Constantine goes on a Vampire hunt!

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By Strider1992

After some deliberation Constantine comes to the conclusion the world would be a much better place without those pesky Vamps so he embarks on a crusade to rid the world of them!

John Constantine:

No Caption Provided
  • Morals On
  • Prep or No Prep is specified per challenge
  • What John has access to is specified per challenge
  • Hellblazer and New-52 feats are allowed

Challenges:

1. Vampires can't be mutants: Upon hearing that one of the X-men (Jubilee) is now a vampire John goes to take care of her. Her team-mates of course are totally not cool with this and want to protect her from the nasty English magician. Constantine has 5 days to look over plans of the "Jean Grey School For Mutants" but is only allowed 1 of those days to perform any kind of magic. The other 4 days are simply strategizing and reading info on the mutants. Because he's a nice sort of chap John does not want to hurt any of the other mutants only incapacitate them or KO. Jubilee is the only one he's prepared to kill. The mutants guarding the school are Kitty Pryde, Wolverine, Storm, Gambit and Magneto all of them are current versions. The mutants are aware that Jubilee is in danger however they are unaware of who it is and when exactly he intends to strike.
  2. Unkillable? Yeah right!: Constantine then travels to Mystic Falls (The Vampire Diaries) his target? The family of originals that has set up shop there. His targets are Elijah, Rebekah, Cole, Finn and Kol. Unfortunately for John his presence in the town doesn't go unnoticed and before he knows it the vamps are onto him. He enters a house knowing that they cannot enter without someone inviting them in. The Vampires thinking they have him cornered give John 2 hours to come out or they burn the house down. However what they do not know is that ol'Johnny is packing wood (hah!), white wooden stakes to be exact. John now has two hours to set traps around the house he is in so he can stake the 5 originals. As soon as he is done much to the surprise of the originals he invites them in! Can kill them all?
  3. Forgot one......Bollocks: After killing the Originals Constantine decides its time to leave however he is captured by Klaus who unfortunately wasn't with his siblings at the time. Klaus is understandably pretty pissed that John has murdered his family but because of this he decides he wants to make John suffer for it so rather than kill him he takes him prisoner. John is tied to a chair and Klaus is debating when and how to kill him. Unbeknownst to Klaus John has a small piece of broken glass in his pocket. That he is using to cut through his restraints however it is going to take a long time to cut through. 24 hours to be exact. Can John use all his wits and cunning to talk the hybrid out of killing him for 24 hours despite the fact he murdered his family?
  4. Anything you can do I can do better: Constantine comes across Blade one night on one of his drinking binges. Initially the two get a talking and end up making a bet. Who can kill the most vampires. Blade finds two buildings roughly the same size and area with roughly the same amount of bog-standard newbie vamps in them. Both of them have 1 day of prep. Whoever kills all the vampires in their buildings the fastest wins! (Blowing up said building is not allowed!)
  5. Com'ere you sparkly bugger!: John then makes his way to Forks (i'm sure you can see where this is going). After stalking Edward for 4 days almost getting caught once due to him almost bursting out laughing when he finds out Edward sparkles in sunshine he decides to act. During that time he hasn't prepped just gathered intel as Edward is rarely alone. Finally Edward leaves to go and hunt bunnies. John has 1 hour to prep with the intel he's gathered before going out to face Sir-Shinesalot.
  6. Get out of my town: After returning to London John finds himself in the same situation as was portrayed in Hellsing OVA VI with the whole Millennium army of Nazi Vampires tearing up the place. Quickly making his way to his lair he then proceeds to grabs as many weapons and artifacts as possible before returning to the front line to aid the Hellsing organization who are barricaded in the houses of parliament. Constantine is given full control of whatever soldiers remain of Hellsing. Jonh must use all his skill and strategies to keep the Vampire army at bay for 24 hours until Alucard gets back.
  7. Bloody Hell: Upon realizing that Alucard is infact a Vampire Constantine is not best pleased and decides to put an end to him. Alucard is as he was when he fought Anderson. Constantine has Helena's nail. Can he succeed where Anderson failed?
  8. Bonus Round: After his escapade in Mystic falls John has attracted the attention of the Witch coven including the Bennett Witch. To win John must beat all 13 of them in succession in a magical duel. John has no prep for this round.

Can John take every round?

No Caption Provided

XxGin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

yep..

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is an interesting thread.

I think John's biggest problem might be round 1. He's an ace at using prep to defeat big magical or demonic foes, but raw power guys like the X-men who don't really rely on magic or demons to do their stuff pose a huge problem. But, hell, with 5 days prep he'd probably find a way to magically suppress the X-gene and stroll right in and clean up.

I dunno, there's just so many factors involved I have no clue how to gauge it. I want to say Constantine can clear it but it's sketchy and I'm sure plenty of people could make an argument against me for a few of these.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 2

I don't know enough about John but simply stalking him wouldn't inform him of Edward's TP, would it? Not to mention he wouldn't know the way to kill him for sure. Edward isn't going to kill him so what's stopping Edward from just running away?

Perpetr8rMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know much about Constantine, but does he possess Raw strength and Speed? Like Superhuman levels?

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Dredeuced

@perpetr8rmike: No superhuman physicals. His most prominent tool is something called the Synchronicity Wave, which effectively allows John to make his own luck, which is why he always kind of stumbles into the right solution or find the right ally at the right time to come away victorious.

Perpetr8rMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dredeuced: Ah ok.
---------------------------------------------------
I still think this is damn near spite. John just happens to be in possession of the very specific objects required to kill these characters.
Round 1: He is fighting people all used to fighting magic. Has someone forgotten who Magik is? Kitty Pryde can phase through him. Magneto can pin him to the wall using the iron in his blood, Wolverine can slice him into tiny bits. Gambit can charge anything he touches, and storm can literally throw lightning bolts. So unless John can somehow negate their powers, he is done. Magic to my knowledge has not been used to negate powers.

Round 2: How exactly did he learn about the white oak stakes? They are very rare even within their universe and he just happens to have 5 of them? And if he stakes one that stake is destroyed, he would need to fish out another which given the speed of the Originals would likely end in his death. So unless he knows a spell that stops time he is gonna die.

Round 3: Klaus is just as fast as the originals and is considered to be more powerful. John may win this but again unless he can slow or stop time, or find a way to specifically stop Klaus I say its 50/50

Round 4: I don't know or care (You didn't say movie or comic to be honest)

Round 5: Edward is a Telepath, can hear every though John is thinking and John would have no means of knowing this. Edward could then outfight John due to his own planning being on his mind and allowing Edward a heads up. Edward is also faster and stronger then most vampires in fiction being immune to anything but the strength of a being on his level of strength and if he is cause in something like a large bomb explosion. So unless John can fire heat vision out of his eyes this is unlikely.

Round 6: This is eh as the monsters attacking the Hellsing building where Ghouls, not Vampires, in fact only two where. So an Army of them I might have to give to them just out of pure numbers. Now if you meant Ghouls then I will say John.

Round 7: and again he simply has this item on hand? This without even the excuse of prep? Alucard wins, sheerly due to his mastery of his ability, the range it gives him and his damn near impossible to kill status. Even the Nail didn't instant kill him. And there is no proof John's regeneration or Demon blood would allow him Anderson's access to the nail. His demon blood might kill him if he tries the nail to the heart trick.

Round 8: No idea, don't follow the witches bit.

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

@perpetr8rmike: No superhuman physicals. His most prominent tool is something called the Synchronicity Wave, which effectively allows John to make his own luck, which is why he always kind of stumbles into the right solution or find the right ally at the right time to come away victorious.

Similar to Long Shot?

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, John has literally outsmarted The First of the Fallen and demons of way higher powergrades than anyone here. It's quite possible John could dupe them and kill the target he wants to kill. That's why I said it was so hard to determine -- there's so many variables and it'd take a writer's wit to figure out the scenarios in which John tricks everyone and succeeds.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Dredeuced

@overlordarhas: Massively superior to Long Shot. Constantine is the trickiest, luckiest being in comics.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#11  Edited By Strider1992
@dredeuced said:

@overlordarhas: Massively superior to Long Shot. Constantine is the trickiest, luckiest being in comics.

Quite a lot of it is simply his cunning nature I would add though. Tricking the Presence is luck/PIS but quite a lot of the time he is just very resourceful.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strider92: I did say trickiest. But Long Shot has never pulled of the obscene things that Constatine has, even if you account for Constantine's cleverness.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@strider92: If you want a round two I can suggest a fun British anime/manga vampire

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

BB

James_Lockart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Perpetr8rMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Perpetr8rMike

@billy_batson: whats this suppose to mean? Most of these vampires wouldn't go for the kill by biting him. They would use their speed and strength and speedblitz him.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#17  Edited By Billy Batson
XxGin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By XxGin

@perpetr8rmike:

@perpetr8rmike said:

@billy_batson: whats this suppose to mean? Most of these vampires wouldn't go for the kill by biting him. They would use their speed and strength and speedblitz him.

Constantine would trick his opponents into thinking that his losing but in the end he will always get the last laugh.

XxGin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xanni15:

@xanni15 said:

I don't know enough about John but simply stalking him wouldn't inform him of Edward's TP, would it? Not to mention he wouldn't know the way to kill him for sure. Edward isn't going to kill him so what's stopping Edward from just running away?

Constantine wouldn't let anyone get away he would have planned for it long ago.

Perpetr8rMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xxgin: So your argument is basically 'Shut up he would just win' that's not a valid argument here. Please do better.

XxGin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perpetr8rmike:

@xxgin: So your argument is basically 'Shut up he would just win' that's not a valid argument here. Please do better.

There are multitudes of ways of how Constantine would prep he could even eat a lot of onions or to summon demons to aid him countless ways. Do you really expect me to make a list of ways on how Constantine would kill the vampires? Because I can't for I can never ever think like Constantine his plans will be better than mine. Constantine has dealt with enemies way scarier and more powerful than vampires. Even if the vampires manage to kill Constantine he will find his way out of hell with a more evil and tricky plan. Constantine tricked devils what are vampires going to do?

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alucard shoots him and eats his corpse

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@nerx said:

Alucard shoots him and eats his corpse

He'd get poisoned by the blood of the corpse.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge: Get baskervilles to do it instead, how does a vampire king in that book match to alucard?

In comparison of comic to anime manga there are very few vampires that can be compared without being called weaksauce. The protagonist in I Vampire is a good contender, but Mandrakk is a great example of super strong comic vampire. The rest is pathethic.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ComicStooge

@nerx said:

@comicstooge: Get baskervilles to do it instead, how does a vampire king in that book match to alucard?

In comparison of comic to anime manga there are very few vampires that can be compared without being called weaksauce. The protagonist in I Vampire is a good contender, but Mandrakk is a great example of super strong comic vampire. The rest is pathethic.

John is ridiculously crafty and smart, he also knows pretty much everything there is to know about vampires. Without prep, he's outsmarted some ridiculously powerful demons and done some other crazy things.

Not to mention all the artifacts he has:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge:

John is ridiculously crafty and smart, he also knows pretty much everything there is to know about vampires. Without prep, he's outsmarted some ridiculously powerful demons and done some other crazy things.

Vampires are different in every work of fiction, try garlic against alucard and he will die. Also is he a bullet-timer?

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerx said:

@comicstooge:

Vampires are different in every work of fiction, try garlic against alucard and he will die. Also is he a bullet-timer?

No, but he doesn't need to be. That's the point of his prep, he can find things out about Alducard and protect himself from things such as speed blitz.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

This will end the same way his first meeting with the king of Vampires did.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By beatboks1

@nerx said:

@comicstooge:

As you'll see from the scans in my above post DC/Vertigo vampires ( the ones that John has beaten time and again) aren't affected by Garlic, wooden Stakes, holy water, crucifixes etc. They are pretty much the MOST durable vampires in any fiction. He can defeat them so he won't have a problem with those of any other fiction.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Nerx

@beatboks1:

They are pretty much the MOST durable vampires in any fiction.

Pretty bold statement. Caine in WoD, Andrew Bennett or Mandrakk would like to have a word with them. Pretty sub-standard in Hellsing-verse, yet he only said his words in the dark. Al rode an open plane in broad day across the atlantic ocean while wearing a cross on his neck.

Edit:

just because they are written better does not mean that they win fights

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By beatboks1

@nerx said:

@beatboks1:

They are pretty much the MOST durable vampires in any fiction.

Pretty bold statement. Caine in WoD, Andrew Bennett or Mandrakk would like to have a word with them. Pretty sub-standard in Hellsing-verse, yet he only said his words in the dark. Al rode an open plane in broad day across the atlantic ocean while wearing a cross on his neck.

Edit:

just because they are written better does not mean that they win fights

Is this statement serious??? I mean to question my statement you offer two more DC.Vertigo Vampires who are proof to my cause ( Andrew Bennett and Mandrakk) and the very character that the King of Vampires ( the character in my scans) was based on in Caine. KOV is the father of all dark creatures in Vertigo ( Vampire and werewolf alike) and was also referred to as the first betrayer, and as the one who killed the first man.

Most of the Vamp's Johnny has faced don't get hurt by sunlight all that much either. As stated her one of the Vampires who stayed out after dawn ( this was about 18 issues after the other scans I gave) got "sunburned'

KOV killer of the first man.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

He went on to say how he had survived so many dead worlds before earth.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beatboks1: What about 'offensive' feats, mandrakk had that heat of a trillion suns thing and andrew can insta-gib. Did Constantine talk him into lulling his guard down?

Not bible caine, World of Darkness cain in which game mechanics says 'you lose'

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By beatboks1

@nerx said:

@beatboks1: What about 'offensive' feats, mandrakk had that heat of a trillion suns thing and andrew can insta-gib. Did Constantine talk him into lulling his guard down?

Not bible caine, World of Darkness cain in which game mechanics says 'you lose'

????? I made a statement that Vertigo (and by extension DC) Vampires are about the most durable in fiction and you respond by listing two more of them ( which both Madrakk and Andrew Bennett are) as examples of more durable?????

My whole point is how is that a counter argument of the statement I made, it actually re-enforces it because you've just listed two more incredibly durable vampires who are part of the Lore i was referring to.

I was well aware of who you meant World of Darkness Caine was meant to be the "biblical" Caine and "father of the Vampires" just like King of Vampires was meant to be.

If Constantine wanted to talk someone into having their guard down he certainly could. he talked the Almighty into giving him what he wanted, tricked the leader of the angelic host into doing his bidding, tricked the lord of Hell not once but 5 times and tricked his equal hell lords to boot.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Nerx

@beatboks1:

Only one of their vampire is above the rest Mandrakk, but since he uses plot it is arguable against cain from WoD though. In terms of bennet there are others above him.

the setting only gives him the nail, in the battle in which he is put in the battle with Alucard. No prep mentioned, and one bullet can solve the problem. Unless Constantine is a bullet-timer, (does he have feats like that?)

No prep and limited to that ONE item.

But power wise WoD and KoV cain is different

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerx: Then why mention them as examples at all. I know of no other fiction where NONE of the classic "was to kill a Vampire" work at all. Also since KOV has survived planetary destruction that puts his durability beyond any other I've seen.

