Dr. Manhattan vs Superman

NovaHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By NovaHulk

Dr. M can alter reality and crap...But he has no feelings so i doubt he even wants to fight Superman

lagoon_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By lagoon_boy
when the hell did we lose, supe fb
Braiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Braiden
Ferro Vida said:
Braiden said: Ferro Vida said: Braiden said: superman has incredable speed yes...... so he could wip up the machine in ... [more]
but like i said he wouldnt need to.... he just becomes what the machine is firering (accelerated particles) and the same damage is done
Braiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Braiden
lagoon_boy said:
when the hell did we lose, supe fb
just b4 when i owned you =)
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By Ferro Vida
Braiden said:
lagoon_boy said: when the hell did we lose, supe fb just b4 when i owned you =) [more]
Please tell me you're trying to be cute with this.

Braiden said:
Ferro Vida said: Braiden said: Ferro Vida said: Braiden said: superman has incredable speed yes...... so he could wip up ... [more]

Alright, I'm done debating with you. Call me when you start using facts and admit Superman isn't unbeatable.

lagoon_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By lagoon_boy
Braiden said:
lagoon_boy said: when the hell did we lose, supe fb just b4 when i owned you =) [more]
u wish.. try coming back with logic with you
Braiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Braiden
Ferro Vida said:
Braiden said: lagoon_boy said: when the hell did we lose, supe fb just b4 when i owned you =) [more] ... [more]
lol i no that was a bit far fetched but he could do it. The whole time i have been using facts your just leaving becaus im winnin, wait scratch that because i won
Dark King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#58  Edited By Dark King
Braiden said:
Ferro Vida said: Braiden said: superman has incredable speed yes...... so he could wip up the machine in like half ... [more]
your joking right?
Braiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Braiden
lagoon_boy said:
Braiden said: lagoon_boy said: when the hell did we lose, supe fb just b4 when i owned you =) [more] ... [more]
i did the just beat the other guy and your not even worth debating with. cause i have already won. =)
Braiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Braiden
Dark King said:
Braiden said: Ferro Vida said: Braiden said: superman has incredable speed yes...... so he could wip up the machine in ... [more]
um yes and no. in the first place he wouldnt need to make the machine but yes all the facts about him getting out of a black hole and stuff is true
Hypercide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Hypercide
Braiden said:
Ferro Vida said: Braiden said: lagoon_boy said: when the hell did we lose, supe fb just b4 when i owned ... [more]
Fail.
Dark King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Dark King

supes escaped a binary blackhole by going through the middle of opposing forces because it was the weakest point he didnt do it under his own power.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Braiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Braiden
Hypercide said:
Braiden said: Ferro Vida said: Braiden said: lagoon_boy said: when the hell did we lose, supe fb just b4 when ... [more]
Fail what
Braiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Braiden
Dark King said:
supes escaped a binary blackhole by going through the middle of opposing forces because it was the weakest point he ... [more]
he is still able to go faster then the speed of light..... thats all i was saying
Hypercide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Hypercide
Braiden said:
Hypercide said: Braiden said: Ferro Vida said: Braiden said: lagoon_boy said: when the hell did we lose, supe fb just ... [more]
Your logic (or lack thereof) fails.
Dark King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Dark King
Braiden said:
Dark King said: supes escaped a binary blackhole by going through the middle of opposing forces because it was the ... [more]
his flight speed has never bn stated.. simply implied even though dc has stated he cant go past ftl
Braiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Braiden
Hypercide said:
Braiden said: Hypercide said: Braiden said: Ferro Vida said: Braiden said: lagoon_boy said: when the hell did we lose, supe ... [more]
im perfectly logic tell me how im not (unless your just not smart enough to comprehend what we are talking about)
Braiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Braiden
Dark King said:
Braiden said: Dark King said: supes escaped a binary blackhole by going through the middle of opposing forces because it ... [more]
yer thats all i was saying.... but long story short superman would win
Omg chris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Omg chris

dr. manhattan ftw

Hypercide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Hypercide
Braiden said:
Hypercide said: Braiden said: Hypercide said: Braiden said: Ferro Vida said: Braiden said: lagoon_boy said: when the hell did we ... [more]
You said Supes would win because he would build a machine in a split second. You also said that Supes would accelerate to high speeds, become an accelerated particle and make Dr. M lose his powers.

That's completely stupid. It seems you are the one who cannot comprehend what anyone is talking about, seeing as both of your arguments are lame beyond belief.

Braiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Braiden
Hypercide said:
Braiden said: Hypercide said: Braiden said: Hypercide said: Braiden said: Ferro Vida said: Braiden said: lagoon_boy said: when the hell ... [more]
Whats stupid about it, im almost willing to say that the flash has got a chance against the dr (doubt it but yer) Superman can become an accelerated particle(a bunch of them) and then he charges and wins. I dont get why i have to say the same thing over and over again, maybe because u cant comprahend what im saying or maybe its because your mind cant be changed. I dont no....... but give me a valid reason why and how Dr M would win and i want facts not crap. If you can produce this then maybe i will side with you. (and tell me why superman couldnt become and accelerated particle)
Cake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Cake

The maximum damage accelerated particles can do to Dr. Manhattan is complete disintegration by destroying his intrinsic field.
"Veidt, I am disappointed, Very disappointed. Reconstructing myself after the subtraction of my intrinsic field was the first trick I learned."

Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Hellos

Supes goes splat just like the people in the movie.

TruePwnge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By TruePwnge

One theory is Dr M can vaporize Superman, I don't agree we have only see Dr M atomize street levelers, if you're looking for other feats you can find him manipulate US Army Tanks or Mars Rocks but that's it
he has never faced anyone super powered in his universe
Dr M's powers won't hurt him IMO
Superman if he's lucky might destroy Dr Jon with a speed blitz, but the Dr can reform his body
All we have so far is stalemate

Dr M can probably go for the  BattleFieldRemoval and teleport Superman to Mars
technical win

If Manhattan knows Superman has weakness and if he can radiate red solar energy then he can KO
two big ifs and Dr M wins it

Difficult fight to judge because Dr M only appears in one comic and is seriously lacking feats

Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Hellos
@TruePwnge said:
"One theory is Dr M can vaporize Superman, I don't agree we have only see Dr M atomize street levelers, if you're looking for other feats you can find him manipulate US Army Tanks or Mars Rocks but that's ithe has never faced anyone super powered in his universeDr M's powers won't hurt him IMOSuperman if he's lucky might destroy Dr Jon with a speed blitz, but the Dr can reform his bodyAll we have so far is stalemateDr M can probably go for the  BattleFieldRemoval and teleport Superman to Marstechnical winIf Manhattan knows Superman has weakness and if he can radiate red solar energy then he can KOtwo big ifs and Dr M wins itDifficult fight to judge because Dr M only appears in one comic and is seriously lacking feats"

I don't really ever see supes vaporizing supes, but killing him should be within his power.

If he can teleport you, it shouldn't be too hard for him to teleport some of him. That or just toss him into the nearest red gaint.

I don't see any real way for supes to actually harm manhattan.
Avatar image for fortified_hooligan
Fortified_Hooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman needs some manner of protection from matter manipulation to not be affected. If his energy field prevents manipulation from other warpers, it should provide it in this instance as well, though i don;t know if that is the case.

Manhattan's vulnerability to tachyons prevents him from seeing that part of his future. it does nothing to harm him, or de-power him. He still retains complete control of his powers when bombarded by tachyons.

When Veidt destroys his body he does so with the same equipment that turned him into Dr. Manhattan inthe first place. This was not a bombardment of tachyons, but the use of the intrinsic field subtractor.

Manhattan should be able to defeat superman.

david00814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By david00814

SUPERMAN IS A FRUIT!  DOC. COULD JUST TELEPORT SUPERMAN TO A DIFFERENT GALAXY WHERE THERE ISN'T A YELLOW SUN THEN DOC. COULD JUST BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF HIM THEN CREAT A FIELD IN SIDE OF HIM AND THEN EXSPAND IT. OR HE COULD JUST DISINTERGRATE HIM. OR JUST TELEPORT PART OF SUPERMAN SOMEWHERE. OR DOC COULD GET A SAW AND CUT SUPERMAN IN HALF. SUPERMAN IS GAY WITHOUT HIS POWERS HE CAN EVEN FIST FIGHT IF DOC. LOST HIS POWERS AND SO DID SUPERMAN DOC WOULD STILL WIN. SUPERMAN WOULDNT BE THAT SMART YOU DONT BECOME SMART BECAUSE YOUR DAD YOU NEVER MET WAS SMART YOU HAVE TO WORK FOR IT. THAT STUFF ABOUT HIM BUILD ROBOTS WHO TAUGHT HIM HOW TO BUILD THAT CRAP. SUPERMANN IS GAY AND DOC WOULD KILL IM IN A SECOND.

