DC vs Marvel

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Blacksmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Blacksmith

First contest: Which makes better stories

Second Contest: Which Has better Characters

And third: If all the characters would fight, which group would win

Blacksmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Blacksmith

I'm gonna go with Marvel in all three contests

Anathema

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Anathema

1st one - Marvel

2nd one - DC

3rd one - DC

Blacksmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Blacksmith

yeah, I think we got the idea Gambit0

Blacksmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Blacksmith

again, we get the friggin point

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Valkaad

Marvel, Marvel, Dc

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Satyrquaze

There is not a single Marvel team that can match the JLA pound-for-pound. DC has been writing stories for a smidge longer than Marvel has, and finally their characters are just simply more iconic. I will give Marvel a slight edge in storytelling, but other than that.

DC wins.

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Satyrquaze

Gambit0 says:

"the truth doesn't believe a lot that D.C. it wins MARVEL because D.C. alone it possesses some famous characters on the other hand in MARVEL almost all they have such an alone incredible fame mentioning to SPIDER-MEN, X-MEN, HULK, GHOST RIDER, **SPAWN** among others MARVEL WINS
" />http://www.hatterentertainment.com/images/01.Marvel%20Heroes.jpg"

Spawn??

Spawn was published by Image comics out of disdain for Marvel's publishing desisions and rights of trademark, how can you include him in this list?

Prodigal Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Prodigal Son

Satyrquaze says:

"There is not a single Marvel team that can match the JLA pound-for-pound. DC has been writing stories for a smidge longer than Marvel has, and finally their characters are just simply more iconic. I will give Marvel a slight edge in storytelling, but other than that.DC wins.![Alt text](http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/32000/31815/182825-justice-league-of-am_400.jpg)"

I would agree completely, except for the recent story telling fiasco at Marvel. Just my opinion, but 52 trumped Civil War. Looking for better ideas out of the House of Ideas.

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Satyrquaze

Prurience Man says:

"Satyrquaze says:
"There is not a single Marvel team that can match the JLA pound-for-pound. DC has been writing stories for a smidge longer than Marvel has, and finally their characters are just simply more iconic. I will give Marvel a slight edge in storytelling, but other than that. DC wins. ![Alt text](http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/32000/31815/182825-justice-league-of-am_400.jpg)"
I would agree completely, except for the recent story telling fiasco at Marvel. Just my opinion, but 52 trumped Civil War. Looking for better ideas out of the House of Ideas."

Idunno, I really liked Annihilation.

Mixed Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Mixed Man

This is an easy outcome DC,DC,DC

GambitO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By GambitO

the two editorials are excellent but to my concept MARVEL is better than D.C.

AND IF WE CARRIED OUT A TEST FACING THEIR CHARACTERS WE WILL REALIZE THAT MARVEL WOULD WIN

CLEAR THIS SOME CHARACTERS OF D.C. THEY WOULD WIN SOME DE MARVEL BUT MAKING REFERENCE TO THE FINAL BATTLE THE SERIOUS VICTORY DE MARVEL THE CA OF THE IDEAS

Avatar image for soldier_of_death
Soldier of Death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Soldier of Death

Marvel is better than DC completely. Marvel's stories are incredible and suspensful and action packed. The heroes are more known. (IE Spider-Man, X-Men, Fantastic 4, Captain America) And DC just has really Superman, Wonderwoman, Batman, and the Flash. That's it. As far as an ultimate battle, All I have to say for Marvel is... The Beyonder and Onslaught.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#14  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

The Marvel bias is strong in this one.

Iron Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By Iron Apollo

Soldier of Death says:

"Marvel is better than DC completely. Marvel's stories are incredible and suspensful and action packed. The heroes are more known. (IE Spider-Man, X-Men, Fantastic 4, Captain America) And DC just has really Superman, Wonderwoman, Batman, and the Flash. That's it. As far as an ultimate battle, All I have to say for Marvel is... The Beyonder and Onslaught. "

your saying marvel cahracters are more well known than Batman or Superman, the worlds two best known comic characters of all time.

For the most part marvel has better story writing. I think this is also in part because thier main characters aren't as strong as DC' main charcters, so Marvel has to have more imagination to write a good story.

How do you define better characters? I do by which are more interesting. Again marvel wins this, you have more interesting characters due to the fact that they are well written, also most marvel charcters havn't aged the same as DC (somewhat because they are't as old, but i don't see them aging) What I mean by this is there have been two supermen i think, three flashes, etc. to explain continuity better.

Now, when it comes to a battle fought by main characters only, DC wins. But one fought by All character Marvel might win with characters like Galactus, Abyss etc.

Rotten gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Rotten gun

marvel-marvel- i dont know who would win in the greater battle? i also beleive marvel makes better action figures ie; marvel legends, and they make better movies.

Planewalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Planewalker

i guess as things are right now dc would win...in a fight but not in characters.the storys 50-50 chance

Soldier of Death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Soldier of Death

Well Iron Apollo, I see your point about the main character battle, but now here's the major issue. It depends on which character versions we're talkin here. If you have guys like Cosmic Spider-Man, and Doctor Doom when he obsorbed The Beyonder's power, victory is sure for Marvel. It's also possible that villains can be considered main characters (I.E. Venom, Galactus, Carnage, Thanos, Apocolypse, Loki etc.) But if you wanna go with orginals, its kinda close because the orginal Superman is no stronger than the Mighty Thor, and definitly not stronger than Odin

Captain Hazard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Captain Hazard

I personally like Marvel's stories and characters a lot more than DC. As for who wins, its a toss up because both have very high level god like beings. I don't know any that DC has that can take the Living Tribunal or his master the One-Above-All, but that doesn't mean they don't have any.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20  Edited By Forever

I think the stories tend to go back and forth. Right now it's leaning a little in favor of DC but over the course of history I'd say Marvel.

Marvel has the better characters because they are more interested in characterization than DC is. They make more flawed, believable characters that are much easier to write for. Hence them winning the all-time mark IMO for stories.

As for who would win, its easy to say DC because everyone in DC is powered up. Flash isn't just fast but he's faster than the speed of light and then can use his speed powers to steal speed from other people (just to use one example). But I think the two companies look at power differently. Marvel's true powerhouses are telepath/telekinetics and reality warpers. When written to his best, Thor can use Mjolnir to absorb any energy fired at him, use it's ability to travel faster than light to counter anyone's speed blitz, put an impenetrable field around himself until he determines how to defeat his enemy or simply teleport them away to end the fight. Superman was mind controlled by Maxwell Lord, Professor X could easily turn him against the DC characters and still have both Phoenixes to hold off the Martian Manhunter, who doesn't come across as much of a psionic heavyweight in most of his showings. Then imagine X-Man, Molecule Man, Scarlet Witch, Franklin Richards, etc. all using their reality warping powers... I don't know but I'm leaning towards Marvel in this category too.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Forever

I left part of what I meant to say out. Because DC is so invested in Superman being the ultimate hero they do not seem to have as many reality warpers, on as high a level of power, as Marvel does. They have Mr. Mxylplik (however you spell that) and Firestorm, but Firestorm is really weak compared to Mr. M and he seems to be the only one on Marvel's level. Unless you count Zatanna. But Reality warpers seem to trump everyone else so I would bet on Marvel if you have all of the characters fight.

I was excluding the Cosmic Pantheon of characters (One Above All, Presence, Living Tribunal, Spectre) because I figure they would all match up fairly evenly.

Avatar image for tyron_the_terror
Tyron the Terror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Tyron the Terror

marvel, marvel, marvel

Poo Poo List

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Poo Poo List

Wildstorm wins!

Soldier of Death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Soldier of Death

Forever, I agree with you completely. Marvel is better than DC. But as far as the story thing goes, Marvel is kinda in the lead because of the Civil War which I think is really cool. Especially with Spidey coming back in black

Avatar image for thewanderingeye
TheWanderingEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TheWanderingEye

marvel,marvel,marcia! I mean MArvel!

Triple Marvels

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Forever

Marvel forever.

girth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#27  Edited By girth

Marvel has the better stories and characters,but when it comes to teams I gotta go with DC.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Girth, you were doing so well until you said DC can win in a fight, I had such high hopes for you. All I have to say for you is this... One above all, Living Tribunal, Galactus, The Beyonder. Game

Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#29  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

Eternal Chaos says:

"Girth, you were doing so well until you said DC can win in a fight, I had such high hopes for you. All I have to say for you is this... One above all, Living Tribunal, Galactus, The Beyonder. Game"

There are no cosmic entities at DC. No Spectre, no Presence (the DC version of the One Above All essentially the Spectre and Zauriel's boss), no Guardians, no Ion, no Parallax....

Of course a fight between infinitely powerful beings is more philosphical I'd think.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Well the title says "Marvel Vs. DC" That included every character, cosmic entity or not

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31  Edited By Methos

then it's a draw...

it would come down to "The One Above All" Vs "The Presence"... and that would just be a stalemate for all time...

if you want to limit the fight to 'non celestial' entities i'd be glad to discuss this battle to lengths with you

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Eternal Chaos

That's fine by me Oracle. Knowledge is power

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Methos

ok, limited to non celestial beings i'd say DC on pure character strength.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Well did you consider the Molecule Man? He has the power to take a part organic matter and inorganic matter, and living creatures are organic matter. So he can take apart DC

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Methos

Eternal Chaos says:

"Well did you consider the Molecule Man? He has the power to take a part organic matter and inorganic matter, and living creatures are organic matter. So he can take apart DC"

and i consider Ion or Parallax who could go back to the beginning of the marvel universe and wipe it out...

also there is doomsday who could take on pretty much everyone from the marvel universe, if he got beaten he would come back impervious to that kind of damage and beat them then.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Flash can ruin the majority of Marvel's non-cosmics on his own. No one on Marvel Earth has the reaction time to notice him, let alone set up any kind of defense.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Methos

Buckshot says:

"Flash can ruin the majority of Marvel's non-cosmics on his own. No one on Marvel Earth has the reaction time to notice him, let alone set up any kind of defense. "

nice, didn't think about that...

or throw in any random Green Lantern and see how long it takes the X-men to be turned into pools of mush lol

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Well what about Dark Pheonix at her full power?

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Methos

we've had this discussion before and it was never really solved...

personally i put Phoenix at pull power around the same power level as Ion at his height... ask buckshot for a impartial view on this one, but i'd say Ion could defeat Dark Phoenix

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Eternal Chaos

What Franklin Richards? or Onslaught? And is Galactus involved too?

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Methos

galactus would be owned by the Guardians of OA

Onslaught Vs Doomsday = Onslaught mush

don't know franklin richards well enough to make a comparison

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Now here's one that I'm not sure about... What about the Beyonder?

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Methos

"the beyonder became a much lesser super being, and his previous super feats were nothing more than his imagination"

ok...

not much call as to who to put him up against... what power level is he?

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

ORACLE says:

"we've had this discussion before and it was never really solved...personally i put Phoenix at pull power around the same power level as Ion at his height... ask buckshot for a impartial view on this one, but i'd say Ion could defeat Dark Phoenix"

"Pull power?" Get some sleep, we need you operating at 100%.

I may be impartial, but I don't have more than a basic knowledge on Dark Phoenix (gasp, something I don't know?!?). Methos (you changed your name but it hasn't sunk in yet) made a thread about Phoenix vs Ion and they're pretty much equal. Going off that, Dark Phoenix wouldn't be much of a threat. Just send Ion plus someone else of great power (doesn't have to be on Ion's level, just to buy Ion time to do something wacky) to tip the battle in his favor and Dark Phoenix can be taken down. I suppose the same can be said for Phoenix, but does Phoenix have the galactic police backing her? I still don't know about Phoenix vs Ion, but against all of DC, she's powerful but not unstoppable.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Methos

yeah... point taken... sleep time... i'm making n00b mistakes here...

right, untill tomorrow when i shall reawaken this thread with vengeance and smite down marvel with furious anger...

laters

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Well Buckshot, I'm not totally sure myself. I don't know much about DC, only Marvel which is why I'm throwing everybody I can at them. So can it pretty much be said that the two companies are well... Evenly Matched?

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

When using abstracts and god-beings then they're evenly matched because at the very top of both companies/universes (where the only fight that matters is taking place), Presence and TOAA are equal. If you do cosmics and below, I think DC wins. The GL Corps alone could wreck most of Marvel's cosmics. (I can't think of cosmics they couldn't take, but I figure there has to be someone, that's why I said "most".) If you go down to Earth, it only gets better for DC. What I said about Flash is true. On his own, he could probably take out half of Marvel's Earth-based heroes (the fact that most of them will be together in New York just makes it easier) before the other half even knew what was going on. Then you add in Superman, MM, WW, the rest of the JLA and it's very one-sided, and that's just one team. Of course this is with no kind of preparation (which is absolutely necessary if Marvel hopes to survive Flash's first assault). I'm not saying Marvel doesn't have the firepower to match DC, but by the time they get to use it, it will be too late for most of them.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Well let's say that Marvel does have time to use there power (including Thanos with the infinty gauntlet, Beyonder, Galactus, Tribunal, Gladiator, Thor, Odin, Loki, ect) Do you still think they wouldn't be able to win

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Then you're going all the way up to abstracts and god-beings again and at that level, they're even.

Avatar image for the_mighty_thor
The Mighty Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By The Mighty Thor

marvel