

Again, sparklepire>>Marvel vampire.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#153  Edited By Outside_85

@White Mage: @never give up: For the benifit for people like you to demonstrate what level Nomak is on, since someone posted a vid of Cullen squeezing someone's head off.

Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By Picard

@White Mage said:

@Picard said:

@White Mage said:

He's in the Volturi for a reason. If nothing else, the Twilight official guide explains this. Felix can think several steps ahead of the people he battles, and he doesn't lose as a result. He's also physically around (or above) the same level as Emmett Cullen, who is one of the strongest brutes in the Twilight universe.

Your argument is that Felix's brute strength and power is irrelevant, because he slammed Edward into the ground, and left what you consider to be a small crack in the floor?..........The strength of the individual involved ABSOLUTELY matters, and I don't take seriously the fact that you are trying to say otherwise. That slam did NOT decapitate Edward, it did NOT keep him down longer than a second or two, and it was delivered by the strongest vampire the volturi have ever seen...and left the equivalent of a human flesh cut on Edward's face... Speaking of flesh cuts, Nomak's durability is horrible.

Why are you mentioning the van scene for Edward's top movement speed, while also mentioning the fact that he fought Felix (which happened in superhuman speed)? Also, you mention the car scene as if Edward stopped it with even a fraction of his total strength........he stopped it with his hand, and didn't budge.

Meanwhile, Blade vampires are slow enough to where human fighters can kill them, which is nowhere near Twilight's league. They can get mortally wounded from swords, which is not in Twilight's league.

.............................Did the thread creator ever establish which version of Edward this is?

No, it dosen't metter all that much for the following reasons, 1) only because someone is strong dosen't mean that he will use his full strength in every fight. For exemple there is plenty of instances when Superman punched Batman, dose it mean that Batman really can take punches from class 100 character even though he is only peak human ? Of course not! That just mean that Clarke was holding back. The same goes for Spider-man - when he really want to he can lift weight of 40 tones, so why he don't kill people like Daredevil and Captain America with his punches? Because he don't want to do this... 2) I asked you to show me some feats of this guy who beat Cullen, and all you have to say is well, he is member of Volturi... well, official guide - again not a book or a movie! - say that... So, what you want to say is: he have no feats. Thank you, this is all I want to know. And Nomak still made more demage that this guy who just cracked a floor a little- he have more than enough strenght to put Cullen down . I'm not saing that Cullen don't have superspeed, it's obvious that he have it, all I'm saying is that 1) combat speed and running speed is two completely different things, 2) blurred speed tell you only one thing: he is faster than humans, that's it, you don't really know how fast they are. Some vampires in Blade - including Nomak - were moving in faster than humans, they were moving at faster CGI pace, some of them like Frost dodged bullets, some of them like Blade - who were on even field with Nomak - we're keeping pace with speeding car, so what make you think that Cullen is really faster than Nomak? Why I'm talking about van? Because are exaggerating! Yes, Cullen is probably a tad bit stronger than Nomak but they are not in different strength class. All I'm saying is that van have : 1) turned off engine, 2) it was turning, 3) it was breaking - all that's mean that this feat is not nearly as impressive as you think because van was already losing speed. If you show me Cullen doing something like this, this then this would be a whole different story: :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kA0tg8hudw

But as it stands:

Nomak wins :)

PS. Birthday of Vram Stoker, creator of "real", not sparkly vampire: Dracula, and that it is relly more interesting that this whole discussion :)

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Picard:

No, it dosen't metter all that much for the following reasons, 1) only because someone is strong dosen't mean that he will use his full strength in every fight. For exemple there is plenty of instances when Superman punched Batman, dose it mean that Batman really can take punches from class 100 character even though he is only peak human ? Of course not! That just mean that Clarke was holding back. The same goes for Spider-man - when he really want to he can lift weight of 40 tones, so why he don't kill people like Daredevil and Captain America with his punches? Because he don't want to do this...

Who is this argument for? Who's holding back?

Thank you, this is all I want to know. And Nomak still made more demage that this guy who just cracked a floor a little- he have more than enough strenght to put Cullen down

Edward has made more damage than Blade, who gave Nomak all kinds of issues...

1) combat speed and running speed is two completely different things

Twilight vampires can, and do, fight just as fast as they move, and this has been shown in the books, as well as the movies. Especially in Breaking Dawn Pt. 2

2 things explain their slower movements

1. They learned to be "normal" so that they look more human

2. The directors would actually like for US to know what is happening...............again, Twilight vampires were deliberately made to be more powerful than vampires Stephanie Meyer had seen before, so it makes sense that their speed gets slowed down on camera.

In Blade, characters who were faster than others were shown to be faster than others. Vampire...or human. For instance, when Blade really pretty much lost against Frost, Frost's superior speed outclassed Blade's movements. If anything, this argument of "movement speed is different compared to combat speed" applies to Nomak, because his speed was consistently on par with Blade's...and Blade is not a poster child for speed fighting...not by a long shot.

