Simon Williams said:
"Alpha said:
"Simon Williams said:
"Alpha said:
"Simon Williams said:
"Alpha said:
"Simon Williams said:
"Vance Astro said:
"All this Sentry hate seems to be stemmed from what people think they know about Sentry and not what they actually know."
Thank You."
I like Sentry and can't wait for them to really define him and make him into the character he could be. You on the other hand, don't seem to know much about a character that you are defending. Everyone knows the=at in his case as far as the origin, he is the chicken that came before the egg. Stop assuming. It makes an ass out of you. "
What did I assume, Moron? I read and know what I talk about."
You know nothing and that I'm sure of and a waste of time debating. "
If You think so."
What he was has no bearing on what he is now until they take him back to his past glory. The fact that you tried to use what he was as an argument shows lack of substance on your part. "
How it lacks substance? is that what you tell everyone because You just told that to SUNMAN. You talked about how he acted since his appearance, but when He first appeared to now is different. You lack the knowledge of Sentry comics to know that."
I apologized to SUNMAN. Didn't mean to say that to him.

Tell me something. What came first? He appearance in New Avengers or his origin series?
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Dark King said:
"The Man of Yesteryear said:
"Nothing in Age of Sentry ever actually happened anyways..."
so is it the equivalent of ppl using non canon and what if? feats to patten their stats for fights?"
He doesn't really have any feats in Age of Sentry anyway.He doesn't fight anyone he couldn't beat on any given day in any other comic.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Alpha said:
I apologized to SUNMAN. Didn't mean to say that to him. Tell me something. What came first? He appearance in New Avengers or his origin series?"
How does that even matter?
Simon Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By Simon Williams

Why does everyone say Sentry is weak because He needed help with the Shield Helicopter. If Sentry actually applies strength to stopping it the pressure of the force would crush it. Like when Superman was trying to stop the plane in Superman return, the plane start to crush in.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By Hadrelius
Vance Astro said:
"Alpha said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Alpha said:
"Vance Astro said:
"All this Sentry hate seems to be stemmed from what people think they know about Sentry and not what they actually know."
What we know is based on what is shown. When they put him back to what the later origin story shows, then opinions will chnage. "
No what people think they saw or think was shown.I don't know how many times i've caught people making up sh#t about Sentry and using it against him in battle forums.I don't care if people don't like him but when people make up stuff and then say they don't like him because of those so-called-facts..it pisses me off.
"
There is nothing about the Sentry that needs to be made up. Not sure what comics you and Simon have been reading. It is clear to his ability and level. Nothing I said was based on opinion but fact of the comics that show him. No sure why this is a debate. Take it up with Marvel if you don't like what is being shown by him, but is being shown."
What you are saying has nothing to do with what I am saying.My statement was unrealated to begin with.I can't speak for Simon i'm speaking for myself.I read the same Sentry comics everyone else did.When I said I caught people making up stuff about Sentry I caught people just last night pulling things out of their ass.Saying things about him that aren't true.This is a debate because you made it one..I wasn't talking to you or about you.
"
So you are saying that I didn't make up anything about Sentry?

Your statement was made after my comment on the thread. Seemed you were casting me with those that you say make things up.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Simon Williams said:
"Why does everyone say Sentry is weak because He needed help with the Shield Helicopter. If Sentry actually applies strength to stopping it the pressure of the force would crush it. Like when Superman was trying to stop the plane in Superman return, the plane start to crush in."
1.The Shield hellicarrier isn't that heavy
2.Sentry was trying his best to pull it up.
3.Superman uses tactile telekenis I believe to lift things.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Alpha said:
So you are saying that I didn't make up anything about Sentry?Your statement was made after my comment on the thread. Seemed you were casting me with those that you say make things up. "
If I was talking to you I would have quoted you.Like I did just now.
Simon Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Simon Williams
Vance Astro said:
"Simon Williams said:
"Why does everyone say Sentry is weak because He needed help with the Shield Helicopter. If Sentry actually applies strength to stopping it the pressure of the force would crush it. Like when Superman was trying to stop the plane in Superman return, the plane start to crush in."
"
Exactly, applying his strength would crush it with ease. I mean look at what He did to Terrax and his Axe.
Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Hadrelius

This is going off topic. The point was made that the Sentry is now being shown as almost child like. That is not a opinion but fact. Though not as brutish as Champion, i haven't seen anything that suggest that he is smart.

