Could Nolans Batman defeat the entire U.S Military with prep?

Avatar image for jaylim101studios
Jaylim101studios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Could Nolans Batman defeat the entire U.S Military with prep? (45 votes)

Yes 22%
No 78%
 • 
Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Hell no. He couldn't even beat a competent SWAT member IMHO.

Avatar image for the_caped_crusader
The_Caped_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually, I don't think he can.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely not. Not even close.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Wolfrazer  Online

You know these kinds of threads baffle me, because I'm not seeing how a single person is gonna be defeating an entire organization that would

1. Have competent men

2. Their own Intelligence gathering system, unless said person is ridiculously smart to the point of absurdity, the Intelligence should be able to keep up with said person if not pass them considering it would be more than 1 guy.

3. Having an abundance of resources that outshine the one man, sorry...but even with prep I don't see how a single guy is gonna be ready for whatever an organization has at their disposal.

This barring of course said character is allowed to get some ridiculous help or item.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Completely depends on his morals.

Hell no. He couldn't even beat a competent SWAT member IMHO.

You must have not seen The Dark Knight.

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, by virtue of being a version of Batman.

Jaylim101studios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: You can't underestimate Batman because he's a one man army. This guy were talking about takes on SUPER HUMANS, terrorists: Bane for example, top criminals: Joker. Mercenaries too and he always has a plan and SUCCEEDS and what makes him more badass is that he doesn't have superpowers or any supernatural abilities.

DSTREET45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. I don't remember Nolan Batman having any outstanding prep feats.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@rbt: You must have not have seen me say "competent". Those fools were screaming "stop or we'll shoot" over and over and did nothing. One even got the drop on Batman and instead of shooting him, he ran up to him and tried to hit him with his gun.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By RBT

@allstarsuperman said:

@rbt: You must have not have seen me say "competent". Those fools were screaming "stop or we'll shoot" over and over and did nothing. One even got the drop on Batman and instead of shooting him, he ran up to him and tried to hit him with his gun.

You do know that's exactly how a real SWAT officer operates, right? Despite what you have seen in "movies" they really don't go in guns blazing and doing back flips.

EDIT- Anyway, Bats vs SWAT in TDK was one of best tactical fighting I've seen in live action.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Batman stands a good chance. He could create another cell phone virus so he'll know every time they get the drop on him. If he access to Lucious it could be easier.

Keenko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

@wolfrazer: You can't underestimate Batman because he's a one man army. This guy were talking about takes on SUPER HUMANS, terrorists: Bane for example, top criminals: Joker. Mercenaries too and he always has a plan and SUCCEEDS and what makes him more badass is that he doesn't have superpowers or any supernatural abilities.

This post reminds me of 2012.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What?! Hell no. He probably couldn't beat the entire Gotham police department with prep.

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heyl naw. That would be a challenge for even comic batman when he's actually facing well, competent people.

GothamCiti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. I don't remember Nolan Batman having any outstanding prep feats.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@rbt: Yes screaming at your target to stop, but then never doing anything to actually stop him. Very tactical indeed.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yes

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By RBT

@rbt: Yes screaming at your target to stop, but then never doing anything to actually stop him. Very tactical indeed.

I was actually talking about Bruce's strategy.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@rbt: tactically taking down a group of fools is a lot less impressive then tactically taking down a well trained and coordinated team.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Batman couldn't stop Bane and his guys alone with prep. This is a mismatch and should be locked.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Wolfrazer  Online

@jaylim101studios: Except this isn't comic Batman, it's movie Batman who is a tad more realistic and isn't some uber person.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonez120 said:

Definitely not. Not even close.

Jaylim101studios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Jaylim101studios

wolfrazer:

The only reason i put the Nolan Batman here is because i'm pretty sure the comic Batman could take this. In my opinion, I don't honestly know how it would go the U.S army is trained team consisting of ELITE warriors. But at the same time he could probably whip up some high tech armor to take them on. I'm pretty sure MCU Tony Stark could take this but unlike him, they didn't do a good job on making him seem like his comic book adaption.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman has prep. 'nuff said.

No. He can't.

Batmanx2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In a realistic way. He would require emp , better upgraded tumbler that is bullet proof and explosive proof and be similar to Arkham knight Verison, better suit that is faster and more protective and not to mention rubber bullets and non lethal explosive

KingTPhil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By KingTPhil

Absolutely no chance.

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#27  Edited By tg1982

He wouldn't be able to beat any single branch of the United States military, let alone the entirety of it.

Avatar image for eliahparichitha
EliahParichitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even Comic Bats would loose.

ThePeaceweapon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ThePeaceweapon

Comic bats wins easily.

Bats commissions state of the art new weaponry using alien tech or something, sells it to the military as Bruce Wayne, guns have gass or electricity or some other way to incapacitate soldiers.

He invades their command structure and the the American government with a robot Bruce.

Manipulates the remaining soldiers into turning on their command structure in fear.

The rest he cleans up with superman and/or batman robots.

It was all robot Bruce's fault, this was an alien invasion, real Bruce is cleared of blame.

Do you guys even read batman comics?

I'm pretty sure even Nolan's bats could do this before he bankrupted the company.

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

Not. Even. Slightly. Why would anyone vote yes. WHY?

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People on comic vine really underestimate an army that hasn't lost a single war

SolarPowered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman had to take each of those SWAT members out one by one because he knew that if they were all alerted of his presence, he'd be dead.

If an entire battalion of the U.S. Army showed up at Wayne Manor, he'd be screwed.

@depinhom said:

We had to retreat from Vietnam. Depends on whether you consider that a loss.

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman had to take each of those SWAT members out one by one because he knew that if they were all alerted of his presence, he'd be dead.

If an entire battalion of the U.S. Army showed up at Wayne Manor, he'd be screwed.

@depinhom said:

I knew someone would bring that up . . . We did not meet the goal (stopping Communism) but physically, we won . . . In terms of firearms and soldier we were better

They could easily be Batman . . . It's not even sort of a question

SolarPowered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@depinhom said:
@solarpowered said:

@depinhom said:

I knew someone would bring that up . . . We did not meet the goal (stopping Communism) but physically, we won . . . In terms of firearms and soldier we were better

We won because our technology was infinitely superior to theirs. They didn't even have bomber planes, yet they still caused more problems for us than any other military in history (save the British, & debatably the Germans).

Why do you think we couldn't stop Communism? We couldn't break their resolve, no matter how much we bombed them, they still rallied and killed thousands of our troops. We certainly didn't lose, but we didn't really win either. We couldn't make them surrender and we couldn't kill enough of them that they weren't a threat anymore.

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@depinhom said:
@solarpowered said:

@depinhom said:

We won because our technology was infinitely superior to theirs. They didn't even have bomber planes, yet they still caused more problems for us than any other military in history (save the British, & debatably the Germans).

Why do you think we couldn't stop Communism? We couldn't break their resolve, no matter how much we bombed them, they still rallied and killed thousands of our troops. We certainly didn't lose, but we didn't really win either. We couldn't make them surrender and we couldn't kill enough of them that they weren't a threat anymore.

I agree, I'm just saying, Batman is no problem for the world's greatest army . . . If he is, we have a HUGE problem on our hands and I do not want to live in this country anymore