ShadowPro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ShadowPro

Danny Phantom vs Ichigo Hollow

I'm trying to find the original thread but I can't so I'm making a new one, same rules than the original with the original ichigo hollow, not the second one

18hunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Same result as last time, god or death vs ghost

ShadowPro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@18hunt said:

Same result as last time, god or death vs ghost

technically is not a god of death, is a hollow, a soul eater monster, with no inteligence at all, that can be easily trapped in ice or BFR with the soul shredder (in the original thread danny had the soul shrreder in round four)

rpottage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I assume (based on the picture) that by the first Hollow Ichigo you mean the first time he fully hollified; and not the first time he became hollow Ichigo (which was when the mask appeared while fighting in the Soul Society).

Hollowfied Ichigo was pure rage basically; it didn't seem to have the capicity for intense intelligent thought, however it was a beast at fighting. And he wasn't a moron in the traditional sense; while fighting Zangetsu in the sould society he actually headbutted Zangetsu as a distraction before firing off a quick cero, so he did use tactics as needed. He also had massive intant regeneration and was more powerful than Zangetsu. So in a straight fight he's taking Danny down.

As for the Soul Shredder; I actually don't see that as much of a threat. The powers it displays aren't that much of a threat to Hollow Ichigo (He's still more powerful) and the big threat from it (sending them to a dimension where all their worst fears come true) would be practically useless against hollow ichigo since the only part of it that would have fear is Ichigo (the hollow ichigo in the picture is basically pure rage, no fear); and Ichigo's biggest fear is losing control completely which would actually benefit the Hollow Ichigo part.

18hunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No in Japanese they are not soul reapers, they are death gods, that is what they call them

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

@18hunt said:

No in Japanese they are not soul reapers, they are death gods, that is what they call them

A Hollow is a not a shinigami.

rpottage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omgomgwtfwtf: Hollow Ichigo is, however; complete with a sword and bankai.
Remember; the Hollow and the Shinigami are the same thing in Ichigo. The part that appears is whichever is in control which depends on Ichigo's mental state; but they're the same. Zangetsu is Hollow Ichgo, Hollow Ichigo is Zangetsu; they make that point in Bleach (right before Zangetsu absorbs the image of hollow ichigo back into himself).

18hunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By 18hunt

Yeah tell him son! @rpottage, anyway, yeah ichigo wtfstomps

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

@rpottage: How does that make Hollow Ichigo a shinigami? I understand the whole premise of what Zangetsu and Hollow Ichigo represent, but Ichigo is still not a shinigami. He's a human, who is happens to be a shingami substitute. So irregardless of what Hollow Ichigo is it still wouldn't make him a shinigami. It doesn't live within the confines of soul society or was it born there. It doesn't serve the Gotei 13 or have any purpose.

rpottage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By rpottage

@omgomgwtfwtf: If your argument is solely that he doesn't fit the role of Shinigami because of where he lives; then you're just talking about semantics. The point of him being a Death God is that he has the powers of the Death God's, turns into a Death God, and has been proclaimed a Substitute Death God. In terms of his actual power; he's a Death God+.

Your argument is no different than if I say Danny Phantom isn't a ghost because he's a living human; it's just semantics that has absolutely nothing to do with the reason for the title or the powers.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rpottage: Ichigo is not a shinigami because he's not. It's pretty simple. Throughout the series he always been called something special and unique. So it's really not semantics when Ichigo is not a shinigami. Hollow Ichigo is not even a hollow. Ichigo is a unique individual in himself. So yes, he's greater than a shinigami in terms of raw power as evident in the manga. But he is not a shinigami in function. He's a substitute so much as he defeats hollows and cleanse their spirits, but he is not recognized as part of the Gotei 13. The Captain Commander and practically every Captain had always differentiated Ichigo from the Gotei 13 and issues such as Aizen and the the current Quincys were always meant to be handled internally. Ichigo only helps because he wants to and because, as it turns out, he's usually the only person who can actually save them. So it's really not semantics when Ichigo is clearly not a shinigami in shape or in function.