Belladonna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#78  Edited By Belladonna

Doctor Manhattan ;P

Dro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Dro
@Braiden said:
"
Hypercide said:
Braiden said: Hypercide said: Braiden said: Hypercide said: Braiden said: Ferro Vida said: Braiden said: lagoon_boy said: when the hell ... [more]
Whats stupid about it, im almost willing to say that the flash has got a chance against the dr (doubt it but yer) Superman can become an accelerated particle(a bunch of them) and then he charges and wins. I dont get why i have to say the same thing over and over again, maybe because u cant comprahend what im saying or maybe its because your mind cant be changed. I dont no....... but give me a valid reason why and how Dr M would win and i want facts not crap. If you can produce this then maybe i will side with you. (and tell me why superman couldnt become and accelerated particle) "
I don't even care about what you say anymore. You're the reason why people question the right of freedom of speech.

Anyways, Dr. Manhattan could also just turn Superman into kryptonite...

theseventhyear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By theseventhyear

Dr. Manhattan would win. In the graphic novel and movie, the only thing tachyons can do to Manhattan is affect his ability to see the future. Big deal. Dr. Manhattan is powerful enough to rip Superman apart molecule by molecule, into billions of pieces of dust, without batting an eyelash. Or he'd just send him to the other side of the universe over and over. And even IF Superman somehow survived long enough to travel faster than the speed of light, and become accelerated particles, you forget that Dr. Manhattan is INTANGIBLE, and Superman would fly straight through him without touching him. The closest anyone has, and could, ever get to destroying him was Veidt, and even that was an epic fail.

Oh yeah, Dr. Manhattan also has the ability to produce multiple copies of himself capable of functioning completely independently. So even if Superman's power worked and his accelerated particles punch destroyed Dr. Manhattan. That's a big IF. Who's to say that that was the original, one and only Manhattan?

However, I still don't even think your faster than the speed of light punch would work in the first place anyways, sooooo yeah.

Man of Lengend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#81  Edited By Man of Lengend

Dr. Manhattan easy , he can change the outcome anyway he wants
BIackFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By BIackFlash

Superman isn't smart enough

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#83  Edited By NightFang3
Dr. Manhattan  (maybe an army of supermen could beat him)
absurdist366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By absurdist366
@Braiden: You completely misunderstand.  He isnt a particle hes a god.  Even if he cant see the particles or the tachyons he has such great perception he can get out of there as soon as he wants.  hes seen things so small and so fast they are hardly said to have occurred at all.  he can turn superman into a chair.  he has so weakness.  he is indestructable. accelerated particles arent his weakness. thats dumb no one can beat manhatten. its impossible
absurdist366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By absurdist366
@Xan: he has no weakness you cant do anything.  why is everyone so dumb that they cant understand that its impossible to kill manhattan
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By AtPhantom
@absurdist366 said:
" @Xan: he has no weakness you cant do anything.  why is everyone so dumb that they cant understand that its impossible to kill manhattan "
Impossible? There are plenty of ways to kill a non corporeal entity. Superman can't do it, there are dozens of characters who can.
absurdist366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By absurdist366

where does this particle punch come. even if it were real that cant hurt manhatten.  his reflexes are infinitely fast and he can see things that are moving faster than light there is no way to kill him

ryanwh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By ryanwh

The thing about Alan Moore is he doesn't spell things out. We don't know implicitly than the doc is immortal,  omnipotent, or infinitely powerful. All we know is he hasn't changed in 50 years and nothing on earth has been able to harm him and he's been able to do everything he wants to do. if he wanted to erase the universe, could he? We don't know. That said, he could take out supes. Prime Superman could maybe do something, who knows.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By AtPhantom
@ryanwh said:
" The thing about Alan Moore is he doesn't spell things out. We don't know implicitly than the doc is immortal,  omnipotent, or infinitely powerful. All we know is he hasn't changed in 50 years and nothing on earth has been able to harm him and he's been able to do everything he wants to do. if he wanted to erase the universe, could he? We don't know. That said, he could take out supes. Prime Superman could maybe do something, who knows. "
Prime Superman one million? If so, he could take a million Manhattans and not even blink.
ryanwh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By ryanwh

But we don't know the extent of the doc's power. Superman 1m even looks like the doc, its pretty clear the idea was inspired by him. So maybe they gave prime the powers they speculated the doc could wield if he had the will.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By AtPhantom
@ryanwh said:
" But we don't know the extent of the doc's power. Superman 1m even looks like the doc, its pretty clear the idea was inspired by him. So maybe they gave prime the powers they speculated the doc could wield if he had the will. "
There are plenty of other shining god like men around. Saying Superman Prime one million was based specifically on Manhattan is absurd. They are nothing alike. Rather, captain Allen Adam from Superman beyond is a direct homage to Manhattan, and is Morrison's speculation on what Manhattan should be able to do.

But that's all that is: Speculation. Until we see Manhattan doing those things (which will be never), we will not simply presume he can do it.
FLCL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By FLCL1
@Braiden said:
" im perfectly logic tell me how im not (unless your just not smart enough to comprehend what we are talking about)"

fanboyism is a horrible disease and ur infecting everyone on this thread with ur lack of logic, argument and large amount of stupidity 

u fail
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By MKF30

Most likely Dr. M but Supes wouldn't be able to really do much vs. Dr. M. Question would be could Supes defend against Dr M's abilities? 

And for the dude that said Dr. M was inspired by Supes, only SA supes being a godly power. Dr. M is actually inspired also mainly by Captain Atom, Martian Manhunter, Spectre. I believe it's also stated on here somewhere.
Doak6021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Doak6021

I just watched watchmen for the first time because I was ill informed by a friend that it wasn't a good movie(I watched it and I liked it). After watching I had to call my friend and get on him about Dr. M b/c my friend is a huge SM fan. I'm not big on unstoppable heroes b/c they make watchin/reading about them pointless. They just can't lose. But in this case there is a definite winner and it is Dr. M. 

While SM could defeat Dr. M, Dr. M has a better chance of winning.  

Scenarios: 

SM wins: He somehow  randomly, out of nowhere, decides he wants to kill Dr. M and then does his fly around the earth thing and goes back in time to when Dr. M isn't Dr. M and he kills him. SM - 1 Dr. M - 0   

SM wins/stalemate: He somehow  randomly, out of nowhere, decides he wants to kill Dr. M and becomes a group of accelerated particles and runs into Dr. M but doesn't kill him b/c the first thing Dr. M learned to do was reassemble himself. Stalemate. SM - 1 Dr. M - 0 

Dr. M wins: Dr. somehow randomly, out of nowhere, decides he wants to kill SM. He walks up to him and atomizes him. SM - 1 Dr. M - 1 

Dr. M wins: Dr. somehow randomly, out of nowhere, decides he wants to kill SM. He walks up to him and turns his suit/cape into kryptonite and beats the crap out of him. SM - 1 Dr. M - 2     

Dr. M wins: If it is a straight up fight where they are standing in front of each other, Dr. M atomizes him. lol. Simple. (Dr. M says in the movie that he actually watched something happen so fast that it may not be considered to have happened.) So Dr. M is capable of atomizing SM b4 SM turns into group of accelerated particles. SM - 1 Dr. M 3 

The list goes on and on with scenarios but as u can see Dr. M is gonna come out on top most of the time. Although SM is capable of defeating Dr. M under certain circumstances.  

BatDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By BatDance
Dr M wins or its a stalemate
CAPiTA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By CAPiTA

Dr. M loses cuz he has no pants.

BatDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By BatDance
@CAPiTA said:
" Dr. M loses cuz he has no pants. "
If this was Silver Age he would develop a random power and win, like 'Super-Embarrassment' powers and suddenly Manhattan runs away crying trying to find a large Canadian leaf to cover his private parts

Don't ask why the leaf is Canadian

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#98  Edited By Caligula

Manhattan turns Supes into powder, not even close
Avatar image for spawn_godslayer
Spawn Godslayer

Forum Posts