JKBart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

The rules

• Darth Zannah's iteration from Dynasty of Evil timeline.
  • Everybody is in character.
  • All of the combatants don't have their lightsabers. They can fight only unarmed, with improvised weapons, or with the Force. Rewording this - nobody has their lightsabers.
  • Fight takes place here: LINK - people aren't there, but the objects are, and can be used.

The gauntlet

1. Deceived Darth Malgus
  2. TCW Darth Maul
  3. RotS Mace Windu
  4. RotJ Darth Vader
  5. Exar Kun
  6. SoR Revan
  7. Darth Plagueis
  8. RotS Yoda
TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Stops at Vader or Kun.

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loses every round

She's physically inferior and everyone here has far better offensive force abilities than she does

Bat_Siri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could Stop at 2 if she Doesn't Play her Cards right. But If she Does... Stops at 3 :P

TheMuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She can certainly defend herself from TK attacks up to probably mace, or even above. and she can also send bane (granting he was distracted) flying. I question force lightning, considering I have never heard of Zannah using it, and aside from blocking it with her light saber, idk if she can deal with it. as to sorcery if she can hit her opponents with it then they are going down hard, up to probably Vader.

As to physical she is skilled in unarmed combat sure, but I doubt she is above Maul, or arguably Malgus.

So over all, I have no idea where she would stop, I could see her getting to Vader, or Mace. However I would appreciate someone could tell me how she would deal with force lightning aside from possibly dodging it.

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By GeorgeWBush

Bane was heavily weakened by drugs and unarmed when she blasted him, even if she hits someone with her illusions she lacks any telekinetic feats or lightning feats to suggest she'd down them or prevent herself from getting ragdolled by superior telekinetics like Maul or Malgus.

She's outclassed in TK or any offensive for abilities.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themuser: If she could throw up a barrier to defend against a mine going off, I don't see why she wouldn't do so against Force Lightning.

TheMuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas: tru, meetra was able to do much the same as I recall.

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at two

Brightsteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Brightsteel

Mace punches her to death, 'cuz he's racist and shit.

Avatar image for traskindustries
traskindustries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ends in sex

TheMuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bane was heavily weakened by drugs and unarmed when she blasted him, even if she hits someone with her illusions she lacks any telekinetic feats or lightning feats to suggest she'd down them or prevent herself from getting ragdolled by superior telekinetics like Maul or Malgus.

She's outclassed in TK or any offensive for abilities.

True, bane was recovering and off guard, but still a impressive feat against someone who, also while in a weakened state (having not slept in days trying to process the ritual of essence transfer), protected himself from multiple concussion grenades.

Half a dozen concussion grenades tossed in from every side clattered on the floor at his feet. As they exploded, Bane simply enveloped himself in the Force, creating a protective cocoon that absorbed the impact and left him standing completely unharmed.

Source: Dynasty of Evil

Honestly, I can't see her getting rag dolled, but anyone in the room less then vader (I.E. throwing her around the room at will) considering she has defended herself from banes TK attacks circa rule of two obelisk bane. note that this was a zannah I think about a decade before her prime. beyond this, a amped bane circa PoD destroyed a temple with TK. However, this was done both before bane got his obelisks (which increase his power) and I think about 2 decades before RoT

Bane hit her with a powerful Force throw, sending her hurtling backward. Only the barrier she had instinctively thrown up at the last second to shield herself saved her bones from being shattered by the concussive force of the impact.

Source: Rule of Two

On the landing high above Kas’im stood beneath the massive arch of the Temple entrance, staring down at him.

"I will follow you wherever you run," he said. "Wherever you go I will eventually find you and kill you. Don’t live your life in fear, Bane. Better to end it now."

"I agree," Bane replied, hurling out the wave of Force energy he had been gathering during the Blademaster’s speech.

There was nothing subtle about Bane’s attack: the massive shock wave shook the very foundations of the great Rakatan Temple. The concussive blast had enough power to shatter every bone in Kas’im’s body and pulverize his flesh into a mass of pulpy liquid. But at the last possible instant he threw up a shield to protect himself from the attack.

Unfortunately, he couldn’t shield the Temple around him. The walls exploded into great chunks of rubble. The archway collapsed in a shower of stone, burying Kas’im beneath tons of rock and mortar. A second later the rest of the roof caved in, drowning out the Twi’lek’s dying screams with a deafening rumble.

Bane watched the spectacle of the Temple’s implosion from the safety of the ground at the foot of the stairs. Billowing clouds of dust rolled out from the wreckage and down the stairs toward him. Exhausted by the long lightsaber battle and drained by the sudden unleashing of the Force, he simply lay there until he was covered in a layer of fine white powder.

Source: Path of Destruction

Beyond this, if she can buy time, she can use a illusion which will bring her opponent to their knees, and likely finish them off with a improvised weapon of some kind (as said in the OT). or just hit them with tk that they will be unable to defend themselves against.

So, ye I don't see why she would get rag dolled by Malgus circa deceived tbh.

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themuser: Bane was drawing heavily on the nexus of Lehon for his temple feat, that feat has been debunked so many times its not even representative of his own power. Even if Zannah hits them she has no way to down them seeing as everyone here outclasses her in physicals, and can recover from her illusions seeing as Malgus and Maul both have immense willpower.

Honestly, I can't see her getting rag dolled, but anyone in the room less then vader (I.E. throwing her around the room at will) considering she has defended herself from banes TK attacks circa rule of two obelisk bane. note that this was a zannah I think about a decade before her prime. beyond this, a amped bane circa PoD destroyed a temple with TK. However, this was done both before bane got his obelisks (which increase his power) and I think about 2 decades before RoT

She was hurled on her ass by Bane's telekinetic attack, how is that proof she can withstand attacks from Malgus who can blast away tons of rubble from collapsed buildings, explode ships with force scream, telekinetically stall Dragonfly class dropships, slam massive blast doors shut,blast Aryn Leneer across a hangar, or Maul who can blast away armies of people, drag ETA class shuttles, and ragdoll Kenobi (who has better TK feats than Zannah.

