Avatar image for echostarlord117
echostarlord117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Probably Malak

With the Star Forge amp, he could kill them with the Force before they close the distance and turn this into a lightsaber duel.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Malak.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By kbroskywalker

@kigretheviking: without amp, he'd beat either 1 v 1 but would likely lose to the team, with amp, he wins decisively

edit: malak wins without amp and stomps with amp

darthbane77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Malak doesn't need the amp to win this.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Malak doesn't need the amp to win this.

Yeah, he does. And I'm still unsure if he wins with it.

Geistalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Geistalt

@i_like_swords: Because "KAO-CEN DARACH + VEN ZALLOW ≥ STAR FORGE REVAN, even though 2 • KotOR II Meetra Surik isn't."

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By GeorgeWBush

I don't think he can win this at least not without removing them in the force. Zallow is pretty durable so a simple telekinetic throw won't end him outright, and if the two get into lightsaber range Malak's pretty much screwed. I'll side with the Jedi especially given Zallow will have probably already engaged Malak in a duel long before Malak has already killed Kao. Malak has no feats to suggest he could kill both at once in sabers.

Geistalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Geistalt

@georgewbush: Both got fodderized by having been beaten by early incarnations of Malgus; Malak ought to be able to Force Stun AT LEAST one of them while tearing up the 2nd.

Emperor339

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Emperor339

@geistalt:

To be fair, even if they are weaker than Kotor Revan, he still won against amped Malak, so two that are somewhat below him (when fighting together) could certainly stand a chance too.

Not to mention Malak's primary form is Makashi if I'm not mistaken, which is terrible for fighting against multiple opponents.

I'm not siding with anyone right now. I'm just stating that being weaker than Revan doesn't mean they'll lose. The circumstances need to be aknowledged too.

Geistalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Geistalt

@emperor339: Even when KotOR Meetra Surik and Kreia (or novel Meetra Surik and Scourge) together wouldn't?!

Edit: Thought you meant they'd stand a chance against Revan for a second. Sorry for the misundertanding. And Malak's preferred lightsaber form is Juyo (like Maul), not Makashi.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Could go either way.

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@georgewbush: Zallow was regarded as Malgus's greatest kill out of his 60+ year career killing Jedi in the Great Galactic war (3:57)

Loading Video...

This of course being with Zallow's ability to blitz the Sith Empire's greatest Sith warriors:

Republic leaders have traveled to Alderaan to engage in promised peace talks with the Sith Empire. The most powerful Jedi have accompanied them to safeguard against an Imperial deception. The Empire’s real motive, however, was simply to lure the Republic’s strongest defenders away from Coruscant and set the stage for an audacious attack. Under the command of Lord Angral, the Sith fleet approaches the Republic’s capital planet for the first time in centuries. In advance of the fleet, the strongest Sith Warriors have flown a stolen Republic ship into Coruscant’s orbit

He was also to hold his guard and fend off Malgus to the point where Malgus couldn't break him with his superior strength:

Their blades sizzling in opposition, each used the Force to press against the strength of the other, but neither had an obvious advantage.Malgus shouted rage into Zallow's face. Only a furrowed brow and the tight line of his mouth betrayed the tension behind Zallow's otherwise tranquil expression.

-Deceived

Being regarded as his best kill in his 60+ years of killing Jedi would scale him above Satele, Vindican, Kao, and other Jedi Malgus had faced prior to Deceived.Where Malak's best feat is losing his jaw to a vastly pre-prime Revan, and beating Bastila who has only beaten a Sith lord. Zallow on his own would potentially be able to beat Malak in a saber duel given Malak has at this time at best only beaten Bastila and lost his jaw to Revan, whereas, Zallow was able to contend with the Sith Empire's most skilled duelist. Adding in someone who can beat a noted Sith inquisitor (Vindican), and fend off Malgus at once I'd just like to hear a case that Malak can beat off both of these skilled duelists at once.

Geistalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Geistalt

@georgewbush: Kao-Cen "fended off" (arguably) Malgus as an apprentice (AT THE AGE OF 20). I will admit that Zallow's tougher than I thought, but is he tough enough to beat Malak while he Force Stuns Darach? I highly doubt it; in fact, it's up to Malak whom he Force Stuns, and you should keep in mind that Malgus as of Deceived was nowhere near getting 4 of the SWTOR protags to kneel with Force Lightning (he hadn't even killed Eleena at the time). But I am glad to hear you almost concede that neither of them could handle him if they fought one-on-one.

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By GeorgeWBush

@geistalt: Zallow already is more skilled than Malak in sabers, so you're going to have to make a case that he can fight Zallow while simultaneously using stasis/Whirlwind on Darach. Which he has no showings to suggest he can if you look at the gifs in the respect thread, Revan is standing still and when he uses stasis he has to gesture and pause to hold Revan in the force. What feats does Malak have against 2 Jedi does he have to suggest he can stun one mid combat/while fighting the other?

I highly doubt it; in fact, it's up to Malak whom he Force Stuns, and you should keep in mind that Malgus as of Deceived was nowhere near getting 4 of the SWTOR protags to kneel with Force Lightning (he hadn't even killed Eleena at the time). But I am glad to hear you almost concede that neither of them could handle him one-on-one.

Malgus was already more powerful than the likes of Darth Baras, Angral, Mekhis, and other council members even way before Deceived (per Satele Shan:) as of Return

"There in the hangars I encountered the most dangerous embodiment of the dark side I have ever experienced-the man who would later be known as Darth Malgus."

Source: The Journal of Master Gnost-Dural

. He was able to blast away tons of rubble from two collapsed buildings, implode starships with force scream, and overpower the defence's of a lightsaber with his lightning. How much more powerful he became is irrelevant to the fact he was already a formidable force user when he fought Zallow. He even telekineticaly blasted Zallow through a stone wall and he got up relatively unharmed, so placing him/Darach in whirlwind/stasis (Which Malak has to pause/exert effort to do) isn't going to happen when he's fighting both at once. Why is having the Star forge amp so beneficial?

darthbane77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: Malak without the amp was still superior to Darth Revan, and Darth Revan would take Zallow and Darach easily. Malak is a superior duelist (solely due to him having more feats) and his Force ability outstrips theirs by a large margin. Zallow and Darach would hold their own for a time, but ultimately they can't win.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthbane77:

Malak without the amp was still superior to Darth Revan,

Proof?

and Darth Revan would take Zallow and Darach easily.

Proof?

Malak is a superior duelist (solely due to him having more feats)

Perhaps individually (though Zallow held his own very admirably against a totally bloodlusted Malgus, after Zallow had just KO'd the love of his life), but both of them together? Not seeing it.

and his Force ability outstrips theirs by a large margin.

Zallow was lasting well enough against Malgus, and Kao doesn't seem too shabby either, with him throwing starship parts around. Between the two of them is Malak really in a position to do much?

Zallow and Darach would hold their own for a time, but ultimately they can't win.

No doubt it's possible Malak can win, just curious if there's any evidence to back the point.

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

darthbane77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords:

"When Revan fell we had hoped the Sith threat was ended. But Malak quickly assumed Revan's role, and has embraced the dark side power as fully as his old master ever did. Now Malak leads the Sith armada against the Republic. Hate and vengeance for his master's death draw Malak ever further down the path of the dark side, fueling his powers until they surpass those of his old master."

―Vandar Tokare (Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic)

So Malak IS more powerful than Darth Revan. Just look at Darth Revan's feats, it's obvious he's far superior to Zallow or Darach. Malgus before the death of Eleena, while powerful, was still not near his peak. Malgus at the end of Deceived would have stomped Zallow. Darth Revan>Deceived Malgus (end of Deceived Malgus could stand a chance though.)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthbane77: Well there's some immediate issues with using that quote:

1. "embraced the dark side power as fully" only means Malak was as dedicated to the Dark Side as Darth Revan, not as powerful.

2. "until they surpass those of his old master" is in the future tense, meaning it may not have happened yet if it can at all.

3. Vandar Tokare has zero authority on Darth Revan or Malak's power, much less a comparison between the two.

Any disagreements?

Malgus before the death of Eleena, while powerful, was still not near his peak. Malgus at the end of Deceived would have stomped Zallow. Darth Revan>Deceived Malgus (end of Deceived Malgus could stand a chance though.)

Yeah, Malgus has plenty of great feats and accolades himself. I'm about as sold that he's better than Malgus as I am that Malak is better than his old master.

Kiadi-Monday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Kiadi-Monday

Malak wins on the Star Forge. He can incapacitate Kao with Stasis, as he was able to do so against a more powerful Bastila, and then can fight and defeat Zallow in a good fight.

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords:

Vandar Tokare has zero authority on Darth Revan or Malak's power, much less a comparison between the two

I very much dislike these types of arguments. If that statement is blatantly false or just not to be trusted at all (essentially to be disregarded), why the heck would the producers even bother putting it into the game?

darthbane77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: "Vandar Tokare has zero authority on Darth Revan or Malak's power, much less a comparison between the two" lol, one of the Masters that had a heavy role in training both Revan and Malak doens't know anything about them then? Malgus does have many feats, but none placing him above Darth Revan; at least not until after he kills Eleena, then I'd say he's about equal (FE Malgus is superior to Darth Revan by a lot though.) The quote I provided wouldn't have been created if wasn't to be taken seriously. I also agree with what @nfactor1995 said, if the quote I provided is to be disgarded and not paid attention to then why write it?

"For me, Malak was always the 'brawn' to Revan's 'brain' - he was renowned for his combat abilities, and I always felt that he was even better than Revan with a lightsaber. I also felt that he wasn't as strong at using the Force in other ways as Revan was."

―Drew Karpyshyn (Star Wars: The Old Republic: Revan Author)

"Malak's most distinguishing feature, his steel jaw, disguises a vicious lightsaber wound inflicted by his former Master in their desperate final battle."

―Star Wars Insider 88: Virtual Sith

"In the Mandalorian wars, both Malak and his close friend Revan found the glory they were seeking. While many credited the Revanchist's military strategies for the campaign success, others were quick to point to Alex's fierce courage and relentless fury on the forefront of every battle as the key part to Republic victory."

―The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia

Th310rbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geistalt said:

@georgewbush: Kao-Cen "fended off" (arguably) Malgus as an apprentice (AT THE AGE OF 20). I will admit that Zallow's tougher than I thought, but is he tough enough to beat Malak while he Force Stuns Darach? I highly doubt it; in fact, it's up to Malak whom he Force Stuns, and you should keep in mind that Malgus as of Deceived was nowhere near getting 4 of the SWTOR protags to kneel with Force Lightning (he hadn't even killed Eleena at the time). But I am glad to hear you almost concede that neither of them could handle him if they fought one-on-one.

Lord Adraas was implied to be Malgus' rival, even if a distant one, in the first chapters of Deceived. Post Eleena Malgus utterly curbstomped him like he did with the fooder Jedi in the temple.

Also, let's not forget that Adraas didn't use his full power during the attack on the temple because he didn't want Malgus to know the correct measure of his powers and yet that was enough to defeat the fooder Jedi Knights as well.

So, everything points to a massive power boost happening by the end of the novel.

Kiadi-Monday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nfactor1995: Indeed, especially when Master Vandar is established in-game as the most powerful Jedi in the KOTOR Jedi Order, as a master of force sense, farsight and force warning and more importantly was designed as one of the characters that was meant to fill you in on about Malak, the Sith, Revan etc... The game developers aren't going to mislead the player by having Vandar say stuff that are false or are supposed to be interpreted differently to the way Vandar explicitly explained them (like his statement about Malak close approaching Darth Revan in power by the start of the game). Also the fact that a Padawan Bastila could sense Malak's power from across the galaxy suggests that a far more powerful Jedi like Vandar should be able to do so too and it's hardly unreasonable to suggest he could detect how powerful Malak was and the rate at which it was growing, especially when force sense is one of his areas of expertise (when it isn't for Bastila). He also lived during the time of Darth Revan and would have been able to get a very accurate gauge on Revan's power when he was brought to him by Bastila to be mindwiped. This is on top of being in constant and close contact with those who trained Revan and being able to detect and gauge Revan's power while he was still a Sith Lord. Vandar is honestly one of the most reliable sources on Malak/Revan's power and saying that his opinion is worthless is honestly just a cheap way of dismissing a quote that people don't like. I mean, it doesn't even say that Darth Malak>Darth Revan, it just said that Malak would soon be on that level, yet people want to shoot it down for some reason because it wouldn't be compatible with their extremely unreasonable rankings on Malak.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthbane77: That's what I'm saying, yes. Vandar has no verifiable knowledge or proof that Malak is going to surpass Revan, sort of like you don't.

When you want to substantiate Darth being > Malgus, I'm all ears.

@i_like_swords:

Vandar Tokare has zero authority on Darth Revan or Malak's power, much less a comparison between the two

I very much dislike these types of arguments. If that statement is blatantly false or just not to be trusted at all (essentially to be disregarded), why the heck would the producers even bother putting it into the game?

So you believe, regardless of their level of authority on the subject, that if a character says something it's because the writer wants it to be interpreted as fact?

Do you realize how much fun I'm going to have with this thought process when I get home to my laptop?

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

SF Malak might be able to disable Kao with the Force. That's his only chance here, IMO.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthbane77: That's what I'm saying, yes. Vandar has no verifiable knowledge or proof that Malak is going to surpass Revan, sort of like you don't.

When you want to substantiate Darth being > Malgus, I'm all ears.

@nfactor1995 said:

@i_like_swords:

So you believe, regardless of their level of authority on the subject, that if a character says something it's because the writer wants it to be interpreted as fact?

Do you realize how much fun I'm going to have with this thought process when I get home to my laptop?

Thats not whats being disputed here, its "vandar tokare has zero authority on Darth Revan or Malak's power"

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By kbroskywalker

@kigretheviking: he's taking this 10/10 with the amp. Without amp he wins, with? stomp

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Geistalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Geistalt

@georgewbush said:

@georgewbush: Zallow was regarded as Malgus's greatest kill out of his 60+ year career killing Jedi in the Great Galactic war (3:57)

Loading Video...

This of course being with Zallow's ability to blitz the Sith Empire's greatest Sith warriors:

Republic leaders have traveled to Alderaan to engage in promised peace talks with the Sith Empire. The most powerful Jedi have accompanied them to safeguard against an Imperial deception. The Empire’s real motive, however, was simply to lure the Republic’s strongest defenders away from Coruscant and set the stage for an audacious attack. Under the command of Lord Angral, the Sith fleet approaches the Republic’s capital planet for the first time in centuries. In advance of the fleet, the strongest Sith Warriors have flown a stolen Republic ship into Coruscant’s orbit

He was also to hold his guard and fend off Malgus to the point where Malgus couldn't break him with his superior strength:

Their blades sizzling in opposition, each used the Force to press against the strength of the other, but neither had an obvious advantage.Malgus shouted rage into Zallow's face. Only a furrowed brow and the tight line of his mouth betrayed the tension behind Zallow's otherwise tranquil expression.

-Deceived

Being regarded as his best kill in his 60+ years of killing Jedi would scale him above Satele, Vindican, Kao, and other Jedi Malgus had faced prior to Deceived.Where Malak's best feat is losing his jaw to a vastly pre-prime Revan, and beating Bastila who has only beaten a Sith lord. Zallow on his own would potentially be able to beat Malak in a saber duel given Malak has at this time at best only beaten Bastila and lost his jaw to Revan, whereas, Zallow was able to contend with the Sith Empire's most skilled duelist. Adding in someone who can beat a noted Sith inquisitor (Vindican), and fend off Malgus at once I'd just like to hear a case that Malak can beat off both of these skilled duelists at once.

40 years; he died at the age of 60.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stop using the Vandar quote. It doesn't prove anything.

Geistalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Geistalt

@shootingnova: Shame we don't have anything better to go by; the KotOR I writers didn't give him enough feats (unless you think stunning Carth and Bastila counts for something).

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geistalt: He has some pretty good feats, but a feats-only mentality won't get you anywhere because if you're scaling skill (or even power, since Malak has few environmental destruction feats and mostly feats pertaining to dominating other Force users), since you'll reach a point where the person you're scaling off is featless. You need a holistic portrayal of things. Malak does get some stupid and unwarranted hype in certain sources, but overall, he's clearly depicted as a pretty damn powerful figure.

Kiadi-Monday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Kiadi-Monday

@shootingnova: "Stop using the Vandar quote. It doesn't prove anything" : But surely it must have some value. After all, Vandar has seen Revan's power first hand when Bastila brought Revan to him to be mind-wiped, and it's not unreasonable for a master of force sense like Vandar to be able to detect Malak's power if Bastila could do it from half-way across the galaxy. He's many times more powerful than her, so his sense should be more accurate. He can then make a decently accurate comparison between Revan's power (which he has seen first hand) and Malak's power (which he can make a roughly accurate estimation of). Vandar also has the bonus of knowing people who trained Revan and knew Malak, so he has plenty of second-hand knowledge to go by as well. Not only that but the concept of somebody very powerful in the force being able to determine the power of someone they haven't seen demonstrating their power first hand via sense is hardly anything new. Yoda was determined Sidious>Kenobi without even seeing Sidious' power demonstrated, yet he was pretty damn sure that Kenobi could stand no chance.

darthbane77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: Kao and Zallow have done nothing to suggest that they're on Malak's level, and you have yet to supply any quotes or sources for your argument. Darach's feats consist of killing Vindican (who was basically fodder) and contending with apprentice Malgus, who, while powerful isn't among the greatest Sith ever at that point. Zallow's only feat is performing well against Deceived Malgus, who wasn't at his most powerful until he killed Eleena; so he was also killed by pre-prime Malgus. Malgus has TK'd people hundreds of feet, dominated Revan and Bastila, easily bested Revan on the Leviathan, and has Force powers that I doubt Kao and Zallow can defend against; such as Drain. Malak's combat abilities were said to have been equal to Revan's tactical mind; and Revan was a among the greatest tacticians in history, actively making Malak and incredibly powerful combatant. Malak was a master of multiple forms as well, as only high level lightsaber duelists could master Juyo, as Malak did. Malak is also stated as being proficient in Sith Sorcery, another set of skills that Kao and Zallow will be pressed to defend against. Physically, Malak is incredibly strong and his resistance to pain is very high. His power in the Force is such that when Duron Qel-Droma died, he saw a vision of Darth Malak and was in awe of how powerful Malak was; suggesting that Malak was among the most powerful Sith to have lived at that point. Underrating Malak isn't becoming of you my friend, nor is overrating these other two; neither of which have any feats putting them on Malak's level.

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: Sure you could take that to the extreme and post dozens of character quotes that probably weren't intended to be fact or at least somewhat accurate. But there is literally nothing at all to suggest that what Vandar states is false.

1. Writers clearly intended Vandar to be the guy who informs the character of how powerful Malak is

2. Why the hell would Vandar say something like that, only for the writers to really mean, "oh Malak is decently powerful yeah, but still not as strong as Darth Revan." That's a terrible way to hype up your main villain, and that's also taking a pretty clear quote and making it convoluted and obscure in its meaning.

