Cyborg Superman vs Extant

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By King_Saturn
Can Cyborg Superman with Power Rings defeat Extant of the Zero Hour ?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Fantasma Ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Fantasma Ghost

Extant displayed some incredible power levels, in Zero Hour, but I think they are not enough to put down the Cyborg.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By King_Saturn
Fantasma Ghost said:
"Extant displayed some incredible power levels, in Zero Hour, but I think they are not enough to put down the Cyborg."
Hmmm... I am still torn on this battle
spawn_obsessed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By spawn_obsessed

i think extant might win because he could just age cyborg superman so he rusts or something

Push

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Push
spawn_obsessed said:
"i think extant might win because he could just age cyborg superman so he rusts or something"

That makes absolutely no sense, Henshaw doesn't age, and he can control/inhibat any form of machinery/computer. As good as Extant was, he was only second fiddle during Zero Hour to Parallax. Henshaw should win this.
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By the creator
Push said:
"spawn_obsessed said:
"i think extant might win because he could just age cyborg superman so he rusts or something"
That makes absolutely no sense, Henshaw doesn't age, and he can control/inhibat any form of machinery/computer. As good as Extant was, he was only second fiddle during Zero Hour to Parallax. Henshaw should win this."
How does he win ?

Push

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Push
the creator said:
"Push said:
"spawn_obsessed said:
That makes absolutely no sense, Henshaw doesn't age, and he can control/inhibat any form of machinery/computer. As good as Extant was, he was only second fiddle during Zero Hour to Parallax. Henshaw should win this."
How does he win ?"

Worse case scenario, he wins same way Impulse took him down ;-)
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By the creator
Push said:
"the creator said:
"Push said:
"spawn_obsessed said:
How does he win ?"
Worse case scenario, he wins same way Impulse took him down ;-)"
And having been beaten by it once you don't think he would be more prepared for it ?

So Extant, who had the powers of Waverider and the Worlogog, both of which give him extensive ability to travel through and manipulate time could not stop Henshaw ???
Push

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Push
the creator said:
"Push said:
"the creator said:
"Push said:
"spawn_obsessed said:
How does he win ?"
And having been beaten by it once you don't think he would be more prepared for it ?So Extant, who had the powers of Waverider and the Worlogog, both of which give him extensive ability to travel through and manipulate time could not stop Henshaw ???"

Again, didn't stop Bart taking him out, and he's certainly succepatble to being taken out physically! How exactly do yo see Hall taking out Henshaw, if I may ask?
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By the creator
Push said:
"the creator said:
"Push said:
"the creator said:
"Push said:
"spawn_obsessed said:
How does he win ?"
And having been beaten by it once you don't think he would be more prepared for it ?So Extant, who had the powers of Waverider and the Worlogog, both of which give him extensive ability to travel through and manipulate time could not stop Henshaw ???"
Again, didn't stop Bart taking him out, and he's certainly succepatble to being taken out physically! How exactly do yo see Hank taking out Henshaw, if I may ask?"
Freezing him in time.
Travelling back to when Hensahw was a normal human and killing him.
Transporting Henshaw to the end of the time / the universe.
As Extant can see through time, he can see what actions Henshaw will do and prepare for them.

Fantasma Ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Fantasma Ghost
the creator said:
"Push said:
"spawn_obsessed said:
How does he win ?"
CS does have the fastest reaction time, and Extant has to think in what way he is going to use his power, CS could just speed blitz him, or he can take control over Extant's advanced armor. Even if Extant, wanted to freeze time he has to think about it, giving time for CS to use his speed. Also if  Cyborg Superman has the rings, he could travel in time and stop Extant from attacking in an earlier time period, this all possible, Hal Jordan had done it a couple of times and it says so, in the Book of OA:

Time travel is possible with the power ring, though the further forward in time a ring wielder travels, the more willpower it takes. As Green Lantern, Hal Jordan once explored as far as the 70th century. [Justice League Europe #55]

Jordan had also travelled to the 58th century as Pol Manning, a role later adopted by Salakk of Slyggia. [Green Lantern Vol. 2 #51, Green Lantern Corps #214-215]

Extant has had problems with lesser beings than CS, like in Zero Hour 0, Guy Gardner when he was known as Warrior, stalemated Extant.

Of course is possible for Extant, to time travel and have fun killing babies, but I don't think that is what the thread starter had in mind. Then again I could be mistaken. The thing is if you use Characters like Extant, with infinite possibilities for victory, like his powers in theory can produce, they make for one sided battles, in that regard I try to ignore time travel as long as I possibly can, even though that's his main power. I think, Hey!!! time travel is the biggest, prep time available.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By the creator
Fantasma Ghost said:
"the creator said:
"Push said:
"spawn_obsessed said:
How does he win ?"
CS does have the fastest reaction time, and Extant has to think in what way he is going to use his power, CS could just speed blitz him, or he can take control over Extant's advanced armor. Even if Extant, wanted to freeze time he has to think about it, giving time for CS to use his speed. Also if  Cyborg Superman has the rings, he could travel in time and stop Extant from attacking in an earlier time period, this all possible, Hal Jordan had done it a couple of times and it says so, in the Book of OA:

Time travel is possible with the power ring, though the further forward in time a ring wielder travels, the more willpower it takes. As Green Lantern, Hal Jordan once explored as far as the 70th century. [Justice League Europe #55]

Jordan had also travelled to the 58th century as Pol Manning, a role later adopted by Salakk of Slyggia. [Green Lantern Vol. 2 #51, Green Lantern Corps #214-215]

Extant has had problems with lesser beings than CS, like in Zero Hour 0, Guy Gardner when he was known as Warrior, stalemated Extant.

Of course is possible for Extant, to time travel and have fun killing babies, but I don't think that is what the thread starter had in mind. Then again I could be mistaken. The thing is if you use Characters like Extant, with infinite possibilities for victory, like his powers in theory can produce, they make for one sided battles, in that regard I try to ignore time travel as long as I possibly can, even though that's his main power. I think, Hey!!! time travel is the biggest, prep time available.

"
Good points Fantasma.
I did mean about the time travelling back and eliminating Hank before he became Cyborg Superman as that lies within his power to do so and Extant is the kind of person to do so.

Fantasma Ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Fantasma Ghost
the creator said:
"Fantasma Ghost said:
"the creator said:
"Push said:
"spawn_obsessed said:
How does he win ?"

"
Good points Fantasma.I did mean about the time travelling back and eliminating Hank before he became Cyborg Superman as that lies within his power to do so and Extant is the kind of person to do so."
I know, no prob.
spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By spiderbuck1

bumpage.

Does Hank's ability to time travel negate Extant's biggest advantage, and since Henshaw doesn't age, a Chrono blast even work on him? If these two things are true, then CS would win this fight, I suppose.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

bumpage.

Does Hank's ability to time travel negate Extant's biggest advantage, and since Henshaw doesn't age, a Chrono blast even work on him? If these two things are true, then CS would win this fight, I suppose.

Henshaw cannot time-travel and Extant can straight up erase him from existence with the Worlogog.

This is a mismatch.

spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By spiderbuck1

@citizenbane said:

@spiderbuck said:

bumpage.

Henshaw cannot time-travel and Extant can straight up erase him from existence with the Worlogog.

This is a mismatch.

As someone above mentioned, the power ring is capable of time travel as well. Maybe he has not done it, but the equipment he has is certainly capable. I guess Lanterns don't really use this ability for fighting so using it in battles is not legit? Makes sense if so. In which case I agree with Extant owning Henshaw.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Saren

@citizenbane said:

@spiderbuck said:

bumpage.

This is a mismatch.

As someone above mentioned, the power ring is capable of time travel as well. Maybe he has not done it, but the equipment he has is certainly capable.

Dude......one of the books Fantasma Ghost mentioned doesn't even exist, seeing as how Justice League Europe only had 50 issues in its run. I can only assume he/she meant Justice League International #55, where Hal visited the 70th century because Diderot took him there, not because his ring could time-travel. The other two sources are Pre-Crisis.

Someone above mentioning something doesn't make it true.

Shavo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

leaning towards cyborg superman

spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By spiderbuck1

@citizenbane said:

@spiderbuck said:

@citizenbane said:

@spiderbuck said:

bumpage.

This is a mismatch.

As someone above mentioned, the power ring is capable of time travel as well. Maybe he has not done it, but the equipment he has is certainly capable.

Dude......one of the books Fantasma Ghost mentioned doesn't even exist, seeing as how Justice League Europe only had 50 issues in its run. I can only assume he/she meant Justice League International #55, where Hal visited the 70th century because Diderot took him there, not because his ring could time-travel. The other two sources are Pre-Crisis.

Someone above mentioning something doesn't make it true.

I hear ya. I think they may have been referencing Justice League Europe #55.

Jordan had also travelled to the 58th century [Green Lantern Vol. 2 #51, Green Lantern Corps#214-215]

If you say that's bunk too, I'll just go ahead and switch my vote to Extant. Plus it's definitely not something GLs use in combat consistently or at all, so I guess that should be enough to say it's not feasible, at least in battle if at all.

Okay, on second though, Extant wins this.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hear ya. I think they may have been referencing Justice League Europe #55.

.....that was exactly my point. There is no Justice League Europe #55. You cannot reference an issue that does not exist.

Jordan had also travelled to the 58th century [Green Lantern Vol. 2 #51, Green Lantern Corps#214-215]

The first one isn't canon. It takes place way before COIE. Honestly, the second one shouldn't be canon either even though it takes place post-1986 since GLC was just a brief continuation of a Pre-Crisis series that wound up quickly. It's been a while since I read those stories but I'm pretty sure Hal only wound up in the 58th century because he was pulled there by Iona Vane.

It seems pretty obvious to me that Fantasma Ghost was simply copy/pasting a wiki entry without having read the stories he/she was referencing.

If you say that's bunk too, I'll just go ahead and switch my vote to Extant. Plus it's definitely not something GLs use in combat consistently or at all, so I guess that should be enough to say it's not feasible, at least in battle if at all.

Okay, on second that, Extant wins this.

Even allowing that GL's can time-travel under their own power, it doesn't change anything. Matthew Tyler is a more powerful time manipulator than any Lantern, and he needed the entire JSA working together to stop Extant ---- with a good doling of plot as well.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Extant ftw

AdmiralNAkbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By AdmiralNAkbar

Extant is cosmic level, cyborg superman is not.