User Lists: 0

Tyrant owns him

ancient_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Doomsday? Seriously? HP Doom not even could beat Surfer or Thanos, Tyrant stomps him

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tyrant

franky666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for jiraiya_sageofoil
Jiraiya_sageofoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mismatch

OOCMikey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

De-Powered Tyrant isn't as OP as everyone is making him seem.

But, yes, Tyrant.

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even Depowered Tyrant absolutely slaughters Doomsday

shaddolldck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tyrant steps on him

Avatar image for deactivated-5a7a162f64fe5
deactivated-5a7a162f64fe5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doomsday is tough but, I don't see how he gets around Tyrant. Tyrant wins.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tyrant

TrionAce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depowered Tyrant is pretty powerful^^^

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

depowered tyrant hasn't displayed a lot if anything HPDD couldn't overcome with his auto-evolution

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Hunter/Prey Doomsday defeated Darkseid. For years, people have stated that it was an avatar, but Dan Jurgens stated that Hunter/Prey Doomsday defeated Darkseid simply because he was more powerful.

No Caption Provided

Now, I don't know how powerful Tyrant is. I only recall his fight with Thanos (and Thanos overpowered him). But, seriously doubt that this would be a walk in the park for either character.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6c6de088804
deactivated-5c6c6de088804

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@static_shock: During Final Crisis, the real Darkseid(his ''spirit'') was roaming without a ''host'' across the DC universe and the Multiverse was dying and collapsing bc of it. Doomsday stomped Darkseid before this was revealed tho.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@static_shock: During Final Crisis, the real Darkseid(his ''spirit'') was roaming without a ''host'' across the DC universe and the Multiverse was dying and collapsing bc of it. Doomsday stomped Darkseid before this was revealed tho.

What are you clarifying here?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@caped_baldy said:

What are you clarifying here?

Doomsday beating the real darkseid is PIS. Simple as that.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Static Shock

I disagree. Jurgens stated in an interview that Hunter/Prey Doomsday's natural immunity gives him an advantage over Darkseid, or whoever he fights. He also said that version of Doomsday would beat him every single time, unless Darkseid was prepared or had a plan to beat him.

http://www.comicboards.com/jurgens-rc.php

So, no. It's not PIS. But, you can call it what you want, though.

NimaMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Tyrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@static_shock said:

I disagree. Jurgens stated in an interview that Hunter/Prey Doomsday's natural immunity gives him an advantage over Darkseid, or whoever he fights. He also said that version of Doomsday would beat him every single time, unless Darkseid was prepared or had a plan to beat him.

http://www.comicboards.com/jurgens-rc.php

So, no. It's not PIS. But, you can call it what you want, though.

Jurgens said that Odin is only planetary level. I wouldn't take his statements as a fact. Not when they go against the feats.

Final Crisis darkeid ''fell'' from the 4th world and his mere presence was affecting the multiverse. A being like that losing to Doomsday is PIS. Anyway, have a good day.

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hunter/Prey Doomsday defeated Darkseid. For years, people have stated that it was an avatar, but Dan Jurgens stated that Hunter/Prey Doomsday defeated Darkseid simply because he was more powerful.

No Caption Provided

Now, I don't know how powerful Tyrant is. I only recall his fight with Thanos (and Thanos overpowered him). But, seriously doubt that this would be a walk in the park for either character.

Thanos ran away otherwise Tyrant would have killed him.DP Tyrant is near Odin if not equal.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@static_shock: I think jurgens wanted it to be the real ds but doesn't mean it makes sense that it was. I really never understand what people mean by depowered tyrant either. I don't see why tyrant can't just drain his energy?

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@static_shock: @caped_baldy: ithe idea was for this version of DD to be as OP as hell and auto-adapt/evolve to any threat instantaneously. avatar or not it should be seen as good showing for DD not a bad showing for DS

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterkungfu said:

@static_shock: @caped_baldy: ithe idea was for this version of DD to be as OP as hell and auto-adapt/evolve to any threat instantaneously. avatar or not it should be seen as good showing for DD not a bad showing for DS

Yeah i get it. But Jim Morrison put the real Darkseid well above DS tho.

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterkungfu: And here's him stating this. Morrison 'retconned' was Jurgens said. Not that i take Jurgens's word anyway.

No Caption Provided
oldwasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Tyrant should win easily. The deal with HP doomsday I believe is that doomsday would adapt and become immune to anything that didn't immediately kill him. I don't think tyrant even when de powered should have trouble killing doomsday though

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would take Tyrant over even HP/DD. Tyrant is well above Thanos or Darkseid, as he already edged out an amped Thanos.

MaZeRaIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Final Crisis darkeid ''fell'' from the 4th world and his mere presence was affecting the multiverse. A being like that losing to Doomsday is PIS. Anyway, have a good day.

What he said about Odin isn't even relevant, but okay.

You think Hunter/Prey Doomsday beating Darkseid is PIS. I don't, considering that Jurgens said about H/P Doomsday's natural immunity versus anyone he fights. I'll take the writer's word over yours. Thanks.

Exactly.

@masterkungfu: And here's him stating this. Morrison 'retconned' was Jurgens said. Not that i take Jurgens's word anyway.

No Caption Provided

Sadly, that doesn't indicate a retcon of what happened between Darkseid and H/P Doomsday...

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@static_shock:

"Everything we've ever seen before has been kind of projections from the world of the New Gods and for the first time we're seeing them in their full power."

I'm pretty sure this quote does indicate a retcon

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It doesn't.

If you check the fight between Doomsday and Darkseid, you'll notice that the fight took place on Apokolips. How is it that Doomsday defeated a projection of Darkseid on his own world? Add to the fact that Jurgens stated that if he wanted it to be an avatar, it would have been. I'm not convinced that it's a retcon, but a horrible attempt to do so.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@static_shock:

"Everything we've ever seen before has been kind of projections from the world of the New Gods and for the first time we're seeing them in their full power."

I'm pretty sure this quote does indicate a retcon

Pretty much. Static_Shock seems to believe that HP doomsday can no-sold the attack of a multiversal threat. I'm out of this.

Avatar image for emperorxhadesx420
EmperorxHadesx420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@static_shock: Should everyone take Dan Jurgens word for it?? Even if he's been wrong before??

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@static_shock: Should everyone take Dan Jurgens word for it?? Even if he's been wrong before??

Being wrong about one thing doesn't invalidate everything else.

But, to answer your question, everyone is free to believe what they want. I'm simply standing by what the writer said. Besides, it's all fiction at the end of the day. What I believe shouldn't really matter to anyone here.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm only going to get involved on the writer aspect of the fight.

Writers contradict one another. One writer may feel character X is king of the mountain while another believes character Y is. What a writer says on his blog may be insightful, but what actually is shown in the comics is what matters.

Feats>Statements, and it doesn't matter who is speaking, fan, editor or writer.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Writers contradict one another. One writer may feel character X is king of the mountain while another believes character Y is. What a writer says on his blog may be insightful, but what actually is shown in the comics is what matters.

Truth.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@risingbean said:

To be fair, Darkseid during final crisis showed that he's a multiversal level menace. At least his true form. Jim Morrison was pretty clear in the topic and since his storyline came up much later than Hunter/Prey. Dunno.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@caped_baldy: I'm not arguing Darkseid isn't. It may be an inconsistency or a retcon. I probably haven't read Final Crisis in full (Crossover events often get too big) and I definitely haven't read any of it anytime recently so I'll come into this thread as noob layman. Going by your description by the time of Final Crisis, Darkseid is some sort of eldritch abomination whose very existence is destroying the multiverse. (That's a really cool take on him, btw)

Whether or not feats can show Darkseid got an amp in the time between Hunter Prey and Final Crisis or if his lower showings are more likely to be an avatar is the question. I'd probably go with whatever made more sense based on the majority of Darkseid's appearances. I suppose you and @static_shock could make a debate of it. I'd be interested in learning more about it, I can say that.

I just weighed in because I've seen people run to writers or editors and use their comments as gospel on the site, even if said writer or editor is shown to be incorrect based on events depicted on panel.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

In the Pic that looks like the Doomslayer doomsday that can copy power and use it on a higher level then the character . Now since its Hp Doomsday i dont know what a depowered tyrant going to do

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Erm that's not what happened friend. It was more of the right place right time. Darkseid was actually killed prior to Final Crisis during Death of New God. At the time of Death he had acquired a special powers using the anti-life equation. The dead Darkseid made his way to Earth inside a human body, Dan Turpin. His whole quest was to be reborn on Earth. He wanted to enslave the whole of humanity, which he could not complete. He was eventually weakened by Batman and later killed by Superman.

It was this passing of the last vestige of the god and eventually creation of the next generation of new god is what caused that huge a collapse. It was not his power that was causing the said collapse so I am unsure why that would somehow affect something that happened before.