Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Deathstroke Vs Black Panther:

No Caption Provided

Stipulations:

• T'Challa is 616 and has his anti-metal claws, energy daggers, and vibranium suit.
  • Slade is current (DC-YOU/Rebirth) and has his current gear, including his broadsword and the Ikon suit.
  • Both are fighting to the best of their abilities and are determined to win, but are, indeed, in character.
  • Both Slade and T'Challa have basic knowledge on each other (powers, abilities, skills, and gear).
  • However, neither of them have been given any time to actually prepare for the fight.
  • Victory by KO, incapacitation, or death. BFR is not an option.

• No bystanders or interference of any sort
  • Slade and T'Challa start on opposite ends of the pool

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for elijah_c_washington
Elijah_C_Washington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thought this was a good time to make this, seeing as it's looking more and more like Deathstroke is about to wreck Batman.

For anyone's reference, the Ikon suit is Slade's current armor. Even when it was out of power in Deathstroke (2016-) #1, it was impervious to pointblank assault rifle from Wintergreen. Slade was knocked down, but again, it was out of power and Slade was completely unsuspecting:

As you can see, it is charged by kinetic energy. Specifically, the kinetic energy generated by Slade's superhuman reflexes. It's durability was showcased again the issue after, in which Slade finds himself in a fight against Dr. Ikon:

Slade was punched square in the face and was sent through the roof of a building as a result, was thrown into a car with enough force to bend the metal he landed against, and then had a car thrown on top of him, took the subsequent explosion, and still kicked his way out completely unharmed. Ikon was very clearly a multi-tonner, but despite his best efforts he was completely incapable of hurting Slade. Keep in mind, Deathstroke is set to have a "knockdown drag-out" fight with Superman in one of the upcoming issues.

I'll close this off with a quote about Slade's armor from Christopher Priest, Slade's current writer:

Over the course of the first arc we will learn more and more about the suit. The suit has special properties and serves a specific sort of function within the book. It doesn’t give him any superpowers or anything, but when he’s wearing that suit, Deathstroke can mix it up with just about anybody in the DC Universe and not necessarily get harmed. You can harm him when he’s wearing the suit, but you have to know the properties or you’ve gotta know the secret password in order to actually harm Deathstroke.

-

Source

That does it for now.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900
deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

How do you get your pics to do that?

Elijah_C_Washington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morleericks: Make them large or stitch them together? To make my images larger I just hit edit and immediately save the message, and that enlarges the images to their actual size. To stitch them together and to add text and borders I use Fotor.

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could go either way, slight majority to Panther imo due to superior martial arts.

touma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hmn I think deathstroke . but I am not sure.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@touma said:

Why do you think Slade wins?

touma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@LlehDevil: I think he is more versatile with weapons (I mean he use guns , sword, electric staff, bombs etc)

He is one of the best tactician, and smart.

He is skilled.

is a superhuman , got healing factor and all.

he is a legit bullet timer , he dance between bullets (thanks to his agility)

He is really good at using different weapons.

and as I said I am not sure who wins but for right now I will give a majority to him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@touma said:

@LlehDevil: I think he is more versatile with weapons (I mean he use guns , sword, electric staff, bombs etc)

He is one of the best tactician, and smart.

He is skilled.

is a superhuman , got healing factor and all.

he is a legit bullet timer , he dance between bullets (thanks to his agility)

He is really good at using different weapons.

and as I said I am not sure who wins but for right now I will give a majority to him.

To counter:

• No weapons are going to help Slade here, when he's facing an opponent who's as agile as him.
  • T'Challa is more skilled, and can work around the healing factor.
  • T'Challa doesn't need to be a bullet timer, his suit can take care of that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Panther has the better gear and it can absorb anything Slade throws at it. BP's anti-metal claws will cut through slades armor like butter and he's easy bait from there

touma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@LlehDevil: that's why it's a tough fight and I am giving majority to deathstroke.

Elijah_C_Washington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@llehdevil said:

@touma said:

Why do you think Slade wins?

I think an argument can be made that he's just plain faster than T'Challa (evidenced by his his showings against Wonder Woman, his bullet-timing feats, catching Rose's swords repeatedly, making quick work of metahuman agents, shooting a rocket out of the air, etc) and that's coupled with the fact that his healing factor is decidedly superior.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Elijah_C_Washington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trust_this_786 said:

Black Panther has the better gear and it can absorb anything Slade throws at it. BP's anti-metal claws will cut through slades armor like butter and he's easy bait from there

T'Challa's suit can be cut, just not straight stabbed.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

touma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Elijah_C_Washington: Dude you look pretty know legible on slade. can you tell which armor is better nth metal or Ikon suit.

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T'Challa wins. Better gear, more skilled and has the physicals to match Slades.

Elijah_C_Washington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@touma: At it's best the Nth Metal suit is clearly superior so far, but the problem is Slade seemed to tank most damage instead of evading it all together when he was in it. That does not seem to be the case with Ikon Slade, and his upcoming fights against Batman and Superman could solidify it being more durable in general.

Elijah_C_Washington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump. Deathstroke (2016-) #3 just came out. The only new showing for the Ikon suit just reaffirms that it's completely bulletproof, as handgun and shotgun fire couldn't faze Deathstroke in it:

No Caption Provided

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Black Panther wins.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

T'Challa really.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deathstroke

Elijah_C_Washington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just found some pretty interesting information on Slade's gear. The following are Christopher Priest quotes about his sword and suit, taken from here.

TL;DR:

• Deathstroke's sword is made of Promethium.
  • As such, it is unbreakable and can absorb 'unlimited' amounts of energy.
  • The Ikon Suit is immune to physical strikes, even from the likes of Superman and Darkseid.
  • Because of how the technology works, Slade could even walk through a nuclear explosion, but would then be vulnerable to strikes from people like Superman.

Deathstroke's Sword:

Deathstroke’s sword was originally named “Scrymgeour.” Eòsaph Mar cut down a thousand of King Charles’ men with it after Jenny Geddes threw her stool at the head of the minister in St Giles’ Cathedral, inciting the Bishops’ Wars. Or, at least, that’s the story Deathstroke told. One of dozens. Slade Wilson actually won the sword from a rich collector in Glasgow with a full house, queens full of nines. An antique Grete war sword, the blade was forged of three separate pieces hammer-welded together, the bottommost a flattened diamond cross-pattern. The blade became mangled during the “Judas Contract” incident and HIVE re-cast it in Type-II, or “Volatile,” Promethium—a dangerous mutagen capable of absorbing unlimited amounts of energy—which Deathstroke stole from S.T.A.R. Labs. It is suspected that particle bleed from this blade may have played a role in activating dormant metagenes in Slade’s children. The blade cannot be damaged or destroyed by any known means.

Deathstroke's Uniform:

He currently wears a costume we call the Ikon Suit, designed by Dr. Ikon, a Canadian superhero who was once one of Slade Wilson's partners in covert ops (David Isherwood, a nervous, Jeff Goldblum-type introduced in issue #2). The Ikon Suit contains a point defense shield system which senses incoming force (a punch, a bullet) and hardens the uniform in those spots, like the shields on the Enterprise.

And, like the Enterprise shields, the wider the surface the Ikon Suit needs to defend, the weaker the shield. At the size of a fist, for example, the shield is virtually impenetrable, allowing DS to survive a punch by Superman or Darkseid. If DS were walking through a nuclear explosion or reaction, the shield would envelop his entire body to protect him-- but would likely buckle if Superman then punched him. Deathstroke does not fully understand how the system works and cannot repair it himself, but would need to turn to Dr. Ikon.

Currently, the Ikon Suit seems decisively superior to T'Challa's vibranium suit, at least in terms of durability.

Elijah_C_Washington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Elijah_C_Washington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@touma said:

@Elijah_C_Washington: Dude you look pretty know legible on slade. can you tell which armor is better nth metal or Ikon suit.

Gonna re-answer this. If what Priest said about the Ikon Suit holds true (see post #24) it is decidedly better by a very large margin.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Bump.

comic_bruh777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deathstroke 6/10 this is a great match up though

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Panther takes this. Anti Metal claws should shred through the Ikon suit. I'm pretty sure T'challa holds the skill edge as well

Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 3

#31  Edited By Warlockmage

lol at Deathstrokes Ikon Armor being superior to T'challas Vibranium Armor.

T'challa was able to tank a blast from a pissed off Stardust (the one that was going toe to toe with Beta Ray Bill) and was fine.