John had No prep when he talked the Presence into his way of things. No prep when he prevented the First of the Fallen from taking the soul of his friend and causing him great pain, No prep in dozens and dozens of other hell lord defeats. John's known as a prep master because he prep's for rainy days. When shit hit's the fan he pulls out some thing he had up his sleeve for a rainy day that he prepped several years ago on some off chance this very event might someday take place. It also doesn't say "limited" it just says he has it not that it's ALL he has.

As for bullet time, why the hell would he, I can recall when he had about six thugs with guns aimed at him, he simply made them see him somewhere else and aim at each other. When they pulled the triggers no more threat.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Nerx

@beatboks1: He outlasted planets, from what I got from your scans.

How good are his reactions though? I mean, since he can be shot from the get go.

Alucard is not 'six thugs'

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

He's not getting past Alucard that is all I can say for sure...

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerx:

He outlasted planets, from what I got from your scans.

He's outlasted planets being engulfed by their cooling suns, do you not call that destruction??

How good are his reactions though? I mean, since he can be shot from the get go.

He's a freaking telepath and a clairvoyant. His reactions can be as crap as the oldest man in an aged home since he can react before something is even done

Alucard is not 'six thugs'

Neither are the Presence, First of the Fallen, Second of the fallen and Third Gabriel, Cain, all of whome Johnny's Jedi mind tricks have worked on.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#40  Edited By TDK_1997

I can see him getting through each round.In some of them he is going to have big trouble but he will get past them.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beatboks1:

He's a freaking telepath and a clairvoyant. His reactions can be as crap as the oldest man in an aged home since he can react before something is even done

So Al fires a bullet before he talks it is a win then

Neither are the Presence, First of the Fallen, Second of the fallen and Third Gabriel, Cain, all of whome Johnny's Jedi mind tricks have worked on.

Are plot shields part of his character like the Doctor? does he have to speak or do gestures for this?

Agreed

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By beatboks1

@nerx said:

@beatboks1:

So Al fires a bullet before he talks it is a win then

Are plot shields part of his character like the Doctor? does he have to speak or do gestures for this?

@omgomgwtfwtf said:

Agreed

John doesn't need to talk, gesture or any other such thing. If he Telepathically knows that a shot is about to be fired at him he can TP make himself appear somewhere else. He's handed pieces of paper in lue of money and pass ports and other more important things and people just accept it. Even high level people. he made another being have the very "stench" of his soul to such a degree that when that person offered his soul in exchange for the freedom of another the demon willingly took it knowing it's reward would be incredible from the first of the fallen when he handed over the soul of John Constantine. Even the FOF was fooled for a brief time. The demon instead of being rewarded was punished with the torment FOF had planned for for John.

The thing with Johnny boy is his TP usually allows him to know what motivates people and drives them and then whether through TP, illusion, what ever he manipulates them to his ends.

Finally there is the simple fact that( As Billy Batson posted the scans for) John's blood is half demon blood and any vampire who bites him is in pain for the experience.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beatboks1:

Oh in that case, he either gets shot by random bullets from his familiars, by a homing bullet from a familiar (winkle), eaten by a dog (which may take damage due to demon blood) or get shanked by the army.

Can he put 'suggestions' inside people's heads like MM or Xavier?

Al can use a proxy to bite him

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerx said:

@beatboks1:

Oh in that case, he either gets shot by random bullets from his familiars, by a homing bullet from a familiar (winkle), eaten by a dog (which may take damage due to demon blood) or get shanked by the army.

Can he put 'suggestions' inside people's heads like MM or Xavier?

Al can use a proxy to bite him

His demon blood does give him a healing factor plus it retards his aging ( there was mention of it making him immortal once but I'm reasonably sure that's been since retconned away.

He can but he usually uses a mixture of TP and magical illusions. he does after all normally fight and defeat high level hell lords ( Mephisto level etc)

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beatboks1:

So he has immortality via longevity, nice power.

In that case the fight is decided on the quick of the draw, J with TP or AL with that gun

KALADAR007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aint touching the Originals