What issues do you have with Malak>Darth Revan? Why does that bother people so much?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: Sure you could take that to the extreme and post dozens of character quotes that probably weren't intended to be fact or at least somewhat accurate. But there is literally nothing at all to suggest that what Vandar states is false.

There's nothing to suggest what he said is true to begin with - what you are doing is asking me to prove a negative. "Prove God isn't real!" ...prove he is, being a common example.

Who are you to judge the intentions of a Star Wars writer? You can't pick and choose when you want to believe what a character says and when not to.

1. Writers clearly intended Vandar to be the guy who informs the character of how powerful Malak is

2. Why the hell would Vandar say something like that, only for the writers to really mean, "oh Malak is decently powerful yeah, but still not as strong as Darth Revan." That's a terrible way to hype up your main villain, and that's also taking a pretty clear quote and making it convoluted and obscure in its meaning.

What issues do you have with Malak>Darth Revan? Why does that bother people so much?

Again, you have no authority on the intentions of a writer you have no working relationship with. The notion doesn't bother me at all, just like fictional characters don't, but what might bother me is catching myself taking someone's word for something and it turning out not to be true. Basic logic.

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: Then tell me why Vandar would say that and why the writer's would have him say such a clear statement about Malak's power if it wasn't supposed to be taken seriously.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthbane77:

Kao and Zallow have done nothing to suggest that they're on Malak's level,

They don't need to, either, since they're together here.

and you have yet to supply any quotes or sources for your argument.

Uh, okay. Zallow held his own against Malgus as a near-equal, Malgus being one of the greatest Sith Warriors in the entire empire nearly 30 years prior to that before he was even a Darth. His powers increased as he spent decades in constant war, and by the time he fought Zallow (who had just bludgeoned someone Malgus loves) he was totally bloodlusted and fully focused on demolishing him and all other Jedi present. Malgus also battered down the defences of the Jedi battlemaster when he was 20ish, and defeated Satele Shan quite clearly, who is one of the Jedi's foremost warriors at the time.

Malgus also received an accolade from Sidious, who suggested Malgus' battlefield accomplishments are "unparalleled", which while may not be 100% accurate, is an incredible compliment from someone like Sidious who is incredibly critical of who he praises, and is the most powerful and intelligent Sith ever.

Malak's best accolades to my knowledge are him being mentioned as one of the most powerful Sith ever, which is cool, but not what I'd consider overwhelming against Malgus.

Malgus obviously has better TK feats; sending people flying, smashing windows and breaking hospital doors, and shaking a shuttle all with one release of power which was omnidirectional, and hardly his best. He also Force Screamed hard enough to destroy the fuel cells of multiple starfighters. He also broke down Aryn Leneer's lightsaber defence with lightning alone, Aryn being even greater than Zallow, the same lightning which killed three Jedi in one burst (two padawans being caught as simple collateral damage).

I can go on. Malgus has a respect thread, as do all of the supporting characters who feature in the feats I'm mentioning; Malak doesn't quite compare.

Darach's feats consist of killing Vindican (who was basically fodder)

Such fodder that the SWTOR:E mentioned him alongside Naga Sadow as one of the most notable Sith Inquisitors.

and contending with apprentice Malgus, who, while powerful isn't among the greatest Sith ever at that point.

No, but taking them on and even getting the better of them at points, points to being very, very skilled, and Zallow is even better due to the fact he gave a much stronger version of Malgus a better fight, and was regarded as Malgus' most famous kill. Malak defeating them both at the same time without a SF amp is generous to say the least.

Malak has TK'd people hundreds of feet, dominated Revan and Bastila, easily bested Revan on the Leviathan, and has Force powers that I doubt Kao and Zallow can defend against; such as Drain.

Which is nice and all, but Kao launching starship parts is comparable enough to the first, and Zallow is stronger than him. Dominating Revan on the Leviathan is a great feat, but as I reiterate, there are two Jedi here. Malak hasn't used Drain in a comparable situation either. You'll need to elaborate on why you think it matters.

Malak's combat abilities were said to have been equal to Revan's tactical mind; and Revan was a among the greatest tacticians in history, actively making Malak and incredibly powerful combatant.

That's nice, but it's from Drew, who is contradicted by Revan taking Malak's jaw off in a duel.

Malak was a master of multiple forms as well, as only high level lightsaber duelists could master Juyo, as Malak did.

Source for him mastering Juyo? Not that it really matters because Kao would have as well, being the battlemaster, and much less impressive beings have mastered it as well.

Malak is also stated as being proficient in Sith Sorcery, another set of skills that Kao and Zallow will be pressed to defend against.

Point me to a time where it mattered, especially a time like in this thread.

Physically, Malak is incredibly strong and his resistance to pain is very high.

So is Malgus, more so in fact.

His power in the Force is such that when Duron Qel-Droma died, he saw a vision of Darth Malak and was in awe of how powerful Malak was; suggesting that Malak was among the most powerful Sith to have lived at that point.

Or just that he saw a vision of Malak for some reason, though yes, Malak is powerful.

Underrating Malak isn't becoming of you my friend, nor is overrating these other two; neither of which have any feats putting them on Malak's level.

When you present an actual response to the many posts I've directed to you advising you that Darth Maul is, as you put it, "something special", despite the overwhelming evidence in favour of the point, I'll take your word for it that me underrating a fictional character is unbecoming of me. Until then, I suggest therapy and a glass of water for the emotional outburst.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: Then tell me why Vandar would say that and why the writer's would have him say such a clear statement about Malak's power if it wasn't supposed to be taken seriously.

I don't know, and I don't have to. Prove Vandar's word should be taken as gospel.

darthbane77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: Based on all you've pointed out I don't see Malgus as being much above Malak, but he is at least marginally better. I don't see Decevied Malgus losing to the likes of Zallow and Kao, but that's just me. Vindican being listed as one of the most notable Sith Inquisitors is laughable, seeing as how Vindican got stomped by Kao and Sadow would annihilate Kao; so they're not at all comparable. Malak's knowledge of Drain matters because he has no reason not to use it. Malgus is more durable I grant you that, but their physical strength and ability is pretty on par I think; maybe a slight edge to Malgus, but nothing much. Kao and Zallow's lack of feats are what really bother me, and against somebody that is at least equal to Darth Revan I just can't see them winning. I'll concede that they would give Malak a challenge, but I can't see them winning.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4a9a7745a28
deactivated-5a4a9a7745a28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: What evidence is there that Aryn is better then Zallow?

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By nfactor1995

@i_like_swords:

1. Bastila was able to sense Malak's power from across the galaxy, therefore it stands to reason that Vandar, a much more powerful Jedi Master (possibly the most powerful in the Order other than Revan at the time) would be able to sense Malak and his growing power - and by extension would've previously sensed Revan's power. So yes actually, Vandar would be a credible source to make such a comparison. Also, Vandar had an extensive role in the training of Revan and probably Malak too and would have a considerable understanding of their powers and abilities, up until the point when they disappeared and became Sith.
  2. There is no reason to question nor is there any evidence to support the idea that the writers arbitrarily put a quote like that in the game, spoken by one of the most revered characters in the game, asserting that Malak>Darth Revan yet the intent was for that quote to be inaccurate. That doesn't make any sense at all, and if it does to you, please explain why.

I don't know, and I don't have to. Prove Vandar's word should be taken as gospel.

Yeah, that's not how it works. You can't just claim something to be false with no evidence to back it up, then say that someone else is wrong even when they provide rational evidence to support their claim. You cannot assume that the answer is automatically "no" in regards to Vandar's quote being accurate without backing it up. Tell me this exchange doesn't sound stupid:

A - "Why would the writers have Vandar, a revered and powerful Jedi Council member, say that Malak>Darth Revan if the quote wasn't intended to be true?

B - "I don't know. But it's false. Prove me wrong."

WTF? If you are arguing against the quote, YOU are the one that has to prove otherwise. The quote is pretty self explanatory.

Geistalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Geistalt

Oh, and Ven Zallow fought Malgus on a light side Force nexus (and, if Bastila's behavior on Lehon was any indication, maybe Malak did surpass Revan as a Darth).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nfactor1995:

Bastila was able to sense Malak's power from across the galaxy, therefore it stands to reason that Vandar, a much more powerful Jedi Master (possibly the most powerful in the Order other than Revan at the time) would be able to sense Malak and his growing power - and by extension would've previously sensed Revan's power. So yes actually, Vandar would be a credible source to make such a comparison.

Got quotes, etc? Was Vandar among those who eventually defeated Darth Revan? I would buy it if Vandar experienced the full might of Darth Revan's power and you can reasonably infer that he could sense Malak's power as well.

Also, Vandar had an extensive role in the training of Revan and probably Malak too and would have a considerable understanding of their powers and abilities, up until the point when they disappeared and became Sith.

Which, as I hope you realise, is irrelevant after they become Sith.

Yeah, that's not how it works. You can't just claim something to be false with no evidence to back it up, then say that someone else is wrong even when they provide rational evidence to support their claim.

Bro, you didn't "provide rational evidence" until this very post. Do you seriously expect me to counter arguments ahead of their very creation? I know I'm pretty good, but I'm not psychic.

And yeah, it is how it works. You make a claim, I ask for verification, you back it up. Until you back it up, the onus is on you, not me. You were essentially asking me "prove this isn't true!" because a character made an opinion I had no reason at the time to believe was trustworthy.

Surely a level of scepticism can be expected, no?

A - "Why would the writers have Vandar, a revered and powerful Jedi Council member, say that Malak>Darth Revan if the quote wasn't intended to be true?

B - "I don't know. But it's false. Prove me wrong."

In other words:

A- "Why don't you believe this character? The writers made him say a thing!"

B- "Gee, maybe it's because there isn't yet a reason for me to believe them!"

Like holy shit, this isn't rocket science.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: What evidence is there that Aryn is better then Zallow?

Two superior performances against Malgus, both of which she lands blows on Malgus in (in the first she catches him in a kick and throws him across a courtyard, in the second she pierces his armor slightly).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: Based on all you've pointed out I don't see Malgus as being much above Malak, but he is at least marginally better.

I don't see Decevied Malgus losing to the likes of Zallow and Kao, but that's just me.

Vindican being listed as one of the most notable Sith Inquisitors is laughable, seeing as how Vindican got stomped by Kao and Sadow would annihilate Kao; so they're not at all comparable.

Malak's knowledge of Drain matters because he has no reason not to use it.

Malgus is more durable I grant you that, but their physical strength and ability is pretty on par I think; maybe a slight edge to Malgus, but nothing much.

Kao and Zallow's lack of feats are what really bother me, and against somebody that is at least equal to Darth Revan I just can't see them winning. I'll concede that they would give Malak a challenge, but I can't see them winning.

If Malgus is marginally better than Malak, and Zallow alone is marginally weaker than Malgus, do the math my friend. Malak isn't superman and I don't expect him to be.

Maybe against them together, maybe not, but as we've agreed, Malgus is better than Malak.

That's not strictly a rule but rather your interpretation of the situation; and also, you don't need to be comparable to Naga to take benefit from an accolade such as being one of the most notable Sith Inquisitors in TOR. So, moot points all around.

Show me him using it on two Jedi of this calibre to some success while they're double-teaming him.

Malgus certainly has better strength feats, such as kicking Adraas into a stone column so hard it shattered.

It's okay for them being minor characters to bother you, but it also doesn't change anything for you.