Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

No Caption Provided

Garnet, Peridot, Amethyst, and Pearl

No Caption Provided

Wolverine and Spidey

Standard Gear, Wolverine has his healing, Peridot has her Limb Attachments and Mech.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

UncleIroh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

This is actually a pretty cool concept for a battle. While I would want the Crystal Gems to win, if Wolverine got a solid stab/slash on one of them, they would just revert into their gems and wouldn't be able to battle unless they forced themselves to regenerate at a faster pace, which, as we know, can end with bad results. I think Garnet could easily go toe-to-toe with or overpower Wolverine or Spidey, though I don't think Spidey would take a direct approach when fighting Garnet, so I'd leave it up to Pearl and Amethyst to take him down. I'm not sure how useful Sugilite could be in this battle, because although she's good as a juggernaut who just smashes stuff, it seems near impossible that she could catch Spider-Man. However, Opal, whose much more nimble, could spell trouble for Spidey with her bow and arrows. If necessary, (though unlikely) Garnet, Amerhyst and Pearl could form Alexandrite, who, although we don't know much about her, could probably destroy the opposing team, seeing as she has the combined power of the three gems or that of their individual fusions. So my final vote is going to the Crystal Gems.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingbumi said:

This is actually a pretty cool concept for a battle. While I would want the Crystal Gems to win, if Wolverine got a solid stab/slash on one of them, they would just revert into their gems and wouldn't be able to battle unless they forced themselves to regenerate at a faster pace, which, as we know, can end with bad results. I think Garnet could easily go toe-to-toe with or overpower Wolverine or Spidey, though I don't think Spidey would take a direct approach when fighting Garnet, so I'd leave it up to Pearl and Amethyst to take him down. I'm not sure how useful Sugilite could be in this battle, because although she's good as a juggernaut who just smashes stuff, it seems near impossible that she could catch Spider-Man. However, Opal, whose much more nimble, could spell trouble for Spidey with her bow and arrows. If necessary, (though unlikely) Garnet, Amerhyst and Pearl could form Alexandrite, who, although we don't know much about her, could probably destroy the opposing team, seeing as she has the combined power of the three gems or that of their individual fusions. So my final vote is going to the Crystal Gems.

There is no Peridot in your post. She is in this fight too lol.

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By cpt_nice

Peridot is pretty useless unless she gets prep, but the Gems can actually take this. Garnet is the strongest one here by far, if Amethyst and Pearl form Opal they have an amazing ranged fighter and current Steven has a shield that neither Logan or Spidey is getting through and he can use to support his team mates (and if everyone is morals on, neither of them is gonna skewer Steven).

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cpt_nice said:

Peridot is pretty useless unless she gets prep, but the Gems can actually take this. Garnet is the strongest one here by far, if Amethyst and Pearl form Opal they have an amazing ranged fighter and current Steven has a shield that neither Logan or Spidey is getting through and he can use to support his team mates (and if everyone is morals on, neither of them is gonna skewer Steven).

Peridot currently has that giant Mech Suit which she used twice to fight pearl in one episode, and the Gems all together the last episode, she also has her arm and leg attachments for the laser attacks and such.

No Caption Provided

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team Crystal Gems FTW

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: I do not consider that suit standard gear for her, but that does make her a lot more useful. Although a serious hit from Spidey might incap it.

Have her limb lasers ever destroyed anything noteworthy?

Shadowmaster91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By cpt_nice

@shadowmaster91: Steven's shield? I actually think it would tank Logan and Spidey. IIRC it tanked a serious explosion and several ton debris falling on it.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cpt_nice said:

@sirfizzwhizz: I do not consider that suit standard gear for her, but that does make her a lot more useful. Although a serious hit from Spidey might incap it.

Have her limb lasers ever destroyed anything noteworthy?

I do, its the only weapon she has currently, and used it twice in the past 4 episodes as well the last season finally one.

@shadowmaster91: @cpt_nice: Also Steven is not in this fight.

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By cpt_nice

@sirfizzwhizz: Why not? He is more part of the team than Peridot and a lot more useful :/

No Caption Provided

Shadowmaster91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@cpt_nice said:

@sirfizzwhizz: Why not? He is more part of the team than Peridot and a lot more useful :/

Im not yet convince the fat kid is useful other than plot device. Like the Gem tasers, and energy fields he magically by passes, or the shield that spawns only when the Gems are faced against a one hit kill attack. Other than that he is a inexperience kid, has no weapons, who is slow as hell, and really only provided the moral center for the team than anything.

So I oped for Peridot instead, because she is awesome and has combat showings.

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By cpt_nice

@sirfizzwhizz: Steven undoubtably has plot armor, because he is not on par with the other gems. But then again, he came A LONG way throughout the series, that is like one of the main focusses of the show. In a team battle he brings way more to the table than Peridot because he adds something different (Garnett can brawl, Opal ranged, Steven for support, Peridot in her robot is just another brawler) and he has experience fighting with the team, while Peridot is a noob.

Also, Steven has some pretty legit feats for being a tiny teenager. And he has combat showings as well.

I do agree Peridot is awesome, outside of Garnet and Connie she is my favorite character on the show. But I actually think that a serious Steven could beat her one on one.

Shadowmaster91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: Peridot without her limb enhancers is weaker than Steven and Steven could pop the bubble gem whenever he wanted. He is not fast, but he can be the sheld of the team.

Dygoboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: complete agreement with ya there.

And Crystal Gems take it with difficulty and a possible casualty.

SMXLR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@shadowmaster91: that is true to me Peridot is a builder not a fighter @cpt_nice:He is the title character after all also there s nothing wrong with "plot armor" . The creator of the show knew what she was doing so it's all good if ask me

UncleIroh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: oh my bad I was going back between tabs and forgot to mention it, but I was originally going to say that I think Peridot could use her limb attachments to gather information on the enemies and form some strategies, but other than that, I think she's kinda useless unless she gets prep time.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@kingbumi said:

@sirfizzwhizz: oh my bad I was going back between tabs and forgot to mention it, but I was originally going to say that I think Peridot could use her limb attachments to gather information on the enemies and form some strategies, but other than that, I think she's kinda useless unless she gets prep time.

She did well with her mech, and limb attachments every time the gems tried to take her down. Nothing useless about her.

Shadowmaster91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: She IS NOT useless. But you need to admit that between Steven and a Peridot with Limb Enhancers, both are pretty even. Peridot is not someone made for fights, she can distract and evade but doesn't know how to fight.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@smxlr8@kingbumi@shadowmaster91 Its amazing what people forget what Peridot can do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzRjRM-fkmQ

Here she shows the ability to run on walls, generate electrical discharges from her body, and literally survive being crushed from a cliff height fall by the drilling machine. She also shows strength to shrug off near a ton of rock on here easy after said fall.

https://youtu.be/tYS4a7uYakU?t=25s

Her blaster blows a easy hole through the thick metal material of this ship she is in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2kjFKDv-3U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8RwZYJS_Wk

In both fights here, we see her with the Mech that she built after being captured, and used in two fights, she has more combat ability than Steven can bring forward.

Shadowmaster91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Shadowmaster91

@sirfizzwhizz: She didn't fought, she was running away. She lacks any spirit for combat. It is too diffictul to imagine her as the fighting type after seeing her running away from everything.

And yes, the mech IS incredible. Include in the rules that she can use her LE and her mech and we leave it like that

SMXLR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz:

In both fights here, we see her with the Mech that she built after being captured, and used in two fights, she has more combat ability than Steven can bring forward.

That is subjective and due to change (maybe) in the follow episodes

Shadowmaster91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team Gem wins

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smxlr8 said:

@sirfizzwhizz:

That is subjective and due to change (maybe) in the follow episodes

True, but for now, I will allow it since she used it more than once and recently.

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Steven has some pretty good feats too:

No Caption Provided

Easily runs laps with 4 heavy tires on him

No Caption Provided

Pushes a big boulder out of the way

Then there are his laser dodge feats, his durability of tanking projectiles and Peridot has no out to his shield, which tanked a spaceship explosion.

SMXLR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: do you have to quote to reply , just asking cause it not needed

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 juiceboks  Moderator

Peter solos, and rather comfortably at that.

Shadowmaster91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Shadowmaster91

@juiceboks: I love Spiderman, but I would like your opinion over this. Why?

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@shadowmaster91 said:

His fighting style utilizes his SS and superior speed in a way that none of the gems can overcome, as they haven't shown exceptional teamwork sufficient to do so. He's stronger than all of them individually(though admittedly Garnet might hit harder), and I'd wager only Garnet would be able to break out of his webbing. He's also smart enough to notice the Gems' gemstones as possible weaknesses, perhaps not at first but surely soon after fighting them.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No one here has a snow ball's chance in hell of tagging Peter.

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowmaster91 said:

His fighting style utilizes his SS and superior speed in a way that none of the gems can overcome, as they haven't shown exceptional teamwork sufficient to do so. He's stronger than all of them individually(though admittedly Garnet might hit harder), and I'd wager only Garnet would be able to break out of his webbing. He's also smart enough to notice the Gems' gemstones as possible weaknesses, perhaps not at first but surely soon after fighting them.

Pearl quite easily kicks a giant boulder in half.

Loading Video...

Amethyst used her whip to throw similar boulders over great distances. Dunno how much that boulder would weigh, but that is easily several tons worth of rock.

Garnet is a good deal above both of them. Plus she has precog, so she can predict Spidey's movements. She'd be a good match for him alone, while the other pile Logan.

No way is Spidey solo-ing.

Shadowmaster91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BrassWhale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: Hey, just a quick aside, I agree that Steven's importance is greatly magnified by the show, but there was a reason the Disrupters and force-fields on the hand ship didn't work on him. The Gems are made of light/energy/magic etc, and do not really have a physical form. Steven, however, does, which is absolutely not what the force fields in the Gem Brig were meant to hold against, nor what the disruptor was meant to work on. It would be like if you got put in vampire jail, and they didn't think of the fact that you could just walk through their super-secure Garlic Room. There is enough Gem in him to make him a little vulnerable though, so you can see that it damages him some.

thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cpt_nice:

Pearl quite easily kicks a giant boulder in half.

Amethyst used her whip to throw similar boulders over great distances. Dunno how much that boulder would weigh, but that is easily several tons worth of rock.

Nothing here Peter couldn't replicate and easily surpassed, neither Amy or Pearl has any feats to suggest they'd be able to lay a finger on Peter let alone actually hit him.

Garnet is a good deal above both of them. Plus she has precog, so she can predict Spidey's movements. She'd be a good match for him alone, while the other pile Logan.

Considering her battle against Jasper, how she was taking most of the hits, Garnet's precog isn't all that impressive in combat.

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Garnet hits Spidey once, he is ko'ed.

No Caption Provided

thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cpt_nice said:

If Garnet hits Spidey once, he is ko'ed.

No Caption Provided

Therein where the problem lies, she's not gonna.

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By cpt_nice

@thatguywithheadphones:

When has Peter casually kicked massive rocks propelled at him in half?

Garnet has shown way better speed in other battles, when fighting against Jasper (in their second fight) she wanted to prove she could beat her by using brute strength. She even sang about it, lol.

UncleIroh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By UncleIroh

@shadowmaster91: @sirfizzwhizz: I do think that Steven's shield could tank both Logan and Spidey, but in the prompt for the battle, you only named Pearl, Garnet, Amerhyst and Peridot, so I assumed Steven wasn't going to be a part of the battle.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gonna give it to gems. Too strong and better skilled

Cor_Tsar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Garnet takes on Spidey, pre-cog, plus durability and striking power makes for a great match up against Spider-sense, aerial maneuverability, and better agility. Skill wise with way of the spider and Garnet's natural skill they're pretty even. Peridot can help out since imo Opal can take out Wolverine after a decent battle. If SPidey still somehow manages to avoid Garnet (doubtful, Garnet figure's out patterns on the fly in battle, and her pre-cog helps in that fact) Opal can join in and destroy Spider-man.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cpt_nice:

Considering her battle against Jasper, how she was taking most of the hits, Garnet's precog isn't all that impressive in combat.

Well to be fair, Peter for all his Spider Sense gets tagged by his rogues, including the slowest one like Rhino. So.....

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

And I thought I made some weird a** battles...

Kai_Aurelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peter solos this, get real guys.

Avatar image for heraldofganthet
HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz:

Something tells me I should start watching this show if people are pitting its characters against Marvel Comics' 2 most established (read: popular) characters...

Shadowmaster91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heraldofganthet: The problem is that it has CHILDREN comedy, but also has a lot of drama, action, tears, etc. I suggest you to read the plots in wikipedia.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh the SU lowballing is real. The Gems win, unless Peridot is without her equipment in which case she's just a liability.