• 65 results
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By The_Martian

Could the lightsaber cut through Wolverine's bones? If not could he still win?

Avatar image for the_mighty_thor
The Mighty Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By The Mighty Thor

Nobody says:

"Could the lightsaber cut through Wolverine's bones? If not could he still win? "

did that really happen

Cryo-Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Cryo-Wolf

Well, I think Darth Maul, because he has the force on his side, so he can use force push and lots of other stuff. Plus, I think the lightsaber would cut through wolverine's bones, because it's pure light.

Donnieman v5.1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Donnieman v5.1

Cryo-Wolf says:

"Well, I think Darth Maul, because he has the force on his side, so he can use force push and lots of other stuff. Plus, I think the lightsaber would cut through wolverine's bones, because it's pure light."

Yeah this seems about right. A lightsaber isn't matter so it should be able to cut through Wolvie's bones plus like Cryo said Maul has the force.

Cryo-Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Cryo-Wolf

And, also, he can do like Magneto did in the movie, and just lift Wolverine up and make him not move.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The_Martian

Yes, but remember when they tried to cut through the reinforced doors how long it took? Would it beable to cut through fast enough for him to get the kill or would he get stabbed in the face before he could.

Cryo-Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Cryo-Wolf

Well, those doors were really thick, Wolverine's bones are just metal bones. The lightsaber dug deep into the door on the first stab, but the bones are normal sbone sized, really thin. So yea, the saber probably could.

Metal Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Metal Wolf

but even if the saber cut through Wolverines claws, would that be enough to stop him? Wolverine would keep fighting until Maul killed him somehow. surely the saber would easily go through Logan's body (even through his reinforced bones), but would Maul have to chop him up into little pieces to prevent Wolverine from regenerating himself? it just seems like even though Maul has him outpowered, Wolvie would just keep coming back.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The_Martian

Cryo-Wolf says:

"Well, Wolverine can't regrow bones can he?"
Not the metal part but the actual bone he can.
Cryo-Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Cryo-Wolf

Well, Wolverine can't regrow bones can he?

Cryo-Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Cryo-Wolf

oh well, that puts a whole new spin on things. if Maul can get close enough to stab him throuh the chest, then he's done.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Forever

Why would a lightsaber cut through Wolverine's skeleton? Energy blasts and laser beams have never cut through Captain America's shield. Adamantium was made in an attempt to duplicate the metal that the shield is made out of and is nearly as impenetrable.

Cryo-Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Cryo-Wolf

because it's pure light, right?

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Forever

I dont see a lightsaber being anything more than a localized laser, held perhaps magnetically to a certain length. If that's the case then it shouldn't be able to cut through his adamantium.

Metal Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Metal Wolf

well Captain America's shield isn't adamantium. adamantium was the result of trying to duplicate the metal that the shield was composed of--therefore the shield is stronger.

as for the lightsaber, since SW is fantasy, it takes liberty with the use of light and plasma. the only thing a saber can't cut through is another saber...and mandalorian armor. so if the adamantium is stronger or just as strong as the armor, then the saber wouldn't be able to cut through wolverines bones.

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By Satyrquaze

Yes, a lightsaber can cut through Wolverine bones, and Darth Maul (most any Jedi/Sith really) has the skills to do it.

Cryo-Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Cryo-Wolf

Knew it!

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Forever

Metal Wolf says:

"well Captain America's shield isn't adamantium. adamantium was the result of trying to duplicate the metal that the shield was composed of--therefore the shield is stronger. as for the lightsaber, since SW is fantasy, it takes liberty with the use of light and plasma. the only thing a saber can't cut through is another saber...and mandalorian armor. so if the adamantium is stronger or just as strong as the armor, then the saber wouldn't be able to cut through wolverines bones."

I never actually said that the shield was made of adamantium. I said the same thing you said, in fact, but look on Marvel's website and see if they say that the shield has any adamantium in it.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By The_Martian

Forever says:

"Metal Wolf says:
"well Captain America's shield isn't adamantium. adamantium was the result of trying to duplicate the metal that the shield was composed of--therefore the shield is stronger. as for the lightsaber, since SW is fantasy, it takes liberty with the use of light and plasma. the only thing a saber can't cut through is another saber...and mandalorian armor. so if the adamantium is stronger or just as strong as the armor, then the saber wouldn't be able to cut through wolverines bones."
I never actually said that the shield was made of adamantium. I said the same thing you said, in fact, but look on Marvel's website and see if they say that the shield has any adamantium in it."
it doesn't.
Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Forever

Satyrquaze says:

"Yes, a lightsaber *can* cut through Wolverine bones, and Darth Maul (most any Jedi/Sith really) has the skills to do it."

