DC: Batman vs The Flash

• 75 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hasn't batman taken down the entire League before with his prep? >.> This thread says prep for batman not the flash, so the flash would come in on the rules of a random engagement. Depending on version of flash this is . . .

Batman has shown himself to be one of DC's finest when it comes to prep, if Flash rushes him when five months of prep has been done in the batcave I shudder to think.

No. During Tower of Babel, Ra's stole his plans and temporarily disabled the league, but it failed. It was also massive PIS in a couple of instances (Flash was defeated by a vibrating bullet when he has always dodged bullets instead of phasing through them). This is Barry Allen, though, who was not the Flash that was disabled during Tower of Babel. Barry has shown to actively and frequently use his Speed Mind, which gives him precognition and allows him to think up every eventuality in an instant. Even in a random encounter, Flash can do more thinking in a second than Batman can do in months.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Not even a Flash fan, but I have to say Flash. Just because you prep and plan a battlefield doesn't mean it always works out the way you want it to.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

This being comic world, I guess Batman v Flash would be a good battle, but I always have a problem with all these Batman vs Flash/Green Lantern/Superman battles because I just don't see how a person with normal human powers could realistically beat a super powered person if any sort of logic was applied. Flash moves so fast, logically he would have Batman unconscious and tied up before Batman could blink, but I guess he would invent some sort of armour to protect himself against Flash's attacks and super gas him or something! Its amazing that in the Dark Knight rises film, even with masses of "prep" Batman struggled to defeat Bane, an individual who is probably only as strong as one of the worlds strongest man contestants, yet Batman fans will have you believing he could beat anyone in the DC universe including Superman, Flash, Wonder Woman, GL, Darkseid etc....I'm not a Batman hater, I've always liked him, but I think his main opponents in the comics are non super powered for a reason!

Avatar image for digitalshooter9
DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dredeuced: Look, thinking fast and intellect are WAAY different ideas. Batman may not think as fast as flash but no matter how much flash could think in a second, he cannot match up to a plan batman could come up with. Batman isn't called the worlds greatest detective for no reason. He has 5 months prep and knows the weakness of Flash. Furthermore, the fight is in the bat cave, which means batman could simply set a trap for the Flash as he has the whole cave in his control. Please be real, If batman were to fight a moral off barry and had a 5 month prep, he would get every angle covered and come up with a flawless plan to take him down. The plans in the tower of Babel were to neutralise, not to kill, if you didn't know, the speed force carries a risk for flash. If batman were to actually play around with Flashes speed force, he cold end up making it deadly for him. Flash never used the speed force to its full potential because there is a risk of him disappearing in it. That is the reason batman has came up with a vibrational bullet plan. If batman were to kill the flash, HE COULD HAVE FOUND A WAY TO DAMGE HIM VIA HIS SPEED FORCE. Given 5 months prep, batman could achieve this. And again, if deathstroke can do something to flash, Batman could do it better.

Avatar image for digitalshooter9
DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By DigitalShooter9

@dredeuced:

@digitalshooter9 said:

@ghostravage said:

Flash takes it, just a little tap on the Speed Force and everyone is done. Also it could be only 3 imp or going intangible and do what he did to Amazo (i may be wrong...maybe that was Wally)

I believe batman could come up with a way to disable his use of the speed force.

If he could then his Tower of Babel strategy wouldn't have been so crappy and wouldn't have relied on Flash being an idiot.

What is so crappy about his Tower of Babel strategy? Batman intended to disable the flash, not to kill him. He could find a way to damage his speed force but it could be deadly for flash in that case. And your argument is that flash is an idiot? That only means he gets stomped by a Batman with 5 months prep.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Dredeuced

@digitalshooter9: Prove that Batman can mess with the Speed Force.

Flash's super speed thinking is not to make him smarter than Batman (though Barry is a genius in his own right), but because it gives him precognition. No matter what strategy Batman preps for the fight, Barry will use his Speed Mind to decipher it in the instant the fight starts and circumvent it. It is a broken power.

Also, Wally "never used the Speed Force to its full potential" -- is this a joke? Wally used the Speed Force to its potential better than anyone ever. He beat Death. He outran instantaneous travel (which doesn't even make SENSE). You know what he did after beating death? He ran into the Speed Force and pulled his dead wife out of it then came back. Wally West didn't have to worry about disappearing into the Speed Force for years. The vibrating bullet only worked because Flash, for the only time in his career, phased through the bullet instead of dodging it, catching it, or stealing its speed like he always does. It was PIS at its finest. Just like Wonder Woman being so stupid that she'd fight herself into heart failure.

That said, this is Barry Allen and not Wally. Barry Allen can not only travel into and out of the Speed Force effortlessly, he can dump others into it. A power that Batman has no knowledge of. A power that, no matter how much prep Batman has, he can circumvent because he isn't aware of it. There's no counter for, during the first femtosecond of the fight, Barry looks at Batman and banishes him to another dimension that he has no way of escaping. Your argument is "Batman with prep counters the Speed Force because I say so," -- my argument is "Batman hasn't shown he can do that -- if he could cut someone off from the speed force or disable it then he would've done it in his Flash contingency plan." One's baseless wanking of the Batman with Prep trope, one's an actual thing that happened.

guanofriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By guanofriend

Batman would beat Flash.

Intelligence always triumph over raw power.

Avatar image for captainmarvelthunder
CaptainMarvelThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash FTW

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman stomps as he is the herald of DC.

Batman-Hush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60  Edited By Batman-Hush

Mismatch.

Thorverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In reality, Batman has likely prepared the Bat Cave for a Flash attack since the advent of the Speed Force into DC canon. The additional five months would likely only be to fine tune his defenses. My guess it involved a temporal phase trap that literally goes back in time the moment it is touched by Flash. Flash is moving forward while the force field phases back in time, trapping Flash. Not saying Batman takes the majority, but he is getting some wins here.

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman locks in the Hellbat Armor and prays his plan to make Barry touch the future lightning rod works.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By legacy6364

Batman would beat Flash.

Intelligence always triumph over raw power.

Bullsh*#

TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are (very few) comic characters smart enough to get around Flash's speed even with prep. Reed Richards comes to mind

Batman isn't anywhere close to that list

pokeyourjimmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman wins easily.

The Batman downplay is no longer amusing.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman wins easily.

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!

pokeyourjimmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pokeyourjimmy said:

Batman wins easily.

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Yeah?

TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By legacy6364

@legacy6364 said:

@pokeyourjimmy said:

Batman wins easily.

Yeah?

No Caption Provided

pokeyourjimmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pokeyourjimmy said:

@legacy6364 said:

@pokeyourjimmy said:

Batman wins easily.

Yeah?

No Caption Provided

And yet Batman still wins with prep, isn't it simple? I cannot recall a single instance where Batman loses.

Yes, he loses a battle, but he never loses the war.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By legacy6364

@pokeyourjimmy said:

@legacy6364 said:

@pokeyourjimmy said:

@legacy6364 said:

@pokeyourjimmy said:

Batman wins easily.

Yeah?

No Caption Provided

And yet Batman still wins with prep, isn't it simple? I cannot recall a single instance where Batman loses.

Yes, he loses a battle, but he never loses the war.

That explains why Gotham is worst than ever.

pokeyourjimmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@legacy6364: That was PIS. You don't want to run out of Batman stories to read don't you?

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@legacy6364: That was PIS. You don't want to run out of Batman stories to read don't you?

Lets agree to disagree. I don't want to compromise the integrity of this thread any further.