• 112 results
Namor_Curry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Namor_Curry

Comicvine as a whole has a very disapproving view of Namor. I'd like to see the opinions here.

-K.O. to win

-Bloodlusted

-Morals on

-Takes place underwater (shocking)

-Pertinent feats for Namor McKenzie

-Pertinent feats for Arthur Curry

Round 1: Classic Namor vs New-52 Aquaman

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Round 2: Classic Namor & Susan Storm vs New-52 Aquaman & Mera

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

-K.O. to win

-Bloodlusted

-Morals on

-Takes place underwater

-Sue uses forcefield breathing apparatus like in Civil War (indestructible)

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Aquaman

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Aquaman.

Namor_Curry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Namor_Curry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Updated OP with a list of good feats for both.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

N52 aquaman is beast

Blackice709

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any version of Namor!

Namor_Curry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterkungfu: Being a big fan of both as my username implies, I'm just looking to see if anyone here can do a better job figuring out who wins. For the life of me these two versions seem completely equal. Their feats are nearly identical and neither of them particularly stand out to me over the other.

For instance, they both toss around battleships like empty beer cans. Namor socks Hulk in the jaw once to K.O. him a bunch of times, as well as wins over Hercules. New-52 Aquaman did the same to a possessed version of the DC Hercules, and popped Superman so hard it sent him flying, and would probably have K.O.'d Hulk if he was on the receiving end. Every answer I've gotten is just "Aquaman" with no explanation. I'm hoping someone here can give a definitive answer. Arthur can Hydrokenesis and Namor can Electric Eel. Curry tanks hits from the Dead King while McKenzie does the same against Thor. I really love 'em both, and I was hoping someone here could give a reason why one would be better than the other.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It can go either way IMO.

Namor_Curry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Namor_Curry
Can't go wrong bumping with cool artwork
Can't go wrong bumping with cool artwork

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Eisenfauste

Namor uses seaweed as a garotte.......

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Gracetrack

Prepping for the inevitable battle of the week. Seems like, in this kind of battle where the two characters are so equal, one needs to introduce a random variable to spice things up.... whether that's giving each of them a partner, giving each of them a different handicap, or some such thing.

On second thought, I say Namor because he can do everything Arthur can, but he can fly too. ;)

ClassicRainbow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Namor jerk out and wins.

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say its obviously going to be a really tough battle. No one is going to walk away with just a scratch. Its honestly difficult to say who has the edge.

Avatar image for sundipped_superman
Sundipped_Superman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Prepping for the inevitable battle of the week. Seems like, in this kind of battle where the two characters are so equal, one needs to introduce a random variable to spice things up.... whether that's giving each of them a partner, giving each of them a different handicap, or some such thing.

On second thought, I say Namor because he can do everything Arthur can, but he can fly too. ;)

But Namor doesn't really have any ranged attacks he'd have to get close to Arthur to hurt him, also does the trident count as standard gear for Namor?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BlackWind

@sundipped_superman: It isn't. He rarely even touches his.

Also I think Aquaman still might be faster. Or at least he has better quantifiable speed underwater.

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say Classic Namor could pull out a win over New 52 Aquaman despite what others are saying.

MarlboroMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Namor, eventually overpowers him.

Namor_Curry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had thoughts about introducing partners. In the literal sense. Sue Storm and Mera. Which would still keep it really close in my opinion.

Namor_Curry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackwind: Arthur can swim faster than Namor at racing speed. Not necessarily reaction time though. Namor has better strength feats.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@namor_curry: And Aquaman has a weapon that could easily one shot if he decided to charge him and run him through. Their healing abilities are probably on par, unless I'm forgetting something.

Namor_Curry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Namor_Curry

@blackwind: They both have significant healing abilities, and equal durability in my opinion. I don't think Arthur's Trident could one-shot Namor. Sure, it's pierced Darkseid and is called indestructible, but Imperius Rex over here has tanked Mjolnir's blasts and physical blows, Hulk and Thing's best shots, and Cyclops' most concentrated blast with very minor injuries. To me that makes them comparable, since the Dead King's Scepter made Arthur bleed, but he healed within a page, just like I expect Namor would. I'd give Namor the slight edge in combat since he was raised and trained underwater with the Atlantean Army, yet Arthur didn't become combat proficient until roughly a year after his father's death. So it's cool that Aquaman has his Trident as standard equipment and Namor doesn't.

Well I guess it's not cool because it still doesn't help me determine a winner. Basically, if Namor ever got to disarm Arthur, Aquaman would be fast enough to retrieve his Trident without Namor being able to keep up.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Gracetrack

@blackwind said:

@sundipped_superman: It isn't. He rarely even touches his.

Also I think Aquaman still might be faster. Or at least he has better quantifiable speed underwater.

If Aquaman gets his trident as "standard gear," but The Submariner doesn't, I'd probably give the slight edge to Aquaman. Because yes, even though Namor can fly, it's not going to do him much good without a ranged attack of some sort.

vasu12360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

aquaman

Alucard2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#27  Edited By Alucard2099

I believe classic Namor wins here.

Doom_Phd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman tanked a continental hit, this isn't really an even match

Namor_Curry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doom_phd said:

Aquaman tanked a continental hit, this isn't really an even match

And Namor tanks Mjolnir hits, which have proven to be at least that level. It's way closer than you think. I still can't figure out who wins.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#31  Edited By Fallschirmjager

Namor never carried his Trident as standard gear. He didn't even get one till decades after his incarnation iirc. That would be the difference imo. Aquaman can tank blunt damage no problem. He has twice been bunched by WW square on the jaw and come away with nothing but a bloody lip.

I don't see Namor taking trident slashes/pierces all day. Mjolnir is blunt damage, not piercing.

I don't see Flight being relevant when the battle is underwater and both combatants would be at their best underwater and Namor has no ranged attacks anyway. Unless he's just running away, flight is pointless.

Namor_Curry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: Arthur does have a Trident, but Namor is a more skilled combatant, who is definitely capable of disarming him. But Aquaman is fast enough to retrieve it. So it's pretty gridlocked in my opinion.

Namor_Curry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Updated OP with Round 2! The Princes of the Deep plus their girlfriends.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@namor_curry said:

@fallschirmjager: Arthur does have a Trident, but Namor is a more skilled combatant, who is definitely capable of disarming him. But Aquaman is fast enough to retrieve it. So it's pretty gridlocked in my opinion.

In what way is Namor more skilled? Martial prowess has never been apart of either character's combat history. Neither of them are very "skilled" at all. I only have like a vague instance of atlantean martial arts for either character.

Namor_Curry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: Namor was raised underwater with the Atlantean Army, while Arthur didn't become combat proficient until roughly a year after his father's death. Essentially, neither of them have mastery over any type of martial art, but Namor has the advantage of experience.

Doom_Phd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Doom_Phd

@blackwind:

The difference here is that we know Aquaman was it with a full powered blast and it's been known for a long time Thor greatly holds back his hits, unless you want to tell me Iron man, who also took hits from Thor, is in the same ballpark of durability as Hulk.

Lol

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: Namor was raised underwater with the Atlantean Army, while Arthur didn't become combat proficient until roughly a year after his father's death. Essentially, neither of them have mastery over any type of martial art, but Namor has the advantage of experience.

I don't really see that being much of a factor. You're talking a minor historical detail in the character's long history. Martial prowess has never been the emphasis with either.

Both have fought skilled combatants just fine. Arthur has skirmished with WW just fine, twice in the new 52.

Namor_Curry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Namor_Curry
No Caption Provided

@doom_phd: Iron Man has tanked multiple nuclear bombs without injury. I'd put that about the same as continent busting.

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Mera is hot...

Namor_Curry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Namor_Curry

@fallschirmjager: martial prowess does have a lot to do with experience. You don't just one day become good at something. And to compare, Namor has done the same with Hulk, Thor, War Machine, Iron Man, Captain America, etc.

Doom_Phd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Doom_Phd

@namor_curry:

Do you geography? there is no nuclear missile that can take out a continent. A nuke is city level.

Iron man can take a hit that can sink the entirety of Africa? This wank

Lmao

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@namor_curry said:

@fallschirmjager: martial prowess does have a lot to do with experience. You don't just one day become good at something. And to compare, Namor has done the same with Hulk, Thor, War Machine, Iron Man, Captain America, etc.

The only person who regularly displays martial skill in that list you offered is Captain America and the physical differences there make it pointless.

Hulk and Thor are brawlers. War Machine and Iron Man are mostly techno based, though Tony has displayed skill out of suit (again - irrelevant with the power differences)

Again. Neither character has ever emphasized skill. I don't see Namor supposed superior skill being able to equalize him fighting weaponless against Arthur who always has his trident with him.

Agree to disagree if you wish, but that's my .02

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, as of right now, it seems like the outcome is generally going to be Aquaman wins because of his trident.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, as of right now, it seems like the outcome is generally going to be Aquaman wins because of his trident.

Its what I think. 6 or 7 out of 10. Not a stomp.

Take that away and its 50/50 imo.

Post Crisis Aquaman I would maintain dominates. His telepathy is on a different level and so underrated in most of his fights.

Namor_Curry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Namor_Curry

@doom_phd: Atlantis wasn't that big of a continent, see for yourself. It depends on how many nukes. Also, Tony has tanked hits from enraged Hulk and Hulk-powered Rogue without Hulkbuster, and disintegration beams from Mandarin. I have no idea why Tony's feats are relevant but yes, Namor tanking Mjolnir, Hulk, Hercules, and Thing hits are just as impressive if not more impressive than Arthur tanking the Dead King's Scepter. That's like saying Thor wouldn't beat the snot out of the Dead King.

Namor_Curry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Namor_Curry

Sue says better go in that ring and knock 'em out or you better not come out.

No Caption Provided

Con7879

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My love of Aquaman and Mera makes it almost impossible for me to be objective, with new 52 Aquaman being my favourite current comic. With that in mind:

Round one I give to Aquaman. Namors not nearly as fast as Arthur and the trident gives him a serious edge.

Round 2 I find a little harder to score as the fantastic four I've read sue has been inconsistent, ranging from the most powerful member of the team to effectively useless. that being said, Mera already has a quite a temper, so her bloodlusted is a scary prospect. Which makes me say team Aquaman.

Doom_Phd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@namor_curry:

Batman durability should be godly because he has taken hits from Supes with out any fancy IM armour.

You're ABC logic doesn't work well because Thor high end feats prove other and Hulk high end feats as well.

Namor_Curry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Namor_Curry

Current thoughts

Round 1:

Strength: Namor (Better feats)

Durability: Draw

Speed: Arthur (Not even close)

Skill: Namor (Better feats)

Gear: Arthur (Trident)

Namor: 2, Arthur: 2

Round 2:

Strength: Sue (Can lift just about anything with her force-field bubbles)

Durability: Mera (Unless Sue shields herself, Mera is more durable)

Speed: Mera (Not even close)

Skill: Draw

Powers (Gear is inapplicable here): Sue (Sue's powerset is more impressive)

Sue: 2, Mera: 2

Back at square 1, with no clear winner for anything.