What are you basing its ability to cut through adamantium on?

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Satyrquaze

A lightsaber can cut through anything except another lightsaber blade.

There are many instances in the comics and in EpisodeI in which a lightsaber cut through the hull of a starship.

I don't care how unbreakable adamantium is, it can still be melted, Which really how a lightsaber cuts.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Forever

Nobody says:

"Forever says:
"Metal Wolf says:
I never actually said that the shield was made of adamantium. I said the same thing you said, in fact, but look on Marvel's website and see if they say that the shield has any adamantium in it."
it doesn't. "

Under Cap's description it doesn't but if you look up Adamantium it does.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By The_Martian

Forever says:

"Nobody says:
"Forever says:
"Metal Wolf says:
it doesn't. "
Under Cap's description it doesn't but if you look up Adamantium it does."
Cap shield is made of Vibranium and Titanium.
Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Forever

Satyrquaze says:

"A lightsaber can cut through **anything** except another lightsaber blade. There are many instances in the comics and in EpisodeI in which a lightsaber cut through the hull of a starship. I don't care how unbreakable adamantium is, it can still be melted, Which really how a lightsaber cuts."

It can be melted at a certain temperature. But if the light saber doesn't exceed the listed temperature for adamantium, then it cant.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Forever

Nobody says:

"Cap shield is made of Vibranium and Titanium. "

Nobody, I'm just telling you what their site says. When I first posted, I did not say that it is made of adamantium. I said adamantium was made in an attempt to duplicate it. Marvel can have the shield made out of whatever it wants it to be made out of, but their site has conflicting information on it. That's all.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Vrakmul

Metal Wolf says:

You forgot a few materials. Cortosis is resistant to being cut by a lightsaber but when used in an alloy it makes the product brittle and pure cortosis even shorts out the lightsaber. Phrik also resistant to being cut by a lightsaber and it is far more resistant to physical attacks than Cortosis is. The real life material Electrum. And Quantum Crystalline which can only be harmed by getting sucked into a black hole.
Post Edited:2007-07-19 16:34:50
Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Satyrquaze

Forever says:

"Satyrquaze says:
"A lightsaber can cut through **anything** except another lightsaber blade. There are many instances in the comics and in EpisodeI in which a lightsaber cut through the hull of a starship. I don't care how unbreakable adamantium is, it can still be melted, Which really how a lightsaber cuts."
It can be melted at a certain temperature. But if the light saber doesn't exceed the listed temperature for adamantium, then it cant."

"Other than emitting a colored light, a lightsaber blade was a massless form that neither radiated heat nor expended energy until it came into contact with something. The power of the energy blade was so great that it could cut through almost anything, though the speed through which it cut was dependent greatly on the density of the subject. Cleaving flesh, for instance, was a smooth and unobstructed action, while rending a hole in a blast door could take a while. One important note about lightsaber wounds is that they rarely bled profusely, even when a limb had been severed. The energy blade cauterized the wound as it passed, and thus even a severe wound did not tend to bleed heavily. When cutting through dense material, the immense electromagnetic field generated by the arc causes resistance rather than letting solid matter enter and interrupt the arc. This gives the blade a feeling of being solid when emmersed in dense material. Rarely, some solid materials can actually pass through the electromagnetic field and short out the arc (see, "Resisting the lightsaber" below). Other Electromagnetic energy fields and coherent energy are also repelled by lightsabers' arcs. These include most force fields, blaster bolts, and other lightsaber blades. "

~from Wookiepedia

Given that groups such as the Canadian government is known to be able to melt adamantium, then we can safely assume that it is reachable by a group as technologically advanced as the Jedi/Sith.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Vrakmul

I don't think wolverine has any electrum at hand. Not that he'd have any.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#29  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Satyrquaze says:

"Given that groups such as the Canadian government is known to be able to melt adamantium, then we can safely assume that it is reachable by a group as technologically advanced as the Jedi/Sith."