Vance Astro said:

"Simon Williams said:
"

Superman uses what?
What is your bases for that conclusion?
Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Hadrelius
Vance Astro said:
"Alpha said:
So you are saying that I didn't make up anything about Sentry?Your statement was made after my comment on the thread. Seemed you were casting me with those that you say make things up. "
If I was talking to you I would have quoted you.Like I did just now.
"
I apologize.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Simon Williams said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Simon Williams said:
"
Exactly, applying his strength would crush it with ease. I mean look at what He did to Terrax and his Axe."
Now..I was saying that applying strength would crush it and he was actually trying his best to lift it.Breaking Terrax's axe doesn't much.Since Sentry's strength fluctuates with his mental stability he can be stronger or weaker at any time.
Simon Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Simon Williams
Vance Astro said:
"Simon Williams said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Simon Williams said:
"
Exactly, applying his strength would crush it with ease. I mean look at what He did to Terrax and his Axe."
Now..I was saying that applying strength would crush it and he was actually trying his best to lift it.Breaking Terrax's axe doesn't much.Since Sentry's strength fluctuates with his mental stability he can be stronger or weaker at any time.
"
True.
Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Hadrelius
Vance Astro said:
"Simon Williams said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Simon Williams said:
"
"
So what in your opinion is his strongest show of strength since his appearance in New Avengers?
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Alpha said:
So what in your opinion is his strongest show of strength since his appearance in New Avengers? "
In my opinion..he doesn't have any.
Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Hadrelius
Vance Astro said:
"Alpha said:
So what in your opinion is his strongest show of strength since his appearance in New Avengers? "
"
But he has feats since then:

Going toe to toe with WWHulk, Blue Marvel and the Collective are some that come to mind.

Simon Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Simon Williams
Alpha said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Alpha said:
"
But he has feats since then:Going toe to toe with WWHulk, Blue Marvel and the Collective are some that come to mind. "
I love what He did to morgana, and when He owned Dr.Doom.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Alpha said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Alpha said:
"
But he has feats since then:Going toe to toe with WWHulk, Blue Marvel and the Collective are some that come to mind. "
Those aren't feats IMO.
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#68  Edited By Zoom
Simon Williams said:
"No, if He did. Sentry can outsmart him like Thanos did."
Because Sentry is as smart as Thanos?

Hahahaha.

Sentry wins an incredibly one sided battle.  If only the thread maker wasn't so biased.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Zoom said:
"Simon Williams said:
"No, if He did. Sentry can outsmart him like Thanos did."
Because Sentry is as smart as Thanos?Hahahaha.Sentry wins an incredibly one sided battle.  If only the thread maker wasn't so biased."
Sentry doesn't have to be as smart as Thanos because Thanos barely did anything to outsmart him.Anyone can make the common sense move to teleport out of the way of attacks.
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By the creator
Vance Astro said:
"Alpha said:
"Champion does have the Power Primordial (which is the power of the Big Bang) and he is immortal. I think he wins. "
None of that means anything.Champion got his ribs broken by the Thing...a weaker thing than the Thing who gave Sentry his best punch and it did nothing.
"
The same Champion who took blows from Thor without any damage either.
Simon Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Simon Williams
the creator said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Alpha said:
"Champion does have the Power Primordial (which is the power of the Big Bang) and he is immortal. I think he wins. "
None of that means anything.Champion got his ribs broken by the Thing...a weaker thing than the Thing who gave Sentry his best punch and it did nothing.
"
The same Champion who took blows from Thor without any damage either."
Yeah, and the same Champion who got his ribs broken by Thing.

The same Sentry that destroyed Ultron which Thor's hammer bounced off of.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
the creator said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Alpha said:
"
Same one.

Simon Williams said:
"the creator said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Alpha said:
"
Yeah, and the same Champion who got his ribs broken by Thing. The same Sentry that destroyed Ultron which Thor's hammer bounced off of."

.Different Ultron.

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Valkaad
Vance Astro said:
"Alpha said:
"

The Power Primordial DOES mean something. In that same comic you like to reference Champion took a direct blow from Mjolnir without any injury. Thor also threw his hammer at Champion and before it could hit him Champioin banished Mjolnir to a nether dimension with but a thought. He also teleported a leaping Hulk out of the arena before he could attack. Who says that Champion has to stand toe to toe with Sentry. He could simply banish him to a nether dimension. Champion for the Win
Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Hadrelius
Valkaad said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Alpha said:
"
The Power Primordial DOES mean something. In that same comic you like to reference Champion took a direct blow from Mjolnir without any injury. Thor also threw his hammer at Champion and before it could hit him Champioin banished Mjolnir to a nether dimension with but a thought. He also teleported a leaping Hulk out of the arena before he could attack. Who says that Champion has to stand toe to toe with Sentry. He could simply banish him to a nether dimension. Champion for the Win"
That's my opinion.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Valkaad said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Alpha said:
"
The Power Primordial DOES mean something. In that same comic you like to reference Champion took a direct blow from Mjolnir without any injury. Thor also threw his hammer at Champion and before it could hit him Champioin banished Mjolnir to a nether dimension with but a thought. He also teleported a leaping Hulk out of the arena before he could attack. Who says that Champion has to stand toe to toe with Sentry. He could simply banish him to a nether dimension. Champion for the Win"
Most of those things Champion did with the power gem...
Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Valkaad
Vance Astro said:
"Valkaad said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Alpha said:
"
Most of those things Champion did with the power gem...
"
Dude are you kidding me? The power gem didn't exist back then. It started out with Warlock having his soul gem.. Thanos "introduced" us to the power gem for the first time in 1990 eight years after Champion showed power to banish Mjolnir.
Simon Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Simon Williams
Valkaad said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Alpha said:
"
If he banishes him, it also shows his cowardliness, especially when He didn't want to fight Hulk. The Champion loses.
Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Hadrelius

Sentry power would need to be truly near unlimited to beat Champion. He is an Elder of the Universe and as i said before, Immortal. I think the power of the Big Bang trumps the power of a million exploding suns.

Simon Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Simon Williams
Alpha said:
"Sentry power would need to be truly near unlimited to beat Champion. He is an Elder of the Universe and as i said before, Immortal. I think the power of the Big Bang trumps the power of a million exploding suns. "
He is only immortal because they are banished from Death's realm. Being immortal doesnt mean you're unbeatable as proved by She-Hulk and Titania. Sentry's power in a normal mind state is unlimited, i have proof.
Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Hadrelius
Simon Williams said:
"Alpha said:
"Sentry power would need to be truly near unlimited to beat Champion. He is an Elder of the Universe and as i said before, Immortal. I think the power of the Big Bang trumps the power of a million exploding suns. "
He is only immortal because they are banished from Death's realm. Being immortal doesnt mean you're unbeatable as proved by She-Hulk and Titania. Sentry's power in a normal mind state is unlimited, i have proof."
I know it is said to be unlimited (like the Hulk and Juggernaut) but I don't buy into the concept. As we saw with WWHulk, he ran out of power. Normal mind or not, if he has unlimited power, it would be unlimited always.

And never use a She-Hulk comic as proof of anything. Her comics are a joke and meant to be that way.
Simon Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Simon Williams
Alpha said:
"Simon Williams said:
"Alpha said:
He is only immortal because they are banished from Death's realm. Being immortal doesnt mean you're unbeatable as proved by She-Hulk and Titania. Sentry's power in a normal mind state is unlimited, i have proof."
I know it is said to be unlimited (like the Hulk and Juggernaut) but I don't buy into the concept. As we saw with WWHulk, he ran out of power. Normal mind or not, if he has unlimited power, it would be unlimited always. And never use a She-Hulk comic as proof of anything. Her comics are a joke and meant to be that way. "
So She hulk beating Champ is a joke, Titania crushing him with a rock is a joke?

Juggernaut is useless. The Hulk has potentially for unlimited strength, stronger than virtually any being.
Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Hadrelius
Simon Williams said:
"Alpha said:
"Simon Williams said:
"Alpha said:
I know it is said to be unlimited (like the Hulk and Juggernaut) but I don't buy into the concept. As we saw with WWHulk, he ran out of power. Normal mind or not, if he has unlimited power, it would be unlimited always. And never use a She-Hulk comic as proof of anything. Her comics are a joke and meant to be that way. "
So She hulk beating Champ is a joke, Titania crushing him with a rock is a joke?Juggernaut is useless. The Hulk has potentially for unlimited strength, stronger than virtually any being. "
Yes and Yes. Champion is well above class 100. Those two are not.  And don't let human_juggernaut see you saying that about his the Juggernaut. And yes, the Hulk , in my opinion, is the strongest earth based character.
Simon Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Simon Williams
Alpha said:
"Simon Williams said:
"Alpha said:
"Simon Williams said:
"Alpha said:
So She hulk beating Champ is a joke, Titania crushing him with a rock is a joke?Juggernaut is useless. The Hulk has potentially for unlimited strength, stronger than virtually any being. "
Yes and Yes. Champion is well above class 100. Those two are not.  And don't let human_juggernaut see you saying that about his the Juggernaut. And yes, the Hulk , in my opinion, is the strongest earth based character. "
Juggernaut sucks, what is the point of him? Human juggerpunk always try to prove juggernaut is stronger than the Hulk, possibly more invulnerability but not Stronger. To me Hulk and Sentry are even, just lack features, but to me they are on Superman's level.
Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Hadrelius
Simon Williams said:
"Alpha said:
"Simon Williams said:
"Alpha said:
"Simon Williams said:
"Alpha said:
Yes and Yes. Champion is well above class 100. Those two are not.  And don't let human_juggernaut see you saying that about his the Juggernaut. And yes, the Hulk , in my opinion, is the strongest earth based character. "
Juggernaut sucks, what is the point of him? Human juggerpunk always try to prove juggernaut is stronger than the Hulk, possibly more invulnerability but not Stronger. To me Hulk and Sentry are even, just lack features, but to me they are on Superman's level."
Only in a cross-over
Simon Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Simon Williams
Alpha said:
"Simon Williams said:
"Alpha said:
"Simon Williams said:
"Alpha said:
"Simon Williams said:
"Alpha said:
Juggernaut sucks, what is the point of him? Human juggerpunk always try to prove juggernaut is stronger than the Hulk, possibly more invulnerability but not Stronger. To me Hulk and Sentry are even, just lack features, but to me they are on Superman's level."
Only in a cross-over"
Well Savage Hulk beat Superman, and Superman beat Professor Hulk. They are even.
Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Hadrelius

How about Sentry and Thor?

Simon Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Simon Williams

That comic is coming I think. I don't know who would win, but I'll back Sentry, lol.

Avatar image for the_man_of_yesteryear
The Man of Yesteryear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Simon Williams said:
Well Savage Hulk beat Superman
No.
Simon Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Simon Williams
The Man of Yesteryear said:
"Simon Williams said:
Well Savage Hulk beat Superman
No."
Read Hulk VS Superman, the 1999 one. Hulk win, so be quiet, moron. I tell you over and over read it, and you never do. It's only $5.99, or mommy only gives you a nickle a week?
The Man of Yesteryear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Then please post evidence. I have looked through multiple sources on the internet and found nothing suggesting he won.

Simon Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Simon Williams

Here, dude. From the comic, and some guy who work from Amazon

click for larger pic

Buy the Incredible Hulk Vs Superman
by Roger Stern from Amazon

Roger Stern and Steve Rude combined in 1999 and created a classic in the making. With all the feeling of a Stan Lee written story and the art of Jack Kirby, the first real Superman vs the Hulk was now every comic fans reality dream come true. Unlike the very "first" battle in Superman and Spider-man in 1981 and DC vs Marvel Comics in 1996, this was a story with just the Hulk and Superman! Superman and Lois think back to the day they first encountered the Hulk:

Superman really has his hands full when he goes west to investigate mysterious earth tremors that show up on seismic equipment. It turns out to be the Hulk. After a brief encounter, with the Hulk coming out on top, Superman realizes he overestimated and underestimated the green behemoth.

As the story continues, Lois Lane and Clark Kent get assigned news stories out west that tie into Bruce Banner and the Hulk. With Lex Corp. doing research and contract work for the Army, Lex Luthor tries to find a scheme to try to gain control of Bruce Banner and the Hulk and use them to try and destroy Superman!

