CURRENT Thing vs CURRENT Colossus

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By renamed040924

The Thing, as he has appeared in recent Marvel stories, vs Colossus in the same way. This is a battle of showings, no handbook BS or anything like that, just feats.

Rules-

CLASSIC FEATS DO COUNT. But both characters have improved in recent years, so we're going by the beginning of 2000 as their normal.

Colossus BEFORE HE TURNED INTO JUGGERNAUT.

Morals OFF

Fight in a Roman colosseum.

NOBODY CARES WHAT THE HANDBOOKS SAY.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#2 god_spawn  Moderator

The Thing wins. The only difference I even see in this thread than the other half a dozen Colossus vs Thing threads is there are no morals, so I shall allow it.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The Thing wins. The only difference I even see in this thread than the other half a dozen Colossus vs Thing threads is there are no morals, so I shall allow it.

I take pleasure in second guessing your decision and asking what @vance_astro thinks

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@laflux: If Vance can find a no morals one, fine. There is not one I know of.

Hyper_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Hyper_God

Current Thing survived an afterwave from a Celestial blast fairly recently . Current Colossus got 2-shotted by Thor very recently . Clearly , Thing wins .

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jashro44

Current colossus is having problems with his powers iirc.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#7  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

@laflux: If Vance can find a no morals one, fine. There is not one I know of.

Just being perfectly honest our search engine for threads is garbage. I doubt i'll find one with morals on if you didn't.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 god_spawn  Moderator
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@jashro44 said:

Current colossus is having problems with his powers iirc.

As long as he wears his magic button, he's fine. He's just regular old Colossus that way.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 vance_astro  Moderator

This is like a 50/50 fight. Neither is much stronger than the other, neither is a much better fighter than the other, neither is more durable, Colossus is probably slightly more intelligent and probably faster but those are also slim margins, it's really hard to say who would win. I don't think either has any real advantage.

Anal_Vomit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Thang but a slim margin

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Current Thing survived an afterwave from a Celestial blast fairly recently . Current Colossus got 2-shotted by Thor very recently . Clearly , Thing wins .

Getting two-shotted by Thor isn't really a low end feat for Colossus.

capall2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Has Thing received a power boost of some sort? Whats the difference between Thing and current thing?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is like a 50/50 fight. Neither is much stronger than the other, neither is a much better fighter than the other, neither is more durable, Colossus is probably slightly more intelligent and probably faster but those are also slim margins, it's really hard to say who would win. I don't think either has any real advantage.

This

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Rickbarry

@hyper_god: What's a celestial afterwave? Is it any different than the celestial beam that hit Colossus in Uncanny? Also, didn't Thor drop Thing when he was amped up in fear itself? I want to say he threw Mjolnir through him effortlessly. So, I don't think using the Thor is a proper comparison. Colossus got hit twice, got up and drove off in a car.

I waver from thread to thread, but without morals I'll go with Colossus. A raging Colossus most always freaks his teammates out as they didn't realize he was capable of being so destructive.

Hyper_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@venomoushatred1001: Based on ?

@rickbarry: Thing jumped directly in front of s blast that was aimed at the rest of the F4 . The blast was deflected in all directions , including Thing's . He tanked in the oncoming energy wave . Completely incomparable with Sinister-Controlled Tiamut that was fighting the X-Tinction team . Not to mention that Colossus was amped in that instance as well , unlike Thing . Thing also held his own against the very same amped Colossus in AvX , and would likely have won were it not for Cyttorak's unstoppable enchantment .

Thing wins without a shadow of a doubt .

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Rickbarry

@hyper_god: I dunno. I'd have to see a scan of this blast. I don't really read current F4. Also, Colossus wasn't amped in the scene. Why is it not usable? He only used the power once he landed. As far as AvX goes...I might be misremembering, but Thing unloaded on him and it didn't do anything. In fact using Colossus with the Juggernaut powers doesn't really work as he held back all the time with the exception of the Rulk fight and the whole Magik revelation.

Meh, I think saying without a shadow of a doubt is being a bit wishy washy. Especially one without morals.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18  Edited By ComicStooge

@vance_astro said:

To go on a space mission like Ben did, you need either two Master's degrees or a PhD, he's smart enough to pilot highly advanced space crafts and he can usually understand Reed's technobable and can even translate it into layman's terms, if he needs to. Not to mention he's been watching Reed for so long, he can even make some of Reed's inventions.

I'd wager Ben Grimm is the smarter of the two or they're at least equal.

venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hyper_god: Based on the fact that Thor is a god with a sh!t load of feats that completely outclass Colossus.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 vance_astro  Moderator

@comicstooge said:

@vance_astro said:

To go on a space mission like Ben did, you need either two Master's degrees or a PhD, he's smart enough to pilot highly advanced space crafts and he can usually understand Reed's technobable and can even translate it into layman's terms, if he needs to. Not to mention he's been watching Reed for so long, he can even make some of Reed's inventions.

I'd wager Ben Grimm is the smarter of the two or they're at least equal.

When I said Colossus is probably "slightly more intelligent" I meant in combat.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 vance_astro  Moderator
@capall2 said:

Has Thing received a power boost of some sort? Whats the difference between Thing and current thing?

The Thing has had several power boosts. I don't know that he's had one that is that recent though.

capall2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vance_astro: hmm...I see...I think you pretty much covered this then...I don't see either with any significant advantage in terms of their physical stats...I could see this going either way...

Hyper_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@venomoushatred1001: The very same god that's been getting KO'd left and right by low level Eternal bricks and random Badoon guns ? Yeah , compared to Thing tanking a Celestial blast unamped , Colossus' two-shot by Thor is indeed a low feat .

Hyper_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rickbarry: I would have provided the scan to you(it's right there in my image archive on comicvine) , but for the fact that I like to encourage people to read comics on their own . Read Fantastic Four #603(Hickman's run) and realize the truth of my words .

Thing smashed his helmet and was taking the fight to him , until Colossus' unstoppable hax enchantment kicked and he managed to bfr Thing outside to the airless area of the Blue Area of the moon .

venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@venomoushatred1001: The very same god that's been getting KO'd left and right by low level Eternal bricks and random Badoon guns ? Yeah , compared to Thing tanking a Celestial blast unamped , Colossus' two-shot by Thor is indeed a low feat .

Every character has low feats plus he holds back on all earthly enemies. He said it himself multiple times. Plus he has recently been written back to his classic levels. Hell, he was shattering planets with his blows, hit Gorr so hard it created a black hole, survived being inside a sun, and held a freakin moon together in Thor: God of Thunder.

Colossus getting two-shotted by Thor is by no means a low end feat because Thor is VASTLY more powerful than him.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By comic_book_fan

@hyper_god:

I agree with this guy.

the thing destroyed 4 kree centurys you know those thing it usually takes a whole avengers roster to beat 1 of.

and he would have learned a lot from reed ben isn't as dumb as he acts he has shown this plenty of times.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just read AVX and Ben got manhandled that whole fight. It was a beat down. This fight is 50/50. neither has much advantage.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty:

he hurt colossus even though he had the juggernaut powers if he didn't have those powers that punch would have probably knocked him out.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty:

he hurt colossus even though he had the juggernaut powers if he didn't have those powers that punch would have probably knocked him out.

That is not true my friend. I LITERALLY have the book in front of me. No where did Colossus express any pain or side effects from anything Ben Grim did. The best thing he did was throw a rock down colossus throat. Thing did NOT hurt Colossus one bit.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

there is a part where ben hits him so hard that his helmet disappears and his head flys back and you clearly see a look of pain on his face.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hyper_god: @comic_book_fan: I really wouldn't count anything that happened in the AvX vs mini. Unless you think Domino could really defeat Red Hulk with a gigantic mallet. If so, then yeah, Thing is capable of beating Juggernaut.

I think both are capable of high durability feats, but I don't think either can really knock the other out. So it's a question of stamina in my mind. Ben gets tired. Colossus doesn't. He would eventually win.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 god_spawn  Moderator

@rickbarry: Rulk KO'd Colossus in 3 hits...just saying. And to be fair to Ben, he doesn't get swamped in minutes. I don't see the fight lasting a few hours, so I doubt stamina will come into play.

Diamondlifer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Colossus wins, He cant get tired

spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going with Ben here.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Rickbarry

@god_spawn: Yeah, but didn't Colossus let him win the fight? I don't remember. I just recall him seeing a bunny rabbit or something so he powered down.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@rickbarry: he did wanna lose. My point was he was still ko d in three punches

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rickbarry:

no I was saying he hurt him while he was amped without the power up ben wins.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Rickbarry

@god_spawn: Sure, I'm with ya, but is Thing confirmed to be stronger than Rulk? I dunno what his knock out power has to do with Ben's.

Also to comic_book_fan. The book also put out this fight an issue later. I disregard it entirely.

No Caption Provided

Hyper_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Hyper_God

@venomoushatred1001: Let's compare Thor to the Celestials that tried to kill the FF . Thor , in those days , was getting KO'd left and right by fodder characters and nameless bricks . The Mad Celestials , on the other hand , fought wielders of alternate Infinity Gauntlets and Ultimate Nullifiers on even grounds . They defeated an amped Galactus . They survived a point-blank shot from a reality-destroying weapon that killed an alternate Beyonder . They managed to neutralize kid Franklin Richards . Etc. etc.

You might find it to be your prerogative to claim that being two-shotted by Thor isn't necessarily a low-end feat for Piotr and in some cases you might be right . Thor has had his share of high-end feats that absolutely shit upon the levels at which bricks like Thing and Colossus normally operate . There is absolutely no comparison however , between being beaten up by Thor and surviving a Celestial kill-shot . Compared to Ben's feat , Piotr's beatdown at the hands of Thor might as well be a low-end showing . See where I am getting at ?

Hyper_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rickbarry: You need to stop comparing the Rulk fight with the Thing fight . One was obviously a humor-oriented fanservice aimed at the Rulk-haters(people who keep complaining how he was able to affect the likes of Dormammu and Uatu) and the other was a serious fight which Colossus ultimately won thanks to Cyttorak's hax enchantment .

Fact is , Ben's latest feats of durability feats(tanking a Celestial blast and being in proximity to the Big Bang in a chrono-displacement field) are far and away better then anything that Piotr has shown as of late . This is Grimm's fight to lose , and this much is an established fact , not up for debate .

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rickbarry:

there is a part where ben hits him so hard that his helmet disappears and his head flys back and you clearly see a look of pain on his face.

Just looked at the comic before I posted. His helmet disappears and his head flys back because Ben is strong enough to move him. but there is no pain in his face. Colossus mouth stays closed. he doesn't let out any sound. no spit or blood is shown. he looks angry and annoyed. not hurt. Those blows would have hurt normal Colossus but it's impossible to say how much.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rickbarry:

well it is possible she has power over probability so she could by pure luck beat rulk.

and yes ben hurt colossus.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hyper_god: Ok, so I actually read the fantastic four issue you're referring to. To say I was unimpressed was an understatement. I'd have to assume these were the weakest Celestials of all time (or worst writing of all time) considering that Sue Storm tanked a trio of blasts from three Celestials AND STILL GOT UP. If Sue Storm can survive a trio of celestial fire while her shield is down...why should I be impressed that Thing tanked it and couldn't stand up afterward? Heck, everyone in the issue took the same blast and were just fine a few panels later.

You should reread the AvX mini then if you want to take it seriously. Colossus wasn't even trying and he hammered Grimm. He inner monologued the entire fight like he did with Spiderman and Rulk. If you want to argue that he could take regular ol' Petey that's fine, but to say he was hurting Colossus when he wasn't even trying as Juggernaut is just not true.

Hyper_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rickbarry: Sue clearly tanked their blasts...even though a few panels earlier the Celestials told her to get out of the way so they could finish off Reed , thereby making clear their intent to not hurt her ? Unlike Ben just straight up survived a clear-cut killshot from one of them ?

Anyways , using this showing to dishonestly lowball the Mad Celestials as the "weakest Celestials of all time" while ignoring everything else they achieved under Hickman's run(staggering Galactus , Mister Franklin , surviving a nuking from an IG wielding Reed , tanking a blast from a UN etc) .

He gained the advantage only thanks to Cyttorak's enchantment . And we haven't even taken into account the fact that Cyttorak himself admitted in the very same series that he had given Colossus more power than Marko had ever received, because of some bullsh1t about how heroes cause a lot of destruction in their wake .

The fact that you have to use a showing in which Ben actually performed competitively against an amped Colossus shows that this is Grimm's fight to lose .

mrtrevorguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I personally think thing wins, but I like colossus more