No temperature was given. It just said that it didn't radiate heat until it hit something, not how much heat. And the technology being more advanced doesn't automatically make it hotter.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Forever

Buckshot says:

"Satyrquaze says:
" Given that groups such as the Canadian government is known to be able to melt adamantium, then we can safely assume that it is reachable by a group as technologically advanced as the Jedi/Sith. "
No temperature was given. It just said that it didn't radiate heat until it hit something, not how *much* heat. And the technology being more advanced doesn't automatically make it hotter. "

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Satyrquaze

Buckshot says:

"Satyrquaze says:
" Given that groups such as the Canadian government is known to be able to melt adamantium, then we can safely assume that it is reachable by a group as technologically advanced as the Jedi/Sith. "
No temperature was given. It just said that it didn't radiate heat until it hit something, not how *much* heat. And the technology being more advanced doesn't automatically make it hotter. "

No, but a civilization capable of building starships bristling with turbo-lasers, proton torpedoes, and engines the size of modern day aircraft carriers.. building hand-held guns that fire super-heated plasma... (!) Then I'm reasonably sure that their elite peace-keeping group could have lightsabers that could cut through adamantium.

Keeping in line with the spirit of what adamantium is and what lightsabers do, it is the logical answer.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Satyrquaze says:

"No, but a civilization capable of building starships bristling with turbo-lasers, proton torpedoes, and engines the size of modern day aircraft carriers.. building hand-held guns that fire super-heated plasma... (!) Then I'm reasonably sure that their elite peace-keeping group could have lightsabers that could cut through adamantium.Keeping in line with the *spirit* of what adamantium is and what lightsabers do, it is the logical answer."

You're saying that like they know about adamantium. Stuff has been mentioned in this thread that lightsabers can't cut through, so I'm not sure why that couldn't be the case with adamantium too. So the blade is very hot, that doesn't mean it's hot enough.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Vrakmul

Even if a lightsaber could cut through admantium, electrum is reasonably common enough to get.

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Satyrquaze

Megaguirus says:

"You forgot a few materials. Cortosis cannot be cut by a lightsaber but when used in an alloy it makes the product brittle and pure cortosis even shorts out the lightsaber. Phrik also cannot be cut by a lightsaber and it is far more resistant to physical attacks than Cortosis is. The real life material Electrum. And Quantum Crystalline which can only be harmed by getting sucked into a black hole. "

"In the duology, Luke Skywalker and Mara Jade are in fact able to cut their way through an outcropping of cortosis by hours of repeated lightsaber strokes and reactivations."

"Phrik is a very dense alloy in Star Wars. It gives resistance to lightsabers."

-from Wikipedia

The Cortosis article outright contradicts your statement.

In the Phrik article I have to point out that resistance and 'cannot be cut' are not the same thing.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Vrakmul

Satyrquaze says:

"Megaguirus says:
"You forgot a few materials. Cortosis cannot be cut by a lightsaber but when used in an alloy it makes the product brittle and pure cortosis even shorts out the lightsaber. Phrik also cannot be cut by a lightsaber and it is far more resistant to physical attacks than Cortosis is. The real life material Electrum. And Quantum Crystalline which can only be harmed by getting sucked into a black hole. "
"In the duology, Luke Skywalker and Mara Jade are in fact able to cut their way through an outcropping of cortosis by hours of repeated lightsaber strokes and reactivations." "Phrik is a very dense alloy in Star Wars. It gives *resistance* to lightsabers." -from Wikipedia The Cortosis article outright contradicts your statement. In the Phrik article I have to point out that resistance and 'cannot be cut' are *not* the same thing."

I've never seen a magnagaurd staff bieng cut by a lightsaber and it's made of phrik.

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Satyrquaze

Buckshot says:

"You're saying that like they know about adamantium. Stuff has been mentioned in this thread that lightsabers can't cut through, so I'm not sure why that couldn't be the case with adamantium too. So the blade is very hot, that doesn't mean it's hot *enough*. "

No, I'm really not.

I'm saying:

1)According to Lucas, a lightsaber can cut/burn through anything by another lightsaber blade.

2)According to Marvel comics, adamantium is very dense and nearly unbreakable, while it can be melted down.

3)I am making my posts based solely on the the prior two statements.

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Satyrquaze

Megaguirus says:

"I've never seen a magnagaurd staff bieng cut by a lightsaber and it's made of phrik."

Why would you when the Magnaguard themselves are so much softer. :D

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Vrakmul

They do try to block the slashes you know which involves using the staff to get in the way of the lightsaver? And no matter how many times the staffs are hit they don't break.
Post Edited:2007-07-19 16:46:51

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Satyrquaze

I didn't say it would be one quick slash and the staff is gone... but, I think a lightsaber would eventually cut through a M-guard's staff, but the average Jedi would sooner be able to get passed the Magnaguard's defenses rather than cut through the staff itself.

