Avatar image for comicfanforever
comicfanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By comicfanforever

The main Team drom DC Comics is the Pre Flashpoint/New 52 versions.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

vs

No Caption Provided

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Sentry

Avatar image for beware_my_power
Beware_My_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Again, Sentry doesn't belong in powerhouse battles.

I'd say he's WELL above very high herald level AT LEAST.

Avatar image for comicfanforever
comicfanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Again, Sentry doesn't belong in powerhouse battles.

I'd say he's WELL above very high herald level AT LEAST.

Well, this version is Post Crisis (in DC `s case), so maybe the trio have a good chance.

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Simon_the_digger

They can't beat him....

Beware_My_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicfanforever: if you want, you can tag

@realitywarper

And

@sophia89

They are experts on Sentry

I'm on my phone, so I don't think it will work for me.

Avatar image for the_caped_crusader
The_Caped_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

F*cking Sentry.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentry.

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't see what they can really do to Sentry with their powersets.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@realitywarper

And

@sophia89

If we are very very cautious we can argue that he is above Thanos-level, in the upper-tier of Trascendent characters but a his feats and characters statements imply a lot more than this.

Imperfect_Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

myerlanski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentry...

KingOfKings1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Sentry stomps

lemonsauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beware_my_power said:

@realitywarper

And

@sophia89

If we are very very cautious we can argue that he is above Thanos-level, in the upper-tier of Trascendent characters but a his feats and characters statements imply a lot more than this.

Agreed. Sentry is way more powerful than people class him to be, and they know it. They just lowball him because they hate him as a character. He is easily cosmic/abtract level imo

Beware_My_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@realitywarper: @lemonsauce: "easily"

*looks to see if nobody is watching*

meh. I'd say he's celestial level right now. With implied power he's probably somewhere between Galactus and Eternity.

AbelHsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DSS can be considered a high level cosmic being , but he IS NOT IN THE LEAGUE OF BIG G AND ETERNITY.

Also DSS slaughters .

mr-luxcipher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abelhsu said:

DSS can be considered a high level cosmic being

Then why does Silver Surfer have better feats than him?

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By APEX_pretador

Sentry

HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentry.

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentry

willy_pingtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DSS

AbelHsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentry easily

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentry.

HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr-luxcipher: Death Seed Sentry has only appeared in like 4 issues of a comic. Of course Surfer will have more high end feats.

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heirtothekingdom: Surfer is superior in every regard to Death Seed Sentry, most of his feats have been replicated by regular Superman.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentry is over rated too much he isn't Galen level until feats prove otherwise. That said he still wins here unless atom pulls something magically delicious but probably not

HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thekinfing: So Superman has more physical strength than everyone else on Marvel earth bar Thor and Hulk? That's what Sentry has shown.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By green_skaar
TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heirtothekingdom:

Yes and no. Sentry is indeed stronger, but Superman has better lifting feats. Sentry helping lift Exilar Foot doesn't prove that he is stronger than most of Marvel Earth considering that Rogue didn't absorbed the powers of all of Marvel Heroes, only a couple hundreds and by Rogue own admission those powers we're tearing her apart and she could barely control them. There is also the issue that Post-Flashpoint Superman already replicated a feat just like that, only that better.

Rogue admitting that the powers were too much for her.

Superman(with the help of Martian Manhunter) helped move Brainac's ship, the same ship that completely dwarfed the Earth(See the first scan for the comparison), and the same ship that was falling at 36,000 miles per hour to Earth.

HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thekinfing: Just because the power was tearing her apart, doesn't mean she didn't utilise it. That's crazy impressive when you take into account that Exitar was actually trying to step down on the planet which means that Sentry had to overcome that force by himself too. There is also the fact that I'm not sold on Superman being above most characters on Marvel earth like Sentry was.

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heirtothekingdom:

Actually, it does mean she couldn't control it, or atleast not properly.

Yeah, and Clark(and J'ohn) also did that, and unlike with the Elixar Foot we actually have a given speed. Also you haven't adressed the fact that Brainac's ship was bigger than Exitar's foot, by a alot.

Like I said before Rogue DID NOT took the powers of all of Marvel Earth, only a couple hundreds.

Well, by lifting feats he seems to be, also could you mind naming me some of the characters that Rogue took the power's from? Because I will take 1 Superman over 300 Spidermen any day of the week.

HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thekinfing:

You're adding your own interpretation to it. That's like say Franklin Richards is a high tier reality warper because he can't control his power. Rogue had that level of power, however she couldn't control it. Doesn't mean she couldn't draw from it. A lot of times when characters cannot control power, they actually expend more than they wish to.

How many heroes do you think is on earth, lol. Obviously a couple of hundredreds is still a lot. It's more than you're given credit for, because the whole point of what they were doing was to draw power from characters all over the earth.

Blue Marvel, Hyperion, Skaar, Rulk, and so on would all be included. Don't focus on the weaker characters.

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thekinfing:

You're adding your own interpretation to it. That's like say Franklin Richards is a high tier reality warper because he can't control his power. Rogue had that level of power, however she couldn't control it. Doesn't mean she couldn't draw from it. A lot of times when characters cannot control power, they actually expend more than they wish to.

No. Its outrigth stated that she couldn't control the powers, but lets say that she could. Superman is still superior by feats.

How many heroes do you think is on earth, lol. Obviously a couple of hundredreds is still a lot. It's more than you're given credit for, because the whole point of what they were doing was to draw power from characters all over the earth.

Okay. That still doesn't change the fact that Superman feat is superior.

Blue Marvel, Hyperion, Skaar, Rulk, and so on would all be included. Don't focus on the weaker characters.

I could focus on any character and that would not change the fact that Superman is superior via feats.

HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thekinfing:

What does controlling the power have to do with anything? You don't have to be able to control something in order to use it. Controlling it would mean she could use it more effectively, it doesn't necessarily mean she would be more powerful. Heck, if you read the whole of Uncanny Avengers you would know this. When she absorbed Wonder Man's power, she one-shot killed Grim Reaper because she couldn't control it.

His feat is not superior. I'm sorry to say but you would have to be a pretty big fan of Superman to think he's stronger than someone who curbstomped Thor.

I'm gonna end this now, because this smells like bias.

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heirtothekingdom:

The thing is I never claimed that he was stronger than Death Seed Sentry, in fact in my very first comment I stated that he was inferior to him, you for some reason decided to ignore that part of my comment. I never claim that he would beat Death Seed Sentry or that he is stronger than him, only that he has better lifting feats(Which is true), but sure lets end this here.

@heirtothekingdom:

Yes and no. Sentry is indeed stronger, but Superman has better lifting feats.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heirtothekingdom: If it wasn't for Sentry's showing against Thor, tbh, Sentry wouldn't be as impressive.

HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thekinfing: Well to be more powerful than someone, you would have to have more impressive feats in most cases. I'm just saying that had Sentry shown more feats, he wouldn't be doubted as much.

HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reaverlation: I can see where you're coming from, though that Celestial feat and his whole not needing a body is impressive. Though I think most of the reason he's doubted is because this version of him was in only like 4 issues or so.

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heirtothekingdom: Ok.

So, would you be willing to agree that Death Seed Sentry is more powerful but that New 52 Superman is superior or the the very least comparable in lifting strength?

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

I usually think DS Sentry would beat Surfer because he does have the ability to put down Surfer while Surfer really does not have a counter for healing factor in Atomic level.

In topic:

Sentry wins.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

@thekinfing: If you care, I agree New 52 Clark is as strong if not stronger in lifting strength than DS Sentry.

HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thekinfing: Nope. Death Seed Sentry overpowered Thor physically in a way not many characters have done. Even Hulk (who I put above Superman in strength) hasn't done so as easily. If you think Superman is comparable, you're essentially saying that Superman can do the same to Thor.

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thekinfing: Nope. Death Seed Sentry overpowered Thor physically in a way not many characters have done. Even Hulk (who I put above Superman in strength) hasn't done so as easily. If you think Superman is comparable, you're essentially saying that Superman can do the same to Thor.

Lifting Strength =/= Striking Strength. I think you should now that at this point. Also, no, I don't believe that Superman can overpower Thor in physicals.

@thekinfing: If you care, I agree New 52 Clark is as strong if not stronger in lifting strength than DS Sentry.

I do care.

It just annoys me how he just dismissed the Brainac Ship feat with the excuse that would put New 52 Superman over Sentry(In Lifting only of course) and how he started claiming that I was a big Superman Fanboy when I proved all that I said, and I think we can all agree that the Brainac ship is at the very least(and Im lowballing here) around the Exitar Foot feat.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heirtothekingdom: The celestial feat is impressive because Exitar, in another reality, destroyed Earth casually with his step and Sentry literally stopped it without even trying. Rogue having hundreds of powers is cool, though ambiguous, but she couldn't access their powers correctly IIRC. Sentry treated Thor like Surfer treated Beta Ray Bill though

HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By HeirToTheKingdom

@thekinfing:

Lifting Strength =/= Striking Strength. I think you should now that at this point. Also, no, I don't believe that Superman can overpower Thor in physicals.

I'm well aware of this. It took Superman's heaviest blows to cause the planet to shake. While casually striking Thor, Sentry had the force of his blow felt across the planet. In their second encounter he floored Thor with a single blow, which took him out of the battle for a bit. Superman isn't exceeding him in either category.

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thekinfing:

I'm well aware of this. It took Superman's heaviest blows to cause the planet to shake. While casually striking Thor, Sentry had the force of his blow felt across the planet. In their second encounter he floored Thor with a single blow, which took him out of the battle for a bit.

Cool? Look man I already agreed that Death Seed Sentry is superior to New 52 Superman, far superior. What do you want me to say? That he fodderizes him? I just want you to tell me that you can or can't agree with the idea of New 52 Superman being comparable to Death Seed Sentry in purely lifting Strength.

HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heirtothekingdom: The celestial feat is impressive because Exitar, in another reality, destroyed Earth casually with his step and Sentry literally stopped it without even trying. Rogue having hundreds of powers is cool, though ambiguous, but she couldn't access their powers correctly IIRC. Sentry treated Thor like Surfer treated Beta Ray Bill though

Agreed on both parts. Sentry may not be the most liked characters, however his feats are nothing short of impressive, not to mention hard for other characters to replicate.

HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thekinfing:

Cool? Look man I already agreed that Death Seed Sentry is superior to New 52 Superman, far superior. What do you want me to say? That he fodderizes him? I just want you to tell me that you can or can't agree with the idea of New 52 Superman being comparable to Death Seed Sentry in purely lifting Strength.

And I gave you my answer with not only my opinion, but evidence too. Not only do I feel he's more powerful, but I think he's stronger, strikes harder, and is faster. He's above Superman in all categories to make things short, so no, I don't agree Superman is comparable to Sentry. In fact, if they fought, Superman would get the H'el treatment all over again.