@acer51: Tell me what you think Cap will do at the beginning of the fight
Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#202  Edited By Stronger

If Steve fights carefully,he can win without much trouble.

JackRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#203  Edited By JackRock

@CaptainRodgers said:

@JackRock: How so ?

can i explain it in italiAn?!?!?:-)

acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By acer51

@Ferro Vida said:

I think he'll probably try to manuver torwards Cyclops as fast as he can.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By jeanroygrant

Cyclops

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#206  Edited By Ferro Vida
@acer51 said:

@Ferro Vida said:

I think he'll probably try to manuver torwards Cyclops as fast as he can.

Would he sacrifice defense for speed?
acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By acer51

@Ferro Vida: No but he's also not going to just stand there holding a shield in place.

gingerpenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By gingerpenny

Captain America

weaponxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#209  Edited By weaponxx

Pretty tough for me, they are both good tacticians (cap is better) but cyk has ranged attacks... and a powerful one at that. I think I would go with cyk.

(((Prodigy)))

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By (((Prodigy)))
@JackRock said:

@CaptainRodgers said:

@JackRock: How so ?

can i explain it in italiAn?!?!?:-)

Go ahead if you need to. We can use Google Translate.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By Ferro Vida
@acer51 said:

@Ferro Vida: No but he's also not going to just stand there holding a shield in place.

Then what, he just runs forward holding the shield?
willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By willpayton

Cyclops wins!

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#213  Edited By Dex_Starr

Cyclops vs Street Levelers are all essentially the same, it ultimately depends on if they could close the distance and if their a good enough fighter to demolish Scott up close.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#214  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Dex_Starr said:

Cyclops vs Street Levelers are all essentially the same, it ultimately depends on if they could close the distance and if their a good enough fighter to demolish Scott up close.

And Cap probably can under these conditions.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#215  Edited By Saren

@Ferro Vida said:

@acer51 said:

Why not?

CaptainRodgers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By CaptainRodgers

Yeah Jack Rock , I'll use a translator or something .

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#217  Edited By TDK_1997

Steve wins this.He has far more experience with fighting than Cyclops.The only advantage Cyke has is his power.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@TDK_1997 said:

Steve wins this.He has far more experience with fighting than Cyclops.The only advantage Cyke has is his power.

How does Steve have far more experience and why is it much of a factor? He was on ice for years and should only be a couple years older than Cyclops. Scott has been an X-man since he was 15 years old and he should be late 20's early 30's by now and is a superb strategist, easily one of Marvel's best tacticians.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By TDK_1997

@god_spawn: Scott may have been with the X-Men since when he was 15 but Steve is trained to be a soldier and has been into World War II.And for the record he is a far better techinician than Cyclops or any of the X-Men.He has great skills and can take out Scott but not with ease.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@TDK_1997: I already agreed Cap wins. My point is I hardly see an experience gap. Cap was on ice for years, I said that in my previous post. He was not in a conscious state training since WW2 meaning just because he was alive in WW2 is irrelevant cause those years from then and now, he was not perfecting his craft. He is only older than Cyke's by a small margin and Cyclops has close to 15 years of experience under his belt as an X-man which eliminates any experience edge as if it mattered, over Cyclops. And no, he is not a FAR better tactician than Cyclops, do you even know of Cyclops' strategical feats? Cap just has better training, not a massive experience edge. And like I said, experience is not that big of a factor.

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#221  Edited By tg1982

At twenty or fifty feet Cap wins. Due to all the cover that the abandon city offers I think he could close the gap and engage in H2H. In which Cap obviously has the advantage.

CaptainRodgers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By CaptainRodgers

@god_spawn said:

@TDK_1997: I already agreed Cap wins. My point is I hardly see an experience gap. Cap was on ice for years, I said that in my previous post. He was not in a conscious state training since WW2 meaning just because he was alive in WW2 is irrelevant cause those years from then and now, he was not perfecting his craft. He is only older than Cyke's by a small margin and Cyclops has close to 15 years of experience under his belt as an X-man which eliminates any experience edge as if it mattered, over Cyclops. And no, he is not a FAR better tactician than Cyclops, do you even know of Cyclops' strategical feats? Cap just has better training, not a massive experience edge. And like I said, experience is not that big of a factor.

Kang the Conqueror once sent Captain America back in time to fight a battle and made him fight it over and over again for (I think it was ) 1000 years , may have been 100 years , none the less that's many years of solid battle experience , there is most certainly an experience gap .

JediWaffles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By JediWaffles

@Andy Steven Summers said:

@Ferro Vida: Oh by all means I agree. I believe the fights close, but Cap would take the majority.

@JediWaffles:

It is a 'thing' because although the place may be abandoned he knows there is a Hero out there. He won't level areas for fear of possibly killing him who could quite possibly be trying to sneak around in the areas he is going to level.

Then again, it also depends on the abandoned city we're talking about. Say it's a largely industrial New York-esque city, then yeah, Cykes definitely wouldn't risk leveling the area for fear of killing or maiming Cap. But what if the city at hand was a more base one, with a majority of buildings being one to two stories high? Leveling the surrounding area would be sufficient enough to slow down, if not knock out Cap, giving him much needed clearance between them. It really all depends on the exact scenario, which unfortunately, the OP does not contain.

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By tg1982

@CaptainRodgers said:

@god_spawn said:

Kang the Conqueror once sent Captain America back in time to fight a battle and made him fight it over and over again for (I think it was ) 1000 years , may have been 100 years , none the less that's many years of solid battle experience , there is most certainly an experience gap .

That sounds cool. You know what comic and issue?

CaptainRodgers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By CaptainRodgers

@tg1982 said:

@CaptainRodgers said:

@god_spawn said:

That sounds cool. You know what comic and issue?

I can't remember , sorry .

DrEgonSpengler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By DrEgonSpengler

I say Cyclops. If it is in an abandon city Cyke can use his optic blasts to destroy the supports of buildings causing them to collapse on Cap or at least near him, causing at the very least a destraction, so Cyclops can hit him with a focussed shot.

CaptainRodgers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By CaptainRodgers

@DrEgonSpengler said:

I say Cyclops. If it is in an abandon city Cyke can use his optic blasts to destroy the supports of buildings causing them to collapse on Cap or at least near him, causing at the very least a destraction, so Cyclops can hit him with a focussed shot.

Definitely not , morals are on here , Scott won't be shooting down buildings , he could kill both of them never mind the massive damage it would cause.

DrEgonSpengler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By DrEgonSpengler

The city is abandoned so there will be no other casualties. I also dont see in the OP what the morals are? It doesnt say if they are on or off? Cyke is skilled enough to target a buildung that wont collapse on him.

CaptainRodgers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By CaptainRodgers

@DrEgonSpengler: I think default means they are on , which means Cyke would not try to shoot down a building in order to kill someone who he knows doesn't deserve to be killed .

He may be skilled enough but he wouldn't do it , it's not in his character to wreck cities especially not in order to kill one street leveler .

DrEgonSpengler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By DrEgonSpengler

He's not only limmited to buildings though. He can blast cars, trucks,buses or other vehicles around him towards Captain America, which in turn he would have to dodge. He could target Street posts or other street signs, or signs on buildings to drop on Cap. Also he could see Cap coming for him and simply blast the ground beneath, and in front of Cap dropping him into the sewer system.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba
deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyclops could win this, but so could Cap.

They are both master strategists, even Cap himself has said that Cyclops is a better combat technician than him. Cap is a better inspirational leader and a better long term planner but Scott is better at quick strategy.

Also you have to remember the mindset that Scott has now, he is not the noble moral compass he used to be, his mindset is much more logical and whatever it takes now.. While he would not destroy a city to take down Cap, he would for sure destroy walls and the street or whatever.

