Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By fatalsniper728
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

vs.

Both teams have amazing fighters with amazing abilites. Battle takes place in an abandoned air base. Both have 20 minutes prep. MC has an assault rifle, dual pistols, and 4 frag grenades. Who wins?

fatalsniper728

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By fatalsniper728

i feel like team 2 might be a little too fast for team 1, but lets hear what you guys think!

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MonsterStomp

I'm an xbox guy. What is Solid Snake capable of? Has he any feats to put him at MC level? Just curious.

IRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By IRS

Are we dealing with certain versions of the character or with handicaps? Cause right now I'm seeing Vader soloing....with ease....

fatalsniper728

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By fatalsniper728

@MonsterStomp: he basically has great stamina and endurance, a war commando, stealthy, like a ninja, weapons expert, and equipment expert, i dont know how he would face against mc, but it'd be interesting

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MonsterStomp

@fatalsniper728: MC has every known honor medal you can get in the 25th century except for the Prisoner of War, indicating that he's a great leader/strategist/tactical analyst etc At the age of 14 he flawed 4 highly trained soldiers before anyone could land a hit on him. Augmentation only improves from then. I don't think SS has what it takes. MC has a motion radar to counter Snakes "stealth". Not sure what Snake is doing here really.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ab1ccc482197
deactivated-5ab1ccc482197

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Solid Snake is a none factor in this fight. It's basically a two on one and team one wins.

Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Kingjohnrocks

@fatalsniper728 said:

i feel like team 2 might be a little too fast for team 1, but lets hear what you guys think!

A bit faster? Vader can kill them all before they can react.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

In a straight up fight MC would wreck Snake as much as I love him. While he certainly can do firefights, his true strength shows through his stealth tactics. That being said, Vader could probably take Samus and Snake alone due to his heightened physical stats attributed to his virtually unmatched mastery of the force. He can deflect and dodge lasers with ease so guns should be no problem.

fatalsniper728

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By fatalsniper728

@Juiceboks: do you think strategy would work in this match ? i don't want it to be a stomp fight

TheTmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheTmac

Team 1 takes this, Samus kind of got a raw deal beign stuck with Snake.

nerdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By nerdork

Vader solos...especially if we can use comic feats as cannon here.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

Snake is a tactical genius. With prep he could set up the perimeter with land mines, tripwires and such that could incapacitate and possibly kill MC but I doubt it would do much to Vader. Then it becomes a 2v1 but in a good battle I truly believe Vader would come out on top.

whacknasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By whacknasty
@MonsterStomp: You can find a few Metal Gear titles on xbox live now. All fantastic games, imo. 
Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Kingjohnrocks

This is a mismatch. Vader stomps. Flagged.

fatalsniper728

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By fatalsniper728

@Kingjohnrocks: i guess i should've thought this one better

BobSaysHi25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BobSaysHi25

Aren't most of solid snakes main enemies like low level superhumans/or androids

fatalsniper728

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By fatalsniper728

@BobSaysHi25: yeah some of them

BobSaysHi25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By BobSaysHi25

@fatalsniper728: I kinda figured that so I say team 2 might stand a chance if Darth Vader doesn't go all Force crazy on the 2 of them.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By renamed040924

@Juiceboks said:

In a straight up fight MC would wreck Snake as much as I love him. While he certainly can do firefights, his true strength shows through his stealth tactics. That being said, Vader could probably take Samus and Snake alone due to his heightened physical stats attributed to his virtually unmatched mastery of the force. He can deflect and dodge lasers with ease so guns should be no problem.

Gray Fox was murdering dozens of armed soldiers at once with a knife before he hit puberty. Handling four guys really isn't anything to brag about at all. Snake is more skilled in CQC than Master Chief and also a better marksman. The only thing that makes it iffy is MC's armor.

Pretty sure Vader can force choke all three of them though.

@Alurvelve said:

Solid Snake is a none factor in this fight. It's basically a two on one and team one wins.

How do you figure that?

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

And John was beating up trained marines when he was 14. Fact is that he's superhuman while Snake is only human and in a melee fight Snake would get his camouflaged behind handed to him. The only areas Snake can best him in are strategy, tactics and MAYBE marksmanship.

Batnandez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Batnandez

samus would beat master chief but lose against Vader, Vader could solo everyone here

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By XLR87T3

@Juiceboks: Snake actually picked up a tank turret: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/solid-snake/1227/solid-snake-respect-thread/725340/

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

Wow thats pretty impressive. I dont know how much that tank turret weighs though so its hard to gauge how strong he has to be to accomplish that. I guess you could say he is superhuman in a sense due to all the soldier serums he uses. Though I dont think hes on MC's level in strength considering the fact that he lifted a Scorpion which is supposed to weigh 66 tons.

Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Kingjohnrocks

@Juiceboks said:

And John was beating up trained marines when he was 14. Fact is that he's superhuman while Snake is only human and in a melee fight Snake would get his camouflaged behind handed to him. The only areas Snake can best him in are strategy, tactics and MAYBE marksmanship.

And Vader has cut down skilled Jedi down effortlessly, can move at a very fast speed, etc. Those Marines wouldn't have needed to get beat up. Vader would wave his hand, choke them then break their necks.

Avatar image for deactivated-1358091
deactivated-1358091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Vader solos via speed blitz or he could just telekinetically crush them, if we are using the EU feats.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27  Edited By SUNMAN

@fatalsniper728 said:

That's not saying much. Master Chief and Samus are both fast, but the other fighters aren't. Besides Solid Snake is the weak link on this team, Samus has to pull all the weight

@MonsterStomp said:

I'm an xbox guy. What is Solid Snake capable of? Has he any feats to put him at MC level? Just curious.

he's a really good soldier, which doesn't do him much good in this fight

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Rumble Man

Samus

MC/Snake are non factors

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Simon_the_digger

@Rumble Man said:

Samus

MC/Snake are non factors

fatalsniper728

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By fatalsniper728

@Rumble Man: what about snake vs. chief ?

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Rumble Man

@fatalsniper728:

make another thread for that (if not already made)

steelhound56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By steelhound56

@SUNMAN said:

@fatalsniper728 said:

That's not saying much. Master Chief and Samus are both fast, but the other fighters aren't. Besides Solid Snake is the weak link on this team, Samus has to pull all the weight

Woah, wait a second......

Vader possesses far faster reaction and combat speed than either John-117 or Samus. He's moved so fast that Jedi Knights/Masters with Force enhanced speed and reflexes haven't registered his movements. Keep in mind that an average Jedi Master can cover a distance of 100 meters in a second when augmenting their speed with the Force.

That would mean, by logic, that their reflexes would have to be operating at a similarly heightened state. Vader has to be at least a few times faster in burst speed to overwhelm a Master's reflexes to the point that they cannot react to his movements, given that most, if not all trained Force Users have battle precognition.

Vader solos the team. His raw telekinetic power is enough to crush Snake and Samus with ease. Or he could simply speedblitz

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By SUNMAN

@steelhound56 said:

@SUNMAN said:

@fatalsniper728 said:

Woah, wait a second......

Vader possesses far faster reaction and combat speed than either John-117 or Samus. He's moved so fast that Jedi Knights/Masters with Force enhanced speed and reflexes haven't registered his movements. Keep in mind that an average Jedi Master can cover a distance of 100 meters in a second when augmenting their speed with the Force.

That would mean, by logic, that their reflexes would have to be operating at a similarly heightened state. Vader has to be at least a few times faster in burst speed to overwhelm a Master's reflexes to the point that they cannot react to his movements, given that most, if not all trained Force Users have battle precognition.

Vader solos the team. His raw telekinetic power is enough to crush Snake and Samus with ease. Or he could simply speedblitz

I go by the movies not the extended universe its way to inconsistant, and the canon system is a joke

Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Kingjohnrocks

Avatar image for manhunter_prime
Manhunter_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Manhunter_Prime

@SUNMAN: If you go by only the movies then you are limited by 70's and 80's special effects, and that is not an accurate representation of Vader's power. I don't think it's fair to categorically remove the EU from the equation, and there is a level of consistency when it comes to what Vader can or cannot do.

But even if you only go by the movie versions, Vader can instantly force-choke either Samus or Snake, making this automatically 2 v. 1 in Team 1's favor.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By SUNMAN

@Manhunter_Prime said:

@SUNMAN: If you go by only the movies then you are limited by 70's and 80's special effects, and that is not an accurate representation of Vader's power. I don't think it's fair to categorically remove the EU from the equation, and there is a level of consistency when it comes to what Vader can or cannot do.

But even if you only go by the movie versions, Vader can instantly force-choke either Samus or Snake, making this automatically 2 v. 1 in Team 1's favor.

I didn't even mention Vader in this fight. All that was implied by my previos post was that he wasn't as quick as Master Chief or Samus. I meant that in terms of running/sprinting. Also I said Snake was the weak link here, which is true Snake gets destroyed by any of the other fighters.

I know Vaders got all his force mojo. Star Wars canon is a mess and ever changing on George Lucas' whims. I just stick with the movies. Yeah they were made in the 70s, can't change that they are what they are.

Also I don't really like doing fights with videogame characters for various reasons. Just let it be known whatever player I'm controlling will win

rolldestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By rolldestroyer

@Juiceboks said:

no, snake actually is a genetically enhanced soldier, though i agree that MC is superior to him.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

Yea I forgot about his soldier enhancements. Havent played a MSG game since I was getting freaked out by Psycho Mantis back in the day.

rolldestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By rolldestroyer

@Juiceboks said:

Yea I forgot about his soldier enhancements. Havent played a MSG game since I was getting freaked out by Psycho Mantis back in the day.

LMAO

ImmortalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#40  Edited By ImmortalOne

Vader solos with the force.

Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Kingjohnrocks

@SUNMAN said:

@Manhunter_Prime said:

I didn't even mention Vader in this fight. All that was implied by my previos post was that he wasn't as quick as Master Chief or Samus. I meant that in terms of running/sprinting. Also I said Snake was the weak link here, which is true Snake gets destroyed by any of the other fighters.

I know Vaders got all his force mojo. Star Wars canon is a mess and ever changing on George Lucas' whims. I just stick with the movies. Yeah they were made in the 70s, can't change that they are what they are.

Also I don't really like doing fights with videogame characters for various reasons. Just let it be known whatever player I'm controlling will win

EU is canon, weather you like it or not, weather you think it's opinion or not, It' CANON. EU vader solos.

Avatar image for randomcharachter
randomcharachter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#42  Edited By randomcharachter

Vader is too powerfull for them.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By SUNMAN

@Kingjohnrocks said:

@SUNMAN said:

@Manhunter_Prime said:

EU is canon, weather you like it or not, weather you think it's opinion or not, It' CANON. EU vader solos.

What level of canon Star Wars has like 7 levels of canon. I don't even think the word canon has the same meaning when applied to Star Wars outside of the films........which Lucas also has edited

Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Kingjohnrocks

@SUNMAN said:

@Kingjohnrocks said:

@SUNMAN said:

@Manhunter_Prime said:

What level of canon Star Wars has like 7 levels of canon. I don't even think the word canon has the same meaning when applied to Star Wars outside of the films........which Lucas also has edited

C-Canon- (Continuity Canon). This is the basic canon. This includes everything else that is confirmed to be in continuity, i.e., novels, comics, sourcebooks/handbooks, video games, etc.

credit goes to Silver2467

fatalsniper728

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By fatalsniper728

even if vader might be the most powerful, its still an interesting fight

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By XLR87T3

@Juiceboks: That was game mechanics, Master Chief lifting the tank.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By renamed040924

@Juiceboks said:

You don't seem to understand. Master Chief beating up 4 Marines is not impressive, in fact, if that's the best he can do then it's just a testament to how unskilled he is compared to Solid Snake. Like I said, Frank Jaeger was slaughtering dozens of armed soldiers at a time long before the age of 14. Frank was better than John at half his age, let alone both in they're prime. MC should have a stat advantage, but it's nothing the skill gap can't solve.

@Juiceboks said:

Wow thats pretty impressive. I dont know how much that tank turret weighs though so its hard to gauge how strong he has to be to accomplish that. I guess you could say he is superhuman in a sense due to all the soldier serums he uses. Though I dont think hes on MC's level in strength considering the fact that he lifted a Scorpion which is supposed to weigh 66 tons.

He didn't lift a tank turret. That was a Rail Gun, which packed the recoil equivalent to a tank turret. Firing that thing without even stuttering shows how much beyond peak human Snake is. Isn't MC flipping tanks just game mechanics? Either way, Master Chief is still stronger, but Snake is much faster and more skilled.

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#48  Edited By JamesKM716

@fatalsniper728: Vader solos

Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Kingjohnrocks

@fatalsniper728 said:

even if vader might be the most powerful, its still an interesting fight

It's like saying a lion vs 2 ants.. Vader is the lion and kills everyone, including Master Chief then goes off to bombard some more planets.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

Killing soldiers with a knife while impressive in its own right, isnt the same as beating up ODST's emptyhandedly. How trained were the men he killed? ODST's are the best troops the UNSC has save for the Spartans. John also did a similar thing when he beat down a group of armed marines with stones when he was 8 so there's that. In skill I can see Snake taking that category though but not by much.