They only had 2 and 1/2 hours of screen-time it would have been boring watching Obi-Wan and Anakin wailing on this one Magnaguard's staff for the entire time.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Satyrquaze says:

""In the duology, Luke Skywalker and Mara Jade are in fact able to cut their way through an outcropping of cortosis by hours of repeated lightsaber strokes and reactivations.""Phrik is a very dense alloy in Star Wars. It gives *resistance* to lightsabers."-from WikipediaThe Cortosis article outright contradicts your statement.In the Phrik article I have to point out that resistance and 'cannot be cut' are *not* the same thing."

So lightsabers could eventually cut through those materials, that's not the same as just slicing through it. You said it took hours of attacks, so at first, it wasn't doing anything. Maul's lightsaber hitting Wolverine's adamantium bones won't be cutting him to pieces. And that's assuming adamantium is only as tough as cortosis. Cutting through that still doesn't mean a lightsaber could cut through adamantium. It makes it conceivable that it could, but cortosis is not adamantium, so cutting it isn't the same. Since adamantium is not in star wars, to say a lightsaber could cut through it you'd need a temperature.

Satyrquaze says:

"No, I'm really not.I'm saying:1)According to Lucas, a lightsaber can cut/burn through anything by another lightsaber blade.2)According to Marvel comics, adamantium is very dense and nearly unbreakable, while it can be melted down.3)I am making my posts based solely on the the prior two statements."

It can cut through anything but another lightsaber blade in the SW universe. That statement doesn't extend to every universe since Lucas has no control over other fictional universes. Yes it can be melted down, but can lightsabers reach that temperature?

Post Edited:2007-07-19 16:51:59

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Vrakmul

Satyrquaze says:

"I didn't say it would be one quick slash and the staff is gone... but, I think a lightsaber would eventually cut through a M-guard's staff, but the average Jedi would sooner be able to get passed the Magnaguard's defenses rather than cut through the staff itself. They only had 2 and 1/2 hours of screen-time it would have been boring watching Obi-Wan and Anakin wailing on this one Magnaguard's staff for the entire time."

The M-guards did appear out of episode 3. Anyway back onto the main topic.

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Satyrquaze

Okay, so it could, just probably not in one swipe, Maul would still murder Wolvie with a thrust between his ribs, then just toss him down a bottomless shaft that are so prevalent in both universes.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Eternal Chaos

I think that if Maul is fast enough to use the force (which she should)he can just hold Logan down, and slice away at him.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

There was a Wolverine book that I read back when I still liked him. Not Dead Yet or something like that. Some guy was telling Wolverine how he could kill him even with his indestructible bones. He gave an example using his hand and said he could cut the flesh off and remove it like a glove, leaving just the metal (this was back when he couldn't heal this kind of crap in a second). I think that's what would happen. Maul would cut the flesh off of Wolverine and leave a pile of shiny bones and charred hunks of meat behind. Heal THAT sucka!

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Vrakmul

Eternal Chaos says:

"I think that if Maul is fast enough to use the force (which she should)he can just hold Logan down, and slice away at him."

He. Darth maul is a he.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Megaguirus says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"I think that if Maul is fast enough to use the force (which she should)he can just hold Logan down, and slice away at him."
He. Darth maul is a he. "

Yeah I know, it was typo and for that, I'm sorry.

roboclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By roboclone

tacos!

roboclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By roboclone

SUPER TACOS!

E-MAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By E-MAN

Satyrquaze says:

I DON'T KNOW IN THE MOVIE STRYKER SAID ONCE ADAMANTIUM COOLS,IT'S INDUSTRUCTABLE. RIVALED ONLY BY URU AND CAPS SHIELD,AND THE HUMAN TORCHES NOVA FLAME COULDN'T MELT IT,REMEMBER IN SECRET WARS WHEN JOHNNY FOUGHT ULTRON.

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Satyrquaze

E-MAN says:

"I DON'T KNOW IN THE MOVIE STRYKER SAID ONCE ADAMANTIUM COOLS,IT'S INDUSTRUCTABLE. RIVALED ONLY BY URU AND CAPS SHIELD,AND THE HUMAN TORCHES NOVA FLAME COULDN'T MELT IT,REMEMBER IN SECRET WARS WHEN JOHNNY FOUGHT ULTRON."

First of all, thanks for the reminder of how to use the caps lock. It's quite rude.

Secondly, In the second X-Men movie the adamantium was found at the compound in liquid form (I.E. melted down). If it was truly indestructable it couldn't be smelted to coat Wolvies bones, or into armor plating in Ultron's case.