Conan the Barbarian vs New 52 Batman Sword Fight!

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Pokergeist

Conan has a Sword.

No Caption Provided

Batman has a Sword.

No Caption Provided

Both are in character.

Random Fight.

Battle in a Gladiator Ring.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No one?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does batman have to use the sword or is he allowed to drop it and just use his bare hands? And are you limiting batman to just his new 52 feats (I ask because batman wasn't affected by the flashpoint)? I don't even know if batman has used a sword in the new 52.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

Does batman have to use the sword or is he allowed to drop it and just use his bare hands? And are you limiting batman to just his new 52 feats (I ask because batman wasn't affected by the flashpoint)? I don't even know if batman has used a sword in the new 52.

He can drop the sword if he really wants to. I believe he trained in it according to New 52. I could be wrong.

We are using New 52 and Pre Flashpoint feats.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

He can drop the sword if he really wants to. I believe he trained in it according to New 52. I could be wrong.

We are using New 52 and Pre Flashpoint feats.

Batman doesn't have a lot of sword fighting feats. He has defeated Ras in a sword fight but thats the main feat that comes to mind. He could still win depending on if conan has the speed to keep up.

The_PAIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A Katana VS Bastard or Broad Sword.

Batman cannot lock sword as it will ruin his Katana. Best thing is to parry, dodge and counter.

Having said that, Batman has a slim chance.

CrouchingTiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By CrouchingTiger

Morals on, batman won't kill him obviously, that being said, Conan's lack of armor hurts him against the katana. Batman doesn't have armor either, but his katana is a quicker, longer sword. And he is also more agile if I'm not mistaken. Give it to bats

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

antiwhipped

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By antiwhipped

Conan specializes in these kinds of weapons and combat. Batman not so much. Conan.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Conan takes majority.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Onemoreposter

Ok. So both are in character which means Batman will hold back and avoid all killing strikes. Conan on the other hand is going straight for the kill, he holds back nothing.

• Morals on Advantage: Conan

Both are experienced in many forms of combat and both are well seasoned. However, Conan specializes in this weapon. He lives by it. When it comes to the offensive this is something Conan does all day everyday.

• Sword Play Advantage: Conan

When it comes to physical power both are impressive and have large feats of strength. However, both are regular men and Batman has explicitly been list as "peak" human who trained to the point of an Olympic athlete in all aspects. We've seen him lift over a ton bench press style and seen him lift several hundred lb over his head standing up straight. Also, Batman was trained to be a ninja. Agility and speed is what he relies on every night. He's so quick and agile that he can go up against men with guns head on (which he's done in almost every incarnation of the character). As for longevity and endurance Batman spends entire nights swing and running over rooftops. He spends days at a time alert and working and on guard, often forgetting to eat. If this is a battle of attrition, Batman is going to outlast Conan.

• Physicality Advantage: Batman (Conan might be as strong or stronger than Batman, however I've never seen anything to suggest this. Regardless the difference is minimal and in all other athletic aspects Batman outclasses Conan)

As for experience and training, Conan has the advantage. In character means this is new 52 Batman and that means Batman has only about 10-15 years experience including his training. He's only been "Batmanning" for 5. Conan has been battling and killing men for longer. However, Batman has a much broader range of battle experience. He's gone up against freeze rays, aliens, swords, knives, guns, and flying f***ing man-bats. He's seen more diversity (and on a regular basis) in his short time than Conan ever will. Conan's been battling foes for longer, but Batman is ready for battle scenarios Conan has never dreamed of and knows techniques that haven't even been invented in Conan's time

• Experience Advantage: Draw
  • Training Advantage: Batman

This will be a good battle and Conan will be about as deadly as any opponent we've ever seen Batman face. However, Batman is a character who's kicked through steel and beaten super powered monsters hand to hand. The OP says both opponents have swords, not that either have to use it at any time they don't want to. Batman has greater feats in both physicality, endurance, and overall skill.

• BONUS ADVANTAGE OF BEING BATMAN: Batman

Batman wins this 7/10

Nick_Oakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pokergeist: Dude where is that pic of Bruce Wayne from?