• 96 results
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

The Fist of Khonshu takes on the second Robin... who will be left standing after the brawl? Well, that's up to you! Debate on Moon Knight vs. Red Hood begins today and you'll have five days to think about it before needing to cast your vote! While they may not be as skilled as some of the top street levelers in their respective universes, they're both still immensely talented and willing to be more brutal than a traditional hero. While Todd has extensive training from Batman, firearms and other goodies, Moon Knight has consistently displayed topnotch pain tolerance, has held his own against quite a few characters, and has a simple yet effective variety of gear at his disposal (Marc hasn't had moon based powers in a long time, by the way). No matter who's the victor, this has the potential to be downright savage.

No Caption Provided

Comic Vine Battle of the Week Rules

• Combatants are in character (assume Marc has a pre-Bendis' run mental status, therefore he won't think he's one of the other Avengers).
  • This is a random encounter.
  • They're fighting in a generic downtown city setting. It's unpopulated and at night. Assume they start roughly 50 feet apart and visible. There's a moderate amount of cover between them (parked cars and such).
  • Both characters have standard gear (assume Moon Knight has his standard gear/attire from the Civil War era. The above image is from that era, by the way).
  • Incapacitation, knockout or death all count as elimination.

CLICK HERE TO VOTE!

Voting will remain open until this Friday morning (ET) and a new article will go on the homepage shortly after. Please keep in mind voting remains open for 5 days so you can research characters and read the debates presented for both sides. I know it's easy to vote for the character you like more, but please try to have adequate information on both characters before casting your vote.

Friday's update will include one Viner's argument for the winning character (only posts in the poll thread will be considered and it can't be a scan fest), the staff's thoughts and if we're extra lucky, thoughts from writers, artists and others in the industry! Viners, it's understandable that debates over "who would win?" can get heated, but please try to keep the conversations informative and not personal.

Feel free to make future match suggestions in the comments below or via Gregg's Twitter page.

Mutie199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

i like red hood but i think moon knight will win this

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I like Red Hood more, but I'm not sure who'd win the fight....

ShadowX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Great matchup. Don't know much about either but I will wait and see arguments.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

I was going to say if Moon Knight had his Carbonadium armor Jason wouldn't even be able to hurt him

redmanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

there should be female battle next week

TheDarkShight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a toughy, but new 52 Red Hood seems way more a skilled fighter than before

Avatar image for telltalegentleman
TellTaleGentleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, my favorite characters of all time meet, I never awaited for this....

Though is highly debatable.... Moon Knight will probably win.

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Jenkale

new 52 jason has been trained by everybody and their momma so going with him

Avatar image for beaniemanmartinez
beaniemanmartinez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it would of been better if deadpool vs redhood loll

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Cavemold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 87

hmm, i havent seen enough MK to say.... I think RHO sinceh he has batman training.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Moon Knight.

Avatar image for thenexusrebound
thenexusrebound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I voted too close to call. Jason has been trained by just about everyone now, but Moon Knight does have some superhuman abilities. I know that anyone caught in the middle of this should head for the hills.

kid Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By kid Apollo

oh sure choose the not bat sh*t insane Moon Knight, a.k.a. the Moon Knight i dont know!

IDontLikeBirds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fan of both, but have to give it to Hood due to the training by both Batman and The All-Caste, plus I think he has a better array of weapons (not just his guns).

jerfro23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jason been trained by tali,the league and so many more.plus he been able go H2H with Dick on several occations.

MrShway88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can anyone recommend a good Moon Knight story or tradeback? I know very little about the character.

Avatar image for mynamewasdeleted
MyNameWasDeleted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looking for a bit of clarity on the issue of Red Hood's costume. Aside from his helmet I cannot find indications that he is wearing body armor of any kind. Is this correct?

Supreme_Maj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let be serious here Moon Knight is not a simple street brawler is a martial artist, expert Marksman, He has fought many of his pairs, supernatural characters and survive and I never saw anybody beating him. His on pare with Batman same tenacity but the difference between the two is Moon Knight can kill.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#20  Edited By Strider1992

This is a good fight. In my opinion Moon Knight takes a majority. Jason Todd is a strong combatant no doubt however Moon Knight has been a consistently strong fighter. He's demonstrated a good knowledge of nerve strikes and uses them on a very regular basis. Moon Knight is also a lot faster than most people give him credit for he's easily dodged bullets and jumped his way through a laser grid.