And with that plot, the second encounter between Superman and the Hulk takes place. Superman really lashes out at the Hulk and does do a job on the green gargoyle. But as the story plot thickens, Lex Luthor does use a deadly gamera ray gun on the two fighting  titans. The weapon is overloading  when Luthor sets the gamma weapon on full blast and threatens to kill and destroy everything within a 500 mile radius. With an unlikely team work, Superman hurtles the Hulk towards the gamma gun and the Hulk destroys the weapon and  saves the day! As always, Luthor worms his way out of the long arms of the law. After refraining back to the present, Superman and Lois feel real sadness for Bruce Banner for it revealed that he in reality is the Hulk and he has to carry the raging beast within him for all time.

That leaves the door open to a sequel.  It is now been three years since the earth shaking first story. When it comes to sequels, the comic industry doesn't seem to be in any big hurry to quench the publics' thirst for cross-over action. Take for example 1996's Superman/Aliens, here it is six years later and now DC and Dark Horse have come out with Superman/Aliens II: Godwars (As picked as my #1 all time Superman battle/team ups) they started this event in early May, with issue #1 and issue #2 did not come out until August 6th with issue #3 due for September 4th, but now it hasn't been released yet. What's the Delay? Issue #4 is due out November 6th, by the time DC and Dark Horse get through with this cross-over of Superman/Aliens, another six years will have gone by. So get with it guys! Lets not have to wait a life-time for another cross-over with Superman and the Hulk! It all ready took my entire life to see this classic Clash Made possible!(1961).

Simon Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Simon Williams

Buy the comic, if You live in NY, buy it at Forbidden Planet, that's where I got mine, and all my comics, lol. It's a good comic.

The Man of Yesteryear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay, I was able to find their fights on the internet, Hulk didn't "win" win. In their first encounter he broke Superman's grip causing him to go flying into space. Superman was completely fine afterwards. In their second encounter Superman was dominating the Hulk but they were interrupted by Lex Luthor.

The Man of Yesteryear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But I guess that would qualify as a win, so I think I owe you an apology lol.

Although it is a non-canon crossover and can't be used in a debate.

Simon Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Simon Williams
"Okay, I was able to find their fights on the internet, Hulk didn't win. In their first encounter he broke Superman's grip causing him to go flying into space. Superman was completely fine afterwards. In their second encounter Superman was dominating the Hulk but they were interrupted by Lex Luthor."
Dude, read the comic. Hulk knocked him unconscious. In their second encounter Superman didn't hold back and took it to the Hulk, it was a pretty even battle until lex interfered. Just read the comic, and stop using the internet because you make yourself look bad, having to comic book logic, and using the internet.
The Man of Yesteryear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Simon Williams said:
"Okay, I was able to find their fights on the internet, Hulk didn't win. In their first encounter he broke Superman's grip causing him to go flying into space. Superman was completely fine afterwards. In their second encounter Superman was dominating the Hulk but they were interrupted by Lex Luthor."
Dude, read the comic. Hulk knocked him unconscious. In their second encounter Superman didn't hold back and took it to the Hulk, it was a pretty even battle until lex interfered. Just read the comic, and stop using the internet because you make yourself look bad, having to comic book logic, and using the internet."
I just read the comic via the internet lol, He didn't knock him out.
Here is their first encounter:

Simon Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Simon Williams
"Simon Williams said:
Dude, read the comic. Hulk knocked him unconscious. In their second encounter Superman didn't hold back and took it to the Hulk, it was a pretty even battle until lex interfered. Just read the comic, and stop using the internet because you make yourself look bad, having to comic book logic, and using the internet."
I just read the comic via the internet lol, He didn't knock him out.
Here is their first encounter:

"
You only posted two scans of there first battle, wow. I'm done with you until You read it.
The Man of Yesteryear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uhhhh.... What else did Hulk do to Superman in their first encounter? Just name the page # please.

Simon Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Simon Williams
"Uhhhh.... What else did Hulk do to Superman in their first encounter? Just name the page # please."
Nope read it, lol.
The Man of Yesteryear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm reading it right now lol. Here are the pages before and after the ones I posted: