Doom Guy vs Halo 1-3

• 101 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a0c8d423f980
deactivated-5a0c8d423f980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Put Doomguy in Master Chiefs shoes in Halos 1-3

I am just wondering how Doomguy would fair against the covenant

Doomguy takes Arbiters missions as well

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are no health packs in Halo 2 and 3, so Doomguy goes down quickly in those. He might have a shot at the first game though.

Sirfizwhiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cpt_nice said:

There are no health packs in Halo 2 and 3, so Doomguy goes down quickly in those. He might have a shot at the first game though.

Since Halo Games are littered with weapons, I see no reason why Doomguy would not have access to Orbs and Berserker packs that are scattered everywhere.

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By cpt_nice

@sirfizwhiz: Because weapons and ammo =/= as health. In Halo there are health packs scattered everywhere, and for argument's sake I think these should work on Doomguy. But Halo 2 and 3 went the modern shooter route with rechargeable health if you go suck your thumb behind a wall somewhere.

The_Drifter_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's no superhuman experiment nor a war-hero.Those Chang heli were tearing right threw humans with no effort put in so doom guy goes down half way through the mission.

shadowrider78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By shadowrider78

the fact that doomguy in the novels rarely took breaks and most of the time was already half dead I'd say he could make it through,if he could singlehandedly take down hell and it's legions of demons(who are able to resurrect themselves infinitely mind you) and the devil and come out like it was a walk in the park then a few aliens wouldn't be a problem,doomguy has dealt with enough plasma based weaponry that it and radiation are his best buddy's and they rarely affect him anymore,he's been stabbed,beaten,shot at and blown up so many times that it'll just seem like a normal day to him.hell did you know that the only reason doomguy was able to go to hell in the first place was because he died?(yes it's true he died then managed to beat death at it's own game and come back to life because he's just that much of a badass and an op dude),he even managed to tank a explison which he himself stated was on the nitro level and what's stopping him from actually getting a suit just like the chief(pluse agumentations) to help him survive in the environments of halo and face off against their enemies.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don`t think he would do all too well within the Halo universe but I do think he could leave his mark on Halo 1.

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doom guy tbh dies, its stated multiple times John lives through sheer luck.

Avatar image for miraclecomeback
MiracleComeBack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doom guy solos

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doom guy dies

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He dies, he doesn't have cortana or intel on where to go or what to do. He gets some kills, mucks around a bit then gets blasted to bits by the scarab.

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doomguy dies. He doesnt have Cortana to guide him around, he cant tank half the stuff that Chief does and would get roughed up by higher level elites and murked by things like scarabs, phantoms and wraiths

Also the only reason Chief lives is sheer luck tbh. Its been stated multiple times in the verse he isnt the strongest fastest or smartest Spartan, and he isnt the best shot (although he is stated to be second in some of those regards) What he is, is the bravest and luckiest Spartan

Avatar image for scarlet_webster
Scarlet_Webster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doomguy dies

Dark-Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He might die halve way in halo CE

Avatar image for scarlet_webster
Scarlet_Webster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sc As you can clearly see up above, we've got a upset person which is why I tagged you

Reno117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Master Chief pwns!

Sly_141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Suicide Grunt FTW

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MErulezall

@thedoomguy666: It's very obvious that you are a Doomguy fan, you're lucky doomguy even stands a chance in halo. If he came to Mass effect's Universe or Starcraft's he'd be killed almost instantly. Doomguy is a total wimp too, I mean the guy only barely lived cause of "plot reasons." Just like MC.

shadowrider78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By shadowrider78

@merulezall: sorry to burst your bubble but he's the most badass man you can ever think of coming to save you from whatever predicament you are in and given the fact that he charged straight into literal hell without thinking about any of the consequences,it should be pretty obvious to see he's a puss and as for starcraft,given what doomguy has done and dealt with he would do pretty well,maybe not so well against the likes of kerrigan,nova (even though I think it's debatable) and the Templars but would be able to hold his own against anything ranging from a simple marine to a colossus/ultralisk the same might go for mass effect.

@thedoomguy666: mah brothah

and as for the rest that say doomguy dies.let me break it down for you(yes I have to much time on my hands),he dodges lasers http://www.doomworld.com/10years/doomcomic/comic.php?page=16. is capable of rivaling a cheetah in terms of speed http://antics.ryaib.com/doomguy/. He can punch a cyber demon to death with ease https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQgWh9c0_RA and if that doesn't satisfy you there here's another video as more proof https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFdHxK0DaVQ.doomguy can tank magical fireballs of unknown elements that don't even exist in his own universe but came from another dimension which apparently has hell in it and works with different forms of demonic magic as shown in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mCGVLIc9f0. doomguy casually dodging bullets and killing off zombies with a chainsaw http://www.doomworld.com/10years/doomcomic/comic.php?page=4.he's able to see pretty well in the dark without aid http://www.doomworld.com/10years/doomcomic/comic.php?page=5 http://www.doomworld.com/10years/doomcomic/comic.php?page=6. tanking a magical fireball in the face and walking it off http://www.doomworld.com/10years/doomcomic/comic.php?page=8.He's capable of tanking on a room full of demons and zombies easily http://www.doomworld.com/10years/doomcomic/comic.php?page=9. getting gorilla slammed down a 30 ft whole and landing in a huge shallow pool that is filled with acid,radiation and chemical wastes and he comes out just fine http://www.doomworld.com/10years/doomcomic/comic.php?page=10 http://www.doomworld.com/10years/doomcomic/comic.php?page=11. In the doom movie doomguy has an extra chromosome called the C-24 which makes his skin as tough as the chiefs armor and gives him a healing factor that's as fast as wolverines http://doom.wikia.com/wiki/Doom_(film).Doomguy's also capable of taking down and fatally injuring a full squad of fully trained and armed soldiers bare handed and killing their commanding officer in the process.

doomguy dodging a sniper bullet from a few meters away with ease when he encountered his first few zombies.

"It was Gunny Goforth and he was alive! "Gunny!" I shouted, ecstatic to have finally found another live one in this nightmare.He didn't answer; my God, that should have told me something.He raised his old .30-99 and aimed it right at my chest. I threw myself to the floor just as the bullet seared over my head."Damn you to hell!" I shouted, outraged that the universe had decided to foist a new, improved zombie on me. Too late; I'm sure he already was and me with him.This new horror seemed even more unfair than that crazy brown monster with the spikes.I'd settled into a nice, predictable pattern about what to do with zombies. No fair changing the rules now!Hey, Gunny, you're still a pal.He marched straight for me, no deviations, no ducking, no turning sideways to make a more difficult target. An obliging guy in his way. Of course, he was working the bolt on his sniper rifle, trying to blow my head from Phobos back to Earth. I didn't just lie on the floor, waiting for that unacceptable outcome. I had plans of my own.In life, Gunny Goforth could shoot--hell, could shoot the apple off a young Marine's head. In death, he shot better than all the other zombies.And he blinked.I rolled back and forth, waiting until he was ten meters away; then I shouldered the riot gun(shot gun) and squeezed.It was the biggest mess I'd made on this godforsaken rock of a moon so far. The splatter was sort of an artistic statement. But I must have gotten something in my eye. I kept blinking, but it wouldn't go away."(yes the doom novel is written in first person because it's doomguy who's telling the story about his own life.)

here you have doomguy encountering his first demon and a couple of feats showing off doomguys durability and strength.

"No sooner had this thought crossed my mind than a ton of bricks slammed into me from the right, knocking the 10mm pistol out of my holster and into the green toxin. Something had decided to run the experiment after all. The 10mm made a hissing sound as it disappeared from view. I didn't care. I had problems of my own.Flipping over, I struggled to get to my feet and bring my big Sig-Cow into play, if I could figure out what the hell hit me. The impact had blurred my vision. I stood up, dizzy, shaking my head. The figure that had hit me so hard stood just out of sight, in the shadows. I assumed it was another zombie, but a stronger one than I had encountered before.Then it cut loose with a hiss, and more of that clicking sound I had been hearing. Well, one little mystery solved.The strength in this zombie?inspired greater caution. I rolled my M-211 around and skated to the side, waiting for the creature to come to me.He did.As the large body moved into sight, I saw brown, leathery skin, rough like alligator hide, with ivory-white horns sticking out from chest, arms,and legs. The head was inhumanly huge, with maddened slits of red for eyes.It was a monster! It was a demon.Whatever the thing was, it was not stupid. It charged me, clawing for my throat with one set of nails while the other hand fended off my bayonet.That was the only good news; if it was afraid of my blade, then surely the alien would bleed if I stuck it.

If...

I stopped pushing and suddenly pulled with the monster, instead of against it. I fell backward, and four hundred pounds of leathery skin and iron muscle dropped on top of me and right onto my bayonet. With an inhuman scream that nearly ruptured my eardrums, the demon died, convulsing a few last times before instantly stiffening into what felt like a stone statue.My stomach heaved; shaking the body off me with more strength than I'd ever experienced before, I almost vomited on the very spot where blood pulsed out of the alien's belly wound."

doomguys leg slipping into a pool of acid then he walks off the pain after a few minuets.

"when I killed the monster, it evidently fell across a lift lever I hadn't noticed. I arrived at this conclusion because of the large, metal platform which finished lowering itself right in front of my nose. Beyond the lift was a brand new corridor I hadn't seen before.To enter or not to enter? That was as good a question as any I'd had all day. Staying behind meant facing inconceivable danger and unimaginable odds. Whereas going forward meant facing unimaginable danger and inconceivable odds. Or something.The corridor ahead had two appealing features: there were no slime pits and the light was brighter. The latter decided me. There had to have been some good reason to make the choice I made.I backed up and took a flying leap; fear lent my feet wings . . . but not jet engines, unfortunately. I landed short and teetered on the edge of the biggest pool of green crud in creation. I windmilled my arms ... if I hadn't stepped back, I would have fallen back.For a second all my foot felt was icy, icy cold, as if I'd stepped into liquid nitrogen. Then the pain struck. I tried to yank my foot free, but my muscles wouldn't respond!My leg was on fire from toe to thigh. I lurched forward, falling on my face; my foot was free of the toxin, but I shouted through clenched teeth.Fighting a suicidal impulse to grab my still-wet foot, I wrapped my arms around my gut instead. If a zombie or monster demon had stumbled across me then, it could have snuffed me with my blessing. It was minutes before the throbbing pain in my leg subsided. I scraped my foot against the floor,rubbing off as much of the toxin as I could; but my leg swelled tight and angry red inside my ruined boot.But at least, thank God, the pool was behind me.The new corridor seemed antiseptic and clean after what I'd just stepped in. If there were unpleasant odors, they didn't penetrate my visor.I followed the corridor until I came to a room on the right. Something made me hesitate about going in."

doomguy dodging a fire ball from one of the demons with ease and acknowledging their deadly aim and you can see him talking about the demon he had killed coming back meaning he was resurrected somehow by another demon.

"And when I looked up, my old friend was back, the crusty, brown monster with ivory-white spikes . . . and he'd brought his buddies. They watched me stagger to my feet, and they laughed.Then one of them wound up and threw something, some sort of mucus ball that burst into bloodred flames as it left the creature's hand. I dived across a burned zombie, and the flaming phlegm spun me buttocks over boots.I looked for a weapon, a glint of metal, a tube, something! But no,these demons were actually producing the fire with their bare hands . . .and their aim was deadly."

doomguy getting blasted by an explosive barrel that he states has 40 gallons of acid/chemical wastes and he also states that it is as explosive as nitro and casually walks it off like nothing.

"While I was thus occupied, I was blown off my feet by an explosion and searing heat right over my head. Opening my eyes to excruciating pain, I discovered I wasn't alone on the floor: whatever had blown me down got the nearest few zombies as well.Now the room was really filling up with at least a dozen zombies and three leathery demons . . . and again I dived to the side as a whirring,screaming hunk of steel buzzed my helmet. This time there was no mistake: it was a goddamned flying skull with flaming rocket ex- haust spewing out the back. It turned and banked, trying to mow me down and chew me up with razor-sharp, steel teeth, like one of those wind-up "chattering skulls" gone mad.

"Catching my breath, I risked running to the next pillar. This time a fireball almost fried me. There was just no way I could get to the demons from here without being toasted . . . and the shotgun range was too short to pop them where I crouched.While I dithered, I heard a whirring behind me, then a harsh, iron screech. Sure enough, the flying skull had sailed around the pillars and spotted me again.I can take care of you at least, you F/X reject! I whipped the riot gun around and fired from the hip, not even taking time to aim.It was the best mistake of my life.The little bugger skittered out of the way; I tried to track as I fired, and I popped one of the toxic barrels instead.It exploded with a terrific concussion, kicking me in the body armor like a mule and tearing off a chuck of my kevlar vest. The skull vanished in a spray of metal gears and exploding JP-5.I climbed shakily to my feet and padded toward the door, chastened by the awesome destructive power in those forty-gallon drums.I'd certainly changed my mind about green slime! Now that I knew the stuff was as explosive as nitro, finding it was like coming across another weapon."

doomguy begin able to figure out that there were secret doors hidden with in the walls of the base without having a map or any prior knowledge about the base.

"I ran, and this time I wasn't followed. After thirty heart-pounding seconds, I was alone with me, myself, and I. And somewhere along the route,I had stooped and grabbed a pack, one of Fox Company's but I had no memory of having done so.I was utterly lost. I silently cursed at being reduced to the Sig-Cow and wandered more or less aimlessly . . . terrified of shadows, where half an hour ago I stalked with confidence. With just a pistol and a semi-auto rifle, I avoided confrontation wherever I could.With no map, I wasn't sure what part of the plant I had reached; then I pushed through another of those trick doors I would have missed it had I not been sliding along the walls like a mouse and found the computer room.The lights were blinking on and off, just what I needed for a headache after everything else. When the light was on, it had a sickly blue-green color that didn't do my empty stomach any good.

"Back in the corridor, I found remains of a map on the wall. The Bad Guys evidently followed a plan, proven by destroyed radio gear and vandalized wall maps.I saw more evidence of some kind of strategy: on the wall, a map to the installation had been burned beyond recognition, while the space around it was only slightly singed. Whoever that other something or somebody was, it knew that more of us would be coming after it; it didn't want us to be able to find our way."

"My playmates found their way in; all I had to do was reverse the process. First thing was to hug the wall and make a nice, slow circuit of the big, ugly room.The damned monsters bothered me a lot less than the architecture changing on me. I'd never been in Phobos Base before, but I'd talked to guys down on Mars who knew these installations; there was no way this place hadn't undergone a change as bug-nut crazy as the demonic characters themselves.And what made that more upsetting than the monsters was the idea that the floor you walked on, the wall you brushed against, the damn place could turn on you and become something else. Like a cartoon world that suddenly turns everything into rubber . . . except you.If this kept up, Yours Truly was going to place his imagination on short rations.I leaned against the wall, and suddenly it was like those old Abbott and Costello movies back Earthside: the wall had a hidden door. I even tripped going through the blasted thing. In my mind a laugh track played and played and played.I fell into a new corridor, which I followed to a rising wall at the south end of the hall. There was another of those crazy platforms near at hand. Instinct told me to give it a wide berth, and who am I to argue with my most cherished faculty? When I reached the wall, I found another switch,which I flipped.The wall shooooshed up, revealing a down staircase; it was an encouraging sign the nuke plant was down another level or two, I vaguely remembered.

finding another hidden door without prior knowledge or a map.

"The only logical conclusion was that the arrow pointed the way out of he nuclear plant--the way Arlene San- ders had already gone. Like Arne Saknussen, she marked her own trail for all who followed.So why hadn't I found it? Same way Arlene missed the patio door: there had to be another hidden door nearby that I had missed.Third time's the charm. The damned door couldn't have been more than five feet from the one I had found. One good push and it was open, leading to a beautiful piece of straight, well-lit corridor that reached its end with a clean, massive metal door that had printed on it the welcome letters EXIT obviously a holdover from the plant's mundane days as a hangout for humans.

doomguy having some sort of spider sense with him

"Peripheral vision warned me something was definitely there; but when I turned to face it, all I saw was a blur.I was still debating when something big and fast knocked me on my ass.I still couldn't see it, but I figured any ghost that can knock you down is a ghost you can return the favor to.Jesus and Mary, did I miss that shotgun now! The wide blast dispersion was tailor-made for shooting something you can't see. But if the rifle was all I had, the rifle was what I'd use. I was a Marine, damn it and every Marine is a rifleman first."

doomguy basically being smart in his own way and showing off his super human skills.

"The trouble was that every time I made careful calculations about what I could do in terms of stamina, willpower, and even strategy, the old emotions got completely away from me. I'd thought I was a better Marine than this. Then again, they'd never trained us for a nonstop horror show.I needed a break. I needed to lie down for five minutes because my lower back was killing me and there was a muscle spasm in my right shoulder blade. A nice cold drink of water would have gone a long way toward cooling the fire in my brain. But seeing old Granddad's face on the umpteenth zombie was the latest straw breaking the latest camel's back.I couldn't shoot. I just couldn't! I grabbed it by its coveralls and shoved it backward with superhuman, adrenaline strength.It bowled over some of its buddies; then one in the back rank raised a lever-action rifle and tried to blow my fool head off.I slapped the deck face first, and the bullet scorched the air, blowing apart one of the zombies that had missed the turnoff a few seconds back,splattering the other two with what passes for zombie brains.The creatures went mad. That shot must have kicked their IFF off-line,because they opened up on their zombie brethren, who cheerfully returned fire. In seconds, every zombie was shooting wildly at anything that moved!I stayed very, very still, frozen on the ground, trying as hard as I could to look like a "dead" zombie.

more doomguys durability and aliens too.

"I expected to draw blood; I didn't expect an explosion. The ghost screamed and seemed to collapse; I wasn't sure. Then something hot and heavy pounded me from behind, and I finally tigged what had really happened: more damned fireballers! The first shot had missed me and killed my "ghost."I whirled around, diving sideways; two spikys, two zombies, one big barrel of sludge. Ignoring the monsters, I concentrated fire on the stationary barrel. It took a couple of rounds then exploded spectacularly.I wondered if my "intellectual" demon could spell KA-BOOM?"

"I fired a quick shell, dropping one; then the rest fell on me like ravenous in-laws. I dropped the shotgun to the ground and barely managed to swing my semi-auto Sig-Cow up to take the shock as the first alien hit me.The damned thing impaled itself on my bayonet--but it was too stupid to die! It clawed forward, stopped only by the bayonet hilt, and grabbed my padded shoulders with death-grip talons, dragging me back against the wall.Saved my hide, it did. The alien's broad back shielded me as its brethren flung their fiery, mucus wads; the fireballs burst, spraying flaming, red liquid that dribbled down my dance partner's legs to pool on the ground, lighting the room with a hellish, red glaze. I fired nine or ten times, finally blowing a hole clean through the alien ... a gory loophole through which I turned on the rest.I guess they refused to believe that the firewads weren't frying me;they stubbornly kept throwing them, ignoring the burning pool around the feet of the first, dead monster. I got lucky; two of the aliens jostled,then turned on each other, fang and claw. The weakened survivor fell to a single shot from my Sig-Cow . . . abruptly, I realized I was alone with two hundred kilos of alien brochette on my bayonet. What a life!"

"All of this made a lot of sense to me intellectually. Emotionally, I was willing to jettison honor, duty, and loyalty and run like a thief as I contemplated my first real swim in the toxic goo. Semper fi, Mac.I'd talked myself into wading through the toxin way up above, and the protective boots that were part of the armor sizzled like bacon on the griddle. But the material was plenty thick, and the corrosive liquid hadn't reached my tender flesh yet. And like last time, there was no way around the

horrible stuff.Arlene's arrow pointed across the pool. Grudgingly, I had to admit there was no way to proceed without a little swim.I was damned glad for the edge that blue face-sphere had given me when it exploded all over me, making me feel healthier than I have in years. If ever I needed that edge, it was now.I took a deep breath. Then I took a few more. Man, I did not want to do this! But it was the only way to get past a wall that blocked me from going any farther along the trail Arlene blazed; I had to go under the damned thing. Thinking of how much I hated monsters from beyond the stars, I splashed down.Only one advantage over before: this time, I was prepared for the freezing pain, so it wasn't quite as unexpectedly horrible. Just a throbbing ache that sapped my strength, leaving me enervated and gasping for breath.One way or the other, the swim wasn't going to last very long. The toxin glowed with an eerie, green phosphorescence, and the light helped a little.It showed me a metallic object that I would have missed otherwise.I snagged it in passing, a small, hand-sized television thing, showing a ghostly schematic.If I struggled, I could pretend the liquid was nothing but an algae-infested swimming hole I'd haunted as a kid. Yes, I wanted to think about water instead of the thick, toxic crap I was in right now.The wall did not extend all the way to the bottom of the pool. I pinched my nose, squeezed my eyelids tight, and ducked underneath. I was starting to tremble in the icy liquid; I felt sick, like a monster flu.Then I surfaced as fast as the law of buoyancy allows, grabbing the opposite catwalk, and the swim was over. Air never tasted better, even the stinking stuff in this place. Two or three breaths later, I put the breathing filter back in place. Too bad I hadn't had a full environment suit with its own oxygen supply, but I'd already regretted that absence before and nothing came of it. A Marine couldn't have everything."

and if you think that the doom demons and zombies are dumb then think again because they are capable of operating weapons that range from a simple pipe to a plasma rifle and in the novel they can even talk.(the demon in this conversation is severely injured by the way with his entire bottom half blown off)

"I leveled my shotgun at its head. "Die, you dumb animal," I said with a smile."Aaanimaaal," repeated the demon, "not. . ."I paused, startled. I didn't know they could talk. "You're right," I prodded, "at least animals kill you clean or leave you alone."It twisted its head all the way around to stare up at me while lying belly down on the floor. My stomach turned at the sight. "You are aanimaals when we fix planet."I curled my lip, but my heart leaped. Which planet was that? Mars? Or did the aliens' plan include Earth? "We'll mow you down as fast as you bubble up out of the sewers, you piece of filth."The alien monster laughed, opening its mouth wide enough to swallow a man's head. "Weee throw rocks . . . big rocks."The image was ludicrous; but I got a premonitory shudder. Somehow, I guessed the emphasis was on the word "big."Despite my better judgment, I was too intrigued for the moment by the sound of pure evil pleading its case. "Why haven't the others spoken to me?Can you all talk?"It opened its mouth wide, exposing gums full of squirming cilia and teeth that rolled and shifted position. "Not... all ssssame, like you-mans not sssame."The alien crawled on a bit farther. I don't think it was trying to escape; it knew that was impossible. I began to worry that it was leading me toward something. Ahead of me was a greenish stone wall carved in bas relief with a hideous, demonic face. Somehow, I doubted that was an original furnishing in the Phobos base of the Union Aerospace Corporation."How aren't we the same?" I prodded. I felt in my gut that I was on the verge of something important."Ssssome . . . fear," it gasped. Its face showed no sign of distress,but I knew from the shudder that wracked its body that it was very near death. "Othersss sssstrong . . . you ssstrong."Good Lord--was this alien thing admitting a grudging respect for Fly Taggart?"Few ssstrong, like you ssstrong . . . mosst good for ssslavesss.You-man ssslavesss."A thought buried deep behind my ears thrust itself forward. I wasn't too fatigued to pick up that slip of the tongue; even a tongue as thick and brutish as this one. Few strong--others strong . . . there must be other humans who were still themselves and still breathing! When hell came to Phobos, I had to keep hope locked up in a small space without a zip code.I kept a poker face; the monster might be smart enough to spot my eagerness at the possibility that one of the living might be Arlene.Any human survivor would change the Phobos situation dramatically:food and water were minor problems, but I could only operate so long without sleep. With no one to stand guard, giving in to exhaustion was suicide. But I couldn't keep going forever; and if I couldn't rest, all the ammo in the solar system would not save me."I'm touched by your concern for my survival," I said."Deal," he unexpectedly offered, ignoring the sarcasm. "You . . . live;you work; you help."All I had to do was work with the alien invaders and help them conquer the human race, and they might graciously allow me to live as a slave.Jesus, how tempting, I thought.I decided that I liked the ones who grunt better. What did these creeps want from me? "I've got a great idea. Why don't you tell me what the hell you're after?"The thing laughed. The sound grated on my nerves like a ripped bagpipe."Hell... we after," it declared. "Ssssurrender . . . help; you live,you-man."

"As a zombie?"

"You live, not deadwalk; you sssee othersss."

"What others? Who else survived? Did a girl survive?" Great, Fly; nice

and subtle. Does it even know what a girl is? Does it care?

"You help . . . you sssee othersss."I stared down at the loathsome thing. I knew I had gotten all the intel

from it that I could. "Let me answer," I said at last, "louder than mere words can do. Tell me if this is tough enough."Without another thought, I pointed the shotgun at the monster's upper chest and pumped a round at point- blank range. The alien jerked--then amazingly, stared up at me, still alive by a thread.The alien grimaced, facial muscles finally growing rigid. Then for a moment it relaxed. "We could eat anybody onccce," it declared. Then it stopped moving; even the cilia in its mouth stood up straight and froze. The demon was dead."

and here is another conversation with a zombie

"I can fight this war forever, I thought, rage starting to creep back.Then it struck me: I could fight this war forever, at least until I was finally blown away, and never even come close to figuring out what had happened here at Phobos Base.I had to take one of bastards "alive," if that was the right word.The plan flickered through my head between one shot and the next; and now that I finally had a plan, I was Light Drop Infantry again! Quickly, before she could adjust and acquire me, I bolted around the pillar, head-faked to the left, then cut right and hopped over the console.Zombie Girl swiveled the wrong direction, and before she could turn back, I swung the butt of my Sig-Cow into her temple.She dropped like bricks on Jupiter. The rifle sailed from her hands across the floor. I slung my own M-211 across my back, flipped her over and shoved my pistol in her mouth."What the hell's going on?" I demanded."Mmph hmmpb rmmph," she said. I pulled the gun out of her mouth, but she kept talking as if she had not even noticed it. "is the key. Gate is the key. Key is the gate. Coming. Kill you all."Zombie Girl's eyes shifted left and right; she was preternaturally strong . . . but not as strong as big Fly Taggart. My hand drooped as I stared at her, and she snapped at it like a rabid dog, trying to bite me.Abruptly, I realized why the zombies' eyes were so dry and their vision so bad: they never blinked.I pushed the pistol against her forehead. "If there's any piece alive inside of you, you know what this thing will do to your shriveled, little brains. What the hell is coming through the gate?""Great. Ones. Gate ones." She focused her eyes on me, seeming to see me for the first time. She didn't answer, but for a moment her face was filled with such torment that I could no longer stand the interrogation.I cocked the hammer; her eyes rolled up, looking over my head. "You want this?" I asked.Zombie Girl closed her eyes. It was the only kind of prayer left to her by the reworking that made her what she was.I closed my own eyes when I squeezed the trigger. The gunshot snapped me awake again; I jumped up, slid the Sig-Cow into ready position, and backed away from the undead dead.

another zombie conversation

"I almost felt relief when I ran into two more zombies. Now that I knew what to do, it was just some sickening sort of exercise. I only "killed" one of them; the other, I just popped its rifle, then shot out its knees and hips; I wanted it alive, maybe to answer some questions before I smashed in the curling mouth with the yellow teeth.I didn't recognize this one; it was a former UAC worker, used to be a man. It didn't have even as much mind left as had Zombie Girl; but this time, I let it babble for some time:"Big, coming through, big, Gate is the key, killing, killing, all the killing, coming through, coming to kill you all, the Gate is the key, the key, hell and damns is the key, coming through the Gate . . ."Phobos! Fear, fear, fear, fear, fear!"Coming to Phobos, coming from Phobos, crossing the Styx, pickup Styx,Styx is the key."I waited until it started repeating itself; after a moment, a chill crept down my neck: the thing was repeating itself exactly, like a tape loop. Suddenly more scared than I had been in hours, I put it out of its misery (and mine).

here you can see that the lesser demons and zombies do have some form of intelligence other than them being able to handle weapons that range from a simple pipe to a plasma rifle.

"The breathing stopped.Pure instinct took over. Soldiers sometimes take a sharp breath just before attacking . . . some hold their breath as the floodgates open,releasing enough adrenaline to turn coward into hero.The monster attacked so quickly I couldn't have gotten a shot off even if my Sig-Cow hadn't jammed.Whatever the thing was, it was not stupid. It charged me, clawing for ray throat with one set of nails while the other hand fended off my bayonet.That was the only good news; if it was afraid of my blade, then surely the alien would bleed if I stuck it."

"but I wasn't about to turn around and take a head count.I ducked into an open doorway, then turned like Custer at bay. Three of the creatures shambled past, not even noticing me the fourth was not so obligingly stupid. It pushed through the doorway, and I raised the shotgun.Just before I turned that face into an explosion of red, something about it reminded me of my grandfather. I wish that hadn't happened. I was doing all right until then."

"My footsteps echoed so loudly, they sounded like mortars. I was glad when I reached the first open space, if only because the echoes wouldn't be deafening. The kind of stone forming the floor changed, and the higher ceiling gave the sound somewhere to go.I was at the edge of a huge room, shrouded in darkness except for a couple of shafts of bright light shining through glass skylights. I don't know whether there were spots behind the glass or whether I was seeing actual daylight; but the squares of brilliance lit up two spots as bright as freeway construction sites.One of the two bright-lit squares contained a table; on top of the table was an AB-10 machine pistol. God, did I want that pistol! I could almost taste it. I stared from the doorway, trying to estimate the odds that the pistol was bait for a trap; I kept getting an unacceptably high probability.Turning in the opposite direction, I crept along the wall, rolling each step, just as they'd taught us in SERE School and SurvInfil. Every few steps I stopped abruptly, listening for someone shadowing my footsteps.I tracked the wall to the left, followed it for a right turn, and finally approached a hulking machine of some sort that almost touched the wall, leaving a slight gap. I slid through the gap as silently as I could and poked my head out.What I saw made me smile grimly. Behind a pile of boxes, ten feet past the machine pistol, were no fewer than a dozen of those brown spinys who would never make Smokey the Bear's Christmas list. They were hiding behind the boxes, staring greedily at the well-lit gun and waiting for someone stupid enough to march up and try to grab it.Allow me to introduce myself, . .I let my new shotgun dangle, shouldering the mini- rocket-launcher instead."

"Turning a corner in the corridor, I saw more evidence of some kind of strategy: on the wall, a map to the installation had been burned beyond recognition, while the space around it was only slightly singed. Whoever that other something or somebody was, it knew that more of us would be coming after it; it didn't want us to be able to find our way."

"It took only a few minutes to establish that all the equipment was in working order except for the communications system, which was smashed into nonexistence."

He does all of this without a single power up or artifact to back him.If he's able to take his artifacts and powerups to the halo verse then man he'll just end up stomping so hard that it won't even be funny.

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By MErulezall

@shadowrider78: First of all, I dont like halo, in fact I've argued against it quite a bit. Second of all, you're lucky this isnt Commander Shepard vs Doomguy that'd be a stomp in CS favor. Thirdly Hes not the baddest of the bad, Artanis is, and he'd get stomped. I dont even debate with you, because clearly you are very biased indoomguy's favor.

@thedoomguy666 Again, Shepard would win, Doom has nothing on Biotics. Shepard has weaponry and Biotics to win this.

@jedixman Oh look jedi, you going to let these twop guy slide on? No warning, or anything? Interesting.

shadowrider78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@merulezall: first off when did I say that he was better than Artanis and how does saying that it is debatable whether doomguy can take on kerragian,nova and the templars make me biased?,you're the one who states that he'll get stomped when you barely know a single thing about him,the only people here that are biased are you and whoever says that doomguy would die in the halo universe without even bothering to do research on doomguy or even wanting to know anything about him,how does stating facts and supporting them make me biased when no one has even tried to counter what I've said.Second off no one said anything about doomguy vs commader shepard so I have no idea why you're even bringing that up,either way it's obviously biased and you probably haven't even read a single thing that was in my last post and please stop pulling shit out of your ass and stick to the main subject which is doomguy in the chiefs shoes.If people are going to start complaining about him using game mechanics to boost his feats then all I'm going to say is this,deal with it,,doomguy is a video game character with no cutscences so the only place to look for feats is gameplay.Don't like it then don't debate it's that simple and that pretty much goes for any other video game character who relies on gameplay for feats.I'm actually really happy now that a new doom game is being released so that this generation of people and beyond can finally know who's the most badass person ever created in the history of FPS gaming and that he can finally rise from the dumps people have placed him in just because they have no idea he even existed or never even bothered to search for what he could do.I don't care if you don't want to have a civil debate with me,for all I care,you can stick to your biased claims because it's pretty obvious that I won't get anywhere with you and please stop trying to use mods for your own personal gain, TheDoomguy666 only posted facts to prove a point which no one even bothered to counter and everyone just strait up insulted him,well I guess that's what you should expect from one of the worst fanbases that's next to COD and all the other horrible fanbases out there.I'd really hate to see the starcraft and mass effect fanbase stoop that low as they are such good games and don't deserve the hate that people will give them later on in the future because of people like you.

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By MErulezall

@shadowrider78:

TheDoomguy666 only posted facts to prove a point which no one even bothered to counter and everyone just strait up insulted him,well I guess that's what you should expect from one of the worst fanbases that's next to COD and all the other horrible fanbases out there

Right, no one responded, because they are simply coming into this thread and giving their opinion and bouncing out. It's honestly that simple.

Also insulted him, dude are you even reading what people wrote, no one responded to him, and those that did didn't insult him he started to sling insults directly at other users which is why he got a warning....

Lastly, fanbases? Dude I dont even like halo as I've already stated, again and Ill state it; I dont like halo! Ive argued against halo with mass effect,star wars, and starcraft. Dont even pull that card at all. Its not our fault MC stacks up higher than Doomguy, and the fanbase has nothing to do with it.

first off when did I say that he was better than Artanis

When you said this...

sorry to burst your bubble but he's the most badass man you can ever think of coming to save you from whatever predicament you are in and given the fact that he charged straight into literal hell without thinking about any of the consequences

Unless you're gonna be super technical and claim "but i said man not alien". Point is there are more BAMFs out there, period. But please wank up your sci fi.

and how does saying that it is debatable whether doomguy can take on kerragian,nova and the templars make me biased?

@tparks Look at this guy, he thinks its debatable that doomguy has a chance against Nova or Sarah lol.

Dude it makes it biased because Nova and Sarah would one shot him, period.

I'd really hate to see the starcraft and mass effect fanbase stoop that low as they are such good games and don't deserve the hate that people will give them later on in the future because of people like you.

Stoop down? Dude don't even start man, the fanboys so far for doomguy have been total tools. I mean seriously the guy you just backed up literally came in here and got a warning because of how he was acting, so dont even start how us fanboys for both sci fis are acting when we've provided nothing but logic to our arguments in the past. Its not my fault you lack knowledge to where its laughable when stating such instances, its really just as bad as you claiming I don't know jack about doomguy.

People like me, please save me the whole "im a terrible person." I haven't even came close to hating on Doom series, stop jumping to conclusions and making statements that are simply false. Which is why I skipped almost everything you said, because its honestly crying and not even a debate/argue essay.

People like you however will be so sensitive and cry about every time their sci fi is told it doesn't beat another. If we were to do a warhammer space marine vs Doomguy I'm sure your doomguy whom would have zero knowledge about SM's would state Doomguy wins, because he beat "demons and the devil!" Thats the real crime, fanboys and fanbases like you just can't accept that some sci fis are simply stronger than the ones you enjoy. Because so far youre both sounding almost just as bad as the MK fanbase, which is really terrible on this site.

Regardless I dont hate doom I enjoyed the first three games, looking forward to the next game in 2016, the movie was terrible, and I dont like its fans due to obvious reasons.. aka people lie you and thedoomguy666

P.S people like you two should refrain from posting on threads similar to this, it obvious youre feelings towards doomguys are hurt by people "insulting" you both even though that never happened.....

shadowrider78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By shadowrider78

Also insulted him, dude are you even reading what people wrote, no one responded to him, and those that did didn't insult him he started to sling insults directly at other users which is why he got a warning....

you don't have to flick someone off or say fuck you in order for it to be an insult if you hadn't noticed,the first dude replied saying that doomguy still dies without giving a single reason as to why he would die and you replied by calling him a wimp due to "game mechanics" which are one big obvious reason as to why doomguy is capable of clearing as he strongly depends on them whether you like it or not and everyone else just strait up ignored him just because they are either to lazy to give a good reason or because they think way too highly of the chief which in other words is being just a plain fanboy.

Its not our fault MC stacks up higher than Doomguy, and the fanbase has nothing to do with it.

stacks up higher? in what? the only thing to note about MC is that he survived a fall from space,and even that is an incomplete feat as he didn't actually take the fall himself but was saved by armor lock which softened the fall along with the piece of metal he was holding on too and everything else that was major was either cortana's doing or someone else's doing with the chief being the clean up crew. speed? the fastest the chief has ever gone was 105 MPH which caused him to break his heel and vowing to never run at that speed again. durability? compare known alienized weaponry(which is pretty much the same as the human weaponry in halo despite being a bit more advanced) to unknown magic that came from a godforsaken place that is in another dimension which managed to warp itself into doomguys dimension along with the demons and other monsters, and tell me which is more dangerous. intelligence? doomguy managed to find a way out of more than one maze which he himself has stated in the quot I posted was like a cartoon world,he even had the smarts to be able to find more than one hidden door without having prior knowledge it even existed,the only thing we know about the chief is that he is able to process info at high speeds which doesn't mean anything. survivability? that's obviously a no brainer it would go to doomguy for the simple fact of taking on demons that came from "the" hell single handedly and without any form of help like the chief who has cortana to literally do everything for him.

Lastly, fanbases? Dude I dont even like halo as I've already stated, again and Ill state it; I dont like halo! Ive argued against halo with mass effect,star wars, and starcraft. Dont even pull that card at all.

and when did I say you were part of the halo fabase again? oh wait I never did say you were part of them now did I?

When you said this...

so let me get this strait,when someone says that one person is better than another person it automatically makes it a fact? if you are going to run on that logic and many people actually follow you into it then this place is doomed.

Dude it makes it biased because Nova and Sarah would one shot him, period.

if you actually did play the games like you said you did then you should know that he does have a chance,maybe not feat wise but with abilities and weapons like the ones he has from all 3 games (especially from the games) plus the novels and movie would allow him to contend and pull off a couple of wins,you pretty much not thinking it through and keeping your mind set on him losing to TK or just a simple sniper shot when he is already capable of tanking a shotgun blast to the face at point blank range and still shrug it off is all biased on it's own.

Stoop down? Dude don't even start man, the fanboys so far for doomguy have been total tools.

so we are tools just for supporting a misunderstood character,a character who is refused to be acknowledged just because of a the simple fact of "someone has also done it" that's just like saying superman's feats shouldn't be acknowledge because there are others who are capable of pulling off the same things as he can.

I mean seriously the guy you just backed up literally came in here and got a warning because of how he was acting

do you think he would act the way he did if you,oh I don't know actually thought things out and not randomly come acting as if this shouldn't be a debate in the first place which honestly is really disrespectful,he even took the time to give you reasons as to why he says doomguy is capable of clearing and he gets called a biased fanboy because of it,I don't care if these reasons mean anything to you or not even though they should as someone who most people consider to be captain america level or maybe lower taking down literal hell and the devil with weaponry that look like they would be used in WWII is really big,if you're just gonna call them weak then I need an explanation on how the demons managed to conquer all of earth in a short matter of days,there is literally nothing called "plot reasons"because everything whether fiction or real happens for a main reason,that's why we have theories which end up coming true in the end(most of them anyway).The main point is that it's disrespectful to not even take into account what someone has said and call him/her a fanboy when they are only posting feats and proof to support what their character can do.

People like me, please save me the whole "im a terrible person." I haven't even came close to hating on Doom series, stop jumping to conclusions and making statements that are simply false. Which is why I skipped almost everything you said, because its honestly crying and not even a debate/argue essay.

Doomguy is a total wimp too, I mean the guy only barely lived cause of "plot reasons." Just like MC.

If he came to Mass effect's Universe or Starcraft's he'd be killed almost instantly.

so as you can see what I said wasn't false at all and let me get this strait,you're telling me that if a person posts facts and feats about the character is just crying? alright got it,well you heard it here first ladies and gentlemen all of you who are providing facts,feats and links/posts supporting them are all crying and aren't even arguing. If you are going to get technical and tell me that it's not in essay form or tell me that I haven't explained anything is just going to make me face-palm all the videos and texts I provided are all self explanatory,unless you're to dumb to be able see that.

People like you however will be so sensitive and cry about every time their sci fi is told it doesn't beat another.

yeah....so far,you're the only one here who's crying and calling us biased fanboys just because we have posted accurate proof and reasons as to why doomguy wins which you refuse to acknowledge just because you don't like to accept the fact that someone like doomguy is capable of clearing or winning against some other person or universe without the need of having a super power or really OP armor/weapons or items from his universe,You on the other had haven't even provided the slightest reason as to why he would lose and just stated it like it's a known fact which pretty much proves how biased you are.Tell me have you ever even thought of what would happen if doomguy got his hands on halo tech and power ups,or even just simple training?if not then I'm going to leave you to think about it.

If we were to do a warhammer space marine vs Doomguy I'm sure your doomguy whom would have zero knowledge about SM's would state Doomguy wins, because he beat "demons and the devil!"

and yet here he had already proved he knows sufficient info about halo along with his reason as to why doomguy wins and who are you to say that he has zero knowledge about SM,just because he hasn't joined in an argument concerning them doesn't mean he knows nothing.If you are trying to use my own statement of you not knowing anything about doom against me then you should forget it as you have already proven you know nothing in your previous comments by not even taking into account what abilities he has,never mind his feats just his abilities are enough to have enough proof for him to be capable of pulling off a win.

I dont like its fans due to obvious reasons..

like the fact we actually acknowledge doomguys feats and toss them in the garbage can just because someone had also done the same thing,or is it just because of the fact that we have taken the time to do research on a character that no one cares about it could be something other than those to but I don't care since like I said last time,I won't get anywhere with you so don't even bother replying after this.

it's obvious youre feelings towards doomguys are hurt by people "insulting" you both even though that never happened.....

let me put this in a perspective you'd understand,you're character(one that you support really well) is placed in a vs battle against someone or some universe in which you know he's capable of clearing or winning and when you waste your time showing everyone what he can do no one even bats an eye at it and they all constantly say he dies/fails without even giving a reason or just because they think to highly of that character and then when you try to reason with them in a simple way you get called a biased fanboy,that's an insult all on it's own and I'm pretty sure you would feel insulted and if not then you really shouldn't be debating because you're not dedicated to backing up your own character and views on him/her despite everyone going against it.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Master Chief wins.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doomguy doesnt even beat halo 1.

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

@reno117: @noone301994:

This is not even a fight , OP putting Doom guy in the Halo game and saying if he can clear.

That said if he awarded the same gameplay mechanics and plot devices that Chief had, he could clear Halo 1. He does not have a space suit so he instagibs there.

Halo 2 and 3 he can't clear he does not have a space suit so he instagibs there , and he never had regenerated health.

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Jestersmiles

@killerwasp said:

If he awarded the plot device that is Cortana telling chief where to go he can clear 1. There nothing in one he can't overcome. Now due to not having a spacesuit he can't clear the squeals. He dies in those.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think he can clear Halo 1 given the right equipment. The flood might be too much for Doom Guy.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedoomguy1993: Best of reasons, dude i havent been on much, and the last guy i encountered on Doom provided nothing but bs reasons as well. Why should we go to HE'll if I just came into the thread?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jestersmiles said:
@killerwasp said:

If he awarded the plot device that is Cortana telling chief where to go he can clear 1. There nothing in one he can't overcome. No due to not having a spacesuit he can't clear the squeals. He dies in those.

I disagree reasons are down below,

1. PoA Only lasted as long as it did due to cortana, while being chased in space, so technically chances are hes going to die on the PoA alone are huge, not necessary due to the small covenant boarding parties, but mostly due to the PoA no longer having Cortana and thus falling short. However If he somehow lives though.....
  2. He dies on halo due to Covenant weaponry which has proven to have the ability to kill chief, but tbh doesnt because of "plot"
  3. Flood, no energy shields = death, period.
  4. Without Cortana, he can't possibly know whats going on halo, thus halo either fires it ring thus killing doomguy and everyone within the radius of the shot or wave, or even if he somehow figured it out, cortana was needed to fix MC's suit which had shields to counter balance the things u needed that would be caused to override those things.
  5. Lastly I doubt he'd allow the covenant and flood to wear each other out to super thin forces, which is exactly what Chief did. He didnt even try to fight them he was patient and waited till both forces were left with only but a hand full of troops and he'd go from there on, and due to lack of motion tracker he will get killed by such, as even john with a glitch of his system for just a second a flood snuck up behind him and wacked him sending the spartan IIRC meters apart. 50 caliber rounds did jack to this said flood as it didnt even face the being, and it was only a human one not even an infected elite one.

With that said this is just only halo 1 not even halo 2 and 3 lol

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Jestersmiles

@jestersmiles said:
@killerwasp said:

If he awarded the plot device that is Cortana telling chief where to go he can clear 1. There nothing in one he can't overcome. No due to not having a spacesuit he can't clear the squeals. He dies in those.

I disagree reasons are down below,

1. PoA Only lasted as long as it did due to cortana, while being chased in space, so technically chances are hes going to die on the PoA alone not necessary due to the small covenant boarding parties, but mostly due to the PoA no longer having Cortana and thus falling short. If he somehow lives though.....
  2. He dies on halo due to Covenant weaponry which has proven to have the ability to kill chief, but tbh doesnt because of "plot"
  3. Flood, no energy shields = death, period.
  4. Without Cortana, he can't possibly know whats going on halo, thus halo either fires it ring thus killing doomguy and everyone within the radius of the shot or wave, or even if he somehow figured it out, cortana was needed to fix MC's suit which had shields to counter balance the things u needed that would be caused to override those things.
  5. Lastly I doubt he'd allow the covenant and flood to wear each other out, and due to lack of motion tracker he will get killed by such, as even john with a glitch of his system for just a second a flood snuck up behind him and wacked him sending the spartan IIRC meters apart. 50 caliber rounds did jack to this said flood as it didnt even face the being, and it was only a human one not even an infected elite one.

With that said this is just only halo 1 not even halo 2 and 3 lol

Agree with everything but 2, I did say he should get awarded the same plot armor/devices as chief in the interest of fairness. With that said with no proper shields the flood would own him.

So I say he can do some damage in 1 but that all.

Agree with Halo 2 and 3 being a no go for him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jestersmiles: Again 2 has killed all other spartans but MC well not all, but you know what I mean with a few hits. Plot should not be with doomguy at all.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedoomguy1993: This is why no responds to doomguy fans, If it was all covenant vs hell... Hell would lose end of story. Come at me bro, dont be scared to tag me. Ill clown you with this garbage argument.

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedoomguy1993: This is why no responds to doomguy fans, If it was all covenant vs hell... Hell would lose end of story. Come at me bro, dont be scared to tag me. Ill clown you with this garbage argument.

Hey not fair I am a doom fan, don't put in the same group as that guy :(.