Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

No Caption Provided

Maul will be using his red lightsaber in all rounds, apart from round 2.

Round 1

• Aayla Secura, Ahsoka Tano and Shaak Ti
  • In character

Round 2

• Pre Vizsla and Jango Fett
  • In character
  • Maul has his original Saberstaff, Vizsla has the Darksaber

Round 3

• Kit Fisto and Plo Koon
  • Maul is bloodlusted

Round 4

• Asajj Ventress and Savage Opress
  • In character, Maul and Savage are fully willing to kill eachother, and team is working together just fine

Round 5

• General Grievous
  • In character

Round 6

• Mace Windu
  • In character

Can he clear it?

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

He loses in round 3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

This is way out of order. Maul has no chance whatsoever in round 5, but he also might lose in round 2 or 4.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By JakeN7

@i_like_swords: Why in the world would you put General Grievous above Mace Windu!?

Hehehehe....that's silly!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is way out of order. Maul has no chance whatsoever in round 5, but he also might lose in round 2 or 4.

How? Him and Mace are near enough identical in skill, although Mace is a little bit better.. sh*t I make them equal but that's just me. And Maul has better TK feats. What makes him lose in 2? And I don't think he would lose too decisively in round 4 given he has WTFstomped Savage before and is clearly better than Ventress.

@jaken7 said:

@i_like_swords: Why in the world would you put General Grievous above Mace Windu!?

Hehehehe....that's silly!

Some of the experts seem to think he's equal to or better than Mace, and he has stalemated Mace before. He also has the best physical stats out of anyone here.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I say he stops at three. Fisto alone would give him a good fight thanks to Shii-Cho, adding Plo and Mundi would asure the team a win everytime.

I'm almost tempted to make a case for him stopping at one - just to russle some jimmies.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I say he stops at three. Fisto alone would give him a good fight thanks to Shii-Cho, adding Plo and Mundi would asure the team a win everytime.

I'm almost tempted to make a case for him stopping at one - just to russle some jimmies.

You'll be russling my jimmies if you do that!

So you're saying he stops at Mundi's round (round 2) or Jango and Viszla's round (round 3)?

Btw, the main reason I made this thread is because I've noticed Maul is exceptionally good at fighting multiple opponents, so I figured I'd give him some very tough fights.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By JakeN7

@i_like_swords: "Maul has better TK feats." This sentence cracked me up beyond belief. Of course he does, Grievous isn't Force Sensitive.

Ahsoka at her youngest was able to keep up with Grievous just fine. That was even before she had her 2nd Shoto lightsaber. The only thing Grievous has going for him that's unique is his striking speed (twirly lightsabers FTW) and the fact that he can use 4 lightsabers at the same time.

I can't fathom that a Star Wars expert on here would tell you that he's better than Windu. That's just...*shakes head*

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

@i_like_swords: "Maul has better TK feats." This sentence cracked me up beyond belief. Of course he does, Grievous isn't Force Sensitive.

Ahsoka at her youngest was able to keep up with Grievous just fine. That was even before she had her 2nd Shoto lightsaber. The only thing Grievous has going for him that's unique is his striking speed (twirly lightsabers FTW) and the fact that he can use 4 at the same time.

I can't fathom that a Star Wars expert on here would tell you that he's better than Windu. That's just...*shakes head*

I was referring to Mace, not Grievous.

She didn't keep up with him just fine.. she basically got dominated then escaped..

I didn't say anyone said Maul is better than Mace - Shootingnova for example said he calls them a dead even split. And I agree. If you'd like, you can make a case for why Mace is so vastly superior?

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Do it! XD

Easternwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Easternwind

Stops stop at one

just kidding.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: Shootingnova says Grievous and Mace Windu are a dead even split? Really?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: Oh whoops I got mixed up there. SHN said that about Mace and Maul. I don't know what he thinks about Mace and Grievous. Although considering he thinks Mace and Maul and equal, and also thinks that Grievous can beat Maul, I imagine he thinks Grievous can beat Mace aswell.

I see all 3 as quite even to be honest.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

This list is a bit out of order...

And he stops at 2 incidentally. Kit and Tiin together will be too much. Throw in Plo and it's overkill.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This list is a bit out of order...

And he stops at 2 incidentally. Kit and Tiin together will be too much. Throw in Plo and it's overkill.

I was thinking of taking Mundi out of round 2. Would that make it even?

What order would you suggest this goes in?

Whirlwind_33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Whirlwind_33

@i_like_swords

He stops at round 2.

But....

If you take out Kit Fisto in R2 and switch R3's opponents with round R2's opponents because the two bounty hunter aren't any were near as fast, strong and they are not mid-tier force sensitives. So, I wouldn't put them higher than Kit, Mundi and Koon.

If you do that then I could see Maul stopping at Mace or Grievous.

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at 2. If not, 4.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whirlwind_33: That sounds like a good plan, I'll do something like that.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

@i_like_swords: Well, the Mandalorians should be before Kit, Mundi, and Plo. If you did take out Mundi then yes, that would make that round better, but it should still be after the Mandalorians. Rounds 4, 5, and 6 look good with the exception that Mace and Grievous should be switched around.

That's my recommendation.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords:

You know what? I think I will make a case for Ahsoka just for LOL's. :P

I think he stops at two.

He should win round one; with PIS off, I see no reason for him to lose to Jango and Vizsla; I think he would lose to Savage and Ventress, but........this may suprise some people, but I'm tempted to say he would take a majority over Mace, and I'm sure he would beat the General for the majority.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: Well, the Mandalorians should be before Kit, Mundi, and Plo. If you did take out Mundi then yes, that would make that round better, but it should still be after the Mandalorians. Rounds 4, 5, and 6 look good with the exception that Mace and Grievous should be switched around.

That's my recommendation.

I took out Mundi and swapped the bounty hunters to round 2. I'm gonna keep Mace and GG where they are for now but, if the overwhelming majority think it's out of order, I'll make the change.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011: Huh, cool. So you say he loses to Savage and Ventress, but noone else?

Whirlwind_33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords I think Shroud is right about the last part. I agree that you should put Grievous before Mace. Mace has stalemated Grievous in past in lightsaber combat, but Mace won due a force push that BFR'd him in Labyrinth of Evil( I have the quote if you need it). Also Mace was able to force grips Grievous chest in the past. A larger advantage Maul should have over Grievous is Force TK.

Same thing can't be said for Maul vs Mace

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The first group is formidable with Shaak Ti and Ashoka alone. They're a beasts. I always saw Aayla as just eye candy.

Anywho he stops at Round 3 or 4.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whirlwind_33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Whirlwind_33

@i_like_swords I forgot to ask, but does Maul get rest in between every round or no? The OP didn't specify.

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By 106me

Stops at 3. If not, then probably 6.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords I forgot to ask, but does Maul get rest in between every round or no? The OP didn't specify.

Yeah, he's fresh for every round.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@i_like_swords: Pretty much. He could also lose at Plo and Fisto. Shii-Cho is perfectly suited for multiple opponets and blades - add that to the fact, Kit is one of the most skilled Jedi in the Order and he has defeated Greivous, I could see him having trouble vs Kit alone (though Maul would surely win). Plo is also no slouch as a duelist, considering he has stalemated Greivous.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The first group is formidable with Shaak Ti and Ashoka alone. They're a beasts. I always saw Aayla as just eye candy.

I seriously doubt Aayla is far behind Ahsoka or Shaak Ti, and comparisonof their feats would show little disparity between the three probably. Are they better then Secura? Maybe so, but Aayla is far more then just "eye candy".

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011: On the same token though, Maul has near enough every advantage over both of them aside from numbers and possibly form. He's more skilled than both of them, and stronger in TK by what I can imagine is a decent margin. And Maul is perfectly capable of fighting two opponents at once.

He kills both Bruu Jun-Fan and Ko Solok, after being attacked by them in a surprise encounter. (I won't talk about the fact Savage was giving Plo Koon himself a good fight while fighting clones, because of the mask incident xD).

And Maul is bloodlusted in this round. Just some food for thought.

Btw, Bruu Jun-Fan was described by Yoda as "unparalleled" in his force-combat abilities. And he was specifically selected by Koon to join the task force in taking down Maul and Savage. So he was very skilled. Not a no-name by any means.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable said:

I seriously doubt Aayla is far behind Ahsoka or Shaak Ti, and comparisonof their feats would show little disparity between the three probably. Are they better then Secura? Maybe so, but Aayla is far more then just "eye candy".

I never said she was unskilled eye candy.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: Sounds like we had a little miscommunication error. Lol. Glad you were able to edit it and put Grievous behind Windu. Personally, I think Kit Fisto and Plo Koon could definitely give him a run for his money, but he'd probably come out on top. He definitely stops at round 4 though. A bloodlusted Savage who's working perfectly well with Asajj? Yikes!

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#36 JediXMan  Moderator

Probably stops at 3.

_RapTOR_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rounds 5 and 3 should be switched, if that were the case he would most likely make it to round 5 and lose. But since it's not, he would probably lose on Round 3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

@i_like_swords: Sounds like we had a little miscommunication error. Lol. Glad you were able to edit it and put Grievous behind Windu. Personally, I think Kit Fisto and Plo Koon could definitely give him a run for his money, but he'd probably come out on top. He definitely stops at round 4 though. A bloodlusted Savage who's working perfectly well with Asajj? Yikes!

Only Maul is bloodlusted.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't see how Maul stops at 3. He could essentially dominate either one in the force and is the more skilled of the group. They'd give him a good fight but really I don't think they have what it takes to put him down. Especially considering he's bloodlusted.

Easternwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Easternwind

Edit: Did some MORE reasearch, but im gunna have to bow to greater knowlege here.

But maul has a chance with grevious.

He could stop at 2 ( ... idk i dont think so)

Or 3.

Either way Im pretty sure mickey mace got DIS.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By JakeN7

@i_like_swords said:

@jaken7 said:

Only Maul is bloodlusted.

It literally says:

"In character, Maul and Savage are fully willing to kill eachother, and team is working together just fine"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: That doesn't mean they're bloodlusted. It just means that they will kill each other. They usually wouldn't because they're brothers.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: That doesn't mean they're bloodlusted. It just means that they will kill each other. They usually wouldn't because they're brothers.

Meh *shrugs* it's how I interpreted it. Usually you'd have to make one of them bloodlusted before they were willing to kill each other...y'know, because they're brothers.

Whirlwind_33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at 5 or 6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whirlwind_33: Lol at least someone believes he can beat Fisto and Koon.

Avatar image for deactivated-62433ff119047
deactivated-62433ff119047

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@i_like_swords: True, Maul is more skilled then both but the difference is not large enough for him to win against them both; remember, Kit has held his own defeated Greivous in combat because of his skill and Shii-Cho - Maul is only marginally more skilled then GG. Is Maul more powerful in the Force then Fisto? Sure, but Fisto has redirected missiles and manipulated seven underwater vessels - he is not by any means weak in the Force.

Also, comparing Bruu Jun-Fan does not really cut it for me. The only thing we have for him is what could be considered an hyperbolic statement, while we have several objective sources naming Fisto as one of the most skilled Jedi in the entire history of the Order. Kit also has impressive feats to back up the statement by gaining the upper-hand on Greivous and casually wrecking several magna guards. Is Bruu an impressive opponent? Sure, but he's no Fisto. Solok to my knowledge has no statements to back up his adroitness as a duelist or Force user to my knowledge.

Plo is also impressive, he has stalemated Ventress, has casually collasped a cave with TK, has deflected blaster bolts from a collection of droids, has used the Mind Trick on 20 being simultaniously, he has protected himself from avalanches etc, etc.

Given the fact that each of them have stalemated/gained an upper-hand on impressive oppenents that Maul is only equal, or marginally better then, ( Ventress and GG) Fisto has an form advantage, and that fact that they're are more or less even with Maul in the Foce collectively, I see no reason for Maul to beat them both.

Feel free to disagree, but truth be told, I don't have the time or the will to debate this atm.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@i_like_swords: True, Maul is more skilled then both but the difference is not large enough for him to win against them both; remember, Kit has held his own defeated Greivous in combat because of his skill and Shii-Cho - Maul is only marginally more skilled then GG. Is Maul more powerful in the Force then Fisto? Sure, but Fisto has redirected missiles and manipulated seven underwater vessels - he is not by any means weak in the Force.

Also, comparing Bruu Jun-Fan does not really cut it for me. The only thing we have for him is what could be considered an hyperbolic statement, while we have several objective sources naming Fisto as one of the most skilled Jedi in the entire history of the Order. Kit also has impressive feats to back up the statement by gaining the upper-hand on Greivous and casually wrecking several magna guards. Is Bruu an impressive opponent? Sure, but he's no Fisto. Solok to my knowledge has no statements to back up his adroitness as a duelist or Force user to my knowledge.

Plo is also impressive, he has stalemated Ventress, has casually collasped a cave with TK, has deflected blaster bolts from a collection of droids, has used the Mind Trick on 20 being simultaniously, he has protected himself from avalanche's etc, etc.

Given the fact that each of them have stalemated/gained an upper-hand on impressive oppenents that Maul is only equal, or marginally better then, ( Ventress and GG) Fisto has an form advantage, and that fact that they're are more or less even with Maul in the Foce collectively, I see no reason for Maul to beat them both.

Feel free to disagree, but truth be told, I don't have the time or the will to debate this atm.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 juiceboks  Moderator

Yea..I'm gonna say he stops at 3. Maul may be able to get a majority over both individually..but together I don't believe he has what it takes.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011: You make a fair case. Although I would like to note that Shii Cho might not be the biggest form advantage given that it isn't great against single opponents in one on one (it was good against Grievous because he has multiple arms, simulating multiple opponents), whereas Maul is actually quite good at fighting multiple opponents, and his style focuses on unbalancing and overwhelming an opponents defence.

Just saying, Fisto is less skilled, has a form disadvantage more than anything, and could have his defence overwhelmed at some point during the fight. But apart from that I do largely agree with your points. I just think quality > quantity. They stack up to Maul collectively but.. when you break it down, Maul only needs to overwhelm one in order to break both of them down.

Edit: Although, I do think we need to give Bruu Jun-Fan some credit here. He was recommended by Plo Koon himself. They have the same rank. And Yoda himself said, non-hyperbolic IMO, that he is unmatched in unarmed combat. Which is shown on-panel when he is wrecking droids with his bare hands, as well as knocking out multiple wampas with strikes to the head and neck. He's very skilled in unarmed combat, and despite only having one appearance, there is enough there to suggest he was the best unarmed fighter in the order. Ko Solok is featless, though. LOL.