mcballsnweiners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mcballsnweiners
Column HeadColumn HeadColumn Head

Two iconic Matvel-U characters, who wins?

or
or
No Caption Provided

CIRCUMSTANCES: This is of course pre-Phoenix Force Cyclops.

Fight to the death.

No prep time.

Cyclops is experiencing bloodlust.

Fight takes begins in the middle of an intersection of an abandoned metropolitan area (buildings near by though they are quite a distance from them).

Who takes this fight most of the time and why?

sync1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By sync1

You're kidding right? Cyclops stomps.

Bane_of_sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Bane_of_sith

I wouldn't say it's a stomp, cyclops would have his hands full trying to thwart spidermans precognition ability. This could go either way, if spidey takes a blast from cyclops he's in trouble,,,big trouble, but spidey has superior agility, strength, and reaction time, couple that with his web I might give spidey the edge 6/10

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JonSmith

Eh, Spidey's taken a uni-beam. One spider-punch should take Scott down.

Keep in mind, I'm totally biased.

I really, really, REALLY, dislike Scott Summers.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By Strider1992

Although I want to say Spider-man cuz Cyclops is a jerk that I dislike immensely, bloodlusted he could simply take his visor off and BOOM no more city and no more Spider-man. Cyclops takes this even though I hate his guts.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By ShootingNova

Cyclops wins, but I HATE him with a passion.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Killemall

@JonSmith said:

I really, really, REALLY, dislike Scott Summers.

LOL dont we all, the stupid dictator Summers.

Without anything on the distance i would assume they start fairly close, Spiderman is stronger, faster and a lot agile. All he has to do is get Scott distracted long enough from not taking off his visor. I think spiderman should win.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Strider1992

@Killemall: Good point this gives me hope back!!!

@mcballsnweiners: OP whats the starting distance!?

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Bo88gdan

Cyclops wins if he hits Spiderman it is all over

kcaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By kcaz

i'll say 4/10 spidey wins. if he can avoid scott's blast by hiding behind objects, and use his web to remove cyclop's visor, cyclops will run out of power if he over use his optic blast. however, a few direct hits will KO spidey. so spidey can only win with patience

SpideyPresence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SpideyPresence

I'm gonna say 50/50. One serious punch from Spidey and Cyclops dies. But then again one blast..... meh.... screw this

spawn_123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By spawn_123

@ShootingNova said:

Cyclops wins, but I HATE him with a passion.

This

JediWaffles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By JediWaffles

@sync1 said:

You're kidding right? Cyclops stomps.

Not even close. No distance stated, so i assume they're fairly near each other, at least within eyesight. Spidey simply webs his body. Far slower people than Spidey have dodged Cykes' beams, and he wouldn't go visors off right away anyway. Or Spidey could just, you know, punch him.

Avatar image for mcballsnweiners
mcballsnweiners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mcballsnweiners

Wow, what's with all of the Cyke hate?! I assume it's cause AvX? And okay, in regards to distance, lets say the distance is about 40 yards with buildings nearby.

@sync1: Not exactly. You have to remember Spiderman's durability, agility, and Spider Senses. That coupled with the fact that reasonably near by there is lots of cover for Spidey to use to his advantage. Not to mention his webbing.

@JonSmith: That's true, but I don't think a Uni-beam has power on the level of Cyclops' optic blast. Not to mention he is in blood lust but Spidey is not.

@JediWaffles: Sorry about not giving a distance earlier. Spidey may or may not land the webbing on his body; after all, Cyke has extreme precision with his optic blast, even being able to blow a hole though a falling quarter. He has nailed Quicksilver with it before (albeit completely lucky, it just sounds badass to say he did it). But he can only dodge so many optic blasts before he gets pegged by one due to the speed they're released at, just like the uni-beam.

ChaosBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By ChaosBlazer

@Strider92 said:

Although I want to say Spider-man cuz Cyclops is a jerk that I dislike immensely, bloodlusted he could simply take his visor off and BOOM no more city and no more Spider-man. Cyclops takes this even though I hate his guts.

yep. agreed.

BlueComet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BlueComet

Close fight but im gonna have to say Spider-man. He's Just so much faster there is no way Scott's gonna get a hit in.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Strider1992

@mcballsnweiners: Does Cyke have to keep his visor on?

sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By sandiego008

Cyclops should win here.

mcballsnweiners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By mcballsnweiners

@Strider92: Nope, he does not. To be honest, that's how I see him winning in most scenarios.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Strider1992

@mcballsnweiners said:

@Strider92: Nope, he does not. To be honest, that's how I see him winning in most scenarios.

Then Cyclops wins.

If he can take off his visor then Spider-man loses. If he has to keep it on then even bloodlusted Cyke would lose to SM but with visor off his field of attack is just to great.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

In my opinion this is a stomp. Cyclops only offensive is his Optic Blasts which lesser-powerful characters have dodged before. Also Cyclops has absolutely no defense at all and is only good in medium-long range attacks.

