#351 Posted by Edamame (30272 posts) - - Show Bio
@PowerHerc said:
" @Edamame: No.  I think its strong.  I  just think Doom would have enough intelligence with tech coupled with his skill in magic use to overcome Apocalypse. "
In order for Doom to overcome Apocalypse, he would have to overcome the Celestial Technology. Has Doom overcome more advanced technology?  Compared to Celestial Technology, I mean.  I think I remember hearing that Doom was able to play with the Beyonder's technology which would be leagues above Celestial Technology, right?

@Xavier St. Cloud said:
" @Edamame: No I don't think that is what he is saying, I think Apocalypse's limited understanding of the technology would make it weaker than it is designed to be, in the hands of a Celestial... I don't think it would protect him from Doom's magic either. "
True. Apocalypse still has much to learn, but I was referring to the fact that Apocalypse's body would be harder to affect because of the Celestial Technology that is flowing through it.  It is kind of like if I wear bullet proof suit that covers my entire body and I enter a  battle field. I may not know how to wear/use it properly, but it can still protect me. Sorry for this bad comparison. LOL.  I couldn't think of any other sound comparisons. 
Celestial Technology is essentially his power source.  Kind of like how Jean Grey's power source is the Phoenix Force and how Magneto's power source is the electromagnetic spectrum/Earth's magnetic field.

@RJMooreII said:
" @Edamame:     

That is PIS. The good guys always win. Remember?  In Marvel, the "villains" never win.

To my eternal annoyance, this is so. I like Dr. Doom more than any superhero in Marvel; and let's face it, they haven't exactly done a bang up job of running things.
I agree. It perturbs me a lot as well.  I like Dr. Doom as well because as I was reading Doomwar, I began to realize that Doom seems to want to transform the world into a utopia. He has seen all the horrors in life and perhaps that motivates him to get things done according to his plans. 
Avatar image for xavier_st__cloud
#352 Posted by Xavier St. Cloud (2043 posts) - - Show Bio

#353 Posted by Edamame (30272 posts) - - Show Bio
@Xavier St. Cloud: "Embedding disabled by request. Watch on Youtube."

; (
Avatar image for xavier_st__cloud
#354 Posted by Xavier St. Cloud (2043 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame:
I hate when they do that!
#355 Edited by MadMattJaspers (183 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Fabulous Frag:   Apocalypse is smarter than Galactus in battle, bro.  Victor is the man, but Apocalypse takes this with or without prep.
#356 Posted by madrid_san (2024 posts) - - Show Bio
@MadMattJaspers said:
"@The Fabulous Frag:   Apocalypse is smarter than Galactus in battle, bro.  Victor is the man, but Apocalypse takes this with or without prep. "

this
#357 Posted by doomsummers (834 posts) - - Show Bio
@Fantasma Ghost:  Apocalypse has conquered the world in the 616 universe. 2,000 years in the future Apocalypse rules, Rachel Summers Phoenix form traveled forward to that timeline, Stryfe, Cable, and Blaquesmith comes from that future.
#358 Posted by Edgeworth_11 (5235 posts) - - Show Bio

Apocalypse. He is a genius in his own right and has great tech to work with and is practically invunverable.

#359 Posted by Jazzitup (948 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edgeworth_11 said:
"

Apocalypse. He is a genius in his own right and has great tech to work with and is practically invunverable.

"

Doom can bfr him.
#360 Posted by Edamame (30272 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edgeworth_11 said:
"

"
Apocalypse isn't invulnerable to telekinesis. 
#361 Posted by doomsummers (834 posts) - - Show Bio
@ClarkJosephKent1938:  Didn't Apocalypse's daughter Diamond Nero Syphon the portion of the Phoenix Force Rachel Summers had.
#362 Posted by doomsummers (834 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jazzitup: how?
#363 Posted by Jazzitup (948 posts) - - Show Bio
@doomsummers said:
"

@Jazzitup: how?

