Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#101  Edited By ShootingNova

@Trinity00 said:

@terry2012 said:

@Trinity00: Very funny

I see grievous actually doing that instead of bother entering a light saber fight XD

Eh, not really. It will be a hard fight, ends either with Grievous barely winning or stalemate.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By terry2012

@ShootingNova: Oh Ok.

Trinity00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#103  Edited By Trinity00

@ShootingNova said:

@Trinity00 said:

@terry2012 said:

I see grievous actually doing that instead of bother entering a light saber fight XD

Eh, not really. It will be a hard fight, ends either with Grievous barely winning or stalemate.

lol that's why instead of fighting him with a light saber he'll be a lazy S.O.B. and shoot him just like indie

;O

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By ShootingNova

@Trinity00 said:

@ShootingNova said:

@Trinity00 said:

@terry2012 said:

lol that's why instead of fighting him with a light saber he'll be a lazy S.O.B. and shoot him just like indie

;O

Not close, Maul is fast enough to dodge those bolts or just block them.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By terry2012

@Trinity00: Yeah he could do that.

Trinity00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Trinity00

@ShootingNova said:

@Trinity00 said:

@ShootingNova said:

@Trinity00 said:

@terry2012 said:

;O

Dude, take a look at this if you wanna have a go at a Star Wars thread: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/revan-vs-anakin-skywalker/664438/?

But this is grievous he technically can move faster than maul which means he can draw quicker and shoot quicker than Maul can pull his light saber out and activate it and than deflect it.

@terry2012 said:

Just like he did when he caught a jedi in a block and used his free hand to gun the jedi.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By ShootingNova

@Trinity00 said:

@ShootingNova said:

@Trinity00 said:

@ShootingNova said:

@Trinity00 said:

@terry2012 said:

;O

Dude, take a look at this if you wanna have a go at a Star Wars thread: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/revan-vs-anakin-skywalker/664438/?

But this is grievous he technically can move faster than maul which means he can draw quicker and shoot quicker than Maul can pull his light saber out and activate it and than deflect it.

@terry2012 said:

Just like he did when he caught a jedi in a block and used his free hand to gun the jedi.

That was Nahdarr Vebb, Maul would plough through him with ease. Maul has moved just about as fast as Grievous anyways.

Trinity00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Trinity00

@ShootingNova said:

@Trinity00 said:

@ShootingNova said:

@Trinity00 said:

@ShootingNova said:

@Trinity00 said:

@terry2012 said:

;O

@terry2012 said:

That was Nahdarr Vebb, Maul would plough through him with ease. Maul has moved just about as fast as Grievous anyways.

Grievous is still physically faster due to his cybernetic parts, not to mention Maul's light saber has a terrible design.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By ShootingNova

@Trinity00 said:

@ShootingNova said:

@Trinity00 said:

@ShootingNova said:

@Trinity00 said:

@ShootingNova said:

@Trinity00 said:

@terry2012 said:

;O

@terry2012 said:

Grievous is still physically faster due to his cybernetic parts, not to mention Maul's light saber has a terrible design.

Your opinion, Maul can augment his speed through the Force.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By terry2012

@ShootingNova: All ya I have to warn you because you new here. You should PM the link instead of here in the thread. People frown upon it because they think you advertising someone thread in another person thread. I have got into an arguement over it because they thought it was advertise. They take it seriously here on Comicvine and if someone see it they mite flag you for it.

Trinity00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Trinity00

@ShootingNova said:

@Trinity00 said:

@ShootingNova said:

@Trinity00 said:

@ShootingNova said:

@Trinity00 said:

@ShootingNova said:

@Trinity00 said:

@terry2012 said:

;O

@terry2012 said:

Didn't help the Jedi Grievous speed blitzed.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By ShootingNova

@terry2012 said:

@ShootingNova: All ya I have to warn you because you new here. You should PM the link instead of here in the thread. People frown upon it because they think you advertising someone thread in another person thread. I have got into an arguement over it because they thought it was advertise. They take it seriously here on Comicvine and if someone see it they mite flag you for it.

I already PMed you, and I was putting that up for the general public. But I'll take your advice. I've edited it so it's not there anymore.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By ShootingNova

@Trinity00 said:

@ShootingNova said:

@Trinity00 said:

@ShootingNova said:

@Trinity00 said:

@ShootingNova said:

@Trinity00 said:

@ShootingNova said:

@Trinity00 said:

@terry2012 said:

;O

@terry2012 said:

None of them would even come close to Maul. Take my word for it, Maul can fight well without his lightsaber as well. So Grievous doesn't have advantages here.

