cyclops concussive eye beam vs supermans heat vision

This topic is locked from further discussion.

spartan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By spartan92

vs 

if they both stood 50ft apart and fired their eye beams at each other at full power who would win ?
PirateKing69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By PirateKing69

Superman and its been done before

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/superman-vs-cyclops-beam-vision-only/386558/

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By Supreme Marvel

I don't know how powerful Cykes beam is.

spartan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By spartan92
@Supreme Marvel: 

The maximum force of Cyclops' optic blasts are unknown, but a commonly given description is that he can "punch holes through mountains", and he has been shown to rupture a half-inch thick carbon steel plate. During a particular battle, Scott says that he hit Cain Marko (a.k.a. the Juggernaut) with enough power to split a small planet in half, though he may have been indulging in hyperbole. In the Age of Apocalypse dimension, his beams can cut through Adamantium, a previously indestructible metal. In the mainstream continuity of the Marvel Universe, it has also been implied that Cyclops only utilizes a fraction of the energies at his disposal. During the Civil War: X-Men story arc, Cyclops is controlled by another mutant to use his powers at their full magnitude. When directed at the energy-absorbing mutant Bishop, Cyclops was able to overload Bishop's powers in a matter of seconds. When Iron Man measured Cyclops's power while he was powering Bishop, he found the energy output was well over 2 gigawatts, larger than a large nuclear reactor. It is also stated that Cyclops does not use his powers at such a level due to the preoccupation he has regarding his control (or lack thereof) of his abilities.

Cyclops is seen fighting The Hulk in World War Hulk: X-Men #1 and in issue #2, where he uses a beam blast to stop the Hulk, refusing to let the Hulk take Professor Xavier. While it peels off some of the Hulk's skin, he was able to walk towards Cyclops and clench his entire face, effectively containing the blast.    

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@Supreme Marvel said:
" I don't know how powerful Cykes beam is. "
Very powerful, but still not powerful enough. It's only concussive force, Supes' heat vision would pierce it.
Theodore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Theodore

I say Supes

Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Power NeXus

This has been done a great many times. Please use the freaking search function next time. 
 Superman wins without any question. 

/thread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By 652

cyclops

AND PLEASE USE SEARCH BAR

spartan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By spartan92
@Power NeXus:
oh okay mate its just i didnt know where to start because of the multiple title options they could of used for this type of battle.
AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

#10  Edited By AssertingValor

Cyclopse beam would push supse heatvision back into his head!
Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Andferne
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#12  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

I can't believe people make threads like this.

The ironic part is, you can get the answer just from the pictures. Superman says it!

@ebuchanan said:

" Cyclopse beam would push supse heatvision back into his head! "
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*tries to get air* huh....huh...... HAH HA HAH HAHAHAHAHAHA!

I... I can't.... I'm.... HAHAHAHA!
karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By karrob

Supes

ninjabot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ninjabot

Cyclops' optic blast putting out power comparable with a lone nuclear power plant is nothing. Superman's heat vision has been compared to the sun's core which is at approximately 13,600,000 Kelvin. Human-made peta-watt lasers have heated materials up to 10,000,000 Kelvin. Terawatts are the measurement used to measure human global energy generation, while Petawatts are used to measure light energy hitting the earth at any given time. Human petawatt (a petawatt is 1 quadrillion watts, or 1,000,000,000,000,000 watts) lasers have been measured to have power outputs thousands of times greater than the ENTIRE energy generation of all U.S. power plants.

Superman stomps.

Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Freefa11
@spartan92: That line about destroying a planet must have been hyperbole. It is completely disproportional to any actual showing I've ever even heard of him having. 2 gigawatts sounds like a lot, and it is as far as powering houses and buildings goes, but in terms of combat, if he maintained the beam for 10 seconds, that's 20 billion joules of total energy, which comes out to  0.00000478 megatons, or about 3,000 times weaker than the old atomic bombs dropped on Japan. 

I've got to say for myself, I generally dislike it when writers try to pull the "he's always been holding back" card on a long running character unless they have a really good justification, especially for intelligent, disciplined, level-headed characters like Cyclops. I imagine the rest of the team finding out about this could be justifiably PO'd about it. 

"Hey guys! Remember all those times we were captured, tortured, or almost killed by people like Magneto, Apocalypse, and Stryfe because they were just too powerful for us to handle? Well, it turns out all those times I was actually only using about 0.000000000000000001% of my full power and could have totally one-shotted them instantly if I'd just gone all out! Isn't that funny guys? Uh, why are you all glaring at me?" 

For that matter, isn't the whole premise of Cyclops' power that he actually can't control it's output very well? That's why he has to wear the visor/glasses all the time, right?
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By spidey 15

No Caption Provided
PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#18  Edited By PowerHerc

Superman toasts Cyclops.
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#19  Edited By Mercy_
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20  Edited By Erik
Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Andferne
@Edamame said:
"blown holes through Onslaught's armor"
He helped crack the armor. He by no means did it alone and by no means blew a hole through the armor.