If Deadpool could do that than Spider-Man could too.

"Be water my friend"

No Caption Provided
jobiwankenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#22  Edited By jobiwankenobi

Can Spider-Man web his eyes shut if he takes off the visor? Could simply putting webbing over his eyes be enough to hold back his beams for even just a second. In, which Spider-Man can get closer or behind and then drop him with a punch?

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Strider1992

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: As much as I want Spider-man to win (and believe me I would love to see Spider-man beat that jerk) the OP has said Cyke doesn't have to keep his visor on so bloodlusted Scott is perfectly capable of doing this:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
sync1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By sync1

Cyclops is a much better fighter than Spidey. Also, Scott is blood lusted. The visor is coming off.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sync1 said:

Cyclops is a much better fighter than Spidey.

@Strider92 said:

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: As much as I want Spider-man to win (and believe me I would love to see Spider-man beat that jerk) the OP has said Cyke doesn't have to keep his visor on so bloodlusted Scott is perfectly capable of doing this:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

This is still a stomp then, just in the favor of Cyclops now.

"Be water my friend"

No Caption Provided
Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Strider1992

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

@Strider92 said:

This is still a stomp then, just in the favor of Cyclops now.

"Be water my friend"

No Caption Provided

Yep..

mcballsnweiners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By mcballsnweiners

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: That's true, but Spidey can only dodge for so long. Defense in terms of what? H2h or webbing? His optic blasts are still effective in close range... By the way, why do so many people have 'Be water my friend,' as their sigs?

@jobiwankenobi: To be honest, I don't think he could land the webbing on his eyes or on his visor. Cyke has hit quarters and chips falling through the air before, I think he could blast the web before it hits.

@sync1: Lol, lets not get carried away now. He's a great hand to hand fighter but no where near on par with Spidey, strength or speed wise.

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: @Strider92: Agreed.

I don't think Cyke was that bad before AvX. He's just corrupted by the Phoenix Force's power and afraid of losing someone he loves yet again.

blackpanther1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By blackpanther1

Yeah cyclops, Spiderman can't survive the strength of his Uni beam, the blaster has taken out people much................... more durable than spider man when i say much i mean much, for example woverine went through buildings when he got hit with the beams. Also if i remember he hit juggernaut with the uni beams and he actually slowed him down.

Also it can go either way with spiderman's agility and speed over cyclops if he can get close enough he can go for the kill.

And it with out the visor say bye bye to spiderman again!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcballsnweiners said:

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: That's true, but Spidey can only dodge for so long. Defense in terms of what? H2h or webbing? His optic blasts are still effective in close range... By the way, why do so many people have 'Be water my friend,' as their sigs?

@jobiwankenobi: To be honest, I don't think he could land the webbing on his eyes or on his visor. Cyke has hit quarters and chips falling through the air before, I think he could blast the web before it hits.

@sync1: Lol, lets not get carried away now. He's a great hand to hand fighter but no where near on par with Spidey, strength or speed wise.

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: @Strider92: Agreed.

I don't think Cyke was that bad before AvX. He's just corrupted by the Phoenix Force's power and afraid of losing someone he loves yet again.

Actually Spider-Man can't dodge at all since Cyclops doesn't have to keep his visor on, so it's an absolute stomp.

And I am the only one with "be water my friend" as a signature as I am aware.

"Be water my friend"

No Caption Provided
GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#30  Edited By GraniteSoldier

Spidey is the man, and if they start 40 yards apart there's a good chance he could web Cyclops' arms so he can't get his visor off. Plus with buildings he could manuver to keep Cylops from tracking him. One good hit from Spidey could KO Cyclops. That being said the fact that Cyclops is bloodlusted and Spidey isn't I'd have to give a slim majority to Cyclops. Spidey can probably take a few good full power-wide beam blasts before going down, but I think it'd just eventually wear Spidey down. I still think Spidey has a shot, but I give the slim majority to Cyclops. I hate myself for typing the words.

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By BringnIt

If Cyclops gets his visor off, he wins obviously. There's no reason he shouldn't be blitzed in this scenario, though.

sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By sandiego008

IMO Spidey has zero shot in this scenario ... in a different scenario he would beat cyclops but not this one.

karetaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By karetaker

bloodlusted scott stomps if his morals are off

bloodlusted scott stomps if his morals are off in an area with no civilians.

his range is too ridiculous

JediWaffles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By JediWaffles

@GraniteSoldier said:

Spidey is the man, and if they start 40 yards apart there's a good chance he could web Cyclops' arms so he can't get his visor off. Plus with buildings he could manuver to keep Cylops from tracking him. One good hit from Spidey could KO Cyclops. That being said the fact that Cyclops is bloodlusted and Spidey isn't I'd have to give a slim majority to Cyclops. Spidey can probably take a few good full power-wide beam blasts before going down, but I think it'd just eventually wear Spidey down. I still think Spidey has a shot, but I give the slim majority to Cyclops. I hate myself for typing the words.

I was about to say this. Cykes stomps in a visors-off scenario, which Spidey can prevent by simply webbing Cyke's arms. Cykes might be able to blast the webbings away, as mentioned by @mcballsnweiners he has incredible precision and accuracy. However,he will have to prevent a barrage of web shots, keeping him on edge and unable to attempt to take off his visor, or else getting webbed in the process. I believe Spidey can keep up this barrage until he gets into a close enough range wherein he simply one-shots Scott. Cyclops still wins some encounters, i have to admit.

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Parker. Spidey should be able to KO him before he gets the visor off.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Dextersinister

@sync1 said:

Cyclops is a much better fighter than Spidey. Also, Scott is blood lusted. The visor is coming off.

If they where both normal humans yes Cyclop's trains constantly so would have superior fighting skills but that does not measure up to enhanced strength and durability.

Bloodlusted Scott wouldn't even wear the visor.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

Cyclops for the win.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#38  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

In my opinion this is a stomp. Cyclops only offensive is his Optic Blasts which lesser-powerful characters have dodged before. Also Cyclops has absolutely no defense at all and is only good in medium-long range attacks.

If Deadpool could do that than Spider-Man could too.

"Be water my friend"

No Caption Provided

That's a terrible example to use and it was a terrible comic. In that same comic he even took out Colossus with a kick and Deadpool isn't agile or fast enough to where he should be able to dodge Cyclops, Domino and Surge all at once. He would have issues dodging Cyclops alone.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#39  Edited By Saren

Does this count for Cyclops' ability to tag Spidey?

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for venomsapprentice
venomsapprentice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By venomsapprentice

@CitizenBane said:

Does this count for Cyclops' ability to tag Spidey?

No Caption Provided

This proves that Spidey can take a hit. Also if it were just him and cyclops Spidey would have blitzed him by now.

usmuscle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By usmuscle

Cyclops turns him to dust!

mcballsnweiners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By mcballsnweiners

@JediWaffles: Good point. But Spidey would be on edge as well, considering he has to dodge a barrage of optic beams. I think the deciding factor here is the blood lust. With his morals goes the visor as well, and that means Spidey gets stomped.

@Dextersinister:@karetaker: Agreed.

@venomoushatred1001: That all depends on the starting distance. In this scenario, he won't be able to.

@god_spawn: Wow, I hadn't known that. I never knew read that issue. Sounds like shenanigans, thanks.

@venomsapprentice: There's no way that Spidey could just speed blitz him from the starting distance. Plus, Cyke is blood lusted, since that's the case, he would either remove his visor or increase the intensity of his optic blast. He once focused so much power into it that he shot a hole through the Blob with concussive force.

No Caption Provided

Sorry for taking so long to reply. I can still only post five times per day. How long will it be before I can post as much as I want?

venomsapprentice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By venomsapprentice

The Spider Sense is the game changer. It will tell him EXACTLY where to go, in order to dodge those blasts. From there, one web yank would probably break every bone in cyclops body.

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#44  Edited By Stronger

No visor removing:Peter stomps

Visor removing:Summers stomps

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#45  Edited By YoungJustice

Spidey

mcballsnweiners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By mcballsnweiners

@venomsapprentice: He can only dodge for so long. Not to mention that Cyke is a master at ricocheting shots so even after he dodges an initial shot there's a chance of getting hit by that same one. Also, hitting him with webbing won't be so easy considering his ludicrous accuracy with the optic blast.

@Stronger: Taking the visor off deeeeefinitely tilts it in Scott's favor.

venomsapprentice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By venomsapprentice

@mcballsnweiners said:

@venomsapprentice: He can only dodge for so long. Not to mention that Cyke is a master at ricocheting shots so even after he dodges an initial shot there's a chance of getting hit by that same one. Also, hitting him with webbing won't be so easy considering his ludicrous accuracy with the optic blast.

@Stronger: Taking the visor off deeeeefinitely tilts it in Scott's favor.

Doesn't need to dodge for long. Just long enough to attach a webline to Cy.

Vouile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Vouile

Since Cyclops is at his BloodLusted Stage.

Surely it's a stomp against Spider~man.

All he does is remove his visor and it goes "BLAM~O", as simple as that. And cyclops can follow Spidey with his eyes, that'll be simple. And once Spider~man is hit, all Scott has to do is, Go closer and do the same. And this time to finish of Spidey for good, he corners Spidey and that'll be the end.

Cyclops wins.

SexualLobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By SexualLobster

I say Spider-Man.

Scott is bloodlusted, but it doesn't say whether he'd remove his visor risking the safety of civilians. So I'd say that's not a factor.

Spider-Man has shown some pretty nuts acrobatic dodging abilities, multiple snipers, Ironman, lasers etc. I don't think dodging Cyclops' beams should be too hard to dodge in comparison.

Spider-Ma can use debris, rocks, etc. to distract long enough to close the gap and land the 1 shot he needs.

Spider-Man also might just web Scott up and slam him into the ground of something.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By jeanroygrant

Spider-Man could win