True, bane was recovering and off guard, but still a impressive feat against someone who, also while in a weakened state (having not slept in days trying to process the ritual of essence transfer), protected himself from multiple concussion grenades.

Hurling an injured force user who was drugged doesn't mean she can repeat the same feat against anyone here

Emperordmb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think she stops at Kun. She can dodge Malgus's lightning or deflect it with her force abilities, handle defending against telekinesis and use her sorcery to bring her enemies down. Kun's force usage is both powerful and versatile though so I don't think she'll get that chance against him.

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By GeorgeWBush

Her own defensive force abilities failed to defend against Bane without getting floored, lol,

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DBT lowballing persists...

She makes it up to Mace or potentially Vader. She could also get to Kun if she takes advantage of Vader's guilt but I don't see that for a majority.

Emperordmb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Emperordmb

@georgewbush: Bane is more than capable as of even the beginning of his orbalisk infestation of collapsing the temple of the ancients and liquefying a person with a single force wave. When he first got two orbalisks, he was stated as being more powerful than he had ever been and channeling a surge of force energy he had never known before, making him more than powerful enough to replicate his Lehon feat. Give him a decade of continued mastery, more orbalisks, and a continued study of Revan's holocron and Nadd's holocron and he's even more powerful.

And Zannah was floored by ROT Bane well before her prime

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@wollfmyth209:

Vader was keeping himself alive via sheer will power alone; Zannah sorcery won't grant her any sort of majority.

noobsnowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By noobsnowman

Stops at 2.

EDIT: Whoops, lightsabers aren't allowed. She can get past Maul, but she stops at Vader for sure.

Brightsteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Srsly tho, Exar stomps her into the dirt.

TheMuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@georgewbush:

Bane was drawing heavily on the nexus of Lehon for his temple feat, that feat has been debunked so many times its not even representative of his own power. Even if Zannah hits them she has no way to down them seeing as everyone here outclasses her in physicals, and can recover from her illusions seeing as Malgus and Maul both have immense willpower.

Um Yeah, it is a nexus feat, so are a lot of vitiates feats and yet people still take them into consideration. and this is 3 decades before banes prime. How is it irrelevant?

she isn't as strong as malgus certainly, but she is more agile and possibly faster tbh. so outclassed is a bit of a stretch.

...lol, hold up, let me repeat what you just said.

and can recover from her illusions seeing as Malgus and Maul both have immense willpower.

first of all, where does it say that malgus has a lot of willpower? evidence plz. beyond that every single person she has used her sorcery on has been beaten by the illusions except 1, Bane himself (who only dismissed it with great difficulty)

For instance, set harth, who was considered to be the greatest threat to the jedi after the sith's destruction was put in a coma for days after just one of zannah's spells

As he drew near, she responded not with physical violence, but rather a powerful spell of Sith sorcery that attacked Set's mind. He tried to throw up a protective Force barrier in response, but Zannah's power shredded his defenses, leaving him completely vulnerable.

With Set, however, she did not intend to destroy him completely. Instead she enveloped him in a cloud of utter despair and hopelessness. She reached into the innermost recesses of his mind and wrapped it in the nothingness of the void.

Set's eyes went blank, his jaw hung slack, and his lightsaber slipped from nerveless fingers. He slowly slumped to the ground, his eyes closing and his body trembling slightly as he curled up into a fetal position.

This was to be his final test. A weak mind would collapse upon itself to wither and die, leaving the victim forever comatose. If Set was strong, however, his will would fight back against the horror. Little by little it would tear away at the emptiness, refusing to die, clawing its way back to the surface until consciousness finally returned.

If Set was truly worthy of being her apprentice, he would recover from his current condition in a day or two.

Along with this Sarro Xaj, a jedi master who was sent with the strike team to kill bane and zannah, while being amped with battle meditation, zannah was able to quickly eliminate with sorcery.

The big man hesitated, casting a quick glance over toward the others to see what had happened. Seizing the opportunity, Zannah's fingers flickered in strange patterns as she unleashed her Sith sorcery at her foe.

His eyes went wide and he stumbled away from her, his lightsaber swinging wildly at the air around him as he was beset on all sides by imaginary demons. Flailing in half-mad terror at the invisible monsters, he ignored Zannah as she swooped in and ended his life with one long, diagonal stroke across his muscular chest.

Now, beyond this, the only person to ever get past her sorcery was bane, but bane had a few advantages, for one thing, bane already had good tp defense's. he was able to resist kaan's efforts to influence him.

Bane stayed in the position of supplication until the Dark Lord was well out of sight, then stood up and brushed the dirt from his knees with a grim scowl. He had felt Kaan's efforts to dominate his mind, but they had had no more effect than a rusted knife scraping against the hide plates of a Halurian ice-boar. Yet he had seized on the opportunity and delivered a performance worthy of the greatest dramatist on Alderaan.

Kaan was convinced the thought bomb was the key to the Sith victory, and he was about to ensnare the rest of the Brotherhood in his web of madness. The second phase of Bane's plan was set in motion. By nightfall the next day it would all be over.

Source: Path of Destruction

this being the same kaan who casually influenced people who, qordis, one of the brotherhood of darkness most powerful members said he would rather have 1 sith master (I.E. the people kaan is influencing) then have 1000 normal sith solders.

And once again remember this is bane 3 decades before his prime...beyond even this however, bane had prep, knowing his apprentice would use sorcery against him, and knew exactly how to combat it.

He had encouraged Zannah's training in Sith sorcery, knowing she might very well use it against him one day. If it turned out he wasn't strong enough to survive, then he wasn't worthy of being the Dark Lord of the Sith.

That didn't mean he was unprepared, however. Dark side sorcery was complex; it attacked the psyche in ways that were difficult to explain and even more difficult to defend against. Bane had no talent for it, yet he had done his best to study the techniques. What he learned was that the only real counter was the victim's strength of will.

Darth Bane: Dynasty of Evil

And even with all this prep, with all of this power and ability, Bane still only got through zannah's sorcery with great difficulty, so the notion that malgus can just dismiss it is somewhere between laughable and impossible.

She was hurled on her ass by Bane's telekinetic attack, how is that proof she can withstand attacks from Malgus who can blast away tons of rubble from collapsed buildings, explode ships with force scream, telekinetically stall Dragonfly class dropships, slam massive blast doors shut,blast Aryn Leneer across a hangar, or Maul who can blast away armies of people, drag ETA class shuttles, and ragdoll Kenobi (who has better TK feats than Zannah.

True, she was sent backwards, but this is obelisk bane, someone who is, to my understanding (DMB prob has the quote) more powerful than his PoD self. and she keep herself from dying, still about a decade before her prime. However, a Prime Bane, knew that it would be pointless to use TK against her....someone who should be temple busting level.

Both she and Bane knew how to surround themselves with an invisible field of energy that absorbed or repelled the most basic tricks taught to any Jedi or Sith. But Bane could unleash devastating bolts of dark side lightning from his hands almost at will.

I will say, staling the dragonfly class star ship is good, but to bad he wasn't powerful enough to keep it from getting away. Any chance I could get evidence on that exploding ships with force scream?

but considering Banes own statements and thoughts, Zannah should be able to repel these.

Hurling an injured force user who was drugged doesn't mean she can repeat the same feat against anyone here

A quote for ya.

He began to gather the dark side, the power slowly building. But before he could unleash it he was hit by a wall of thunderous force rolling out from a corridor to his left. Instinctively he threw up a defensive shield, absorbing the blow. Despite this, he was slammed against the opposite wall, knocking the breath from his lungs.

Lucia was not so fortunate. Unable to call upon the Force to protect herself, she was sent careering down the corridor, flipping and twisting. Her skull smashed against the stone half a dozen times as her body ricocheted off the walls and ceiling, reducing it to a bloody, misshapen mess. Her corpse finally tumbled to a stop thirty meters away where the hall made an abrupt ninety-degree turn.

This is a significant amount of time after he is off the drugs, and has been fighting solders for awhile now, and remember banes previous barrier feat, bane was exhausted, and still able to defend himself with ease. but he was unable to prevent himself from being sent back by this attack, yes, bane wasn't at 100%, but Zannah wasn't at her full power in RoT, and we know basic TK wouldn't work on each other.

So, to break it down for ya, Malgus is screwed the moment zannah using her illusions. and until then, she can protect herself, 10 years before her prime, from being ripped apart by a temple bust, (Tho she was sent back) and can at her prime, force someone who is above temple busting level to say "tk is worthless against each other"

Sounds like she is above deceived malgus to me tbh.

She could deal with force lightning by simply blocking it as she's done in the past. On this list only Plagueis or Revan could possibly disarm her with lightning and that's pretty debatable.

Um, she don't have no light saber in this encounter does she? @darkdefender

ForklifterMatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas said:

Stops at Vader or Kun.

^This and...

DBT lowballing persists...

She makes it up to Mace or potentially Vader. She could also get to Kun if she takes advantage of Vader's guilt but I don't see that for a majority.

^this.....

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By GeorgeWBush

@themuser:

Um Yeah, it is a nexus feat, so are a lot of vitiates feats and yet people still take them into consideration. and this is 3 decades before banes prime. How is it irrelevant?

she isn't as strong as malgus certainly, but she is more agile and possibly faster tbh. so outclassed is a bit of a stretch.

Valkorion has plenty of feats that take place off nexus that warrant him being placed as one of the Strongest force users in galactic history, being 3 decades before Bane's prime means nothing it still takes place in an area of heavy darkside energies, and off world ala Ruusan his best TK feat was breaking boxes. Its pretty obvious he was amped, and Silver and plenty of others have debunked that feat time to move on.

first of all, where does it say that malgus has a lot of willpower? evidence plz. beyond that every single person she has used her sorcery on has been beaten by the illusions except 1, Bane himself (who only dismissed it with great difficulty)

For instance, set harth, who was considered to be the greatest threat to the jedi after the sith's destruction was put in a coma for days after just one of zannah's spells

Malgus survived being smashed through a mountainside by an amped Satele's force wave, and still was able to kill multiple Jedi while heavily injured/near death. Maul survived bifurcation became stronger in the force as a result of his experience, both events required massive amounts of willpower in order to survive. Set Harth was also only considered a threat because the Jedi thought the Sith went extinct after the Thought bomb, you're taking the quote out of context. Even if Zannah hits them the spell will wear off eventually, or they'll power through it- and she has no way of harming them in the force as her TK feats are pathetic and she doesn't know/hasn't demonstrated lightning

Along with this Sarro Xaj, a jedi master who was sent with the strike team to kill bane and zannah, while being amped with battle meditation, zannah was able to quickly eliminate with sorcery.

Show me a single feat that would place Sarro anywhere near the same universe as Malgus and Maul in terms of willpower/surviving events that would've killed Sarro and we'll talk

And even with all this prep, with all of this power and ability, Bane still only got through zannah's sorcery with great difficulty, so the notion that malgus can just dismiss it is somewhere between laughable and impossible.