One of the main issues is Cap's shield, which he can not really afford to throw in this fight because as soon as he does he is going to more than likely get tagged.

Also Cap is a better hand to hand fighter, but not by a lot. If cap was a 10 on the martial arts scale, which he would be, Scott would be about an 8. Not only that but we have seen many many times that just because you are in hand to hand combat does not mean he can not blast you.

I think no matter who wins it would be about 6 to 4. I give the win to Scott though because, honestly, Cap is going to have to close the distance first, it would be too dangerous for him to throw the shield, and if he did Scott is very agile and capable of dodging or just shooting it out of the air.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@CaptainRodgers: No he doesn't. And never mind. It's an irrelevant fact anyway.

CaptainRodgers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By CaptainRodgers

@god_spawn said:

@CaptainRodgers: No he doesn't. And never mind. It's an irrelevant fact anyway.

Yeah he does , I just told you how .

And if you think it was irrelevant why were you debating it with tg in the first place ?

I think it's irrelevant because it's not what wins him the fight but you two were debating who had more experience and I thought i'd make a point on it.

TheBatman586

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By TheBatman586

It depends on how far they start apart. If Cap is near enough, he can just close the gap before Scott can do anything, and KO him.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@CaptainRodgers: And I'm questioning the merit of what you said. I'm talking with Andy about it and if says Cap does then I'll stand corrected.

CaptainRodgers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By CaptainRodgers

@god_spawn said:

@CaptainRodgers: And I'm questioning the merit of what you said. I'm talking with Andy about it and if says Cap does then I'll stand corrected.

Aww , I thought you were straight up ignoring it .

Who's Andy ?

80sBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By 80sBaby

This fght is about as even as they come. It could go either way. My personal bias gives Captain America the slight edge, though. Probably be one of the most exciting battles to watch.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By Ferro Vida
@CitizenBane said:

@Ferro Vida said:

@acer51 said:

Why not?

It's very straight-forward, and Cyke is more then capable of working around it.
TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By TDK_1997

@god_spawn:Ok.I admit,I gave Steve the win because I like him more but I also think he can beat Cyclops.

steelhound56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By steelhound56

Cap takes this.

He's physically superior to Scott in every way, and is the better h2h combatant.

Even if Scott did let loose, Cap has taken far worse blows with his shield and come out any worse for the wear (Thor comes to mind)

Another advantage Cap has is his shield is an offensive weapon as well as defensive. He can ricochet it off of various surfaces to attack at unexpected angles. And if Scott takes his eyes off of Cap for any period of time, he is going to get hurt. Badly.

Steve could potentially take this very quickly if he plays it smart. If he throws his shield to flank Scott and closes in for h2h combat, the fight is effectively over. Scott would have to choose between the shield potentially taking his head off, or letting Cap get in close enough to throw down in h2h combat.

Neither option ends with Scott winning.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@CaptainRodgers: No, I'm not trying to ignore it, I don't want to come across as dismissive and ignorant. I just question the merit of somethings so I try to get a second opinion by someone I know knows the character. Andy is Andy Steven Summers or Andferne. He's an older user here that knows Cap pretty much inside and out.

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By progenitorigin

956ThrowDest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By 956ThrowDest

Cyclops would melt his shield after a long period of time blocking the rays of Cyclops! plus he is also a skilled fighter too! all these mumbo jumbo movie, comic or toon version senario questions are just excuses to be a lil fanboy troll!

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244  Edited By tg1982

@956ThrowDest said:

Cyclops would melt his shield after a long period of time blocking the rays of Cyclops! plus he is also a skilled fighter too! all these mumbo jumbo movie, comic or toon version senario questions are just excuses to be a lil fanboy troll!

Where to begin?

First Cyclops' blast IS NOT HEAT, it is CONCUSSIVE FORCE, so Cyke isn't melting anything, secondly Cap's shield is virtually invulnerable, Hulk's strength, Thor's blasts they couldn't destroy it so even if Cyke's blast were heat he still isn't denting it let alone melting it.

Lastly yes Cyclops is a skilled fighter, but Cap is a better fighter, and stronger, and faster, and more agile, and more durable and has more endurance, Cap is physically superior to Cyclops in every way.

CaptainRodgers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By CaptainRodgers

@godspawn Nah I know , that's cool. Oh right I didn't know him , understandable that you would ask someone you know knows cap

AngelicPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246  Edited By AngelicPhoenix

i may not know much e dun kill me, but both of these cats ell agility and smarts.....i may be wrong but on the human torch did his nova thing and cap ball behind the shield......so a wide blast from cyclops may not work........but if they are at a fair distance clops could just take the ground out and last time i checked fly. but on the other hand, cap throws the shield clops will have to zap it and take his eff cap.....i know cap may not have cap o ring to throw, but i bet would sure chuck a rock and then pummel clops......i mean, clops would zap the shield.....i think?? sorry, just trying stuff*bows to everyone* thank you for being group in whole, you make me feel welcome and can debate in a cool way with out flaming, so thank you.

Avatar image for thewitchinghour
TheWitchingHour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#247  Edited By TheWitchingHour

Scott has a chance to win. It's true that Captain America has better stats than Scott does and he is a better h2h combatant. But Scott hardly relies on his optic blasts alone and can stand his ground against Cap for a little bit. The biggest threat is obviously the shield, it's a better ranged weapon than the optic blasts but unlike Steve, Scott can't truly be disarmed. The shield has been intercepted by opponents before. And I have never been convinced that Cap is smarter than Scott tactically or otherwise. If Scott can separate Cap from his shield then he should be able to get in close quarters long enough to land an optic blast on Cap.

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By tg1982

@TheWitchingHour said:

Scott has a chance to win. It's true that Captain America has better stats than Scott does and he is a better h2h combatant. But Scott hardly relies on his optic blasts alone and can stand his ground against Cap for a little bit. The biggest threat is obviously the shield, it's a better ranged weapon than the optic blasts but unlike Steve, Scott can't truly be disarmed. The shield has been intercepted by opponents before. And I have never been convinced that Cap is smarter than Scott tactically or otherwise. If Scott can separate Cap from his shield then he should be able to get in close quarters long enough to land an optic blast on Cap.

Yes the shield has been intercepted I think twice (that I heard of, maybe more), once by Bullseye and I believe Daredevil(?) They caught it. But Cycke honestly dosen't have the skill or reflexes to do that in my opinion, he could try to blast it out of the air but that poses possible problems as well. Also I don't see Cap throwing his shield unless he has a clear almost garunteed shot at Cycke. Knowing the damage Cyke could do to Cap he'd most likely use it for defenses until he's able to close in and then eventually use the shield "spartan" style.

CaptainRodgers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249  Edited By CaptainRodgers

@TheWitchingHour said:

Cap knows Scott , he's not going to disarm himself unless it's for a guaranteed winning shot , secondly , Scott won't try to get in close quarters , he knows Cap is faster and stronger and he knows Cap has far more hand to hand ability so if he were try to get in close Steve would take him down fast and hard .

Captain America knows Scott's powers , there's nothing Scott can really do to surprise him , and with that shield there's not much he can do to hurt him.

Seen as Scott's beams are rendered moot by Cap's shield his only shot at victory is to try his best in hand to hand , and when he does he'll be taken down with ease , Summers has never impressed me with his hand to hand skill , he's Olympic level at best with mediocre skill level .

Cap is taking this fight for sure.

DrEgonSpengler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250  Edited By DrEgonSpengler

As I said before Cyclops can fire at objects surrounding Cap. He can take out building, or parts of buildings. He can fire at cars busses and signs on the streets or on buildings, in order to make them hit Cap or make him dodge them, so he can use a direct optic blast. And again what is to stop Cyclops from blasting the ground around Captain America so he falls into the sewer system when it collapses?