rpottage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rpottage: Ichigo is not a shinigami because he's not. It's pretty simple. Throughout the series he always been called something special and unique. So it's really not semantics when Ichigo is not a shinigami. Hollow Ichigo is not even a hollow. Ichigo is a unique individual in himself. So yes, he's greater than a shinigami in terms of raw power as evident in the manga. But he is not a shinigami in function. He's a substitute so much as he defeats hollows and cleanse their spirits, but he is not recognized as part of the Gotei 13. The Captain Commander and practically every Captain had always differentiated Ichigo from the Gotei 13 and issues such as Aizen and the the current Quincys were always meant to be handled internally. Ichigo only helps because he wants to and because, as it turns out, he's usually the only person who can actually save them. So it's really not semantics when Ichigo is clearly not a shinigami in shape or in function.

It's completely semantics. You're not talking about power, capabilities, or anything of the sort. You're solely talking about a title and saying it doesn't count because typically he has anouther word in front of that title. That's semantics.

And since it is just semantics:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J287L7egky8
0:40 - 1:00

You can see here that they specifically say Soul Reaper and Soul Reaper powers. They specifically say Ichigo must become a soul reaper (not a substitute, not something else; specifically soul reaper); which means not only are you just using semantics, you are actually still wrong about the semantics.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rpottage: Why are you using such an old video when so much has changed since then? It's seem you rather focus on this one point. It has been stated that Ichigo is something else entirely several times throughout the series.

As with the video you are posting it seems you forget to realize that Urahara wanted to make Ichigo a shinigami in order for him to stop Aizen from taking the Hogokyu. After saving Rukia Ichigo was ready to give back the shinigami powers which he got from her. Only then did they realize that he had power on his own. What also made Ichigo even more unique at that point was his ability to call upon a mask (similar to a hollow and wield additional power). This is extremely unique in the case of Ichigo because unlike Vizards he did not need the Hogokyu as a catalyst to instigate the transformation, something which should be impossible otherwise. Ichigo whole entire premise was that he's something entirely 'unique' in the series. He's a combination of shinigami, hollow, and Quincy but are none of them.

It's not like I'm saying this sorely to refute what you are saying. Hollow Ichigo stated it doesn't know what it is when asked by Ichigo if it is a hollow. Ichigo has been stated by Aizen as a unique being. I mean this pretty much has been proven with Ichigo's ability to access Mugetsu and become a trandimensional being above the concept of a shinigami and hollow. Also with the new info that he is part Quincy now it only adds to this notion that Ichigo is something else entirely.

So it's really not semantics. I'm not trying to define what it means to be a shinigami (which you clearly think I am). Ichigo is not one because he's a unique being unto himself.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

rpottage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By rpottage

@omgomgwtfwtf: It hasn't changed. Episode 1 is called "How I became a Shinigami". Episode 361 they specifically talk about him becoming a soul reaper again; to quote: "The reason why Kurosaki was able to become a soul reaper the first time was because he already had soul reaper powers to begin with".

His reasons for wanting Ichigo to be a soul reaper are irellevent; he still made him a soul reaper.
He isn't "like" a Vizard; he is a Vizard; and Vizard's are Soul Reapers just as Arrancar are Hollows.

Yes; it is semantics. It's semantics because this entire line started because you argued against 18hunt when he said it was Death God vs Ghost; you claimed that Hollows are Shinigami, at which point I pointed out that Hollow Ichigo is a Shinigami with Shinigami powers. Since then you've tried to obfuscate the issue by playing semantics so you don't have to admit the actual point that you were wrong since Hollow Ichigo does have shinigami powers and as such is a death god. The fact that he has other things as well doesn't make him not a death god anymore than two arms means you're not a bipedal.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rpottage: Yes, Ichigo has shinigami powers. That is the whole reason why he made into a substitute shinigami in the first place. My issue is that he is not a shinigami because he a unique being unto himself. Having shinigami powers does not automatically mean your a shinigami. It's like when Ginjou absorbed Ichigo's abilities and became able to use his shinigami powers. Just because he was capable of doing so didn't mean he was a shinigami at that time. There's a difference between being a shinigami in form and in function. It may sound like semantics to you, but it's a difference that I personally acknowledge. It's like calling an Arranacar a shingami merely because it can access the same powers as one. It would be fallacious because it doesn't serve the same function.

Ichigo was not a Vizard because he's not a shinigami/hollow hybrid. Just because he dons a mask like they do doesn't mean he is one of them. The whole entire premise of Ichigo was that no one truly knew what he is. People thought he was a Vizard, until Hollow Ichigo says it's not a hollow. We learn later that Hollow Ichigo is in fact a part of Ichigo's soul, same as Zangetsu. We also learn that Ichigo is part Quincy and thus it prevents him from being affected by the majority of the Vandereich's abilities, as said by Juha Bach himself. Ichigo is basically being placed into his own category as being pretty much a being which surpasses all conventional types (i.e. Hollow, Shinigami, Fullbringer or Quincy).

So basically it's not semantics because there is no set definition. Our concept of what it means to be a shinigami are just different. My personal opinion is that Hollow Ichigo can't be labelled a shinigami just because it has a bankai and happens to a part of Ichigo. It doesn't purify souls or anything of the sort. It's a shinigami, in the sense, that Superman and Wonder Woman are both Class 100s. But other than that it doesn't share any similarities.

rpottage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arrancar do not have Shinigami powers; which is why they're not called Shinigami. They're hollow's who removed part of their mask and gained Shinigami-like powers; but they're not the same (no bankai, no flash-step, etc.). That's why they're not called shinigami.

Ichigo is called a shinigami; as I've proven with three very different examples taking place at widely different times in the series.

No, it's still semantics. If he's a soul reaper in any way; then you're just flat out wrong to have said he wasn't a soul reaper. Accept it.

Yes he was a Hollow/Soul Reaper hybrid; hence he was both. The fact that he used a different method to achieve the exact same thing doesn't mean he's not a Vizard. That's like saying a human born via surrogate isn't a human because they took a different route than traditional birth. They're still human.

No, they're not different. You're trying to manipulate the wording to cover yourself because you were wrong. The powers are the exact same thing, he's called a soul reaper in the series, etc.; which means that for the only thing that matters here; I.E. his powers in relation to this battle, he's a soul reaper.
Stop trying to manipulate the wording to cover yourself and just admit you were wrong; he has the powers of a death god and thus it's still death god vs ghost.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rpottage: Well their's no point in further discussing this if you're really only trying to prove yourself right. I was just trying to say that in my opinion Ichigo is not really a shinigami because of the reasons I stated. I have already said that I wasn't discussing this on a right or wrong basis. You're entitled to your own opinion like everyone else, I was just giving my two cents on the matter.

theONEtaichou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OoOookaaay... I think I walked into something else!

Ichigo wins #runs away#

ShadowPro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ShadowPro

@thatguywithheadphones: in character, although that mean bloodlust for IH

@rpottage said:

As for the Soul Shredder; I actually don't see that as much of a threat. The powers it displays aren't that much of a threat to Hollow Ichigo (He's still more powerful) and the big threat from it (sending them to a dimension where all their worst fears come true) would be practically useless against hollow ichigo since the only part of it that would have fear is Ichigo (the hollow ichigo in the picture is basically pure rage, no fear); and Ichigo's biggest fear is losing control completely which would actually benefit the Hollow Ichigo part.

we don't know that for sure, IH could have fear too, and it could also send himm to a dimension where he lives Ichigos worst fear

@rpottage said:

I assume (based on the picture) that by the first Hollow Ichigo you mean the first time he fully hollified

exactly

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21 the_stegman  Moderator

Going by the pictures, Danny beats that Ichigo.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By New_World_Order

Ichigo.

ShadowPro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well lets see

on one hand we have an almost mindless monster, with incredible raw power, durability and healing factor, and whose intellect is barely, and I mean barely enoough to create a decent strategy

on the oter hand we have a ghost boy that can turn himself and others invisible, and intangible and has almost the same level of raw power, and equal durability, not to mention is a helluva strategist (compared to him) is waaaaaay more hax, is way stronger than him (I mean he has lifted a dragon with ease) and has better reflexes and a sword that can BFR anyone it cuts...

I'm giving the edge to danny

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Danny has the slight edge here.