Defenders team vs Sinister Six team

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By owie  Moderator

Following up on my Avengers team vs a Sinister Six team, here's a Defenders team, with members taken from throughout their existence, against that same mix of Sinister Six members:

Dr. Octopus, Kraven, Lizard, Vulture, Electro, and Hobgoblin

vs

Beast, Manslaughter, Gargoyle, Andromeda, Nighthawk, and Devil-slayer

(quick rundown on the Defenders' powers, since they're mostly more obscure: Beats, obviously agility and strength; Manslaughter, can't be seen through peripheral vision, which works out to near-invisibility, plus assassin skills; Gargoyle, fear and concussive blasts and life-draining; Andromeda, 14 tonner and fast enough to outrun her own thrown spear; Nighthawk, maybe 1 tonner at night plus lasers in wings; Devil-slayer: cloak can wrap people like tendril, teleport through cloak, telepathic/telekinetic, pull any weapon out of cloak)

Classic versions of Sinister Six; Kraven has a net, machete, throwing knives, bolo, and poisoned blow darts; Hobgoblin is Macendale’s demon form and has his glider and standard bag of bombs and stuff.

Classic versions of the Defenders. Manslaughter is armed with a sword and pistol, Andromeda is armed with her spear, Devil-slayer starts off with an axe but can trade in his weapon through his cloak at any time.

In character. Win by any means.

Battle takes place starting at 50’ in a depopulated new-car sales lot at night.

Who wins and why?

Doctor Octopus
Doctor Octopus
Kraven
Kraven
Vulture
Vulture
Lizard
Lizard
Elektro
Elektro
Hobgoblin
Hobgoblin
Beast
Beast
Manslaughter
Manslaughter
Gargoyle
Gargoyle
Andromeda
Andromeda
Nighthawk
Nighthawk
Devil-slayer
Devil-slayer

Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 3

@owie: you went full obscure... never go full obscure.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 owie  Moderator

It's my greatest weakness :)

Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 3

@owie said:
@warlockmage said:

from what very little i know of team 2 (excluding Gargoyle who i know nothing about at all) i dont think anyone could match Lizard

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 owie  Moderator

@owie said:
@warlockmage said:

from what very little i know of team 2 (excluding Gargoyle who i know nothing about at all) i dont think anyone could match Lizard

He would be a challenge. Andromeda and Lizard are probably about the same strength and speed. He's got his healing factor, while she has skill. She could outfight him, but keeping him down at all would be a different story. She'd probably need to keep him busy as long as possible, then hope for either Gargoyle to come in with his various blasts, or Devil-slayer to use his TK to incap by keeping Lizard levitated in the air, or his cape to BFR him.

Overall, you'd probably want to match up the more standard physical fighters something like Lizard-Andromeda, Ock-Beast, Kraven-Manslaughter, then Vulture-Nighthawk of course, and then Elektro-Gargoyle and Hobgoblin-Devil-slayer.

Each fight would be a real challenge for the Defenders to win.