Deathstroke the Terminator VS Senator Steven Armstrong

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

Deathstroke (Character)

New 52 Deathstroke Respect Thread - Deathstroke - Comic Vine

VS

Steven Armstrong - Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Senator Armstrong Fight (Final Boss) - YouTube

Scenario: Slade is commissioned by Amanda Waller to track down and terminate Steven Armstrong, a state senator suspected of violent meta-human activity who is scheduled to fly on a well guarded plane to Colorado. Later that afternoon, Team 7's aircraft intercepts the Senator's plane over Colorado's beaches and drops Slade off.

He ripped open the hatch door and was somewhat surprised to see cyborg soldier guards, who were then cut and shot down before they could properly analyze their attacker. Slade fought his way to the cockpit where the Senator was waiting surrounded by cyborgs, Slade shot several bullets that hit the Senator dead on but were deflected by his nano-machine enhanced skin. As the Senator laughed and made note that there was no way out of this plane alive, Slade agreed and fired a bullet that ricocheted off the metal walls of the plane and hit the pilot, sending it into free fall. The cyborgs who weren't forced to the back of the plane held on vigilantly to the seats and windows, trying their hardest not to go flying out. Slade fell towards the Senator and drew his short sword intending to stab him through the chest, it didn't even scratch Senator Armstrong who then retaliated by grabbing Slade and slamming him on each surface of the plane's interior. Slade caught a glimpse of the outside and found they were seconds away from crash landing onto the beach, he tried to shoot himself out of Armstrong's grip but was instead tossed out of one of the planes windows. Slade managed to hold on to the plane's wing long enough before it broke off .... He managed to land near the water around some wreckage which helped break his fall, along with the Nth metal's natural resistance.

Not too long after surfacing and catching his breath, Slade was grabbed and tossed by a much larger and unscathed Senator Armstrong who had absorbed energy from the now dead cyborg soldiers and had fully awakened his nano-machines. The Senator began a dialogue (something boring and full of bullcrap) and then began charging, Slade, completely undeterred by having narrowly dodged a plane crash and surprise attacked by a super senator just moments earlier, readied himself and drew his promethium broad sword. Money no longer had anything to do with it, had he known the dangers and risks involved with this job, he would've gladly taken it for free.

Rules: Decisive Battle!

• Morals are...well, neither of them really have a strict and binding moral code in this scenario, so its not worth mentioning. They do however remain in character. (Armstrong spewing political bullcrap and Deathstroke not giving a sh*t)
  • Deathstroke has a few hours prep but both know a little bit about each other through their own sources. Slade knows Armstrong is powered by nano-machines that make him nearly indestructible, Armstrong knows Slade is a skilled and deadly fighter wearing very durable armor.
  • Slade is equip with his promethium broadsword, staff and dagger, two desert eagles with 6 clips of 10 rounds, M4 with armor piercing rounds (4 clips of 30 rounds) and his Nth Metal armor.
  • Current Deathstroke, but feats from Pre 52 carry over. Senator Armstrong is at the level of power he was at the end of MGSR: Revengeance.
  • Win by Death
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By King_Saturn

Is it possible to even hurt Armstrong with blunt force attacks ? I mean he was taking damn near everything Raiden through at him.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it possible to even hurt Armstrong with blunt force attacks ? I mean he was taking damn near everything Raiden through at him.

Raiden was able to do damage with his fists as well though minimal at best

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By dondave

@ancient_0f_days: Could Slade cut him because Steven was blocking sword strikes with his fore-arms?

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@dondave said:

@ancient_0f_days: Could Slade cut him because Steven was blocking sword strikes with his fore-arms?

Maybe, I mean, not sure of the properties of Sam's Muramasa blade but Raiden was able to cut and stab Steven with it, Slade could probably do the same with his promethium Broadsword

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By MethoKi

What's to say the Promethium can't cut through him?

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

idk, I should probably just either give Slade Sam's sword anyway, or give him a sword from DCU that definitely will be able to cut Steven. Problem is, there's no way to fit in Sam's sword in with the scenario and there's a chance Slade could stomp depending on the weapon I give him from DCU.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242 said:

idk, I should probably just either give Slade Sam's sword anyway, or give him a sword from DCU that definitely will be able to cut Steven. Problem is, there's no way to fit in Sam's sword in with the scenario and there's a chance Slade could stomp depending on the weapon I give him from DCU.

I've only played the demo of Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, lol, so I don't know much about any of their characters. So for me, I can only speculate. Based on what you said, I guess I can say Slade wins, but I'll look at some clips of Steven later.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd take the Senator

He is definitely stronger than New 52 Deathstroke considering hoe high he threw Raiden and how far he kicked him

The Senator is durable enough to both Blunt Force Trauma and Piercing while Deathstroke is only for Blunt Force Trauma. Meaning Stevenson could use Deathstroke's sword to stab him

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242: well, there is a link in the OP whenever you want to take a look at what Steven can do....

@dondave: remember, both pre 52 and new 52 feats count...

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days: Well, I'm really sleepy, so I only watched a few minutes of the clip. I'll waych the rest tomorrow. Slade's best chance looks likes it's in H2H.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MethoKi

bump

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba
deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Slade just puts together a gadget like an EMP and turns off his nano machines.

Or he just out strategizes in the fight itself.

InnerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thats hard

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

rolldestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

deathstroke may be able to match the senator in durability but the senator is much stronger than deathstroke. Furthermore, DS also doesn't have raiden's speed or skill to be able to get many hits on the senator

i see the senator winning this due to having every physical advantage.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d945143d79a
deactivated-59d945143d79a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Senator Armstrong

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So the Promethium blade is a non factor?

Avatar image for randomcharachter
randomcharachter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For DS his only hope is his promethium sword can damage Armstrong

ProfZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry for bumping such an old thread but...Armstrong in an effortless godstomp. There is nothing Slade can do to harm Armstrong and he could literally one-shot Slade.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@profz said:

Sorry for bumping such an old thread but...Armstrong in an effortless godstomp. There is nothing Slade can do to harm Armstrong and he could literally one-shot Slade.

No.

Avatar image for deactivated-5aeee811636a0
deactivated-5aeee811636a0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18: yes, the same standard blade splits bonds of atoms as well having immense durability being almost invincible also being able to cut things without touching it due to how powerful it is and yet those nano machines surpass it so it took the murasma blade to match senator yet a struggle was still on the way till the finish. The murasma blade could not break and does the same effect as the standard one but at the same time so powerful and indestructible that it gave out a crimson glow.

AdamAnouer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@unknowzillagod: Sorry for an extremely late bump but I've gotta give this one to Senator Armstrong for too many reasons...

Strength Factor: Managed to easily overpower Raiden even while he was in Jack the Ripper Mode and effortlessly toss around tons of MG Exelsus debris with little to no effort.

Durability Factor: I think someone already mentioned this but Steven's nano machines drastically harden in response to physical trauma though high powered weapons like Raiden's HF Blade/Murusama managed to pierce it and they didn't harden fast enough when Raiden speed blitz him with a flurry of punches.

Regenerative Healing Factor: He can recover energy very quickly due to the nano machine implants on his back and managed to regrow his arm mere moments after it was sliced off. Though this could be disrupted making him vulnerable to physical attack.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oh no, not this thread...........

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Sy8000  Online

Mismatch.

gokuss4z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arm strong rips him limb from limb.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Sy8000  Online
hizack123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By hizack123

Armstrong do his favor speech and try to make slade join his force.

DragonbellZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By DragonbellZ

Mismatch. Armstrong has every Advantage on a vast scale, Including speed.

Op, Composite Solid snake or Vamp are already enough for deathstroke as far as the MG verse goes. You Literally Put Slade Against one of the most poweful characters in the metal gear universe(not just MGS-verse but the entire metal gear multiverse). You Made an epic mismatch. Slade would Die against most Fodder in MGR. Let alone top tiers.

DragonbellZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By DragonbellZ

@hizack123 said:

Armstrong do his favor speech and try to make slade join his force.

Slade is low tier fodder in the MGR verse. Armstrong wouldnt even give him a thought to hire, Just oneshots Slade and leaves.

Avatar image for miraclecomeback
MiracleComeBack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

slade becomes red splatter across the floor

Avatar image for flashoftommorow
FlashofTommorow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

#36  Edited By NinjaWarrior268

Deathstroke wins cause he can react to speedsters and one shot Armstrong with his promethium sword.

*tries to sound like a Deathstroke fanboy

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Slade would Die against most Fodder in MGR.

Let's not go that far. Slade at his best is easily above MGR fodder humans

LpnQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HOW DID THIS THREAD EVEN GET BUMPED?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084
deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

DragonbellZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By DragonbellZ

@decaf_wizard said:
@dragonbellz said:

I actually think Slade would have a tough fight with any of the cyborg fodder. He stomps Cyborg Cops and would take Cyborg soldiers handily but Armored Cyborgs with HF blades and Heavy Cyborgs with hammers would absolutely be a match for him.

Slade would also get slaughtered by almost any fodder UG's though. A raptor would tear him apart or blast him with its energy discharge and those are probably the weakest UG fodder.

Avatar image for deactivated-57cc010f9e749
deactivated-57cc010f9e749

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decaf_wizard said:
@dragonbellz said:

I actually think Slade would have a tough fight with any of the cyborg fodder. He stomps Cyborg Cops and would take Cyborg soldiers handily but Armored Cyborgs with HF blades and Heavy Cyborgs with hammers would absolutely be a match for him.

Slade would also get slaughtered by almost any fodder UG's though. A raptor would tear him apart or blast him with its energy discharge and those are probably the weakest UG fodder.

UGs aren't fodder though.

Armoured Cyborgs would put up a fight against Slade but he should win handily if he had his full arsenal (nth metal armor, godkiller sword, ect)