/thread

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#152  Edited By progenitorigin

Manhattan is just too powerful.  As mighty as Supes is, he could simply blink him out of existence.
crabtree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#153  Edited By crabtree

Dr. Manhattan wins

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#154  Edited By MrDirector786

Manhattan wins....

Avatar image for thejuggernautpunch
TheJuggernautpunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MrDirector786 said:
" Manhattan wins.... "
How exactly he would win ?
xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By xan84

All this creap abot M using mater manipulation on Sups and working because it works on normal humans is just that ... CREAP. its like me saying Sups can punch TOAA's head off (god) just because he can do the same to humans ... 

People realy need to understant no proof of M doing this to people with Superman level of durability = HE CAN'T DO IT. Aunt may does not have the power cosmic just because she never showed to don't have it ... (ignoring that aunt may herald of galactus thing lol). 

This ends up in a draw as some others have said.
hdorman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#157  Edited By hdorman1

id say Manhattan  
it doesn't matter how durable you are 
atomic bonds are atomic bonds 
and if can dissipate them, he wins 

xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By xan84

hdorman1

of course durability is very important. Do you think M could do that to juggernauth ? Superman not only does he have a very dense molecular structure but also something like a personal shield around his body. Not only that but Sups also has a very good healing factor, Superman has a good chanse of healing any damage this guy can do to him. M was unable to cure CANCER ffs so his control over whatever is not that good ... Someone has matter manipulation but is unable to cure cancer i realy don't see him damaging Superman. This is the point we don't know how much control this guy has over matter because his bets feats are blowing up humans and tanks and him unable to heal cancer.

Finaly real life science =/= comics.

hdorman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By hdorman1
@Xan: he never attempted to cure cancer 
healing factors matters squat if your atoms have dissipated, your just lots of CO2 and Oxygen etc.. floating around or in neat piles 
dense molecular structure doesnt matter, still has to use var de whalls, hyrogen bonding etc.., the same forces that all molecules are bonded by, so he can be dissipated 
juggernaut is made of magic, which is out outside of science, so he doesnt apply here 
supes bio electric field, which grants him a good deal of his durability, could be easily disrupted with someone who has great knowledge of nuclear physics and the human anatomy(kryptonians share this with us to an extent). 
Surge2477

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By Surge2477
@progenitor said:
"Manhattan is just too powerful.  As mighty as Supes is, he could simply blink him out of existence. "

Do you mean to make it so he never existed or just blow him up? Manhattan isn't a reality warper.
xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By xan84

he never attempted to cure cancer      

Lol why ? he whanted his loved one die ? So you whant me to belive he can ?!?! 

healing factors matters squat if your atoms have dissipated, your just lots of CO2 and Oxygen etc.. floating around or in neat piles 

Depends on how much you take apart if he is only able to destroy small parts of his body at a time his HF could heal those up. oh and how about Logan, he got all his flesh+skin burned off and got it all that back a little time after lol. So LOGAN (no magic here) is able to create MATTER out of nothing (there goes science) to regrow his body mass back.

dense molecular structure doesnt matter, still has to use var de whalls, hyrogen bonding etc.., the same forces that all molecules are bonded by, so he can be dissipated 

i would belive that this would be way harder to do then to a normal humans. Also as i sugested above Hulk, Logan can create matter back from nothing and healing from nothing (well close to).

juggernaut is made of magic, which is out outside of science, so he doesnt apply here 

True enough. But in comics there where others non-magical guys that could resist mater manipulation. 

supes bio electric field, which grants him a good deal of his durability, could be easily disrupted with someone who has great knowledge of nuclear physics and the human anatomy(kryptonians share this with us to an extent). 

I can't agree to this at all. A guy that can't find a cure for cancer is going to become a master biologist in Kryptonian and somehow find out how his force field works in the middle of the battle ? Neah no diece here. You can't even apply real science to Superman ... hell how exacly would you explain him flaying ? Going FTL and not needing infinite energy to do it (a object going ftl would  need infinite energy, real life science). Going faster then FTL and not going back in time ? Holding a black hole in his hand when a singularity has INFINITE gravity and nothing, not even light can escape it ? So superman somehow has infinite durability ? Again lots of things that you can't explain with real life science.  

No feats = he can't do it.