"

magic.
#364 Posted by ripcurl (546 posts) - - Show Bio
@Tahdigga:
That's the savage Hulk though.
#365 Posted by doomsummers (834 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jazzitup: That's too general. Specifically how would it work considering Apocalypse's own powers.
#366 Posted by Edgeworth_11 (5235 posts) - - Show Bio

Apocalypse has many ways as does Doom. The difference maker here is Apocalypses durabilitity raw power and stamina.
#367 Posted by MadMattJaspers (183 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jazzitup:   That's the only way I see Doom winning.
I would bet that Doom couldn't withstand Apoc's telepathy, either.
#368 Posted by IZZR (4889 posts) - - Show Bio

Apocalypse is far more intelligent than Doom which is about the only thing Doom posseses that makes him stand above others so with that said he doesnt really stand a chance here, unless he has Kang's tech or something.

#369 Posted by Jazzitup (948 posts) - - Show Bio
@IZZR said:
"Apocalypse is far more intelligent than Doom which is about the only thing Doom posseses that makes him stand above others so with that said he doesnt really stand a chance here, unless he has Kang's tech or something. "

Doom is more intellegent. 1. Thanos, 2. Doom, 3. Reed.

@MadMattJaspers said:

" @Jazzitup:   That's the only way I see Doom winning.I would bet that Doom couldn't withstand Apoc's telepathy, either. "

Telepathy doesn't affect Doom. His willpower is too much nd he shrugged it off nd resisted it easily before.
#370 Posted by Jazzitup (948 posts) - - Show Bio
@doomsummers said:
" @Jazzitup: That's too general. Specifically how would it work considering Apocalypse's own powers. "

Dooms magic is enough to defeat him. His forcefields r too powerful.
#371 Posted by HellionVulcan (4904 posts) - - Show Bio

Both with prep would probably end in a draw or a long battle that can go either way ,random encounter Apocalypse hes just to much .

Avatar image for theworldbreaker
#372 Posted by Theworldbreaker (1681 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom with prep wins but in a random encounter Apocalypse FTW.
#373 Posted by Susanoo (6150 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom wins in random encounter or prep.
#374 Posted by cody1984 (1366 posts) - - Show Bio
@Theworldbreaker said:
"Doom with prep wins but in a random encounter Apocalypse FTW. "

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
#375 Posted by Supermanwithatan01 (6152 posts) - - Show Bio

Ha this thread should end. We ALL agree Doom wins with prep but Pocy wins with a random encounter

#376 Posted by Susanoo (6150 posts) - - Show Bio
@Supermanwithatan01:
Doom wins either one. With prep, he wins. In random encounter, he wins via magic and/or bfr.
#377 Posted by Edamame (30272 posts) - - Show Bio
@Susanoo: Have we seen Apocalypse's vulnerability to magic? I am not doubting his loss, but I am just curious.
#378 Posted by Susanoo (6150 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame said:
" @Susanoo: Have we seen Apocalypse's vulnerability to magic? I am not doubting his loss, but I am just curious. "

Against Loki? He has resistance but Loki jobs. Doom can bfr Apoc into another time zone or to another dimension. He can possibly turn apoc into stone as well. If not, he just puts up his forcefield and spams energy blasts like he did to the Avengers.
#379 Posted by Manchine (5294 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom in both. 
#380 Posted by dadivineking (42047 posts) - - Show Bio
@Manchine said:
" Doom in both.  "
#381 Posted by Edamame (30272 posts) - - Show Bio
@Susanoo said:
 If not, he just puts up his forcefield and spams energy blasts like he did to the Avengers. "
May I see this scan? Don't feel obligated to post it. I was just curious.
#382 Posted by Susanoo (6150 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame said:
" @Susanoo said:
 If not, he just puts up his forcefield and spams energy blasts like he did to the Avengers. "
May I see this scan? Don't feel obligated to post it. I was just curious. "

#383 Posted by Nosfistis (36 posts) - - Show Bio

In this scenario, having prep would probably give the fight to Doom, IF and only if, he went all out on Apocalypse. Although Doom alone can't defeat Apocalypse, he could create a huge army of Doombots ( see Doomwar) and weaken Apocalypse to his level, so he can finish him off. Also he could create a power/mutation nullification device that would render Apocalypse powerless. Also, as we see in Blood of Apocalypse arc, Apocalypse is nearly killed by Inferno Machine , so we can guess that a weapon of similar power would be able to get past Apocalypse's invulnerability. Additionally he could sell his soul to the Devil or something like that to invoke an Ultra-powerfull demon. YET Apocalypse is not alone either, having his Four horsemen on his side, plus future technology. He could device a techno-virus to take out Doombots or he could nuke Doom with a biological weapon. I think in the end it's about who wants it the most. With 24 hours prep, Doom's superior intellect would win over Apocalypse.

Avatar image for marvelrules2011
#384 Edited by marvelrules2011 (757 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr Doom

#385 Posted by progenitorigin (7559 posts) - - Show Bio

Although an interesting match-up, my vote would go to En Sabah Nur.  IMHO, he's just had more experience in his lifetime as a warrior, eventually becoming the proverbial man behind the curtain we know today.  Doom does have the advantage of his own apt technology and magic, but I think he has a vulnerability in his physical encounters.  For example, when Iron Man managed to catch him off guard and plow him into the pure psionic being of Onslaught.  Or, when the Sentry caught him and wrangled his @ss.  Perhaps with prep time, Doom could manage to pull out a few tricks, but knowing Apoc has the same prep time, all around, I just think Apocalypse has it over Doom.  Again, just my opinion and vote.
#386 Posted by BigCimmerian (10303 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom wins both scenarios, bump

#387 Posted by cortadew (403 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom wins effortless curbstomp

Avatar image for inconvenient_truth
#388 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2548 posts) - - Show Bio

apoc destroys him

#389 Edited by comic_book_fan (7125 posts) - - Show Bio

apocalypse wins but this fight would be cool my 2 favorite villains going at it but ultimately apocalypse humbles Doom.

#390 Posted by westy206 (1064 posts) - - Show Bio

Firstly this fight would be epic. Secondly the epicness wouldn't last long because Doom would finish up pretty quick. Apocalypse with all his power is just a natural loser, even when he's got the upper hand he ends up losing. Doom is a winner, when Doom and Strange faced Mephisto he made them both look like idiots. Doom is 20 steps ahead of everyone even before they meet. Evidence when Doom does lose its a doombot.

#391 Edited by The_Titan_Lord (8119 posts) - - Show Bio

Apoc

#392 Posted by HellionVulcan (4904 posts) - - Show Bio

@westy206 said:

Firstly this fight would be epic. Secondly the epicness wouldn't last long because Doom would finish up pretty quick. Apocalypse with all his power is just a natural loser, even when he's got the upper hand he ends up losing. Doom is a winner, when Doom and Strange faced Mephisto he made them both look like idiots. Doom is 20 steps ahead of everyone even before they meet. Evidence when Doom does lose its a doombot.

Doom has been beaten before by Reed Selene & many others while Apocalypse as i don't think i have ever seen Apocalypse get defeated cleanly even in AOA took the combined effort of many highly powerful mutants to stop him .

#393 Posted by darklord_apoc (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol at people saying Apocalypse has got beat by the X-Men! Not once has he got whooped by them at all lol. Most of the time he put the X-Men through test just to see if they were amoung the fit to survive..... Apocalypse is no sloutch when it comes to prep either and has many of times seduced heros to being his horsemen, so I would not be surprised if Doom would be tricked by Apocalypse to be his horseman because after all Doom was tricked by Loki right, In "Acts of Vengence." While Apocalypse seen right through Loki and refused and embarrassed Loki, while Doom and some of the other Marvel villains were tricked by Loki..... Doom would need more than 24 hours of prep to come up with away to beat Apocalypse, and without prep Apocalypse would stomp! Apocalypse has a wide range of power himself and people saying that Doom has took over the world, well Apocalypse did in the future to come, and when he did he did it for years and years.... Had almost all the Marvel Earth heros killed and there was none to question his rule.... The difference with Apocalypse and Doom is that Apocalypse has all the time in the world to do what he needs to do so he never rushes, which is why when a plan fails he laughs about it and goes on, but Doom seems in a rush to do things which is why in the end he loses.... Just like the 12 arc, Apocalypse's plan was solid and nothing he did messed it up but Magneto not being at full power shorted out the power of Apocalypse machine, but other than that no one was able to stop him....

#394 Posted by comic_book_fan (7125 posts) - - Show Bio

Apocalypse but the fight would be awesome.

#395 Posted by darklord_apoc (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler

said:

"What exactly could Doom do to Apoc? If the High Evolutionary can't beat Apoc how would Doom? The blogs cool but its nothing that cant be seen on the KMC forum. And it doesn't trump anything Apoc has done."

Captain Britain hits harder than Apocalypse and Doom didnt even feel it, now , tell me how Apocalypse will even try and beat that?

So you're saying Captin Britain can hit harder than Savage Hulk in a raged state? Someone who was able to crack Onslaught's armor?

#396 Edited by darklord_apoc (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

Apocalypse is to fast for Doom unless someone can tell me some of Doom's speed feats? Physical attacks will not work on Apocalypse as they never have before, and usually when Apocalypse has lost it was due to PIS and the fact heros always win... At full power Apocalypse is able to warp reality with ease as he did in "Ages of Apocalypse" story arc...... Thing with Apocalypse is he can not use his full power because his raw energy tears his body up and that is why he goes from host to host, and that is also why in "The Twelve" he needed a mutant powerful enough to house his energy and that mutant was Nate Grey (Xman)! He only needed the remaining 12 mutants to become more powerful than Onslaught and Dark Phoenix, which shows how powerful Apocalypse already was just to need 12 mutants to become that powerful than both Onslaught and the Phoenix Force.... As for magic goes, Apocalypse also knows some forms of magic which was how he was able to create that praying mantis monster who fought Exidus... He also cursed Exdus to be trapped in suspended animation for over 100 years I believe that's how long it was, and no 1 was able to break the barrior until the curse was up.... The weapon he gave War Hulk, I believe it was also magic based as well... As for someone saying High Evolutionary was not fighting his hardest because he wanted to talk it out with Apocalypse, that was a lie because it was Apocalypse who was not trying with High Evolutionary than the other way around.... So H.E was not trying but even tried turning invisible to sneak attack Apocalypse (which due to Apocalypse ability to sense things before they happen, H.E failed), and you mean to tell me that H.E was getting so irritated and frustrated because he kept missing his shots with Apocalypse that he blew a hole in his own ship, yet H.E was not trying? Apocalypse before he got his celestial tech sent Kang running from that era, and Kang went back in time to try and capture or kill Apocalypse which did not work and the only reason he even found Apocalypse was because Apocalypse went to him to over throw him like Baal wanted him to do..... Even the God Isis told Apocalypse one day he would rule over all, which he does in Cable's future.... In Blood of Apocalypse, which was not a good book because it had low showings of Apocalypse but even then Polaris (his horseman) told him that he was omniscences because of his ability to almost know everything.... Also people say Doom took Galactus powers, but how? As I recall wasn't Galactus knocked out for Doom to even do that? If so then I am pretty much sure Apocalypse could do the same with his tech as he was about to use his to become more powerful than the Celestials, Onslaught, and Phoenix...

#397 Posted by Pipxeroth (4956 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom wins round one. Round two he could win via BFR, but im not sure he'd do it soon enough.

- Pip

#398 Posted by westy206 (1064 posts) - - Show Bio

@darklord_apoc

Doom competed with the best sorceres in marvel for the title of sorcerer supreme and came second due to the fact he could dodge all the spells when the others couldn't. This in my opinion is a speed feat.

#399 Posted by darklord_apoc (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

@westy206 said:

@darklord_apoc

Doom competed with the best sorceres in marvel for the title of sorcerer supreme and came second due to the fact he could dodge all the spells when the others couldn't. This in my opinion is a speed feat.

How fast were those spells and how fast was the others?

#400 Posted by westy206 (1064 posts) - - Show Bio

@darklord_apoc: Well like I said they were the greatest sorcerers in the world, hard to judge how fast they are, the comics aren't in live motion so it's hard to tell, I imagine as quick as any energy blast. Apocalypse was defeated by Dracula so magic effects him just like anyone else.