Deathstroke Vs Taskmaster

GerardDuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Sorry guys just realised this was done before didnt find it first time I checked

Costy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Taskmaster

Avatar image for allhailskeletor
AllHailSkeletor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deathstroke

Avatar image for deactivated-5d86fd79c2e73
deactivated-5d86fd79c2e73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Taskstroke/Deathmaster.

ForklifterMatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty good matchup but Taskmaster will probably win.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By NeonGameWave

Taskmaster wins.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@acrokat: Deathtask/Strokemaster ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Avatar image for elijah_c_washington
Elijah_C_Washington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on the version of Slade.

Avatar image for bullet_to_the_head
Bullet_to_the_Head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Taskmaster more times then not

AllHailSkeletor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Elijah_C_Washington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allhailskeletor said:

@elijah_c_washington: I think either pre or new 52 Slade should handle it.

Pre-Flashpoint Slade would take it without a doubt in my opinion. And while current Slade definitely has physicals over Tony, so far he's not even remotely close to Tony's skill level. It's debatable and I could see either winning.

AllHailSkeletor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AllHailSkeletor

@elijah_c_washington: Really I would consider current Slade above Tony in skill level. Even now after he's younger.

Elijah_C_Washington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AllHailSkeletor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Elijah_C_Washington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allhailskeletor said:

@elijah_c_washington: In terms of h2h he's shown alot. His swordsmanship hasn't been alot though.

Not really. He stalemated Batman, which is decent considering he was both physically and mentally impaired, but that's not really enough to put him in the same class as Tony.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not overly familiar with post Flashpoint Slade. However, like has always been my point with Taskmaster, someone who can only copy the styles of others will likely lose to a superior fighter who can invent or adjust on the fly.

AllHailSkeletor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By AllHailSkeletor

@elijah_c_washington: It was more of a win but barely. Not only was he sick from ich-ing but Harley Quinn at one point jumped in and helped batman by bashing Deathstroke on the back of the head with her mallet. But Deathstroke still came out on top. He even stated he would normal have him down on three moves, and even new 52 Bruce is superior to Tony. Tony can copy moves but he's still not as experienced or skilled as someone like batman or Deathstroke.

Plus Damian had to pay Slade to spare him and his friends after they fought. And there's a bunch of other h2h feats Slade had in his 2012 series, such as fighting all those ninjas on a train and all the people in that bar. Etc. I could go on.

Elijah_C_Washington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allhailskeletor said:

@elijah_c_washington: It was more of a win but barely. Not only was he sick from ich-ing but Harley Quinn at one point jumped in and helped batman by bashing Deathstroke on the back of the head with her mallet. But Deathstroke still came out on top. He even stated he would normal have him down on three moves, and even new 52 Bruce is superior to Tony. Tony can copy moves but he's still not as experienced or skilled as someone like batman or Deathstroke.

Plus Damian had to pay Slade to spare him and his friends after they fought. And there's a bunch of other h2h feats Slade had in his 2012 series, such as fighting all those ninjas on a train and all the people in that bar. Etc. I could go on.

While Deathstroke did have the advantage in the end, he was still physically superior and he was playing to Batman's emotions. I'd disagree with New-52 Bruce being superior to Tony, but that's a pretty debatable fight, and that actually does sway me more into thinking that current Slade could beat Tony.

I'd personally count Damian standing up to Slade like he did as PIS. However, James Bonny confirmed on Twitter that the 2012 series is an entirely different reality than current Slade.

AllHailSkeletor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@elijah_c_washington: Well to be fair Damian wasn't really his target if I remember and Deathstroke just kinda had to deal him more then actually fight him.

When did James Bonnie do that? Because all the history with, suicide squad and rose and grant and almost everything else that happened in 2012 series is referenced and carries over to 2015 Slade.

Elijah_C_Washington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allhailskeletor said:

@elijah_c_washington: Well to be fair Damian wasn't really his target if I remember and Deathstroke just kinda had to deal him more then actually fight him.

When did James Bonnie do that? Because all the history with, suicide squad and rose and grant and almost everything else that happened in 2012 series is referenced and carries over to 2015 Slade.

On Twitter, when I asked him if Grant supposedly being killed by Midnighter was a story he planned to expand on, and he said that was in a different reality and he doubted it.

AllHailSkeletor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By AllHailSkeletor

@elijah_c_washington: Killed by midnighter??? I don't know this story, I remember him being killed by Slade and also mutting Joseph in the process..

Elijah_C_Washington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allhailskeletor said:

@elijah_c_washington: Killed by midnighter??? I don't know this story, I remember him being killed by Slade and also mutting Joseph.

It's in the Legacy Arc, you can probably find it online. It's literally a single panel of Midnighter and then an explosion.

AllHailSkeletor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By AllHailSkeletor

@elijah_c_washington: Huh I'm gonna definitely check that out now. Never knew that happened thank you.

Elijah_C_Washington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

shadiezz2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By shadiezz2012

@allhailskeletor: Deathstroke also tried to play with Batman emotions to through him of his game because he didn't want this fight to keep going ...so Harley Quinn little moment is no more different than what Deathstroke did when he told Batman about his son to through him of his game.

no one won that fight.

He even stated he would normal have him down on three moves,

He could state that all day like it's true but that have never been the case when they fought each other

both are tie in wins over each other

1-1

but i also agree with you on this

and even new 52 Bruce is superior to Tony. Tony can copy moves but he's still not as experienced or skilled as someone like batman or Deathstroke.

Helicoprion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

AllHailSkeletor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadiezz2012: I don't know if I'd call him talking about his son playing with Batmans emotions. Batmans one of the strongest willed and smartest people. And that doesn't really stack up to Slade being poisoned and surprised attacked by Harley.

Slade did have bruce pinned at the end and have more hits but I'll compromise and say no one truly won. After all it wasn't fair really on either side. The fight seemed more like the writer felt obligated to put a Batman v. Deathstroke scene.

But I'm glad to see someone agrees with me on something lol.

shadiezz2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By shadiezz2012

@allhailskeletor:

Yeah, That fight was amazing BUT should not happened in the first place

but if you remember Batman did stop and thought about what Slade was saying because Batman can understand since he have a son too ...so that made Batman a little softer on Slade.

Anyway,that's about the only thing i disagree with here :)

Avatar image for bullet_to_the_head
Bullet_to_the_Head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol, N52 Batman is not above Tony in Skill, that's so funny it must be a joke

Nathaniel_Adam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Deathstroke wins due to better damage output/soak.

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New-52 Slade wins in a tough fight. Pre-52 Slade definitely loses.

Elijah_C_Washington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@llehdevil said:

You've got it backwards.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@llehdevil said:

You've got it backwards.

Really? Mind explaining me why, kind sir?

Elijah_C_Washington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@llehdevil said:

@elijah_c_washington said:

@llehdevil said:

You've got it backwards.

I fail to see how current Deathstroke can beat Tony. Tony is faster in combat and way more skilled. Even prior to learning double-speed he was keeping pace with Daredevil and Spider-Man, and afterwards he blitzed a guy who could catch a bullet, even while Tony himself was bleeding out. Deathstroke's stronger and more durable, but Tony has dealt with strength advantages in the past and has Slade has been brought down by being stabbed in the chest by Bronze Tiger in Deathstroke #6.

Pre-Flashpoint Slade, on the other hand, is faster in combat, stronger, more durable, and has better gear than Tony in addition to being significantly more skilled and having a massively faster healing factor than his current self.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@llehdevil said:

@llehdevil said:

You've got it backwards.

I fail to see how current Deathstroke can beat Tony. Tony is faster in combat and way more skilled. Even prior to learning double-speed he was keeping pace with Daredevil and Spider-Man, and afterwards he blitzed a guy who could catch a bullet, even while Tony himself was bleeding out. Deathstroke's stronger and more durable, but Tony has dealt with strength advantages in the past and has Slade has been brought down by being stabbed in the chest by Bronze Tiger in Deathstroke #6.

Pre-Flashpoint Slade, on the other hand, is faster in combat, stronger, more durable, and has better gear than Tony in addition to being significantly more skilled and having a massively faster healing factor than his current self.

• Double speed is a huge deal but for Tony to catch a bullet, doesn't he need gloves from UDON to be able to do that? (Correct me if I'm wrong.)
  • I feel like Slade was jobbing there against Tiger, and is just a low showing, although his suit/durability has weakness which could easily sway it in favor to Tony.
  • I don't know if Pre-Flashpoint was more durable and fast, when this Slade tanked missles, and was blitzing soldiers in combat
  • Better gear? New-52 is more regular with Nth
  • I still think New-52 Slade is more durable because of missile tanking and tanking head-on attacks from 5-10 ton bricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deathstroke.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: Interesting, how do you think Pre-52 Deathstroke wins?

Elijah_C_Washington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@llehdevil:

• Double speed is a huge deal but for Tony to catch a bullet, doesn't he need gloves from UDON to be able to do that? (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

That was literally never stated. Him being able to catch a bullet was confirmed by the 2006 handbook, and he has blocked bullets with a chain and caught Black Widow's stingers, which have been confirmed to travel at bullet-speeds.

Keep in mind, I was citing him blitzing a guy who tracked and caught a bullet, not Tony himself catching one, but Tony did do so later on in the issue as you've mentioned (Taskmaster #4).

• I feel like Slade was jobbing there against Tiger, and is just a low showing, although his suit/durability has weakness which could easily sway it in favor to Tony.

Slade wasn't fighting Tiger, he had just killed Odysseus and Tiger surprise attacked him from behind and brought him to the floor, granted it was Jericho that actually knocked him out. Still, when we saw him wake up he was still recovering from the wounds, which furthers my point about Pre-52 Slade's healing factor being faster:

No Caption Provided

The only time Slade has tanked impalement was when he had his Nth Metal, which was confirmed to expedite his healing and enhance his other 'natural' abilities. He was impaled in his second annual and got back up to save Adi, but he collapsed shortly after and was out for four entire days.

• I don't know if Pre-Flashpoint was more durable and fast, when this Slade tanked missles, and was blitzing soldiers in combat

Half of his head and a hand were missing after he took those missiles in Deathstroke #1. He was still able to walk but he quickly collapsed and woke up 16 days later. In contrast, Pre-Flashpoint Slade has tanked an explosion and the subsequent collapsing building that "no one could have survived." Except, according to Ravager, Deathstroke, and then we see him observing the girls a page later:

Batgirl #4

As for blitzing soldiers, Pre-52 Slade did that all the time (at times time itself was stated to slow down for him). But better yet, he's blitzed Black Canary twice, in both Identity Crisis #3 and Green Arrow #75:

Keep in mind Canary was trying to scream at Slade, but she couldn't get a scream off fast enough, despite the fact that her mouth was already opened when Slade began moving.

This is especially impressive because Canary is a bullet-timer, having perceived, out-paced, and destroyed bullets mid-flight in Black Canary and Zatanna: Bloodspell:

No Caption Provided

This isn't even getting into him blinking across considerable distances, being stated to be faster than Cassandra Cain, moving faster than thought in a very explicit manner a number of times, treating Green Arrow and Zatanna like they were standing still (with Ollie even commenting that he was a dozen steps ahead of their reaction), etc, etc.

• Better gear? New-52 is more regular with Nth

I was stating Pre-52 Slade had better gear than Taskmaster, but he also has better gear than his current counterpart. New-52 Slade's current suit is far from bulletproof, whereas Pre-52's was ridiculously durable. In Deathstroke the Terminator Annual #2, after being taken by surprise, Slade is hit with a shot that 'could have cut an ox in two' yet gets back up and proceeds to dodge gunfire like nothing happened (even being called 'too fast to be human'), gets shot twice more in the chest, starts wrecking Gunfire in hand-to-hand, then gets shot four more times with his molecular blasts and still defeats him decisively:

But I was mostly referring to his staff. It puts Pre-52 Slade's destructive capacity way above his current self's (not counting the mini-minigun he used in Green Arrow #51), and it also has cryogenic and electric capabilities.

• I still think New-52 Slade is more durable because of missile tanking and tanking head-on attacks from 5-10 ton bricks

Pre-52 Deathstroke's done better than missile tanking as I've shown, and has taken direct hits from certified mid-tiers a number of times (Hawkman, Guy Gardner (Warrior), Donna Troy, etc).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hyperion234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

deathstroke

Elijah_C_Washington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage/@cosmicallyaware1: Interested in seeing what the Vine's two resident Taskmaster experts think about this match up. Specifically against Pre-Flashpoint Slade.

Ninjaboss123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm hoping Rebirth Deathstroke will be a little better than new 52. For issues and issues he kept looking up leads for finding his kids seemingly getting nowhere. (Besides that I want a more pre52 look on Rose.)

Idk why but I think Deathstroke would win, i would like to see some feats by taskmaster though.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

@ghostravage/@cosmicallyaware1: Interested in seeing what the Vine's two resident Taskmaster experts think about this match up. Specifically against Pre-Flashpoint Slade.

appreciate the tag in this. Honored to be called a "Taskmaster expert"! (it's actually true though folks, for the record).

@elijah_c_washington: I think it could go either way.

pretty much this. Allow me to elaborate, just slightly......

first off......what gives Slade the apparent superior edge is elevated stats. By that I mean abilities beyond "peak human", such as his fantastic recuperative factor. The only elevated stat Tony has would be his enhanced speed reflexes from his UDON series, and that is limited in usage. As far as everything else......

Tony can match Slade in gear, possibly surpassing him.

Tony can copy ANY of the moves/fighting styles that slade uses.......so I feel that Tony has him smoked in that arena.

So, as @ghostravage said......it really can go either way. Great fight though.