Surge2477

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By Surge2477
@hdorman1 said:
"@Xan: he never attempted to cure cancer healing factors matters squat if your atoms have dissipated, your just lots of CO2 and Oxygen etc.. floating around or in neat piles dense molecular structure doesnt matter, still has to use var de whalls, hyrogen bonding etc.., the same forces that all molecules are bonded by, so he can be dissipated juggernaut is made of magic, which is out outside of science, so he doesnt apply here supes bio electric field, which grants him a good deal of his durability, could be easily disrupted with someone who has great knowledge of nuclear physics and the human anatomy(kryptonians share this with us to an extent).  "

durability does matter.  blowing up a human vs blowing up someone like Superman may take different levels of concentration. The human body is quite fragile while Superman has shrugged off attacks that would destroy planets. In the end it seems to be a stalmate.  

I even considered the example of the Sentry vs the Molecule man, but Owen is more powerful the Manhattan & Sentry doesn't have half the durability that Superman has. (Sentry/Void just did the same thing to Owen)

why so serious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By why so serious
@TheJuggernautpunch said:
"@why so serious: Facepalms won't save you from the fact that Superman Prime One Million would destroy Manhattan in second . "

Not funny.  Manhattan would blow him up.  Next thing u see Supe's intestines would be everywhere
why so serious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By why so serious
@Xan:  

Obviously ur just jealous that Dr. Manhattan could score hot chicks and u can't.
TheJuggernautpunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@why so serious: Come back when you learn enough about Superman Prime One Million . Until then , GTFO and STFU .
why so serious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By why so serious
@TheJuggernautpunch:  

Come back when you've hit puberty. 

btw, flagged.
TheJuggernautpunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@why so serious: A troll who was flagged a lot of times and has another accounts that were flagged too would flag me ?

No Caption Provided

Good luck with that , troll .
xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By xan84

why so serious

Bub if you are above the age of 5 i realy, realy pity you ...

why so serious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By why so serious
@Xan: 

I know u think that by calling me "bub" u would be as cool as Wolverine...........but u aint.   

Get a life.
TheJuggernautpunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@why so serious: GTFO of this thread and stop trolling .
xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By xan84

why so serious 

I know u think that by calling me "bub" u would be as cool as Wolverine...........but u aint.  

I don't think i am as cool as Logan or whatever, its just a word that i like. Yes its from Logan but so what ?  

PS i already got a life and from the look of things your life involves trolling on forums ...

why so serious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By why so serious

@TheJuggernautpunch: 

I will get off this thread when you stop humping Juggernaut.   

BTW, apparently the only words you know how to use are "STFU" and "GTFO".  Actually I doubt u even know what they mean.  Learn some vocabulary dude.  It actually might make u look less retarded then u do right now!!!

TheJuggernautpunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@why so serious:Shut The F@ck Up and Get The F@ck Out of here , troll .
Surge2477

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By Surge2477

Stalmate betweem Manhattan & Current Superman
Boneapart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By Boneapart

i dont like superman. actualy i dont mind him im just not a mega fan. a drawback is his ultra goodness and godlyness. but i think some of you are downtowning him realy bad by saying he doesnt stand a chance. superman definatly has feats on his side esspecialy in the silver age. and while it is true that modern day superman can not go faster than light and that the maximum wieght he can carry is the moon or pluto during the silver age he travelled 100's of times faster than light so fast in fact he could scale the universe in hours or travel back in time or build a city in the blink of an eye. he could also lift wieghts as heavy as planets or solar systems. he had rediculus powers like mind control and hypnosis and he was concretly writen with complete invunrebility and imortality he could also be intangebel (he probably still can), he could also comprehend things much faster and was insanly smart. so if you take in to acount all that and you say its the silver age superman vs the dr manhattan i think they have an even chance. a way for supes to win would be to travel back in time with the doc to the dawn of time (supes could also punch throgh into timelines and dimensions) and drag the doc to the big crunch and leave him there. the doc does not have any control of time and even in a normal fight its possible to beat him for example the part in the books where it says that even the doc cant react fast enoght to destroy all airborn nukes in the world. i definatly think the doc would win most of the time im just trowing this idea out there
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By Hellos

Stalemate.
Manhattan still doesn't have the feats to kill anything as durable as Superman.
Knightly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By Knightly1
@napoleon: Superman can go FTL. He just doesn't do it on Earth because it would cause vast environmental damage and collateral damage to those around him.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#178  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@napoleon: 

First, modern Superman can go faster than light. And I believe he's still capable of pulling Earth.

Second, SA Superman is not used unless it specifically states SA Superman. If it's not stated, it's assumed that it's Modern Superman.

Third, Superman has no way of hurting Manhattan. Superman should be able to resist his matter manipulation abilities, but Superman still can't hurt him. So it's probably a stalemate.
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By Hellos
@JediXMan said:
" @napoleon:   First, modern Superman can go faster than light. And I believe he's still capable of pulling Earth.  Second, SA Superman is not used unless it specifically states SA Superman. If it's not stated, it's assumed that it's Modern Superman.  Third, Superman has no way of hurting Manhattan. Superman should be able to resist his matter manipulation abilities, but Superman still can't hurt him. So it's probably a stalemate."

Infinite thrust ftw.
SilverGalford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By SilverGalford

Third, Superman has no way of hurting Manhattan. Superman should be able to resist his matter manipulation abilities, but Superman still can't hurt him. So it's probably a stalemate."

Stalmate
why so serious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By why so serious

" @why so serious:Shut The F@ck Up and Get The F@ck Out of here , troll . "

Fack?  Fack means candy in Russian....

oh and, flagged again.  A ban's comming ur way, and this time not even @Spidey 15 would be able to save ya.

" @why so serious: A troll who was flagged a lot of times and has another accounts that were flagged too would flag me ?

No Caption Provided
Good luck with that , troll . "
Putting a picture of urself up here and then saying that its me doesn't really help you either....  Even Juggernaut thinks ur a joke.
TheJuggernautpunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@why so serious: I put @ instead of U . It's called "censored"  . I know Russian , and Fack doesn't mean candy . You can flag me as many times as your want - it won't help you . Poor deluded creature , you do really think anyone takes you seriously ? You are nothing more than a troll who doesn't have a life .
why so serious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By why so serious
you know russian? you KNOW russian???????????

I AM Russian.   

Slavekshev Devav Fack.  Desvadania Fack. 

BURRRRRRRRN?
Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By Sherlock

Manhattan easily

llagrok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#185  Edited By llagrok

Superman easily.

sxgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By sxgt

Dr M  could turn supermans underwar into Kyrpotonite..
LordTaronji101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 6

#187  Edited By LordTaronji101

Superman could probably win but that would be an interesting fight. 

Lord Taronji has spoken

astro2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By astro2
@ Post by BIackFlash said:

Superman isn't smart enough

actually superman is very smart, his just not made to look that way in the comics too much or the cartoons, why because they don't want to over exaggerate, hence why the creators say his weakness is kyrptonite...no one likes a guy who is "unstoppable"
if that was the case Dr. M doesn't need the others, he can just sneeze and destroy the world...how stupid is that. 

@ Post by absurdist366 

he is indestructable. accelerated particles arent his weakness. thats dumb no one can beat manhatten. its impossible 

please shut up, no I only JUST watched the movie and apart from that no LITTLE about the characters or the comics, but a) no likes to see an unstoppable character b) his says his indestructable, how do you know his not weak to magic? or other alien technologies?

@ Post by Korg

Superman 1) doesn't have prep time and 2) isn't smart enough to set up the tech necessary to generate tachyons that would throw Manhattan off anyway. Superman gets deconstructed.

1) how do you know he doesn't have time? superman is pretty fast they only cap his abilities as no one likes to see a person thats too much like a god and unstoppable 2) his plenty smart, as stated by me they cap his abilities in a cartoon or comic so its more interesting. No likes to see a god that can fart and kill the whole universe in one micro second thats stupid. Superman has the fortess of solitude the technology and knowledge of countless universes, its B.S that Dr.M is THAT powerful and because of one accident can understand how the universe works.  Superman can get decontrusted, how do you know kryptonians can't reassemble themselves? they don't die the sameway like humans.

Post by absurdist366

he has no weakness you cant do anything.  why is everyone so dumb that they cant understand that its impossible to kill manhattan 

no weaknesses that YOU know of, everyones not dumb you're just a stupid nerd that unlike normal humans that seem to be able to accept a norman human being getting in one accident suddenly becomes an unstoppable entity (btw not alien technoolyg btw) and can vaporise ANYTHING and EVERYTHING. They made superman have a weakness BECAUSE of rubbish like this. A guy CAN'T be hurt and is BEYOND a god?? Even gods in cartoons aren't fully unstoppable, this creator went too far with this stupid creation.

Post by Doak6021

just watched watchmen for the first time because I was ill informed by a friend that it wasn't a good movie(I watched it and I liked it). After watching I had to call my friend and get on him about Dr. M b/c my friend is a huge SM fan. I'm not big on unstoppable heroes b/c they make watchin/reading about them pointless. They just can't lose. But in this case there is a definite winner and it is Dr. M.

I didn't like the movie and since I don't know the comics I'm not biased, I think the movie was for emos and perverts, pointless sex scenes only to give me a stiffy not anyway important for the script. Alot of unethical and stupid behaviour. Why do you think this was so unpopular in the movies? (except to super geeks) and Dr. M (who cheats on his gf) nukes  rorschach unecessarily and then makes out with the whore laurie one more time (and laurie didnt' care one of her comrades was turn into blood and guts...oh well she was a slut anyways). Plus your statement of watching unstoppable heroes are stupid and pointless....well duh, so why did you a) liked the movie b) say there's a definte winner? whocares..... Dr.M can decontrust molecules?? thats more stronger then anyy god in any marvel and DC character ever made...what a stupid character. Even superboy prime could be hurt.  
NeonNemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By NeonNemesis

Superman loses, his game is physical damage, be that by strenght, Heat vision, breath, etc, Dr. M will simply reassemble from all the damage he does to him, if Supes touches him (no not that way), Dr. M will see his past, and will see his previous encounters with Kriptonite, and all the knowlege he had with it, he transmutes Supes suit into K, then what? 

That or Dr. M simply blows up Supes like he does to the ppl he blew up, the durability is not the same true, but at the end of the day, molecular manipulation still thrumps super durability.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By Wyldsong
@JediXMan said:
" @napoleon:   First, modern Superman can go faster than light. And I believe he's still capable of pulling Earth.  Second, SA Superman is not used unless it specifically states SA Superman. If it's not stated, it's assumed that it's Modern Superman.  Third, Superman has no way of hurting Manhattan. Superman should be able to resist his matter manipulation abilities, but Superman still can't hurt him. So it's probably a stalemate. "
This right here.   

I tried to do a little research, so, no I don't have any scans, so if someone does, please post them, but from what I have read, it seems there has been a precedent set for Superman resisting molecular/transmutation type attacks.  Unless Superman has prep time and comes up with some wonderful tech, or Manhattan learns about kryptonite and can replicate it, the best anyone can hope to argue for here is a stalemate.  In a straight up, mano-a-mano fight, no one can win here.
Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By Wyldsong
@NeonNemesis said:
" Superman loses, his game is physical damage, be that by strenght, Heat vision, breath, etc, Dr. M will simply reassemble from all the damage he does to him, if Supes touches him (no not that way), Dr. M will see his past, and will see his previous encounters with Kriptonite, and all the knowlege he had with it, he transmutes Supes suit into K, then what?  That or Dr. M simply blows up Supes like he does to the ppl he blew up, the durability is not the same true, but at the end of the day, molecular manipulation still thrumps super durability. "
Unless Supes can resist molecular/transmutation type attacks.  See my post above.  Stalemate until proven otherwise.
grimlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By grimlock

Manhattan can wipe away Supes with a thought. I mean what can supes bring to that fight that would hurt manhattan?
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@grimlock said:
" Manhattan can wipe away Supes with a thought. I mean what can supes bring to that fight that would hurt manhattan? "
Show me when Manhattan has ever hurt anyone or anything beyond the armor of a tank. 

See, this is the misconception people have with Manhattan. Just because he could blow up NORMAL PEOPLE with a thought (which he never did, actually. He gestured. I want to see some feats he did at the literal speed of thought) doesn't mean he can do it to SUPER POWERED PEOPLE.
grimlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By grimlock
@JediXMan: so what does supes bring to the fight? or he'l just depend on your intel there
grimlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By grimlock
@JediXMan: if manhattan can easily manipulate metals and structure them the way he wants cant he do the same to the man of steel?
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@grimlock said:
" @JediXMan: so what does supes bring to the fight? or he'l just depend on your intel there "
It would be a stalemate. Superman can't hurt Manhattan and Manhattan can't hurt Superman.
crackerjack82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By crackerjack82

Manhattan is based in quantum science, hypothetically he would alter what superman is, thus winning

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By Wyldsong
@crackerjack82 said:
" Manhattan is based in quantum science, hypothetically he would alter what superman is, thus winning "
Hypothetically he can do nothing if Superman has survived molecular altering/transmutation type attacks, which it sounds like he has from some discussion on other boards.
Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By Wyldsong
@grimlock said:
" @JediXMan: if manhattan can easily manipulate metals and structure them the way he wants cant he do the same to the man of steel? "
Manhattan has melted metal and pulled a gun apart with his mind.  His most impressive destructive feat beyond this is blowing up baseline humans.  There is nothing proving he can even manipulate the molecules of a human other than disintegration type effects. 

If Superman has resisted transmutation type effects, which from the sounds of it, he has, then Manhattan can't hurt him.  Likewise, Manhattan can phase, thus Superman can't do much to him.  Stalemate. 
Avatar image for noobasaurus_rex
Noobasaurus_Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By Noobasaurus_Rex

Lowballing Manhattan again, huh? 

Manhattan absolutely demolishes Superman. He has a wider array of powers, and is much more powerful than Superman on the grand scale of power.