Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By nfactor1995
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Standard gear and abilities, both are fighting all out, and the fight is to the death. Battle takes place in the Jedi Temple on Coruscant and they start 15 yards apart.

Who wins and why?

TheMuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Feats for angral?

darthbane77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themuser: I believe he was supposed to be better than Malgus as of the final SWTOR trailer.

TheMuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthbane77: He was higher ranked in the sith hierarchy sure, but that doesn't inherently translate to power, consider also that malgus himself is a poor politically which can slow your rate of promotion in the empire, was looking for actual combative feats.

darthbane77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themuser: Malgus seems to have a respect/slight fear of Angral in Deceived. Which lead me to believe that Angral was above Malgus in power at the time. As for combat feats, he contended with an end of Act 1 HoT, and that's about it.

darthbane77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ordeith: Let me try to find it, I may be mistaken; been a while since I read the book.

darthbane77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ordeith: OK, this just after Angral implies that Malgus was questioning the Emperor's decision to spare Coruscant (Malgus is furious at this point and the idea of questioning the Emperor kind of clears his head.)

"No. I do not question the Emperor."

"I'm pleased to hear it. Now sit, Malgus." Angral's tone left no doubt that the words were not a suggestion."

After that Malgus takes his seat pretty quickly. This could be attributed more to Malgus' thinking he questioned the Emperor, but I took it more as Malgus being kind of wary of Angral.

Another one, Adraas files a report to Angral about the Sacking of the Jedi Temple, Malgus gets angry an begins to question and Angral immediately shuts Malgus down; and Malgus acknowledges it.

Angral waved a hand dismissively. "No apologies are necessary. I solicited his report directly."

Malgus did not know what to make of that and did not like that he did not know. "Directly? Why?"

"Do you believe that I owe you an explanation, Darth Malgus?"

Malgus had misstepped again. "No, my lord."

Another example, Adraas is implying he knows that Malgus cares for Eleena Daru at this point, and Angral is on Adraas' apparent side in this, being that he has sanctioned Adraas to attempt to take Malgus' place as a Darth. Malgus knows he can't respond.

"Malgus missed nothing, but could say nothing."

Another example, the conversation hits a boiling point and Malgus and Adraas draw their lightsabers and begin fighting. Angral stops the fight with nothing more than a few words.

Malgus summoned a reserve of strength and pushed Adraas back a stride. They regarded each other with hate in theit eyes.

"That will be all." Angral said, standing.

Neither Malgus nor Adraas took his eyes from the other and neither deactivated his blade.

"That will be all," Angral Said.

As one, both men backed off another step. Adraas deactivated his blade, then Malgus.

Final example, Angral indirectly threatens Malgus.

Angral drew himself up to his full height. "You will, both of you, follow my commands without question or hesitation. I will deal harshly with any deviation from that order. Do you understand?"

Angral had directed the rebuke at both of them, but Malgus understood it to be intended for him.

"Yes, Darth Angral," they said in unison.

"You are servants of the Empire."

Malgus, stewing, said nothing.

"Both of you leave me, now," Angral said.

Still seething, Malgus walked for the door. Adraas fell in a stride behind him.

That's it for those quotes. They can be interpreted in a couple different ways, but I took it as Malgus being somewhat afraid to defy Angral.

darthbane77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ordeith: yeah, like I said. It's pretty open to interpretation, and I can see how somebody wouldn't understand how I cam to my conclusion.

Avatar image for deactivated-60cfeed0de1b0
deactivated-60cfeed0de1b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like @darthbane77 and @ordeith said, it is open to interpretation. The Emperor also seems to trust Angral, but this is not because of his power, rather, it is because of his loyalty to him. So I think since the Emperor placed a certain degree of trust in Angral, that trust warranted respect from Malgus. However, I am unsure if Ven Zallow is equal or greater in skill to the Hero of Tython. I am going to try and make the case that he is less than HoT:

Ven Zallow has some pretty incredible speed and reaction time feats, leaping out of the way of Malgus's lightsaber strikes multiple times.

Hitting MALGUS so hard he dislodged Malgus's tooth and made his respirator go askew. This is the same guy who endured a point blank grenade on Alderran.

Blasting Lord Adraas across a hall (not much of a feat but hey, Zallow only has 1 combat showing)

Incredible durability feats, being Force Pushed into stone so hard the stone cracks and Zallow still recovers.

Being kicked by Malgus and recovering in midair

One shotting Elena Daru with Force Push

Alright. Those are all of Zallow's important feats.

Now let's go on to the major ones for HoT that pertain to Zallow,

Bengel Morr, a Jedi who was present during the Sacking of Coruscant INSIDE the Jedi Temple, says that HoT is the strongest Jedi he has ever known. That's a pretty big feat.

These 2 alone prove HoT is above Zallow. I think that Zallow=Angral, since Zallow's dueling is better, but he has no Force feats, which Angral makes up. Well, I give the slight edge to Ven Zallow as the winner of this matchup.

@bigsambino87 Your thoughts?

TheMuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeditraining101: While I appreciate your attempt to give zallow credit, you forget Malgus being rage amped in that fight, and that zallow successfully defended himself from malgus assault. and when he went on the offense put malgus in a position where he couldn't launch a counter attack.....aside from that, well done.

Avatar image for deactivated-5be183e26f3e9
deactivated-5be183e26f3e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themuser: Malgus seems to have a respect/slight fear of Angral in Deceived.

Malgus beat and killed him though.

TheMuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TheMuser
darthbane77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-60cfeed0de1b0
deactivated-60cfeed0de1b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themuser Thanks bro! Praise means alot, especially for a kid like me!

@ordeith True, I'll edit that out

TheMuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

darthbane77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kbroskywalker: Lol, obviously; that's pretty easy to see. But the fact remains that, at the time, Malgus was still among the greatest warriors in the Empire. And if anybody can drive a bit of fear into Malgus they deserve respect. So yes, I already know Deceived Malgus is pre-prime; and it doesn't at all change anything I said previously.

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably Angral, in a close fight.

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers