Daredevil (Netflix) vs. Arrow (CW)

JackJack390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JackJack390

(Don't know if this is a stomp, on episode 2)

Daredevil from the Netflix show and Arrow from the CW show Arrow, if this has been done, tell me and I'll delete it

R1- DD Standard gear, Oliver gets 20 normal arrows, morals off

R2- No gear, morals off

R3- DD standard gear, Oliver gets 40 normal arrows, in character

R4- no gear, in character

No prep, win via KO or kill, and the fight takes place in Nolanverse Gotham

Happy Debating

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I'm only one episode 3. But I feel DD has hard time just fighting regular fodder. Like the guy in the apartment in the first episode.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I advise limiting Ollie to Season 1 feats if you want this to be fair. Matt's been extremely impressive so far but it's too early to put him up against big names with several seasons/films to draw from.

I'd probably call it a stalemate either way, whether that be now or when Matt has enough feats to call it. They're pretty similar fighters, face very similar types of threats. I suppose Matt has the super power edge but it's not too great.

JackJack390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwalser3: technically I don't think he was fodder, the one guy said that he was a pro, and at the beginning of episode one he took out a group of armed men (though he surprised them first), and he also took out a group of armed men in episode 2, (so has Arrow, but that shows that they are around equal), plus in episode 2 he is recovering from injuries when he fights the armed men

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Saint_Sophie

I haven't seen the show yet, and I don't have Netflix accessible at the moment, so could you please list any noteworthy feats so far?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@saint_sophie: At one point he spin kicks an arrow out of the air

JackJack390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_sophie: I'm not very far in the series, though he has taken out groups of armed men, and it seems like he has good speed and agility

Avatar image for deactivated-5cfefdb3f097d
deactivated-5cfefdb3f097d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just finished episode 1. Daredevil looked like he was Huntress level at most.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 rogueshadow  Moderator

Daredevil doesn't have the striking feats to beat Ollie, that's his issue with fodder, while he has the skill, it only takes Ollie a swift one two to put them down, Daredevil has to keep battering them and battering them to beat them down.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daredevil doesn't have the striking feats to beat Ollie, that's his issue with fodder, while he has the skill, it only takes Ollie a swift one two to put them down, Daredevil has to keep battering them and battering them to beat them down.

I think he's improving as the season goes on. I recall him kicking a guy hard enough for him to take flight and smash into the back window of a car. And some of the guys he's fighting are pretty hardcore, i.e the Russians.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@i_like_swords said:

@rogueshadow said:

I think he's improving as the season goes on. I recall him kicking a guy hard enough for him to take flight and smash into the back window of a car. And some of the guys he's fighting are pretty hardcore, i.e the Russians.

I actually took note of that, I'd have to go back and watch to be sure, but it looked like he only kicked him a few feet and he cracked his head off the window, it's not something a normal person couldn't do really.

Zazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Give the guy the benefit of the doubt, Oliver has six times the material to pull from.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow said:

I actually took note of that, I'd have to go back and watch to be sure, but it looked like he only kicked him a few feet and he cracked his head off the window, it's not something a normal person couldn't do really.

It was only a few feet, but it was a few feet flying through the air. I haven't ever seen someone kicked that far from a roundhouse in my life.

The kick:

No Caption Provided

It's hard to see but he's clearly off the ground as he hits the window:

No Caption Provided

The landing:

No Caption Provided

The ensuing damage:

No Caption Provided

It's from Episode 5, around the 15:30 mark.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 rogueshadow  Moderator

@i_like_swords: Yeah, good point, I went back and watched it. What makes it impressive in my opinion is the fact that he kicks him through the air via the headshot, I thought it was a chest kick, kicking somebody back like that around their centre of mass wouldn't be that great, but head is impressive.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: Our boy Matt will be tilting limo's in no time >:)

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 rogueshadow  Moderator

@i_like_swords:

Opening scene of Season 2 probably goes something like this:

'Hand shows up, attacks Daredevil'

'Daredevil grabs limo'

GTFO
GTFO

Kingpin had a really nice strength feat in that he basically turned a guy's head into pulp with a car door. It takes about 520lb of force to crush a skull, so God knows how much it takes to turn it into goop.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 WastelandMan  Online

@jwalser3 said:

I'm only one episode 3. But I feel DD has hard time just fighting regular fodder. Like the guy in the apartment in the first episode.

Eh, he wasn't just regular fodder he was highly skilled IIRC. The four dudes he took on earlier in the episode was highly impressive. He stomped them and bullet dodged multiple times in one instance with his back turned.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Arrow

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Matt

Avatar image for tylerdurden7272
TylerDurden7272

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The further I get in the series, the more I realize he stomps. Especially around episode 7 with what he did to Stick's arrow.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Matt is an easy billet timer, and stomped a bunch of guys in a confined space while sporting injuries that Claire (the nurse) thought he shouldn't be walking from. That's just the first two episodes.

car0nshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daredevil stomps. Spite.

jcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By jcell

I finished the series. With gear I think Daredevil takes it. His red suit/armor allowed him to take some crazy punishment and didn't seem to slow him down at all. I think Ollie would have a hard time tagging him with an arrow considering Matt had some really impressive stealth and dodging feats.

Without gear I'm not sure, to hard to say.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

daredevil has his own show in Netflix, damn. Too bad I switch to Hulu.

Avatar image for tylerdurden7272
TylerDurden7272

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The realism in the show is incredible. Arrow never gets tired and the fight scenes don't really do it for me but Daredevil? Oh my gawd!!! I don't think I've ever seen fight scenes so damn good and realistic.

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With his gear, Daredevil. He bullet times consistently at close range, he deflects an arrow after hearing it about to be fired then runs to where it will be, not to mention his suit provides some, albeit unshown, protection from stabbing wounds.I feel he can take more punishment and he looks faster in hand to hand fighting.

bflynn316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah episode 7 has Matt casually outrace and bat an arrow out of the sky, he should be able to take Ollie.

44orhsaJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By 44orhsaJ

Damn based on these comments I need to catch up...LOL I didn't think he was in arrows league.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@44orhsaj: He is, but from what I can tell Arrow gets pretty underrated on the whole as well.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stalemate or Matt...

This guy dodges rapid machine fire at point blank range EASILY & was strong enough to flip & throw Fisk. He's easily gonna dodge Ollie's arrows & as of the last episode I'd back him in stalemating Ollie at least.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#33  Edited By Saren

It's a little difficult to make a comparison because Daredevil tries to be more "realistic" compared to Arrow, or indeed to most fight scenes in American TV and cinema; so Ollie one-shots most of the people he fights while Matt has more of a struggle to take them down even though Matt is swifter. Yeah, Matt could probably deflect arrows, but Ollie has already faced several people like that and his one/two-hit-KO H2H feats are going to be better results-wise next to Matt's fighting style. Ollie just has a lot more material to choose from; I don't believe Matt has anything to compare to Ollie being punched about a hundred times by the Flash. Not to mention Ollie has explosive arrows, grappling arrows.......it's just difficult.

Avatar image for deactivated-613e82c4b95f9
deactivated-613e82c4b95f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

I'm quite certain Ollie dominates. Don't get me wrong, DD is leaps and bounds ahead of Arrow in terms of writing, cinematography and just about everything else, but Arrow is more flashy and unrealistic. You have military drones involved in car chases and Ollie fighting amped superhuman villains, where as Matt struggles with regular russian thugs. It's just that DD takes a more realistic approach, which makes sense since it aims to be a noir crime TV show rather than a gritty superhero drama.

That said, I just finished episode 2, so things may change.

moi245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

unequal match

JackJack390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren: he only has standard arrows, I specified in the description that it was just normal arrows

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

@jackjack390: Well, that's your fault for expecting anyone to read the OP

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#39  Edited By MasterKungFu

too early

Matthew_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#40  Edited By Matthew_X

Isn't this kinda irrelevant? I mean Oliver is like in his 3rd season or something while Matt is just starting. You simply can't compare the two yet, cause Oliver has more feats and recieved more growth as an individual and a fighter.

I would consider comparing the two after DD gets more episodes.

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 mr_ingenuity  Moderator

Some fight scenes have already went up on youtube. Poor Quality

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ollie without too much trouble

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Matt doesn't have the feats to justify saying he beats ollie. He is definitely fast but he is still able to be tagged by regular guys and he struggles sometimes with guys who would he fodder for Arrow. Its a more realistic show too. Arrow should have this with some difficulty due to speed, and he is a bit tougher too

vasu12360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arrow.... better fear better gear better suit(lookvise) and better trained but after a good fight

cfrehse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@testament: I 100% agree. Big tough thugs against a small nimble guy. It should take Matt multiple hits to take em down. Arrow and other shows all the villains and thugs ha e glass jaws.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#47 vance_astro  Moderator

I'm surprised that I can even watch The Flash, The CW does something to shows that makes them unwatchable. I don't know what it is. I never even gave Arrow a chance because I already don't like Green Arrow as a character and based on that overrated, heaping pile of garbage they called Smallville and what I know about the CW's shows from trying to sit through many of them since back when the channel was called "The WB"..I figured this wouldn't be any good either. By the time my friends started telling me it was good, it was already a whole season in and Verizon FIOS doesn't have The CW on demand. I just got an app for Windows 8 with every season on it, maybe i'll get into it.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vance_astro: Arrow is on Netflix too. The first 2 seasons anyway.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#50 vance_astro  Moderator

@stormdriven said:

@vance_astro: Arrow is on Netflix too. The first 2 seasons anyway.

I just got Netflix yesterday, specifically to watch Daredevil. I have no idea what else is on it.