I never claimed Malgus would "shrug it off", I'd said it'd eventually wear off and this is assuming he doesn't outright ragdoll her or smash her bones seeing as you've shown nothing that places her as comparably powerful in the force as either Maul or Malgus. She can't just instantly use it as seen as when Sarro/Bane were pressing their offense, and given Bane is more powerful than Zannah in everything barring sorcery she lacks any way to incapacitate/kill Malgus even after she hits them (Which is up in the air).

True, she was sent backwards, but this is obelisk bane, someone who is, to my understanding (DMB prob has the quote) more powerful than his PoD self. and she keep herself from dying, still about a decade before her prime. However, a Prime Bane, knew that it would be pointless to use TK against her....someone who should be temple busting level.

When is it stated that he thought it'd be pointless to use TK against her? In their fight on Ruusan he blasted her away with Force scream, and only lost the duel when he had time to hit her with sorcery. If he had utilized telekinesis or lightning he would've fared much better if not won. Zannah has nothing in her offensive force abilities placing her above DOE Bane either.

This is a significant amount of time after he is off the drugs, and has been fighting solders for awhile now, and remember banes previous barrier feat, bane was exhausted, and still able to defend himself with ease. but he was unable to prevent himself from being sent back by this attack, yes, bane wasn't at 100%, but Zannah wasn't at her full power in RoT, and we know basic TK wouldn't work on each other.

Again that feat was when Zannah was attacking him while he was disarmed, weakened by the drugs administered in the stone prison, and even then her TK attack did nothing to him. Bane at full power wouldn't be harmed by any of Zannah's telekinetic showings I'm aware of, and even as of Dynasty of Evil her only real advantage was sorcery which isn't enough to beat Malgus or Maul when they can outright dominate her with TK as Bane did in ROT/when he blasted her back in their final duel with Force scream.

So, to break it down for ya, Malgus is screwed the moment zannah using her illusions. and until then, she can protect herself, 10 years before her prime, from being ripped apart by a temple bust, (Tho she was sent back) and can at her prime, force someone who is above temple busting level to say "tk is worthless against each other"

So how is she supposed to kill them when all she has is sorcery? Again show me anything in her telekinetic or other offensive feats to s suggest she can do anything but momentarily incapacitate them or kill them in unarmed combat. Maul is a better unarmed fighter, Malgus is physically stronger and can break her bones/snap her neck. She lacks any TK feats to suggest she can even harm them, and her sorcery will wear off after a while. You also haven't shown any type of weapon she'd use while being deprived of her lightsaber either to kill them, is she supposed to punch them to death?

Sounds like she is above deceived malgus to me tbh.

Sure if you count for the fact she has vastly inferior TK, zero demonstrations of lightning, only pushed a weakened/disarmed Bane into a wall to no noticeable effect, and can't prevent herself from being tooled by telekinesis after being blown back by either Maul or Malgus

Snake-White

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at 4 or 5.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dadivineking:

Sheer willpower and the Force. Bane's done similar to Vader and Zannah managed to mindrape him just fine.

Avatar image for echostarlord117
echostarlord117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at Vader

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@wollfmyth209 said:

@dadivineking:

Sheer willpower and the Force.

No shit, your point?

Bane's done similar to Vader

No, he hasn't.

and Zannah managed to mindrape him just fine.

It's a good thing Vader's will and strength in the Force supersedes Bane's own. Not to mention, it took her time to gather up the energy to release the level of sorcery she displayed against Bane; I don't see Vader giving her the time. He's a far superior melee combatant, has a noticible TK advantage, and the strength to practically break her apart, if - and when - he closes the gap.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dadivineking:

The thought occurs to me that you're arguing that Vader wins a majority, which I never said he doesn't. I just said Zannah can win some rounds.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Emperordmb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Emperordmb

"Zannah's illusions will just wear off if she uses them on Malgus or Maul" is a really stupid argument. Zannah's illusions actually intensify the longer they go on, as shown pre-prime on Serenno. They don't just wear off. The person hit by them either overcomes them or their mind is destroyed, and the longer they go on, the more intense they become, and the less of a chance the victim has at powering through them.

Likewise Malgus's showings of willpower really don't compare to Bane's, as Kopecz, Bane's insanely far inferior in willpower, managed to keep fighting with two spears skewered through his chest and several arrows in the back of his neck, and Bane pushed through a pain far greater than any Malgus has ever been described experiencing to initiate a powerful complex and dangerous ritual.

Likewise Maul's experience being cut in half and going insane for ten years would make him more susceptible to Zannah's illusions, as her sorcery has more trauma to work with. Especially since this is Maul's mind left to its own devices after he passed out out in the desert, hardly comparable with what Zannah's sorcery would inflict:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Likewise, Windu, while not possessing Bane's insane feats of Force power, carries with him a rather heavy amount of guilt for the deaths of many of his fellow Jedi:

When I faced the choice to kill a former Jedi Master, or to save Kenobi and young Skywalker and the Senator... I let the Force choose for me. I followed my instincts.

I made the Jedi choice.

And so: Dooku escaped. And so: the galaxy is at war. And so: many of my friends have been slaughtered.

There is no such thing as a second chance.

Strange: Jedi I am, yet I drown in regret for having spared a life.

Many survivors of Geonosis suffer from nightmares. I have heard tale after tale from the Jedi healers who have counseled them. Nightmares are inevitable; there has not been such a slaughter of Jedi since the Sith War, four thousand years ago. None of them could have imagined how it would feel to stand in that arena, surrounded by the corpses of their friends, in the blazing orange noon and the stench and the blood-soaked sand. I may be the only veteran of Geonosis who doesn't have nightmares of that place.

Because in my dreams, I always do it right.

My nightmare is what I find when I wake up.

Jedi have shatterpoints, too.

Shatterpoint

And while on Haruun Kaal experienced nightmares so bad Depa screaming and him waking up to the Haruun Kal jungles was preferable to remaining asleep.

Depa's screams are a mercy.

Because my own nightmares don't wake me.

My nightmares suck me down, drowning me in a blind gluey chaos of anxiety and pain; they are more than simple anxiety dreams of wounds or suffering or the varieties of gruesome maiming, dismemberment, and death available in the jungle.

In my dreams here, I have seen the destruction of the Jedi.The death of the Republic. I have seen the Temple in ruins, the Senate smashed, and Coruscant itself shattered by orbital bombardment from immense ships of impossible design. I have seen Coruscant, the seat of galactic culture, become a jungle far more hostile and alien than any on Haruun Kal.

I have seen the end of civilization.

Depa's screams bring me back to the jungle and the night.

A week ago, I could not have imagined that to wake up in this jungle would be a relief.

Shatterpoint

Then of course there's the obvious of Depa Billaba, his own Padawan, going insane, turning to the dark side, and trying to kill him. Same goes for his close friend Sora Bulq betraying him and trying to frame him for murdering Jedi as well.

In regards to Vader, I don't think I need to elaborate too much on the psychological trauma he carries from his mom being gang-raped to death by tusken raiders, betraying everyone he once loved, having all of his limbs cut off and being burned alive, having Sidious constantly looking for someone to replace him with, and his own apparent self-loathing. Likewise, I believe Bane's vast superiority to Kopecz in willpower, and him surviving being trapped in an intensified storm of his own force lightning that left orbalisk shells blacked and brittle with the orbalisks burrowing deeper and deeper into Bane's body with their teeth while expanding to the point where they were chewing through his bones prior to exploding inside of him and releasing a deadly poison, both of which were prior to his true peak in willpower as of DOE where he fought through a pain beyond what anyone in the first half of this gauntlet has experienced is sufficiently comparable to Vader's own feats of willpower.

In regards to lightning, she has already dodged several lightning bursts in quick succession and perceived lightning in slow motion before, as well as having shielded herself and Laa from the Force storm on Ruusan.

Bane fought back with short, concentrated bursts of lightning, aiming at her boots to disrupt her footwork and keep her off balance.

Zannah took quick stuttering steps to avoid the attack and keep him from gaining a reprieve.

As she gathered herself to charge, Bane fired off another bolt of lightning. She ducked to the side and it whizzed past her ear, striking the wall and sending up a shower of dust and stone flecks.

Despite missing her the first time, Bane followed it up with another blast on the exact same trajectory. Turning her head to follow the course of the misguided bolt, Zannah saw where the first had hit the wall. The stone had been disintegrated in a fist-sized hole, revealing something that looked like bright red plastic beneath it.

She recognized it as the casing of a demolition charge just in time to throw herself backward, using the Force to shield herself from the worst of the explosion. She was thrown clear as the entire wall blew out, sending huge chunks of stone spewing into the passage. The ceiling was shredded, tearing loose massive blocks that tumbled to the ground.

No Caption Provided
Jedi vs Sith
Jedi vs Sith

Likewise, Zannah is a demonstrated telekinetic savant, consciously levitating herself to stop her jump off of a cliff as her very first display of telekinesis, as well as snapping the necks of two Jedi and disintegrating Darovit's arm in a bloody explosion, all with no training.

No Caption Provided

He had killed Laa! “What's the mat-" His voice was cut short as she snapped his neck with the Force. The eyes of his companion went wide in horror, but before he could do anything else she had broken his neck, too.

Darth Bane: Path of Destruction

Just as she had done when she had broken the necks of the unfortunate Jedi who had accidentally killed her friend, the girl unleashed a wave of unstoppable dark side energy. She acted on pure instinct, drawing on her natural affinity for the Force with no forethought, preparation, or even training. It happened so quickly Bane never even had a chance to put up his guard . . . but the attack wasn't directed at him. The right hand of the boy she had called Tomcat-her cousin and childhood friend-disintegrated. With a mere thought she obliterated everything below his wrist: flesh, bone and tendon vanished in a bloody explosion, leaving only a ragged stump.

Darth Bane: Rule of Two

With training, Zannah is described as being at least on par with Bane in the Force,

Zannah was smart and cunning, and her powers in the dark side might be even greater than his own.

Likewise, telekinetic attacks are described as being not much use in a confrontation between Bane and Zannah, as either can shield themselves from each other.

Both she and Bane knew how to surround themselves with an invisible field of energy that absorbed or repelled the most basic tricks taught to any Jedi or Sith. But Bane could unleash devastating bolts of dark side lightning from his hands almost at will.

And Zannah was capable of slamming Bane into a wall hard enough to knock his breath out, though he was weakened and caught off guard, however had gathered his power beforehand and managed to erect a force barrier in time.

He began to gather the dark side, the power slowly building. But before he could unleash it he was hit by a wall of thunderous force rolling out from a corridor to his left. Instinctively he threw up a defensive shield, absorbing the blow. Despite this, he was slammed against the opposite wall, knocking the breath from his lungs.

So between Zannah's great natural affinity for telekinesis and her actualized power as of DOE at the very least rivaling Bane's, Zannah and Bane's ability to defend against each other's telekinetic attacks, and Zannah's ability to hurl a Bane with two notable disadvantages and one notable advantage across the room, Zannah is on par with Bane as a telekinetic powerhouse, or at the very least can defend against telekinesis on Bane's level.

As far as Bane's telekinesis goes, on Lehon in POD, Bane was capable of generating a Force wave powerful enough to literally liquidate a man with only its focal point and bring down the temple of the ancients with everything except the focal point.

There was nothing subtle about Bane's attack: the massive shock wave shook the very foundations of the great Rakatan Temple. The concussive blast had enough power to shatter every bone in Kas'im's body and pulverize his flesh into a mass of pulpy liquid. But at the last possible instant he threw up a shield to protect himself from the attack.

Unfortunately, he couldn't shield the Temple around him. The walls exploded into great chunks of rubble. The archway collapsed in a shower of stone, burying Kas'im beneath tons of rock and mortar. A second later the rest of the roof caved in, drowning out the Twi'lek's dying screams with a deafening rumble.

Bane watched the spectacle of the Temple's implosion from the safety of the ground at the foot of the stairs. Billowing clouds of dust rolled out from the wreckage and down the stairs toward him.

Darth Bane: Path of Destruction

Some may argue that this feat is completely invalidated because NEXUS!!!!, however the presence of an amp for this feat is ultimately irrelevant to DOE Bane's power, as upon the beginning of his orbalisk infestation in ROT, Bane had become more powerful than he had ever been before.

Bane reached inward to call upon the dark side, drawing it not only from himself but also from the orbalisks fastened to his chest and back. Feeling an incredible surge of power beyond any he had known before, he released it in a burst of energy. The hallucinations that had plagued his wounded mind ever since the detonation of the thought bomb vanished, instantly and utterly annihilated by his newfound power. He was stronger now than he ever had been, and he knew the visions of the dead Sith would haunt him no more.

Darth Bane: Rule of Two

Then DOE Bane is more powerful than or at the very least on par with Bane at the end of his orbalisk infestation in ROT (who is without a doubt substantially superior to when he was in the beginning of said infestation), as shown by Dynasty of Evil being faster than Zannah could've ever imagined, despite having seen Bane fight her and others in an orbalisk fueled bloodlust on both Ambria and Tython, which is more impressive comparatively for DOE Bane's force strength considering he only had his force power to amp his physical abilities with while ROT Bane was bolstered by both force based physical augmentation and chemical based physical enhancement from the orbalisks.

He was faster than she could ever have imagined.

Long story short, Darth Bane as of Dynasty of Evil is easily more than capable of replicating his telekinetic feat on Lehon.

In conclusion

• Zannah's sorcery is capable of taking out most people at the beginning of this gauntlet if they get hit by it.
  • Zannah can dodge lightning, deflect it with the Force, or possibly take cover from it given the nature of the battleground.
  • Zannah is telekinetically comparable to, or at the very least capable of defending against the telekinesis of, a man substantially more than powerful enough to unleash a telekinetic wave capable of leveling the temple of the ancients and liquidating a man.

Thus I think she falls at Kun, as Kun lacks the emotional trauma of his predecessors in this gauntlet, and possesses a wider array of abilities with which to prevent Zannah from using her sorcery in the first place.

TheMuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@georgewbush: I would bother countering you, but DMB put out his wall of text which puts my knowledge of zannah to shame, if you still wish I can make my own case and would be more than happy to do so.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Likewise Maul's experience being cut in half and going insane for ten years would make him more susceptible to Zannah's illusions, as her sorcery has more trauma to work with. Especially since this is Maul's mind left to its own devices after he passed out out in the desert, hardly comparable with what Zannah's sorcery would inflict:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Though that was just a dream that happened when Maul passed out, he didn't see that casually. Maul never see something like that in the middle of a duel or a fight, or even against Kenobi himself, on the contrary, he gained an upperhand against Kenobi most of the times, with his Force powers, or even with Dun Moch. So I don't see how it's a weakness. Maul's mind and his Force powers are made him survive from something almost impossible, and his sheer will of Force is unique as well, his will was so powerful that he even left behind a powerful Dark Side energy in the Naboo Hangar after so many years, which I don't see Zannah could do something similar in terms of Force powers.

No Caption Provided

Maul's mind and his sheer will is surely not easy to break. I can suggest it will turn out even worse if one tries to attempt to sneak on Maul's mind.

No Caption Provided

Emperordmb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erkan12:

Though that was just a dream that happened when Maul passed out, he didn't see that casually. Maul never see something like that in the middle of a duel or a fight, or even against Kenobi himself, on the contrary, he gained an upperhand against Kenobi most of the times, with his Force powers, or even with Dun Moch. So I don't see how it's a weakness.

Nobody else Zannah used her illusions on just started tripping out and seeing things in the middle of combat without her using her spells either. The point is that Maul has some pretty severe emotional trauma in his past and subconscious, and while that is almost never a problem for him, when hit with a spell designed to weaponize millions of his fears and nightmares against him at once, that will be a problem. Plus, as far as fears and nightmares go, this is a guy who has known Darth Sidious for his whole life and clearly holds plenty of fear in regards to him as well.

Maul's mind and his Force powers are made him survive from something almost impossible, and his sheer will of Force is unique as well

Same could be said of Bane surviving being trapped in a storm of force lightning powerful enough to blacken orbalisk shells, while simultaneously having orbalisks covering his entire body chew through his muscles sinew and bone while expanding inside of him, and while having his body racked with violent seizures, before having the orbalisks explode inside of his body. Not only did Bane survive that, he remained conscious throughout the event until the poison started eating away at his body. And this is well before his peak in willpower which was in Dynasty of Evil, where he experienced something far more painful than the aforementioned event and performed and extremely complex ritual while feeling that pain, which far exceeds the pain of Sidious's lightning which Maul clearly found debilitatingly agonizing. And Kopecz even has gone on fighting after being skewered through the chest by two spears and shot in the back of the neck by several arrows, and Kopecz doesn't even register next to POD Bane in willpower.

his will was so powerful that he even left behind a powerful Dark Side energy in the Naboo Hangar after so many years, which I don't see Zannah could do something similar in terms of Force powers.

Kaox Krul, someone confirmed weaker than POD Bane in both willpower and force power, corrupted an entire lake and the surrounding area with the dark side in his battle with Crian Maru. Likewise Rivan, also confirmed weaker than POD Bane, left a dark taint around for centuries after his death. And Zannah's sorcery as of ROT was so potent her spell rebuked the Huntress a decade after it had been used. Clearly something like this isn't beyond Bane or Zannah's power.

Maul's mind and his sheer will is surely not easy to break. I can suggest it will turn out even worse if one tries to attempt to sneak on Maul's mind.

Zannah is far beyond some random Iktochi telepath. Kaan has some of the best telepathic feats in the mythos, such as controlling a thousand highly mentally trained Sith at once, summoning the entire brotherhood from across the galaxy (a similar feat caused Grand Master Luke Skywalker great strain), and influenced Kopecz (who continued to fight with two spears skewered through his chest and several arrows piercing the back of his neck). Yet despite this, Kaan's best efforts to control Bane were casually shrugged off by him, and this was POD Bane. DOE Bane, who has a far stronger will than POD Bane, was almost overwhelmed by Zannah's sorcery.

Maul has amazing feats of willpower and a demonstrated telepathic resistance? Bane has similar, arguably more impressive showings of willpower and telepathic resistance, and unlike Maul, doesn't have that same degree of emotional/psychological trauma, and Zannah's sorcery almost overcame him. I never said Maul's mind would be easy to break, but I believe it will be broken nonetheless.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Erkan12

@emperordmb: Fair enough, I never doubt Bane's will over the Dark Side, but somehow Bane was weak to it. Just as explained before, Bane had no talent over it.

That didn't mean he was unprepared, however. Dark side sorcery was complex; it attacked the psyche in ways that were difficult to explain and even more difficult to defend against. Bane had no talent for it, yet he had done his best to study the techniques. What he learned was that the only real counter was the victim's strength of will.

- Taken from; Dynasty of Evil

@emperordmb said:

@erkan12:

Though that was just a dream that happened when Maul passed out, he didn't see that casually. Maul never see something like that in the middle of a duel or a fight, or even against Kenobi himself, on the contrary, he gained an upperhand against Kenobi most of the times, with his Force powers, or even with Dun Moch. So I don't see how it's a weakness.

Nobody else Zannah used her illusions on just started tripping out and seeing things in the middle of combat without her using her spells either.

She still had to hold her own first in a duel, could Maul kill Zannah before she is doing that ? It's possible, especially considering Maul's power up in the Clone Wars.

@emperordmb said:

while that is almost never a problem for him, when hit with a spell designed to weaponize millions of his fears and nightmares against him at once, that will be a problem.

Bane still resisted it in the end of it, if not for Tendrils, her spell wasn't killing him.

Bane knew it was a trick; the beasts weren't real. They were just figments of his imagination born from the repressed memories of his childhood, his greatest fears manifested in physical form. But he had conquered these fears long ago. He had turned his fear of his abusive father into anger and hate—the tools that had given him the strength to endure and eventually escape his life on Apatros.

He knew how to defeat these demons, and he struck back. Unleashing a primal scream, he channeled his terror into pure rage and lashed out with the dark side. It tore through the swarm in a burst of searing violet light, utterly obliterating them.

Zannah watched as Bane huddled against the ground, his lightsaber flailing wildly at invisible ghosts, but she didn't let her concentration falter. Bane's mind was strong; if she let up even for an instant he might break free of the spell.

For a second she thought she had won as Bane let out a shriek, but the burst of energy that followed sent her reeling backward.

Regaining her balance she saw that Bane was on his feet again, and she knew he had resisted the spell. But she still had one more surprise for her Master.

- Taken from ; Dynasty of Evil

How can you be so sure that Maul will not do the same, especially considering the things that he has survived, considering his will power, considering his feat of killing a telepath with nothing but his dark thoughts.

@emperordmb said:

Zannah is far beyond some random Iktochi telepath.

Indeed, I think it would be better if I suggest that Maul will resist her spell, instead of killing her just like he did to Black Sun's Iktochi telepath. It's still a very good feat in terms of mind control.

@emperordmb said:

Plus, as far as fears and nightmares go, this is a guy who has known Darth Sidious for his whole life and clearly holds plenty of fear in regards to him as well.

That's even better. Maul literally challenge Darth Sidious, someone who is much more powerful than anyone Zannah ever see. Maul was willful against someone like him until the moment he get disarmed and lost the fight, even at the beginning, where Sidious uses the Force on him with a surprise attack, Maul was eager to fight against him, and encouraged his apprentice to do the same.

No Caption Provided

And then again.

No Caption Provided

Maul : It would be wise to kill me.

Once more.

No Caption Provided

Maul : You come to your doom, Old Man.

If Maul was able to psychologically stand against his former master, and against Kenobi (who has cut him in half) what sorcery will work against him ? Maul's strong will make him stand against these guys in the first place.

@emperordmb said:

Maul's mind and his Force powers are made him survive from something almost impossible, and his sheer will of Force is unique as well

Same could be said of Bane surviving being trapped in a storm of force lightning powerful enough to blacken orbalisk shells, while simultaneously having orbalisks covering his entire body chew through his muscles sinew and bone while expanding inside of him, and while having his body racked with violent seizures, before having the orbalisks explode inside of his body. Not only did Bane survive that, he remained conscious throughout the event until the poison started eating away at his body.

I know Bane is very very durable, but c'mon now, he couldn't survive from being cut in half.

@emperordmb said:

his will was so powerful that he even left behind a powerful Dark Side energy in the Naboo Hangar after so many years, which I don't see Zannah could do something similar in terms of Force powers.

Kaox Krul, someone confirmed weaker than POD Bane in both willpower and force power, corrupted an entire lake and the surrounding area with the dark side in his battle with Crian Maru. Likewise Rivan, also confirmed weaker than POD Bane, left a dark taint around for centuries after his death. And Zannah's sorcery as of ROT was so potent her spell rebuked the Huntress a decade after it had been used. Clearly something like this isn't beyond Bane or Zannah's power.

Fair enough.

@emperordmb said:

Maul has amazing feats of willpower and a demonstrated telepathic resistance? Bane has similar, arguably more impressive showings of willpower and telepathic resistance, and unlike Maul, doesn't have that same degree of emotional/psychological trauma, and Zannah's sorcery almost overcame him. I never said Maul's mind would be easy to break, but I believe it will be broken nonetheless.

I think the difference here is that Bane always believed that Zannah will kill him somehow (due to the nature of rule of two), and he afraid of that conclusion, she also prepared for years to encounter with his master for that moment. And still, despite the fact Bane had no talent over her spells, Bane manages to resist it, and he would win if not for a place like Ambria, a place where Dark Side is strong and she used the Tendrils from there to gain advantage over Bane.

Maul's mind trauma only demonstrates how powerful his mind and his will is, in normal circumstances, even someone durable as Bane would die from that wound, but Maul survived, and stand his ground against even Darth Sidious, and defeated Kenobi (who has cut himself in two first place) with using the Force and Dun Moch, I highly doubt that she is going to influence a strong will as Maul's.

Emperordmb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Emperordmb

@erkan12:

Fair enough, I never doubt Bane's will over the Dark Side, but somehow Bane was weak to it. Just as explained before, Bane had no talent over it.

The quote says Bane has no talent for Sith Sorcery, not the Dark Side. He clearly has a natural affinity for the dark side because even before having any training the dude crushed his dad's heart and manipulated a room full of people with the strength of his anger. And Bane lacking talent in Sith Sorcery doesn't make him any more vulnerable than any of Sidious's apprentices because none of them have demonstrated an aptitude for Sith Sorcery either. If anything, Bane being familiar with Zannah's sorcery is an edge Maul doesn't have here.

She still had to hold her own first in a duel, could Maul kill Zannah before she is doing that ? It's possible, especially considering Maul's power up in the Clone Wars.

Considering Zannah survived Bane's onslaught after she was literally on her back (this is the guy who when noticeably less skilled, strong, and fast, still managed to drive back Raskta Lsu, a woman with around the same striking speed as Grievous, along with two other Jedi), she can hold her own long enough to whip em out.

That's even better. Maul literally challenge Darth Sidious, someone who is much more powerful than anyone Zannah ever see. Maul was willful against someone like him until the moment he get disarmed and lost the fight, even at the beginning, where Sidious uses the Force on him with a surprise attack, Maul was eager to fight against him, and encouraged his apprentice to do the same.

If Maul was able to psychologically stand against his former master, and against Kenobi (who has cut him in half) what sorcery will work against him ? Maul's strong will make him stand against these guys in the first place.

Maul was only willful against Sidious either when he had back up, or when he was enraged, once Sidious's superiority became clear, he was begging for mercy. And his nightmare in the desert clearly shows that Obi-Wan and his time as a cave raver can be used against him. And in addition, Maul also fears for the lives of Savage and Talzin, both of which are prominent enough to impact his decision making. In regards to Savage, Maul broke off his attack on Obi-Wan to retreat with him after he lost an arm, and in regards to Talzin, he had to be pushed away from a fight he clearly would've died in had he stuck around. And most importantly, his experiences in the cave can be used against him, as shown by his nightmare in the desert.

Oh yeah, just a note about SOD that you may be able to use in the future. I love how Sidious doesn't send any regular battle droids to fight Maul and the Mandalorians in the first issue of SOD. It's an army entirely made up of elites like super battle droids, droidekas, commando droids, and magnaguards.

I know Bane is very very durable, but c'mon now, he couldn't survive from being cut in half.

I'd argue surviving being trapped in a storm of force lightning that reduces people to ash and blackens the lightsaber resistant orbalisk shells, while his muscles were spasming uncontrollably, while parasites covering almost his entire body chew through his muscles and bones while expanding inside of his body, and then exploding inside of his body releasing a corrosive substance that began dissolving him on a molecular level is a superior feat of durability than losing the lower half of one's body. And Bane's will has a demonstrable increase between then and his prime. And Bane performing a complex ritual through the pain of losing his arm to a tendril is a superior feat of pain tolerance than Maul being cut in half.

I think the difference here is that Bane always believed that Zannah will kill him somehow (due to the nature of rule of two), and he afraid of that conclusion, she also prepared for years to encounter with his master for that moment. And still, despite the fact Bane had no talent over her spells, Bane manages to resist it, and he would win if not for a place like Ambria, a place where Dark Side is strong and she used the Tendrils from there to gain advantage over Bane.

He was the one who made the Rule of Two. He had no problem with Zannah killing him as long as she did so in combat, in fact he trained her with the hope that she would kill him in combat.

Maul's mind trauma only demonstrates how powerful his mind and his will is, in normal circumstances, even someone durable as Bane would die from that wound, but Maul survived, and stand his ground against even Darth Sidious, and defeated Kenobi (who has cut himself in two first place) with using the Force and Dun Moch, I highly doubt that she is going to influence a strong will as Maul's.

Except Bane has survived worse in the form of the lightning storm and orbalisks burrowing through his body and exploding inside of him, and Bane has at least the same strength of will, lacks the same trauma Maul has for Zannah to exploit, and unlike Maul knew to expect Zannah's sorcery.