Trinity00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Trinity00

@ShootingNova said:

@Trinity00 said:

@ShootingNova said:

@Trinity00 said:

@ShootingNova said:

@Trinity00 said:

@ShootingNova said:

@Trinity00 said:

@ShootingNova said:

@Trinity00 said:

@terry2012 said:

;O

@terry2012 said:

None of them would even come close to Maul. Take my word for it, Maul can fight well without his lightsaber as well. So Grievous doesn't have advantages here.

He does have the element of surprise due to his four arms.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By ShootingNova

@Trinity00 said:

@ShootingNova said:

@Trinity00 said:

@ShootingNova said:

@Trinity00 said:

@ShootingNova said:

@Trinity00 said:

@ShootingNova said:

@Trinity00 said:

@ShootingNova said:

@Trinity00 said:

@terry2012 said:

;O

@terry2012 said:

He does have the element of surprise due to his four arms.

That didn't surprise Obi-Wan and many other Jedi, it won't surprise Maul.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By terry2012

@ShootingNova: I'm not talking about me I was talking about for the public general period. Beacuse I almost did the same thing plus I wasn't even advertise it and I got called out and it was not pleasant.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By ShootingNova

@terry2012 said:

@ShootingNova: I'm not talking about me I was talking about for the public general period. Beacuse I almost did the same thing plus I wasn't even advertise it and I got called out and it was not pleasant.

Yup, but I deleted it ages ago. Check my post.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By terry2012

@ShootingNova: That didn't surprise Obi-Wan and many other Jedi, it won't surprise Maul.

That very true plus he lost two of them in a few second of the battle.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By terry2012

@ShootingNova: Ok I see.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By ShootingNova

@terry2012 said:

@ShootingNova: That didn't surprise Obi-Wan and many other Jedi, it won't surprise Maul.

That very true plus he lost two of them in a few second of the battle.

LOL, instead of clicking "reply" and then copy+pasting my words, just click "quote".

As for your actual post, yep, Obi-Wan applied Sun Djem half successfully, like against Maul, only he was being defensive, not aggressive at that point, and did so much earlier. It goes to say how vulnerable Grievous was against Kenobi.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By terry2012

@ShootingNova: Yup.

Sci_Fi_Rulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Sci_Fi_Rulez

@ShootingNova said:

@Sci_Fi_Rulez said:

How?..Maul presented way better movement and speed through out the films..

Grievous has presented near equal speed in EP3. You said EU speed counts too....

Yes i did,going off topic,but your forgetting how Maul had Vader on his knee's and almost killed him..In Ep1 Maul showed way better movement,then Grievous in Ep3,doing butterfly kicks and kicked Obi Wan acrossed the room like he's was nothing...Maul fell from what i saw 6-7 stories when Qui-Gon hit him and got back up and kicked him like it was nothing...

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Silver2467
@Sci_Fi_Rulez said:

your forgetting how Maul had Vader on his knee's and almost killed him

@Silver2467  said: 
Maul was amped. It has no bearing on his standard combat abilities.

Stop mentioning that as if it matters here. Unless Grievous and Maul are fighting in a fortress that serves as a dark side nexus for Maul to draw on, the Resurrection fight is absolutely irrelevant here.
Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#124  Edited By Deranged Midget

@terry2012 said:

@Nox_Arc: Yes that what I'm saying all the along. Grievous does have the advantage but that doesn't grant him the victory. The movie version of Grievous is way below his level of his EU version. Grievous losing to Obi Wan said that he would also lose to Qui Gon Jinn. Grievous Movie showing was only his physical strenght. He fought like a child with the lightsabers only showing tricks and light shows with them which is why he got owned.

Except that both Maul and Grievous are granted the speed they demonstrated in the EU, so it evens the playing field.

Nox_Arc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Nox_Arc

@terry2012: Yes, except that both Maul and Grievous are allowed the speed they demonstrated in the EU, therefore it evens the playing field.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By ShootingNova

@Deranged Midget said:

@terry2012 said:

@Nox_Arc: Yes that what I'm saying all the along. Grievous does have the advantage but that doesn't grant him the victory. The movie version of Grievous is way below his level of his EU version. Grievous losing to Obi Wan said that he would also lose to Qui Gon Jinn. Grievous Movie showing was only his physical strenght. He fought like a child with the lightsabers only showing tricks and light shows with them which is why he got owned.

Except that both Maul and Grievous are granted the speed they demonstrated in the EU, so it evens the playing field.

@Nox_Arc said:

@terry2012: Yes, except that both Maul and Grievous are allowed the speed they demonstrated in the EU, therefore it evens the playing field.

Yup.

Nox_Arc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Nox_Arc

@ShootingNova said:

No. How was Kenobi "nothing" to him when he almost successfully applied Sun Djem (disarming Maul)? At least Maul had Kenobi at his mercy, while Grievous got spanked by Kenobi. Maul has also held his own against Master Kenobi, you should really watch the Clone Wars if you want to know more.

When did Kenobi ever pose a true threat to Maul? His entire focus was on Qui-Gon the entire fight. He lacked the proper skill and experience with both a saber and the force to fully contend with Maul as his master did. Obi-Wan was a Master in his prime when he fought Grievous, one of the best in the Council. And what relevance does the Clone Wars have with this battle? It clearly states strictly film versions with the added exception of speed feats from EU. Clone Wars is a spin-off and not a good one at that.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By ShootingNova

@Nox_Arc said:

@ShootingNova said:

No. How was Kenobi "nothing" to him when he almost successfully applied Sun Djem (disarming Maul)? At least Maul had Kenobi at his mercy, while Grievous got spanked by Kenobi. Maul has also held his own against Master Kenobi, you should really watch the Clone Wars if you want to know more.

When did Kenobi ever pose a true threat to Maul? His entire focus was on Qui-Gon the entire fight. He lacked the proper skill and experience with both a saber and the force to fully contend with Maul as his master did. Obi-Wan was a Master in his prime when he fought Grievous, one of the best in the Council. And what relevance does the Clone Wars have with this battle? It clearly states strictly film versions with the added exception of speed feats from EU. Clone Wars is a spin-off and not a good one at that.

Right after Qui-Gon's death, Obi-Wan almost applied Sun Djem successfully, in fact he was partially successful. The OP allows for EU and Clone Wars speed.

Nox_Arc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Nox_Arc

@ShootingNova said:

@Nox_Arc said:

@ShootingNova said:

Right after Qui-Gon's death, Obi-Wan almost applied Sun Djem successfully, in fact he was partially successful. The OP allows for EU and Clone Wars speed.

It's arguable that his anger allowed for a power boost and I still don't understand what you're trying to prove. I already noted that speed is allowed but how does that factor in with skill and power?

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By ShootingNova

@Nox_Arc said:

@ShootingNova said:

@Nox_Arc said:

@ShootingNova said:

It's arguable that his anger allowed for a power boost and I still don't understand what you're trying to prove. I already noted that speed is allowed but how does that factor in with skill and power?

I'm arguing against your original post that Grievous has an advantage, I wouldn't say so.

Nox_Arc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Nox_Arc

@ShootingNova: In what regard exactly? Grievous held his own decently against an Obi-Wan in his prime. It's arguable he could've done better if not hindered by his appearance.

theicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By theicon

@ShootingNova: @ShootingNova said:

@terry2012 said:

Tough one here I will go with Dark Maul.

How so? This is just a lightsaber duel, so remember that. Darth Maul isn't using Force Powers. Grievous has fought evenly with Mace Windu before.

lol um every time Griev fought mace Griev got more and more hurt, first hes the cause of his weezing lol, next time the met Mace Force tossed a vehical on top of him nearly killing Grievous.( dark horse clone wars comics) Grievous is no match for mace

Now about Maul hes too fast . added with Force powers Grievous loses, but i believe he'll escape

or as MAce put it, "He's a coward, Grievous will always run and Hide"

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days  Online

@theicon said:

Grievous was afraid of Mace ......... since Mace is the one who crippled him in the first place ..... before then he would've gone in ... and gone in relentlessly ... hes got the Jedi lightsabers to prove it

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By ShootingNova

@Nox_Arc said:

@ShootingNova: In what regard exactly? Grievous held his own decently against an Obi-Wan in his prime. It's arguable he could've done better if not hindered by his appearance.

So? Grievous ended with having all of his lightsabers and arms Sun Djemed, while Maul's speed in CW was greater than Obi-Wan's, or at least equivalent.

@theicon said:

@ShootingNova: @ShootingNova said:

@terry2012 said:

Tough one here I will go with Dark Maul.

How so? This is just a lightsaber duel, so remember that. Darth Maul isn't using Force Powers. Grievous has fought evenly with Mace Windu before.

lol um every time Griev fought mace Griev got more and more hurt, first hes the cause of his weezing lol, next time the met Mace Force tossed a vehical on top of him nearly killing Grievous.( dark horse clone wars comics) Grievous is no match for mace

Now about Maul hes too fast . added with Force powers Grievous loses, but i believe he'll escape

No. Grievous has dueled evenly with Mace in Labyrinth, while it was a Force Crush that crushed Grievous' lungs. This is DUELING evenly with Mace, not Force Power battle.

Nox_Arc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Nox_Arc

@ShootingNova: Fair enough on the point on Grievous, but the Clone Wars reference... I can't take it seriously.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By ShootingNova

@Nox_Arc said:

@ShootingNova: Fair enough on the point on Grievous, but the Clone Wars reference... I can't take it seriously.

Why? Because you hate it? lol because its ridiculous? Its canon, and the OP stated we could use Maul's CW speed.

Nox_Arc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Nox_Arc

@ShootingNova: I despise it because it breaks apart everything that we consider canon. Grievous has displayed extremely impressive speed as well, I wouldn't right him off especially if we can reference this:

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By ShootingNova

@Nox_Arc said:

@ShootingNova: I despise it because it breaks apart everything that we consider canon. Grievous has displayed extremely impressive speed as well, I wouldn't right him off especially if we can reference this:

I've already seen that. Also, CW is quite canon, but does conflict with previous canon at times. If you can't take that seriously, you can't take this then:

Asajj Ventress beat Grievous in a duel on Dathomir.

Shortly afterwards, in fact only a few seconds later, Ventress got owned by a bunch of Super Battle Droids, but mainly because her form is ineffective against blaster bolts and cannot deflect well, but she did fare well against an entire legion of Battle and Super Battle Droids just a few minutes before that...

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#139  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@ShootingNova said:

@Nox_Arc said:

I've already seen that. Also, CW is quite canon, but does conflict with previous canon at times. If you can't take that seriously, you can't take this then:

Asajj Ventress beat Grievous in a duel on Dathomir

Shortly afterwards, in fact only a few seconds later, Ventress got owned by a bunch of Super Battle Droids, but mainly because he form is ineffective against blaster bolts and cannot deflect well, but she did fare well against an entire legion of Battle and Super Battle Droids just a few minutes before that...

Yeah, that made me scratch my head a bit as well, haha.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By ShootingNova

@k4tzm4n said:

@ShootingNova said:

@Nox_Arc said:

Asajj Ventress beat Grievous in a duel on Dathomir

Shortly afterwards, in fact only a few seconds later, Ventress got owned by a bunch of Super Battle Droids, but mainly because he form is ineffective against blaster bolts and cannot deflect well, but she did fare well against an entire legion of Battle and Super Battle Droids just a few minutes before that...

Yeah, that made me scratch my head a bit as well, haha.

LOL. Seriously was wierd. Grievous has beaten Durge+Ventress.

Nox_Arc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Nox_Arc

@ShootingNova: ... Seriously?

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By ShootingNova

@Nox_Arc said:

@ShootingNova: ... Seriously?

Yeah, watch the video I posted.

Nox_Arc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Nox_Arc

@ShootingNova: That video only proves my original thoughts regarding that show...

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By ShootingNova

@Nox_Arc said:

@ShootingNova: That video only proves my original thoughts regarding that show...

LOL, Obi-Wan with that armor looks ridiculous.

Nox_Arc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By Nox_Arc

@ShootingNova said:

@Nox_Arc said:

As does his hair/beard. It looked fine in the film but damn, did they ever make it blocky as all hell in the show. I preferred the mullet look he sported in the 2003 animated show, especially when he squared off against Durge.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By ShootingNova

@Nox_Arc said:

@ShootingNova said:

@Nox_Arc said:

As does his hair/beard. It looked fine in the film but damn, did they ever make it blocky as all hell in the show. I preferred the mullet look he sported in the 2003 animated show, especially when he squared off against Durge.

Yeah.

jodema

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By jodema

General Grievous.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By ShootingNova

@Jodema said:

General Grievous.

Possibly. It might be a stalemate.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#149  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Nox_Arc said:

@ShootingNova said:

@Nox_Arc said:

Yeah, the first cartoon > the latest IMHO. The action was simply too good to top. However, I can't complain since this latest series brought me fanboy favorites such as Cad Bane, Embo and Savage Opress :X

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By ShootingNova

@k4tzm4n said:

@Nox_Arc said:

@ShootingNova said:

@Nox_Arc said:

Yeah, the first cartoon > the latest IMHO. The action was simply too good to top. However, I can't complain since this latest series brought me fanboy favorites such as Cad Bane, Embo and Savage Opress :X

LOL did you watch the last episode?