Initially Jason would probably have the advantage due to his guns however this will be short lived once a close combat situation occurs. Red Hood is of course no stranger to hand to hand having been trained by Batman and all but its not often he fights someone as utterly devoid of pain as Moon Knight. Marc has had both his legs broken and fallen from a 4 story building and still kept fighting, he was tortured by Midnight-Man by the villain tearing at his spinal column and it ended with Moon Knight putting an iron bar through his head despite hours of previous torture. So when it comes to a close combat situation Jason is not on the same level of durability as Moon Knight the guy literally doesn't give a damn what kind of punishment he is put through. He's the kind of person who wouldn't mind getting his hand chopped off if it means he can get in a position to kill you. As a result Marc can put himself in a situation Jason won't be expecting. Taskmaster even said that he hated fighting Moon Knight for this exact reason because MK would rather take a blow so he could get in a position to beat the living hell out of you than avoid you and wait for an opening. This is a fighting style that is very unpredictable and very effective if you're opponent is less durable than you which in this case Jason is.

Moon Knight should take a majority due to his unpredictable fighting style, his incredible pain tolerance and the fact that he is a far better fighter than people actually give him credit for!

P.S K4tz forfeited a debate with me on this because deep down he knew Moon Knight wins! Not really he was just too busy to participate but thats what i'll keep telling myself and everyone I meet mwhahahaha

Oh and Moon Knight is faster than a crowbar........Just sayin.....

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a tough one! Both have extraordinary feats.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

....... Damn too close to call,but if I had to pick probaly Jason todd, only because he is a better fighter and trained by many talented people

Catsnlynne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Moon Knight all the way.

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i would go with jason todd. don't know much about moon knight.

Pop123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like both, leaning on Moon Night.

ThorBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I voted moon knight

Not a big fan of all the junior batmen flavor of the month

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gonna go with Moon Knight

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gonna go with Moon Knight

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

MK :)

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Voting too close to call on this one

Autopsad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@mrshway88: There's a tradepaperback called "The Bottom" written by Charlie Huston and illustrated by David Finch that could interest you.

It's pretty violent, so you're warned !

The 80's series is also pretty good ^^

Moon Kngiht for the win !

_Genesis_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By _Genesis_

Put some Indy character

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even before Moon Knight got semi Super Powers from the God (Koshu I think) he was a bad***.

Moon Knights very first battle and showing.

Here Moon Knight with peak human stats and skill takes on Werewolf by Night. Armed with only Silver Gauntlets and Silver Moon Darts, he takes it to the Werewolf that has given Dracula a thrashing.

Then Moon Knight fought Jack again when Jack was stronger.

Moon Knight takes out all the minor Werewolves with ease, and then fights Jack on even ground. Thanks to a couple Silver Bullets to Jacks back, Moon Knight was able to win, the brutality of it however shows Moon Kinight has great Durability and Skill.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

I'm going to go with Jason just because I think his all cast training put him at the level where the only Bat family that could take him in a fight is probably batman, and compared to the rest of the side kicks thats makes him one hell of a fighter. Also Mark has never had anything training as hard core as that.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#36  Edited By daredevil21134

Tough.But I have to say Moon Knight

HushoftheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely Jason. Better trained and better equipped than Mr. Spector, especially new 52 Todd.

stich1298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would go with Red hood considering he's a bat-kid and his training with batman, Thalia, League of Assasins and the All Cast. he would definally own his ass and red hood is not afraid to kill I actually think he can take on Batman

Avatar image for the_changing_man
The_Changing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

depends on which knight of the lunar cycle it is. assuming moon knight is not under a full moon then i think this ight is soo evenly match it would come down to who simply gets in the hardest lucky punch.

antoniostark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

I love Moon Knight, but I had to say too close too call. This fight seems like it would be so brutal. Both of them wouldn't hold back, which makes me think it would just end with them both dead in the street.

ivolution2k1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i like both characters but i feel like moon knight has more experience and that would edge it in his favor

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

MOON MUOTHERHUGGIN KNIGHT!!!

Avatar image for vampireselektor
VampireSelektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll give it to Moon Knight, if only for slicing off a person's face in combat. Isn't everyone a little afraid of the Moon Knight?

Avatar image for mynamewasdeleted
MyNameWasDeleted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By MyNameWasDeleted
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Can anyone recommend a good Moon Knight story or tradeback? I know very little about the character.

Moon Knight Vol. 4: The Death of Marc Spector.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:

@mrshway88 said:

Moon Knight Vol. 4: The Death of Marc Spector.

No Caption Provided

For 4-5 bucks you can get this Super pack Speical comic. Has his First Apperance (Bonus Comic to this Special) and great Side story of the scans I showed.

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Wow, this is a tough call. I love both characters, so to say one will lose this battle is painful. Neither are known to hold back (even to the point of killing), Jason is obviously better-trained, but Moon Knight has greater strength and pain-tolerance. Really tough choice. Ultimately, I'm going to say Moon Knight would win simply because I think he would have the higher physical endurance to last the inevitably long battle.

QuantomMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GO RED HOOD!!

SteveRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers