Big G.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Prime and Monarch should be able to deal with a normal Galactus by themselves in my opinion. The guy who blew up the universe and the guy who survived it should be capable of defeating a multi galaxy buster.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not to mention OP pic of Darkseid is from Final Crisis; Darkseid could easily take over Galan's mind with the ALE.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave:

Crap. I didn't zoom in on the OP pic. Still, I say Prime and Monarch should be able to handle Galactus.

capall2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By capall2

desperate Galactus should lose, pissed off Galactus should win after a decent battle...

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@logy5000 said:

Not to mention OP pic of Darkseid is from Final Crisis; Darkseid could easily take over Galan's mind with the ALE.

Easily? really? I had no idea ALE was so powerful.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Galactus, makes Monarch his herald, then beats everybody.

Now for real: Galactus takes this handily.

Avatar image for heraldofganthet
HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By HeraldofGanthet

@lordofallhumans: Easily? really? I had no idea ALE was so powerful.

I miss Jack Kirby so bad. I truly believe that Starlin used it (as a concept at least) when he invented the Infinity Gems/Gauntlet. Due to the fact that when all of the fragments of Anti-Life are gathered, its possessor has complete control over the space/time continuum, all sentient thought, the spiritual realms, the entire EM spectrum, and the ability to warp reality. In fact, you don't even need the entire equation to accomplish serious reality warping (see Pied Piper, who can access a small portion of the equation with his magical flute). Mr Miracle has possessed over one halfof the equation since his youth, and it's only his indomidable will as the God of Freedom and his mastery of the Alpha Effect that keeps him from being corrupted by it's power and turning the entire universe into his obedient slaves. This is a closley guarded secret by the way, that Scott has Anti-Life. Even his wife doesn't know.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@logy5000 said:

As far as I know, the only way to put up any resistance to the ALE is to have control of it.

rolldestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@logy5000 said:

@lordofallhumans said:

@logy5000 said:

As far as I know, the only way to put up any resistance to the ALE is to have control of it.

it can be countered by drawing some alien word on one's face, several characters have done so, not to mention wonder woman tied darkseid to the lasso of truth and the ALE was gone from the people of earth in final crisis.

furthermore, there's nothing to indicate that ALE can mind-control abstracts.

ALE isn't only mind control though, only in final crisis was it portrayed so. It's an entire half of the source itself, that should tell you something.

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rolldestroyer: it can be countered by drawing some alien word on one's face, several characters have done so ALE isn't only mind control though, only in final crisis was it portrayed so. It's an entire half of the source itself, that should tell you something.

Correct. That symbol was the Glyph of Life, wasn't it? The symbol of Scott Free's power of freedom? Is that how he's been able to contain the Equation all these centuries? Because that would make sense as a balance to the Glyphs of Anti-Life (as shown prominently in the pages of "Orion") that this would work.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Galactus without much trouble

Really? I mean, Alan Scott alone should give Galactus a pretty good fight.

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

@willpayton:

I will not be that sure. Alan Scott is a powerful Lantern, no doubt about, but Galactus is insanely powerful. You talk about a guy that is capable of taking down several Skyfathers like Odin or Zeus without even trying.

With his powers, he could teleport a giant piece of wood and use it against Alan, and we know that this particular Lantern is very susceptible to wood.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By willpayton

@willpayton:

I will not be that sure. Alan Scott is a powerful Lantern, no doubt about, but Galactus is insanely powerful. You talk about a guy that is capable of taking down several Skyfathers like Odin or Zeus without even trying.

With his powers, he could teleport a giant piece of wood and use it against Alan.

LOL... I dont think Galactus's wood will affect Alan. =)

PreCrisisFlea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By PreCrisisFlea

Prime out of place here. Superboy Prime kills other 5 'to death,' irregardless of how fed Galactus is. Eats ultimate nullifier afterwards to cleanse palate of disdain for weak opposition

Prime not present, team takes it, but it's a fight and GL does not survive.

More interesting question is "could anti-life equation control Galactus?

Avatar image for thedarklordpandamonium
Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton:

With his powers, he could teleport a giant piece of wood and use it against Alan, and we know that this particular Lantern is very susceptible to wood.

the next person who says alan scott is weak to wood is going to get dunked into a pool of acid

Realistically, Monarch, Darkseid and SBP together are a BIG threat for Galactus; they're incredibly powerful and could give Galactus a lot of trouble. Alan Scott possessed by the Starheart is more powerful than the other three combined, and could easily create constructs of most of DC earth to fight off Galactus.

I'd say Team 1 takes this 6/10

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it can be countered by drawing some alien word on one's face, several characters have done so, not to mention wonder woman tied darkseid to the lasso of truth and the ALE was gone from the people of earth in final crisis.

ALE isn't only mind control though, only in final crisis was it portrayed so. It's an entire half of the source itself, that should tell you something.

Actually the whole Kirby's Fourth World Omnibus potrays ALE as perfect mind control via speech, and was written to be the very counter of free will. If you have ALE, you take away the free will making people do whatever you want.

Now that symbol might work, but Galactus has to know and put up the symbol Darkseid attacks. Also Galan does have a traditional mind, just not a traditional soul. Prof X tried his level best to enter Galactus mind but failed, but we have Moondragon and Thanos succeed, we have Odin succeed.

Galactus is also more physical than abstract, i think its possible ALE "might" work, but i suppose we can chalk it down and insufficient feat.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By willpayton

I'm going to clarify that these are all pre-52 versions of all DC characters.

rolldestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rolldestroyer said:

Actually the whole Kirby's Fourth World Omnibus potrays ALE as perfect mind control via speech, and was written to be the very counter of free will. If you have ALE, you take away the free will making people do whatever you want.

Now that symbol might work, but Galactus has to know and put up the symbol Darkseid attacks. Also Galan does have a traditional mind, just not a traditional soul. Prof X tried his level best to enter Galactus mind but failed, but we have Moondragon and Thanos succeed, we have Odin succeed.

Galactus is also more physical than abstract, i think its possible ALE "might" work, but i suppose we can chalk it down and insufficient feat.

haven't read it, so i can't say about that, i was talking more about how it was shown in cosmic Odyssey and death of the new gods (which may be non canon).

I was thinking that galactus is an abstract based on the fact that he uses the dimension of manifestation, but now that i have re-read quasar #37 it was explained that some beings (one of them being galactus) simply use the DoM to put up appearances somewhere without actually attending, im sure you have the issue so im not going to post the scan (unless someone else requests it).

i guess mind control is possible after all.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarklordpandamonium:

Galactus can throw planet bursting attacks, he could transform his opponets into water if he wants, he can dispatch via BFR and make them lost in time and space. He is capable of manipulating the souls, so he can turn them into his allies or erase their memories. He also can make constructs with the enviroment, he can mind rape his enemies or read their minds and know everything about them. He can create shields that are almost impenetrable, and even without them, attacks on him will be almost useless, he could summon his heralds to annoy or at least distract his enemies

I dont see how Galactus could lose, he is too pwerful, even for the combined forces of Scott, Monarch, Darkseid and SBP. If Galactus is hunger or weakened it will be a lot more fair.

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By HeraldofGanthet

@rolldestroyer: haven't read it, so i can't say about that, i was talking more about how it was shown in cosmic Odyssey and death of the new gods (which may be non canon).

No, it's canon alright. In fact, one of the many themes of that story (John Stewart's accidental destruction of Xanshii) was a central part of the origin of Fatality (who's now a Star Sapphire) and during the Blackest Night where Nekron reformed the planet and used it as a proxy base of operations. I'm going to go and read Cosmic Odyssey right now... Thanks for the remind, mon ami!

JackKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Way is Alan Scott here? he's a hero not a villain!!!!!!!

PreCrisisFlea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By PreCrisisFlea

SuperboyPrime:

-Beat Mxyptlyk

-Casually manhandled a monitor

-Beat a (weakened) Anti-Monitor

-Was able to draw blood from pre-COIE Earth 2 Superman Kal-L

-Has the standard physical powers and resistances of a pre-COIE Kryptonian.

The armor protects him from red solar attacks, but does not empower him. The power-up from a Guardian just prematurely brought him close to the power level of a pre-Crisis adult male.

His invulnerablility, plus magic resistance, means Galactus can not reality warp him, and can not survive a single punch from him. He has the super-fast thoughts of a pre-COIE Kryptonian, so mind control is doubtful, and, in any case, if it would work, he could still destroy Galactus' body faster than Galactus can think.

No one in MU below multi-Eternity could challenge him if he is going all out. He could easily solo the other 4 characters in this thread.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By willpayton

@thedarklordpandamonium:

Galactus can throw planet bursting attacks, he could transform his opponets into water if he wants, he can dispatch via BFR and make them lost in time and space. He is capable of manipulating the souls, so he can turn them into his allies or erase their memories. He also can make constructs with the enviroment, he can mind rape his enemies or read their minds and know everything about them. He can create shields that are almost impenetrable, and even without them, attacks on him will be almost useless, he could summon his heralds to annoy or at least distract his enemies

Do you realize that this entire paragraph can be used almost exactly as written to describe a Starheart possessed Alan Scott?

Maybe @beatboks1 can comment on this.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Way is Alan Scott here? he's a hero not a villain!!!!!!!

It's Starheart possessed Alan for this fight, which is a version where he's taken over by the Starheart entity, which is evil.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for thedarklordpandamonium
Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perethorn said:

@thedarklordpandamonium:

Do you realize that this entire paragraph can be used almost exactly as written to describe a Starheart possessed Alan Scott?

You'd actually have to add a lot of stuff. Starheart possessed Alan Scott is a god of versatility.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton said:

@perethorn said:

@thedarklordpandamonium:

You'd actually have to add a lot of stuff. Starheart possessed Alan Scott is a god of versatility.

True. The magic abilities mean he's very versatile.

I just thought it's funny because almost everything in that post was stuff he did while solo'ing Earth or at other times: planetary level attacks, matter manipulation, teleportation, time manipulation, mind control and possession, energy constructs and controlling the environment, energy shields, invulnerability, and empowering others with powers to act on his behalf... all things Alan Scott has done.

He's not quite at the level of Galactus in raw power, but still he can match him nearly ability for ability.

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall: Does Darkseid have any impressive feats in the N52?

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanwithatan01: He took on the entire League, one shotted Superman, beat the tar out of green lantern, and even then all League could manage was BFR him. Apart from what clearly shown on panel we know Darkseid and his army killed most of the heroes in Earth 2 as well.

Darkseid , while limited in appearance, should be just as powerful as his previous incarnation.

HyperViper97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Galactus. And quickly for everyone but Scott

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Moonman78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Starheart Alan Scott is on the level of galactus heralds, he's no we're near matching universal entity level. How about this instead of battling all those heros galactus would just absorb the planet and everything in it, it is beneath him to fight guys like that, and the only way u could have a chance of stoping him is a universal plot device. The only one that matters here is darkseid and if he doesn't have prep he and the team have no chance of stopping galactus

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Galactus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton:

SS can do the same (except for the heralds thing) and he is not a threat to a mid-fed Galactus.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By willpayton

Starheart Alan Scott is on the level of galactus heralds

A herald would not be able to easily solo DC Earth.

A herald would not have vast magical and TP powers that allowed Alan to do what he has done, including mind-controlling Dr Fate and Obsidian while causing natural disasters throughout Earth, fighting Earth's heroes with little effort and taking no damage from full hits and heat vision from Supergirl and Power Girl, imbuing normal humans with super powers, mind-controlling others to fight on his behalf, and other things... all at the same time. Alan would destroy all of Galactus's heralds.

@willpayton:

SS can do the same (except for the heralds thing) and he is not a threat to a mid-fed Galactus.

You cant compare SS to a full Starheart-possessed Alan Scott, who is basically the Starheart entity... who is a sentient being made up of all the magic of the early universe, both good and evil.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By pooty

@supermanwithatan01: He took on the entire League, one shotted Superman, beat the tar out of green lantern, and even then all League could manage was BFR him. Apart from what clearly shown on panel we know Darkseid and his army killed most of the heroes in Earth 2 as well.

Darkseid , while limited in appearance, should be just as powerful as his previous incarnation.

Going to a comic con in Sept. getting my list together. What comic issues did they fight Darkseid? And what comic issues did they fight Martian Manhunter? If it's not too much trouble

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By willpayton

spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By spiderbuck1

Galactus.

@precrisisflea said:

SuperboyPrime:

No one in MU below multi-Eternity could challenge him if he is going all out. He could easily solo the other 4 characters in this thread.

I disagree. I don't think Prime could take out the other villains in this thread on his own (let alone Galactus).

I made a thread if you'd like to argue your case.

Superboy Prime vs Alan Scott, Darkseid and Monarch

spaceghost77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Big G stomps...

Moonman78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@precrisisflea: @willpayton:

When Allen Scott soloed DC earth nun of the heavy hitters were seen, where was Superman, where was Dr Fate, where was cap marvel ect. That's a great feat but that's not topping any of surfers top 3 feats.

Prime beat a very weak and raggedy AM who had already battled the guardians. He needed zatanna to beat mxy and the monitors are not all the same strength prime is powerful but he's not universally powerful and red sun light still weakens him

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By willpayton

@precrisisflea: @willpayton:

When Allen Scott soloed DC earth nun of the heavy hitters were seen, where was Superman, where was Dr Fate, where was cap marvel ect. That's a great feat but that's not topping any of surfers top 3 feats.

Yeah I'm not sure where some of those guys like Superman were, buy I do remember him easily fighting Mordru, Power Girl, Supergirl, Captain Atom, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick, Donna Troy, Atom Smasher, Citizen Steel, Booster Gold, Stargirl, Jade, and others.

While he was doing that, Alan was also causing city-destroying natural disasters throughout the world.

As far as Dr Fate... he was being mind-controlled by Alan at the time. Alan also mind-controlled Obsidian, Miss Martian, and others.

Sorry, Silver Surfer doesnt come close to the power of the Starheart.

No Caption Provided

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

Going to a comic con in Sept. getting my list together. What comic issues did they fight Darkseid? And what comic issues did they fight Martian Manhunter? If it's not too much trouble

JLA fought Darkseid in Justice League 4-6.

Sorry cant recall the Martian Manhunter instance, its just 1 page of it and we never actually see the fight though. Pretty sure you have seen the only page that had MM fight Justice League.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The team rips open their teammate Monarch destroying the universe alongside Galan... Abraxas then comes out and destroys the multiverse including the team. Nobody wins. Stalemate.

Ooooorrrrrrr....

Team kills Darkseid bringing down the multiverse alongside Galactus with it. Abraxas appears but Multiverse is already destoyed. Abraxas gets sad. Nobody wins but Abraxas is sad.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump