No Caption Provided
Dawgfan229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Dawgfan229

Thor....tornado to the head should do it.....Thor can withstand his mental attacks long enough to take him out.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Cream_God

Thor has shown many feats resisting telepathy so I say thor

FolderHolder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Xavier cannot command Thor, he can simply command any number of lightning-quick adversaries that can stand up to Thor.

jojjimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jojjimbo

I say Thor resist Xavier TP long enough to Knock him out.

_Cerberus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X goes invisible via telepathy and summons the X-Men to take out Thor.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@folderholder: quicksilver?

http://imageshack.us/a/img683/6084/1608652thorvsquicksilve.jpg

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By dondave

Charles already dropped Thor during AVX and then wiped his mind, I see the same happening here

GonnaRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By GonnaRain

@dondave said:

Charles already dropped Thor during AVX and then wiped his mind, I see the same happening here

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, I don't remember the issue exactly, but IIRC he put quite a lot of characters to sleep without any real effort, Rachel, a Phoenix amped Namor, and Thor were among them. Granted Xavier is stronger than Rachel and normal Emma, but they're no slouches themselves, and Rachel could do nothing to Thor, just like a Phoenix amped Emma couldn't as well.

_Cerberus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, I don't remember the issue exactly, but IIRC he put quite a lot of characters to sleep without any real effort, Rachel, a Phoenix amped Namor, and Thor were among them. Granted Xavier is stronger than Rachel and normal Emma, but they're no slouches themselves, and Rachel could do nothing to Thor, just like a Phoenix amped Emma couldn't as well.

Xavier is just a boss like that son

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gonnarain said:

@dondave said:

What in the hell are those pictures?

Equonox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

This.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Dextersinister
@equonox said:

@dondave said:

This.

Thor was also mind controlled at the start of Uncanny Avengers so his mental defenses aren't standing up to the test of time.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Xavier puts him to sleep again.

GonnaRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@equonox said:

@dondave said:

This.

Thor was also mind controlled at the start of Uncanny Avengers so his mental defenses aren't standing up to the test of time.

Also this. He fell to the illusions / mind control of one of Red Skull's whatshisface minions. So honestly, I don't know how Thor's resistance can be measured since it's quite inconsistent at the moment.

HyperViper97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Xavier roflstomps him

Plax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It depends what feats you want to go by. If you go by AVX, in which Thor jobbed like hell, then Thor would lose unless he managed to hurl Mjolnir at Charles. If you go by other TP feats of Thor, he has shown resistance such as Moondragon with Mind Gem. In this case, Thor would manage to resist Charles enough to strike Charles or Thermo-blast etc.

_Cerberus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_cerberus_ said:

@gonnarain said:

@dondave said:

a funny fanfic of Xavier being a Pimp.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Dextersinister

@plax said:

It depends what feats you want to go by. If you go by AVX, in which Thor jobbed like hell, then Thor would lose unless he managed to hurl Mjolnir at Charles. If you go by other TP feats of Thor, he has shown resistance such as Moondragon with Mind Gem. In this case, Thor would manage to resist Charles enough to strike Charles or Thermo-blast etc.

It's not really a matter of picking and choosing what moments to use, you favour the more consistent side and as far as I am aware he hasn't been doing well on the mental resistance front and after that how recent it is and that moment with Moondragon is a lot older.

Some may consider Moondragon being unable to mind control Thor PIS.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Frankly, I find the idea that a mortal man can mind control a god asinine.

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@plax said:

Plax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Plax

@dextersinister: I think it also depends on the comics themselves. Like I said, in AVX, Thor was jobbing to everyone. Thor has other TP resistance feats such as the Enchantress and Stranger in addition to Moondragon on a separate occasion. Would that not dictate these lower end showings are not consistent with Thors abilities?

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@plax: Your confusing jobbing with low showing. Thor got beaten up fairly often in AvsX but by opponents who where considerably more powerful.

Mind control is not Stranges specialty in fact he got controlled by Draculas hypnotism, Enchantress is a Thor villain so it would be stupid if she had the power to instantly defeat on the other hand Charles is one of the most experienced telepaths in Marvel, mind control is what he is known for, telepathic resistance isn't something Thor's known for and as we've seen is up to the whims of the current writer.

FolderHolder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@folderholder: quicksilver?

No. Why, out of all the people that Professor X could command to fight Thor, would he ever choose Quicksilver?

FolderHolder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By FolderHolder

@noone301994 said:

@_cerberus_ said:

@gonnarain said:

Funny story though, the computer game where Xavier pimps out his students is a real indie game (unauthorized, of course), called "Marvel Brothel".

http://kotaku.com/5686819/the-marvel-brothel-sex-rpg-makes-a-pimp-out-of-professor-x

Plax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dextersinister: Whilst it isn't what he's known for, it doesn't mean he doesn't have any as Thor abilities in regards to that aspect. Enchantress has stated that Charles power was a joke she managed to sealed her mind against him. This shows that Enchantress is at least in the same ball park as Charles.

I'm not sure Stranger and Dracula have meant so could you please point me out the issue or something?

I agree that his resistance is quite erratic and writers change it on a regular basis but, I feel there is a general consensus that Thor is not being written properly and the history of Thor and his abilities are being forgotten. In AVX, Thor lost numerous times. In the past, Thor has fared much better against Phoenix powered Rachel Summers and yet she gained the edge over him whilst she wasn't in proper possession of the Phoenix Force. In addition, in the fight against Emma Frost, she dominates him physically. Cyclops doesn't acknowledge Thor. These are beings who are powerful yes, but should the fact that Thor managed to stun Galactus or defeat Glory mean that he puts up a better fight than what he did.

_Cerberus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_cerberus_ said:

@noone301994 said:

@_cerberus_ said:

@gonnarain said:

Funny story though, the computer game where Xavier pimps out his students is a real indie game (unauthorized, of course), called "Marvel Brothel".

http://kotaku.com/5686819/the-marvel-brothel-sex-rpg-makes-a-pimp-out-of-professor-x

oh gawd.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GonnaRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By GonnaRain

@plax said:

But even while he was defeated quite a lot during AvX, he still showed some good TP resistance feats. Resisting Rachel quite easily, just like he did to a Phoenix Amped Emma Frost. And that's the problem I have as of now. Charles is, no doubt, above both Rachel and Emma, but one would think that, while possessed by the Phoenix Force, Emma should close the gap between them, if not surpass him, and yet, while Charles put Thor to sleep like it was nothing, Emma got into his mind and was kicked pretty much right away.

And again, more recently he was fooled by one of Red Skull's random minions.

I understand your point, and it does make sense, but if we really go by current feats, while incredibly inconsistent, Charles already demonstrated that he could get into his mind without any trouble.

Bossmoss4l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Bossmoss4l

@_cerberus_ said:

@folderholder said:
@_cerberus_ said:

@noone301994 said:

@_cerberus_ said:

@gonnarain said:

oh gawd.

I feel bad because I recently posted this video in a separate thread, but seeing the current conversation makes me conclude that it would be appropriate and warranted. So at the risk of getting into trouble with the mods:

Loading Video...

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#31  Edited By THORSON

THOR. he can just throw his hammer at professor x before he does anything and then professor X dies.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By dondave

Just gonna quote my quote

@dondave said:

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: Not to mention Red Skull with Xavier's brain took control of Thor in Uncanny Avengers.

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ForeverEvil

been done. AvX charles shut thors brain off like an old windows pc

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By dondave

@dondave: Not to mention Red Skull with Xavier's brain took control of Thor in Uncanny Avengers.

That was actually Honest John, although his power since hasn't been fully explained, it was probably telepathy of some sort

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Xavier

For the record, I hate matches with telepaths. The whole battle just comes down to one thing, telepaths power relative to opponents resistance. At list a physical match entails a range of factors (e.g. speed, strength, durability, skill, experience, etc.)

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: Oh yeah lol, been a while since I read that. Although it was shown Thor's lightning can disrupt mental attacks

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Xavier

For the record, I hate matches with telepaths. The whole battle just comes down to one thing, telepaths power relative to opponents resistance. At list a physical match entails a range of factors (e.g. speed, strength, durability, skill, experience, etc.)

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: Oh yeah lol, been a while since I read that. Although it was shown Thor's lightning can disrupt mental attacks

It's debatable whether he could summon a bolt of lightning before Charles could shut him down. Also reading the issue again, I'd say it was a more a combination of Honest John and Red Skull rather than Honest John alone.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#40  Edited By Wolverine008

Xavier

QFT.

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Xavier wins.

Jhaigo99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Xavier will drop him like a stone before Thor gets close.

Park

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor has tp resistance. Asgardians in general have shown tp resistance. Thor resisted a phoenix force enhanced Emma Frost. Honest John's power wasn't telepathy it was to appear as a person's most ideal leader. To Thor he appeared as Odin who told him to work for Red Skull.

Xavier doesn't stand a chance.

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

From behind, where Thor was in other battle. Thor is not THAT weak to TP, a specially that Emma with Phoenix Force couldn't reach him. Red Skull with Xavier's mind also needed a whisperer to control him.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#47  Edited By Saren
Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not relevant. Red Skull doesn't have any of Charles' skill or experience with telepathy. In the same showing, Captain America was blocking him, and Xavier had zero difficulty with Cap's mind.

Power matters. Xavier didn't need any skill when he came to battlefield, he just used his power. Red Skull couldn't do the same. In other words: Xavier couldn't take out Rachel, Phoenix Namor, Thor and others with just this one move and it is PIS, which is proved by Red Skull's actions.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#49  Edited By Saren

@czarny_samael666 said:

@citizenbane said:

Not relevant. Red Skull doesn't have any of Charles' skill or experience with telepathy. In the same showing, Captain America was blocking him, and Xavier had zero difficulty with Cap's mind.

Power matters. Xavier didn't need any skill when he came to battlefield, he just used his power. Red Skull couldn't do the same. In other words: Xavier couldn't take out Rachel, Phoenix Namor, Thor and others with just this one move and it is PIS, which is proved by Red Skull's actions.

This is nonsense; skill has always been an important part of a telepath's arsenal. The amount of psychic firepower a telepath carries has repeatedly shown to be an insufficient predictor of how effective her mind-attacks are when confronted by a situation where experience is required over raw power. Look at Emma's fight with Rachel. The latter was a lot more powerful, but Emma still won because she could apply her powers to greater effect thanks to her experience with psychic combat. At the end of the same fight, Emma explicitly stated that the key requirement of telepaths was not power, but (direct quote) "skill and training and will". So if you're saying skill isn't as important as power for a telepath, there are a few actual Marvel telepaths who disagree with you.

Plus your statement is completely unfounded, and we both know it. If you're saying Xavier just walked in and used his power like a wild hammer without any ounce of skill behind it, you're presuming intentions and decisions that aren't inferred from the text, which is a nicer way of saying you're making things up to support the interpretation you'd prefer. Prove that Xavier wasn't using any of his skill in that attack. Show me some concrete evidence that the psychic wave he knocked everyone out with didn't involve any skill. An actual note or sentence in the text would be nice. Then we'll talk.

And if you're actually presuming that the Red Skull's inability to replicate Charles' feat means that Charles' feat was PIS rather than that the Skull didn't have Xavier's capabilities with his powers, then you're assuming Red Skull's power with Charles' brain was 100% identical to Charles' own. Which means Red Skull failing to take down Captain America telepathically is proof that Xavier couldn't do it either, and yet Charles literally knocked Cap out, woke him up and then knocked him out again. Really?

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By XiiX

@green_skaar said:

Xavier

QFT.