Deathstrokes Ikon armor has 1 feat... and Slade fans are taking full advantage of it.

T'challa still goes through slade with the same 8/10 hes always been able to do

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By pipxeroth

T'Challa

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol at Deathstrokes Ikon Armor being superior to T'challas Vibranium Armor.

T'challa was able to tank a blast from a pissed off Stardust (the one that was going toe to toe with Beta Ray Bill) and was fine.

Deathstrokes Ikon armor has 1 feat... and Slade fans are taking full advantage of it.

T'challa still goes through slade with the same 8/10 hes always been able to do

T'challa took a blast from stardust who was only trying to knock T'challa off of silver surfer. Its not like she hit him with a planet busting attack. Black Panthers vibranium suit was overloaded by iron fist's repeated strikes and Danny only hit him with the force of a freight train.

I agree people are blowing the showing with Slades fight with superman out of proportion. IIRC there was a comment during the fight how Slade was emailing his funeral arrangements to Wintergreen. So Slade was taking a bit of a gamble. But still the fact that his suit was able to suatain multiple punches from superman that were strong enough to the point where Slade hit superman back with the force it was enough to bloody him is still better than any feat T'challa's vibranium suit has to be honest.

Panther takes this. Anti Metal claws should shred through the Ikon suit. I'm pretty sure T'challa holds the skill edge as well

T'challa can't touch the Ikon suit. The reason Slade can soak so much damage is because the suit generates a gravity field. Normally when it comes to force field's T'challa can counter with his energy daggers but its been repeatedly stated by Priest that the gravity field Slade generates is not a force field. So there is not proof T'calla's energy daggers can disable the Ikon suit. Plus Slade can possibly block energy daggers with his sword (which has absorbed supermans heat vision, and than powered the sword up so it can cut superman).

We really need a better understanding of the ikon suit. But based on current showings I am leaning towards deathstroke to be honest.

Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 3

#34  Edited By Warlockmage

@jashro44: havent T'challas daggers gone intangible before so the gravity shield shouldnt effect them at all.

No Caption Provided

Yarva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ikon suit for the win.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@blackestnight93 said:

T'challa can't touch the Ikon suit. The reason Slade can soak so much damage is because the suit generates a gravity field. Normally when it comes to force field's T'challa can counter with his energy daggers but its been repeatedly stated by Priest that the gravity field Slade generates is not a force field. So there is not proof T'calla's energy daggers can disable the Ikon suit. Plus Slade can possibly block energy daggers with his sword (which has absorbed supermans heat vision, and than powered the sword up so it can cut superman).

I was aware that it was a gravity field, but to be fair, I was referring to the anti-metal claws, not the energy daggers. Shouldn't they be able to shred through the suit, regardless of the gravity field? I haven't seen any showings from the Ikon suit suggesting that it shouldn't be unharmed by something like that, and I'm all caught up on Deathstrokes current run

We really need a better understanding of the ikon suit. But based on current showings I am leaning towards deathstroke to be honest.

That's surprising, why's that?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: havent T'challas daggers gone intangible before so the gravity shield shouldnt effect them at all.

They have gone intangible but gravity isn't something tangible in the first place. So I don't know if it can phase through the gravity sheath/field. I think there is a difference between phasing through something hard like metal and something like the gravity sheath. Regardless energy daggers are still not a sure bet because Slade's promethium blade can absorb energy...

No Caption Provided

T'challa would have to get in close which is difficult since deathstroke has a blast staff which stunned superman (superman wasn't completely expecting it granted), and his promethium blade has better reach. And if it absorbs T'challa's energy daggers it will actually increase the blades cutting power (As shown above).

No Caption Provided

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By jashro44

@blackestnight93:

I was aware that it was a gravity field, but to be fair, I was referring to the anti-metal claws, not the energy daggers. Shouldn't they be able to shred through the suit, regardless of the gravity field? I haven't seen any showings from the Ikon suit suggesting that it shouldn't be unharmed by something like that, and I'm all caught up on Deathstrokes current run

Anti-metal needs to make contact with metal to destabilize it. Its not like adamantium which can cut through anything. T'challa needs to get through the gravity sheath. I don't see why anti-metal would be able to do that?

That's surprising, why's that?

I don't know if T'challa can harm Slade. His best bet is if his daggers can phase through the gravity sheath but as I said above gravity isn't a solid object so I have no idea if they could phase through the gravity sheath. All though we lack an understanding how the Ikon suit works to be honest.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Vertigo-

@jashro44 said:

@blackestnight93:

Anti-metal needs to make contact with metal to destabilize it. Its not like adamantium which can cut through anything. T'challa needs to get through the gravity sheath. I don't see why anti-metal would be able to do that?

Hmmm, that is a good point. This is hard to answer mostly since we don't know enough about how the gravity field functions exactly.

I don't know if T'challa can harm Slade. His best bet is if his daggers can phase through the gravity sheath but as I said above gravity isn't a solid object so I have no idea if they could phase through the gravity sheath. All though we lack an understanding how the Ikon suit works to be honest.

I would agree with the last part of that statement.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stroke got this . Depending on which suit or weapon he is wielding

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stroke got this . Depending on which suit or weapon he is wielding

His gear is listed in the OP

OblivionHuntx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How would BP get past the Ikon Suit? Even if the energy daggers went through it... he has his promethium sword to absorb it.

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oblivionhuntx: The Promethium sword could-theoretically-then be immediately, or simultaneously dissolved by Panther's anti metal claws.

*******************************************************************************************************

Honestly, this is such a close battle that no one should be outraged, or something if their fave lost; a completely plausible rationale can be given for either character winning. Personally, however, I lean toward T'challa because I think he has two things going for him that gives him a slight edge in such an evenly matched contest---

(1) Panther's since toddler age accrued combat skills are superior to Deathstoke's, I believe (with the suits pretty much equalizing them, and their off the cuff, team busting strategy abilities neck and neck, that may be a factor in winning this fight) and (2) As I have seen no evidence as of this writing that Slade's undeniably formidable shield can affect the intangible qualities of T'challa's energy daggers, I believe they will penetrate, and eventually disable the Ikon suit. Frankly, a man that has daggers that can phase through Ultron and affect him, and that can come out on top in a trick for trick tech battle against Iron Man in an up close and personal, one on one match-up and WIN gets my vote on having the ability to emerge the victor in a battle with Slade.

mr-luxcipher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Panther, for the majority.

OblivionHuntx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theonewhoknows: True, I didn't thought about BP slicing the promethium sword, that would most definitely be a problem.

I think that even if the energy daggers went through the gravity sheet of the Ikon Suit (which it probably will), Slade can still effectively dodge them. Also, even if T'Challa did cut his sword, lets say in the middle, Slade would still have the other half - that would probably be short enough to be within the protection of the Ikon Suit - to absorb the daggers.

Its also said that the suit can only be disabled by the original Ikon Suit (which currently belongs to Jericho). And with the gravity sheet protecting Deathstroke I dont see him losing.

detacude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anyone think Deathstroke could take on DwarfStar?

No Caption Provided

Without Black Panther King of the Dead(otherwise it's a stomp), the fight is very close but I question Slades ability to pierce T'challa suit yet T'Challas Antarctic Vibranium (Anti-Metal) Claws should be more than capable piercing Slades Armor/Sword, plus I give him a slight edge in martial arts category.

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oblivionhuntx: Your scenario is POSSIBLE. Problem is, Panther's daggers can be regenerated almost indefinitely, and he can continue to produce daggers Slade would have to dodge, while ALSO contending with Panther attacking him in other ways. Considering T'challa has shown the meta human speed to not only KEEP UP with the likes of combat speed elite like Captain America, Beast, Sabertooth, Wolverine, and Spider-Man, but make them LOOK SILLY---I believe that's TOO MUCH dodging 'Stroke would have to do. Eventually he's going to be struck more likely than not.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@detacude said:

Does anyone think Deathstroke could take on DwarfStar?

No Caption Provided

Without Black Panther King of the Dead(otherwise it's a stomp), the fight is very close but I question Slades ability to pierce T'challa suit yet T'Challas Antarctic Vibranium (Anti-Metal) Claws should be more than capable piercing Slades Armor/Sword, plus I give him a slight edge in martial arts category.

There is almost not difference between king of the dead black panther and herb panther according to Hickman. And aside from tracking peoples souls T'challa hasn't really done anything he wasn't capable of before physically.