And it's "Bram". "Bram Stoker".................and I have no problem saying that part of me likes Twilight's version of vampires more....Dracula was sprung as well.

Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By Picard

@White Mage said:

Who is this argument for? Who's holding back?

Thank you, this is all I want to know. And Nomak still made more demage that this guy who just cracked a floor a little- he have more than enough strenght to put Cullen down

Edward has made more damage than Blade, who gave Nomak all kinds of issues...

Twilight vampires can, and do, fight just as fast as they move, and this has been shown in the books, as well as the movies. Especially in Breaking Dawn Pt. 2

2 things explain their slower movements

1. They learned to be "normal" so that they look more human

2. The directors would actually like for US to know what is happening...............again, Twilight vampires were deliberately made to be more powerful than vampires Stephanie Meyer had seen before, so it makes sense that their speed gets slowed down on camera.

In Blade, characters who were faster than others were shown to be faster than others. Vampire...or human. For instance, when Blade really pretty much lost against Frost, Frost's superior speed outclassed Blade's movements. If anything, this argument of "movement speed is different compared to combat speed" applies to Nomak, because his speed was consistently on par with Blade's...and Blade is not a poster child for speed fighting...not by a long shot.

And it's "Bram". "Bram Stoker".................and I have no problem saying that part of me likes Twilight's version of vampires more....Dracula was sprung as well.

Holding back... guy who defeated Cullen could hold back. Even if he didn't he still didn't do anything that impressive compered to things that Nomak did to Blade - again all this Volturi guy did was to slam Cullen into the floor and make small cracks in the floor when he did that. And you still didn't gave any feats of strength for this guy, which is not even that important considering that Nomak can deal more damage than this Volturi guy . Again compare both fights: Cullen was slammed against the floor and small cracks were made in the floor - that all it takes to defeat Eddy. Now during his fight with Blade, Nomak was throwing Daywalker around with enough force to shatter part of concrete pillars, put holes in concrete and put big dents in thick steel door. What is more impressive? Of course things that Nomak did, so he have more that enough strenght to put Cullen down. Speed. Only one movie clip you showed is a fight, other is not, and none of them showed Eddy.Fight you showed: not that faster than Blade fights. And you see your argument is double edged sword: guys who directed Blade trilogy deliberately slowed down fights for our benefit. :) But they showed us that Blade can keep up with speeding car, and that Frost even before he become the blood god could dodge bullets. So only thing that you proven is that after his upgrade Frost was significantly faster than the guy who can keep pace with speeding cars, you proven that Forst who could dodge bullets before he become vampire god, become even faster than before. Show me when Cullen was dodge bullets? And sparkly pricks are not vampires at all, Bram Stoker showed us how vampires should look like. :)

ghost_rider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By ghost_rider1
@Bossmonster

None of thosevampire hunters were enhance. They was just normal humans in peak level physical ability...that's all. How u think Nomak can match a twilight vampire speed is just silly. There fighting speed also is much faster than nomak. Edward might not be moving as fast to him as he was to bella. But he is in no way able to match that speed or react to him. And saying he can see edward moving fast is just being generous. Because I highly doubt he could if "normal humans" could keep up and single-handedly beat vampires from blade.
WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Picard said:

. Again compare both fights: Cullen was slammed against the floor and small cracks were made in the floor - that all it takes to defeat Eddy. Now during his fight with Blade, Nomak was throwing Daywalker around with enough force to shatter part of concrete pillars, put holes in concrete and put big dents in thick steel door. What is more impressive?

Edward uprooting a tree with one hand and no strain does kinda make me pause.

Speed. Only one movie clip you showed is a fight, other is not, and none of them showed Eddy.Fight you showed:

You've seen a speed fight....with Felix. What I showed you was a prime example of how Twilight vampires can really move, vs. what they allow themselves to do in order to blend in. Bella's movements were INSTANT. Edward is the exact same, as is every other vampire in the Twilight universe. In the fight with Felix, do you believe that they really moved in slow motion?

not that faster than Blade fights.

You're going to have a hard time effectively proving this

And you see your argument is double edged sword

Unfortunately it isn't

guys who directed Blade trilogy deliberately slowed down fights for our benefit.

this is simply not true. Abigail Whistler fought the exact same men as Blade, and held her ground. Are you saying that Blade's enemies were fast enough to keep up with his speed blitzing, but magically slowed down against Abigail so that she'd have a fair fight? Abigail Whistler is a human. Abigail Whistler watched Blade and Drake fighting, and was still attempting to get a good shot at Drake, because even though they were both fighting quickly, they were nowhere near moving too fast that an advanced human martial artist couldn't keep up. Blade fought Drake with the exact same speed that he used to fight Nomak, and, in the latter's case, gave him several devastating blows that did weaken him, because of his "sickness", and also his fleshy body.

But they showed us that Blade can keep up with speeding car, and that Frost even before he become the blood god could dodge bullets.

What speeding car are you referring to? Also, I'm not denying that Blade's vampires are fast, nor am I denying their skill with having good reaction times. However, I have yet to see anything that shows that their top speeds match Twilight. I'm tempted to say that they'd fit into the Buffyverse league before they fit into Twilight's.

Show me when Cullen was dodge bullets?

No one in Twilight shot at him, so I can't. I can however show you that all Twilight vampires have the ability to delay their perception to the point where they can see and sense any and everything around them even while moving at speeds that easily go over 100 miles an hour, while also having vision that is capable of seeing hair grow by millimeters, thus, making it more than likely that they could replicate the same exact feat with little to no problem. But, bullets bounce off of the bodies of those who don't dodge bullets for whatever reason (probably vanity before the slaughter).

And sparkly pricks are not vampires at all

Let's see: They drink blood to maintain their health, have superhuman abilities, live forever unless destroyed, and can sire other people into their race...uhm...yeah, unfortunately, they do qualify, despite your totally biased opinions of what a vampire should be

Bram Stoker showed us how vampires should look like. :)

Dracula's entire appeal was his emo/gothic nature, while also being lovesick over a chick he could not have, so do not start with me

john_doe_0897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think we don't see the vamps in blade moving like blurs because they can all see each other so there's no point, but humans may perceive them as really fast. I think Nomak has the reaction speed to take this and the skills to boot

TheSuperHuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, I hate to say this, but I have to side with E----- Ed---- Edwa-- Edward. Damn. Took me longer to type all that than to type his name without those dashes. Though Nomak was almost equal to Blade, and I know for certain Blade would destroy Edward, Nomak simply has no response to Edward's telepathy (nor does Blade, but I don't care). He may be stronger and faster, but Edward lacks fighting skills to be on par with Nomak, who went blow for blow with Blade, a naturally skilled Vampire Slayer.

Avatar image for serpinethegreen
serpinethegreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thesuperhuman:

Edward has passive telepathy.....he can't control minds.

john_doe_0897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Nomak can't react to the speed he loses. But I'm thinking he can react since they are bullet timers

john_doe_0897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By john_doe_0897

Bump

john_doe_0897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By john_doe_0897

@dirtyhippy: I just want your quotes for speed because I've seen Edward and all the Twilight Vamps clocked at over 500 mph on this site from fan calcs. Speed is such a weird and tricky thing because while they move like 'blurs' or whatever, Jacob says they are faster than motorcycles, the wolves that is and they have to be just as fast as the vampires because they hunt and run them down and fight them

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#166  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

@dirtyhippy: If we are counting book feats Edward is closer to 500-800 MPH.

john_doe_0897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde: this is what I mean. And that means the wolves would be that fast too because they keep u with and run down the vamps. Jacob said that being a wolf was great because of the speed and they were faster than motorcycles but I don't think he meant they were 500-800mph fast. I wonder if it's just the author not caring about the speed representation or what do you think it is

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 Lunacyde  Moderator

@john_doe_0897: Probably combination of the writer not caring about consistency and the fact Edward was clearly stated to be the fastest vampire.

OverLordArthas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only cool Edwards in my book are the alchemist and the one from Bebop. ;p

Edward Sparkly VS X

X WINS!

#Bias

john_doe_0897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde: years but not hundreds of miles faster lol. He's like Usain Bolt of the group. He's not leagues ahead like hundreds of miles though. But you're probably right. The author probably never had exact numbers in mind. Because especially taking into account the wolves are just as fast

Observer_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where would people rank the werewolves from Twilight in comparison to Nomak? Because far more werewolves have defeated vampires than vice versa and Edward himself couldn't take one down when they were trying to invade the Cullen home. Actually thinking about it, I don't think Edward has ever defeated any opponents on his own. He always needed help.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 Lunacyde  Moderator

@dirtyhippy: I explained this in another thread, but I can't seem to find it. The short version is IIRC there is a scene in a meadow where Edward circles it in a half second, fast enough that Bella can't even detect him. Assuming that this is a very small meadow, only 25x25 meters lets say....that is 100 meters in half a second...which is 200 meters in a second.....which = nearly 500 MPH.

john_doe_0897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By john_doe_0897

@lunacyde said:

@dirtyhippy: I explained this in another thread, but I can't seem to find it. The short version is IIRC there is a scene in a meadow where Edward circles it in a half second, fast enough that Bella can't even detect him. Assuming that this is a very small meadow, only 25x25 meters lets say....that is 100 meters in half a second...which is 200 meters in a second.....which = nearly 500 MPH.

Yeah this was part of it. And another with the Bella sprint thing. But the wolves would have to be that fast and I don't think they are, so I think the author doesn't have the context of speed in mind and just lets things happen to get across that they are fast

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

@dirtyhippy:

I don't think you could even classify something a meadow if it was 10 by 10... Do you realize how small that really is?

Look up pictures of Meadows, they are larger than 10x10 meters

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 Lunacyde  Moderator
KALADAR007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers