User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GothamCiti
GothamCiti
GothamCiti
No Caption Provided

joewell
joewell

Rules:

End of Series Sokka and 2013 Captain Canuck are in character in a random encounter.

Sokka has his Jian Sword, Boomerang, and Wolf Armor and Captain Canuck has his high tech suit and batons.

Starting distance is 30 ft.

Win by KO or Death.

No Caption Provided

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Sweet. I'll have an intro up tonight.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

tag

GothamCiti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By GothamCiti
Avatar image for naturallygifted
NaturallyGifted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tag me for voting please.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gothamciti: Let'sa Go!

Introducing, Captain Canuck!

No Caption Provided

CAPTAIN CANUCK is the quintessential Canadian. A leader with strength, wisdom, humility and the ability to not take himself too seriously. Sincerity, integrity and candour are displayed in all his actions. As a hero, he takes the non-violent approach if possible but if forced to, he can defend himself with extreme prejudice. Canuck has been granted strength and speed exceeding the world’s best athletes, and he is an expert at hand to hand combat. Possessing an Eidetic Memory he is able to learn new fighting styles simply by watching. With his futuristic armour and weapons Canuck is the man for any job.

The Official Captain Canuck Description

Stats

Due to enhancements in his body by nanomachines son Captain Canuck (Real Name: Tom Evans) has the speed, strength, and durability of a comic book "Peak Human."

Gear

Captain Canuck has a small arsenal of high tech gear that is said to be hundreds of years beyond Mr. Gold's own already futuristic cybernetics. This includes...

Thanks a lot to this respect thread for creating some of the gifs I used in this opener and introducing me to Captain Canuck in the first place.

The Fight

I'll wait until after your intro to give my main thoughts on the battle, but there are some things I'd like to question Sokka's ability to counter from the get go.

• How will he react to and defend against Canuck's Stun Rays and Energy Beams? Until you can prove otherwise they would most likely one shot or at the least heavily injure Sokka if unblocked. And considering Tom's rapid firing and impressive aim, that is a good possibility.
  • How will he compare in close combat? I know Sokka is a formidable fighter, but I would like to see proof of him being on Canuck's level. It's worth mentioning Canuck has already fought two well renowned swordsmen, while Sokka has never faced someone with Canuck's style of fighting and advanced weaponry.
  • How does Sokka manage to bring down Canuck at all? Close range seems unlikely, since CC is at least equal to the Water Tribe Warrior and has the greater technology and gear. Long range is even less so, considering Sokka's only weapon for it is his Boomerang(Though I'd be ok with you using some of the hand grenades he used in the Solstice.) which, while impressive, won't do too much to a man of Canuck's reactions and durability.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

...Sounds like Sokka's boned

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Joewell911

...Sounds like Sokka's boned

I hope it isn't that bad of a matchup. My memory on Sokka is a tad bit rusty.

@gothamciti If you feel like this is a stomp or something feel free to change characters. Maybe to someone like Zuko or another lower tier Avatar character, if you wish.

GothamCiti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By GothamCiti

It's looks like it's gonna be an uphill battle, but I'll try!

Sokka

No Caption Provided

Biography

Sokka is a Water Tribe member who was unable to bend any of the four elements of his universe, water, earth, fire, and air.

Despite this, he was the essential strategist for Team Avatar in the Hundred Year war and eventually a great warrior who would grow and gain new experiences from his journey with his sister Katara, and friends, Aang, Suki, Toph, and Zuko to defeat the Fire Lord Ozai.

Intelligence/Resourcefulness

This right here is truly Sokka's greatest strength. Sokka is very intelligent and is known for his strategical mind and ingenuity on and off battle. Since he is Team Avatar's official idea guy, Sokka is smart enough to come up with plans on the spot which can help him in his battle against Canuck.

Sokka was also able to use the terrain to pull himself up to a higher ledge to give himself an advantage.
Sokka was also able to use the terrain to pull himself up to a higher ledge to give himself an advantage.
During his duel with Piandao, Sokka was resourceful enough to block Piandao's use of his sword.
During his duel with Piandao, Sokka was resourceful enough to block Piandao's use of his sword.
Sokka is also cunning enough to throw sand in Piandao's eyes to Sokka's advantage.
Sokka is also cunning enough to throw sand in Piandao's eyes to Sokka's advantage.
Lastly, Sokka was able to efficiently come up with a plan to chop bamboo sticks in Piandao's path to slow him down while using the environment to his advantage.
Lastly, Sokka was able to efficiently come up with a plan to chop bamboo sticks in Piandao's path to slow him down while using the environment to his advantage.

Weapons/Abilities

Sokka is a highly accurate marksman through his signature weapon of a unique boomerang and a proficient swordsman through his Jian sword forged from a meteorite.

Boomerang:

No Caption Provided

Sokka's boomerang is not only unusually sharp and not noticeably fragile, but it also has the essential ability to always return to its owner.

It always comes back...
It always comes back...
The boomerang is sharp enough to easily cut through rope.
The boomerang is sharp enough to easily cut through rope.
The boomerang is also able to easily knockout an Earth Bender wearing a helmet.
The boomerang is also able to easily knockout an Earth Bender wearing a helmet.
Gets a direct hit on Mai's weapon and successfully comes back while still moving on Appa.
Gets a direct hit on Mai's weapon and successfully comes back while still moving on Appa.

Space Sword:

No Caption Provided

Sokka was trained in the art of swordsmanship from the highly skilled Master Piandao who is the most skilled non bender in the show and said to be skilled enough to defeat 100 Firebenders single handedly.

As the training when on, Sokka was soon able to easily best the student Fat in a duel.
As the training when on, Sokka was soon able to easily best the student Fat in a duel.
Sokka later would have a duel with Piandao himself. While Sokka eventually lost, Sokka showed great intelligence, agility, and resourcefulness which Piandao himself praised.
Sokka later would have a duel with Piandao himself. While Sokka eventually lost, Sokka showed great intelligence, agility, and resourcefulness which Piandao himself praised.

Strength

Sokka's Space Sword has also been shown consistently to be unusually strong in striking strength against various materials in the Avatar Verse.

^ Sokka's sword is able to easily slice through steel turrets.

Easily slices through rock.
Easily slices through rock.
And effortlessly cuts a metal platform while being thrown with one hand...
And effortlessly cuts a metal platform while being thrown with one hand...

The sword can thus keep up with Canuck's strength and pose a great threat to his durability.

Agility/Reflexes

Often highly underestimated, Sokka has still shown impressive reflexes and agility against skilled opponents which will be vital to survive against Canuck's own weapons.

A less skilled and experienced Book 1 Sokka was still agile enough to dodge fire bending from Zuko.
A less skilled and experienced Book 1 Sokka was still agile enough to dodge fire bending from Zuko.
Book 1 Sokka again manages to outrun and react to fire bending.
Book 1 Sokka again manages to outrun and react to fire bending.
Later in Book 2, a sleep deprived Sokka manages to outrun and chop down arrows shot by the highly accurate Mai.
Later in Book 2, a sleep deprived Sokka manages to outrun and chop down arrows shot by the highly accurate Mai.
Who can blitz several firebenders...
Who can blitz several firebenders...
with precise aim without killing them.
with precise aim without killing them.
Despite previously losing easily to the highly skilled Ty Lee while sleep deprived, Sokka is swift enough to dodge some of her blows in a rematch.
Despite previously losing easily to the highly skilled Ty Lee while sleep deprived, Sokka is swift enough to dodge some of her blows in a rematch.
After training with Piandao, Sokka is reflexive enough to dodge a surprise slash without warning.
After training with Piandao, Sokka is reflexive enough to dodge a surprise slash without warning.
During the duel , Sokka once again impressively avoids decapitation while his focus was distracted just in time.
During the duel , Sokka once again impressively avoids decapitation while his focus was distracted just in time.
Dodges a fire blast from the powerful Azula.
Dodges a fire blast from the powerful Azula.
Is capable of outrunning firebending boosted by Sozin's Comet while holding Toph.
Is capable of outrunning firebending boosted by Sozin's Comet while holding Toph.
Lastly, some more instances of Sokka blocking, ducking, and flipping around Piandao's attacks with his superior agility.
Lastly, some more instances of Sokka blocking, ducking, and flipping around Piandao's attacks with his superior agility.

Counters to Inital Thoughts:

No Caption Provided

How will he react to and defend against Canuck's Stun Rays and Energy Beams? Until you can prove otherwise they would most likely one shot or at the least heavily injure Sokka if unblocked. And considering Tom's rapid firing and impressive aim, that is a good possibility.

Sokka can outrun or block it with his sword as demonstrated in his duel with Piandao, Mai and versus other fire benders.

How will he compare in close combat? I know Sokka is a formidable fighter, but I would like to see proof of him being on Canuck's level. It's worth mentioning Canuck has already fought two well renowned swordsmen, while Sokka has never faced someone with Canuck's style of fighting and advanced weaponry.

In close combat, Sokka will use his agility, reflexes, and experience that he showcased against the skilled Zuko, Mai, Ty Lee, and Piandao to hold his own against Canuck.

Vice versa, Canuck has also never experienced an opponent as creative and resourceful as Sokka himself.

Sokka being an intelligent and crafty warrior will be capable of devising strategies mid combat, and will also take advantage of the environment and sneaky tactics to hold his own against Canuck if things get too difficult rather than having a straight forward duel.

No Caption Provided

How does Sokka manage to bring down Canuck at all? Close range seems unlikely, since CC is at least equal to the Water Tribe Warrior and has the greater technology and gear. Long range is even less so, considering Sokka's only weapon for it is his Boomerang(Though I'd be ok with you using some of the hand grenades he used in the Solstice.) which, while impressive, won't do too much to a man of Canuck's reactions and durability.

Sokka has a strong possibility of simply cutting threw Canuck's own batons and armor based on the ease of which Sokka is able to slice through the tough metals of his world and how Canuck has not displayed durability feats against piercing attacks.

Sokka is also capable of using the boomerang in close quarters to target Canuck's vulnerable face for a KO.

What's extra impressive is how Sokka managed to react mid bending.
What's extra impressive is how Sokka managed to react mid bending.

For long range, Sokka can adapt by using his boomerang to target and mess with the jetpack itself from behind since Canuck will likely underestimate it, and is shown to be stealthy.

No Caption Provided

If all else fails, Sokka can wait out Canuck in the air by running around, or hiding in the trees until the jetback or lasers get over heated.

Lastly, since your allowing the use of the hand grenades, I'll point out that the smoke released from it can be used by Sokka as a distraction.

How many counters do you want us to have? @joewell

WF_Mxyzptlk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Something of an uneven matchup, but T4V.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gothamciti: 2 to 3 is how many I usually do.

Counters-Round 1

No Caption Provided

Sokka can outrun or block it with his sword as demonstrated in his duel with Piandao, Mai and versus other fire benders.

If it were only one or two, I'd agree. But Canuck can take out 6 thugs in little over a second with these things.

No Caption Provided

While it's possible for Sokka to block them, he'd be very hard pressed to do so. It would provide an adequate distraction and good way of keep Sokka on edge and at a distance.

As for blocking the hand beams, I doubt this. They are powerful enough to send Mr. Gold, who laughs off the stun guns, flying and shatter reinforced glass.

While he may be able to stop if from hitting his body, it could very well disarm him and leave him without his sword, which would be a huge disadvantage.

In close combat, Sokka will use his agility, reflexes, and experience that he showcased against the skilled Zuko, Mai, Ty Lee, and Piandao to hold his own against Canuck.

Vice versa, Canuck has also never experienced an opponent as creative and resourceful as Sokka himself.

Sokka being an intelligent and crafty warrior will be capable of devising strategies mid combat, and will also take advantage of the environment and sneaky tactics to hold his own against Canuck if things get too difficult rather than having a straight forward duel.

It's fair enough to say he can hold his own, at least temporarily. But it's worth mentioning some advantages Canuck has in close combat.

1. With strength like Tom's, he can easily one shot Sokka here. He has plenty of showings proving such (breaking through metal and one shotting mercenaries) and it would only take one slip up for this to happen. On the other hand, nothing short of a fatal stab will Canuck down, which I doubt Sokka will pull off the bat with his morals.
  2. Even if a straight punch or baton strike isn't a possibly, a close range energy blast would also do well to turn the tables. It also wouldn't be incredibly hard to land. Sokka swings his sword, Canuck blocks with a baton, and blasts him with is free hand from a foot away. At this range, Sokka hasn't a chance to defend. And while he may survive, he'll be injured enough so that Canuck could quickly end it.
  3. If Canuck can get a hold of Sokka with a grapple or something, it's game over. All it would take is for CC to dodge one of his attacks and grab his hand. From there, he either strips him of his weapon, KOes him with a punch, or throws him a dozen feet to put him out. This is a tactic he was able to use against the skilled and agile assassin, Blue Fox.
No Caption Provided

As for Sokka's intelligence, I honestly don't see it saving him here. It clearly didn't against Piandao, who Canuck is just as skilled and and better equipped.

What exactly do you see Sokka doing(Other than the things you mentioned already.)? I doubt any of the things he did against Piandao will work. Dust in the eyes would fail due to Canuck's sensors, branches being used would do next to nothing as Tom can either dodge or ignore them, and Sokka's boomerang tricks would be dodged or tanked. He honestly doesn't have many options here.

It's also worth mentioning he isn't getting anywhere to catch a break and think. With Canuck's greater travel speed, sensors, and trackers, he'll be able to constantly stay on Sokka.

Sokka has a strong possibility of simply cutting threw Canuck's own batons and armor based on the ease of which Sokka is able to slice through the tough metals of his world and how Canuck has not displayed durability feats against piercing attacks.

Nope, not at all. Sokka's sword was unable to break Piandao's while Canuck's weaponry is leaps and bounds above anything in the Avatarverse. His batons have been able to hold up against slashes from Blue Fox, whose sword stabbed into the concrete floor, and the superhuman Mr. Gold.

As for piercing resistance of his suit, he can leap through a window without a single scratch, where a normal human would be all cut up.

No Caption Provided

Now I'm not saying Sokka can't cut through at all, but it's not as easy as you're making it. And he definitely isn't getting through the batons if he can't break a sword from his own comparably primitive universe.

Sokka is also capable of using the boomerang in close quarters to target Canuck's vulnerable face for a KO.

For long range, Sokka can adapt by using his boomerang to target and mess with the jetpack itself from behind since Canuck will likely underestimate it, and is shown to be stealthy.

If all else fails, Sokka can wait out Canuck in the air by running around, or hiding in the trees until the jetback or lasers get over heated.

Lastly, since your allowing the use of the hand grenades, I'll point out that the smoke released from it can be used by Sokka as a distraction.

1. I'm curious as to why you think Canuck couldn't dodge or tank it. He's blunt force resistance is well above that of normal humans and his reactions are clearly good enough to. I could also see Canuck disarming Sokka before he can throw it, He done so to a soldier with a gun, and that takes far less time to fire.
  2. This terrain doesn't exactly favor that type of attack. It's a heavily wooded forest. Unless Sokka stays in the river clearing, something he is unlikely to do based on the strategies he used against Piandao, a sneaky boomerang attack is implausible. Captain Canuck could also just see or hear the boomerang and dodge.
  3. First off, that's most likely not even a thing that can happen. Once again, Canuck's tech is far more advanced than an already futuristic society. Secondly, Sokka isn't running or hiding from anyone here due to Canuck's sensors, trackers, and greater speed and mobility.
  4. Once again, sensors will prevent the smoke from doing much. And Canuck could also chuck the grenades back, the same way he did to a much larger bomb.

GothamCiti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By GothamCiti

Ok, lets have 3 counters total.

Counters (cont.)

TAKE THAT!
TAKE THAT!

If it were only one or two, I'd agree. But Canuck can take out 6 thugs in little over a second with these things.

I will argue the thugs themselves weren't very skilled, especially the two remaining thugs on the right who still stood there while it took a moment for Canuck to refire.

The difference is the opponents Sokka survived and reacted to were high tier peak humans and Sozin Comet boosted Firebenders who should honestly be capable of defeating these mooks as well.

As for blocking the hand beams, I doubt this. They are powerful enough to send Mr. Gold, who laughs off the stun guns, flying and shatter reinforced glass.

Except reaching out his hand just also leaves Canuck vulnerable for Sokka to slice them off. Blocking isn't necessarily all Sokka will do against Canuck.

While he may be able to stop if from hitting his body, it could very well disarm him and leave him without his sword, which would be a huge disadvantage.

Disarming is also a possibility for Sokka like how he did against Fat.

And even so, there's nothing stopping Sokka from reacting against further attacks eventually grabbing his sword again.

Sokka still reacted against a strike from Piandao disarmed and mostly could have continued dodging and running away if the fight wasn't interrupted by the Gaang.

No Caption Provided

One of Sokka's most enduring traits is his persistance which has let him to fight longer than one would initially suggest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bL3O9yIulI

Such as his first fight against Zuko. It originally consisted of Less Skilled Sokka getting 2 shotted and having his club thrown away, but he never gave up, and continued to drag out the fight by grabbing the club again and later fighting with a spear plus boomerang to ultimately land a good hit on Zuko despite the skill gap. So Sokka won't give up easily if disarmed.

With strength like Tom's, he can easily one shot Sokka here. He has plenty of showings proving such (breaking through metal and one shotting mercenaries) and it would only take one slip up for this to happen. On the other hand, nothing short of a fatal stab will Canuck down, which I doubt Sokka will pull off the bat with his morals.

Except Sokka's willing to kill with his morals in character.

https://youtu.be/tWJzENvAsZw?t=97

While preparing for the battle on Sozin's Comet, Sokka chastises Aang for not killing Melon Lord and nonchalantly cuts off the melon's head as a example for Aang. This shows Sokka would have been desensitized enough to actually kill Ozai given the chance if he didn't feel it was Aang's destiny.

https://youtu.be/NqLW7D2P1HE?t=69

When encountering Azula at the Boiling Rock, Sokka clearly had no issue trying to kill her by outright going for a decapitating slash and later another strike that missed by 2 inches away from Azula's face.

Luckily for Sokka, there's no TV-Y7 censors in this match to limit him.

Even if a straight punch or baton strike isn't a possibly, a close range energy blast would also do well to turn the tables. It also wouldn't be incredibly hard to land. Sokka swings his sword, Canuck blocks with a baton, and blasts him with is free hand from a foot away. At this range, Sokka hasn't a chance to defend. And while he may survive, he'll be injured enough so that Canuck could quickly end it.

What makes you think Sokka would continue staying in his pose? If Canuck tries to use his free hand, Sokka can then react to move is sword away into a new manevor for blocking or severing it.

Plus, Sokka can still duck like how he has demonstrated multiple times against close range attacks from Piandao.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

If Canuck can get a hold of Sokka with a grapple or something, it's game over. All it would take is for CC to dodge one of his attacks and grab his hand. From there, he either strips him of his weapon, KOes him with a punch, or throws him a dozen feet to put him out. This is a tactic he was able to use against the skilled and agile assassin, Blue Fox.

I could say the same thing for Sokka. All he needs is one proper sword strike to Canuck and Canuck will get killed or severely mutilated. Or Sokka hits him directly in the face with his boomerang. This is a tactic he was able to use against the powerful and durable assassin Sparky Sparky Boom Man to kill him.

As for Sokka's intelligence, I honestly don't see it saving him here. It clearly didn't against Piandao, who Canuck is just as skilled and and better equipped.

I will argue Piandao is more skilled than Canuck because Piandao was able to deal with a far greater magnitute of soliders than Canuck, and Sokka was still able to survive for more than 2 minutes through assets like intelligence, versitility, and creativity which is more important beyond mere skill to be a great swordsman as explained by Piandao.

https://youtu.be/hlC2dVz_Vx0?t=111

What exactly do you see Sokka doing(Other than the things you mentioned already.)? I doubt any of the things he did against Piandao will work. Dust in the eyes would fail due to Canuck's sensors, branches being used would do next to nothing as Tom can either dodge or ignore them, and Sokka's boomerang tricks would be dodged or tanked. He honestly doesn't have many options here.

It's also worth mentioning he isn't getting anywhere to catch a break and think. With Canuck's greater travel speed, sensors, and trackers, he'll be able to constantly stay on Sokka.

Sokka has a possibility of damaging his sensors since he has targeted the face before.

No Caption Provided

And I don't see how Sokka easily pulling him self up in the waterfall ledge wouldn't still put Canuck at a disadvantage in close quarter combat since Sokka has a vantage point to see and jump over Canuck's attacks.

Sokka could maybe splash the water in the river with his sword to distract and catch Canuck off guard, or short circuit his suit, since Canuck relies to heavily on his technology powered suit.

Nope, not at all. Sokka's sword was unable to break Piandao's while Canuck's weaponry is leaps and bounds above anything in the Avatarverse. His batons have been able to hold up against slashes from Blue Fox, whose sword stabbed into the concrete floor, and the superhuman Mr. Gold.

Sokka's sword is still more powerful than even a modern steel sword anyways.

Piandao's sword being unable to break only proves Piandao's sword is impressive because even Zuko's Dao swords showed a lower performance against concrete rocks Sokka is easily capable of slicing down.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

And the Space Sword has also stabbed a concrete floor which isn't as impressive as slicing off a metal platform strong enough to support at least 2 people or more with a single hand throw.

No Caption Provided

Space Sword's feats are more numerous, whereas there isn't much to go by for Blue Fox's swords and Mr Gold's punch which would probably also be blocked by the sword.

I'll also remind you Canuck's batons still got cut by Blue Foxes blades

No Caption Provided

Sokka, being a critical thinker can quickly pick up on this and devise a strategy of at least wearing out the batons with his superior weapon.

As for piercing resistance of his suit, he can leap through a window without a single scratch, where a normal human would be all cut up.

I wouldn't say that's piercing resistance... the shards didn't even land or break against him. I would qualify that as a blunt durability feat that's also replicable by other peak humans.

Now I'm not saying Sokka can't cut through at all, but it's not as easy as you're making it. And he definitely isn't getting through the batons if he can't break a sword from his own comparably primitive universe.

It's still a possibility Captain Canuck still has no true defense for. And Blue Foxes sword still appeared to be a normal katana despite being in a technolgically advanced universe.

I'm curious as to why you think Canuck couldn't dodge or tank it. He's blunt force resistance is well above that of normal humans and his reactions are clearly good enough to. I could also see Canuck disarming Sokka before he can throw it, He done so to a soldier with a gun, and that takes far less time to fire.

It's simple. Sokka's boomerang was able to harm Combustion Man who was able to:

Tank punches and kicks from a Peak human Zuko
Tank punches and kicks from a Peak human Zuko
Leaps off around 100 feet without any trouble
Leaps off around 100 feet without any trouble
Tanks icicle shards without any cuts or injury
Tanks icicle shards without any cuts or injury

Yet was knocked on his ass by Sokka's boomerang.

No Caption Provided

And was dazed and groggy afterwards.

Also since Canuck was KO'd by a kick from Blue Fox (who appeared to be peak human), I'll assume Canuck's exposed lower face is a weak point Sokka can target even at close range for a KO at best, or unsteadyness at worst to give Sokka the opportunity to slash him.

No Caption Provided

And like I showed earlier, the boomerang is stealthy.

Zuko is able to hear and react to arrows from behind.

No Caption Provided

Yet, the boomerang was able to sneak up on not only Zuko, but Mai, Ty Lee, An Earthbender, and Combustion Man without being heard.

The sensors won't help since they've been shown to only sense objects in Canouck's front POV.

And Sokka will probably start off with the boomerang throw at the 30 ft starting point before Canuck can reach him. Plus, since the batons aren't bladed, they have no chance of destroying the boomerang and can be retrieved if knocked way (but unlikely).

This terrain doesn't exactly favor that type of attack. It's a heavily wooded forest. Unless Sokka stays in the river clearing, something he is unlikely to do based on the strategies he used against Piandao, a sneaky boomerang attack is implausible. Captain Canuck could also just see or hear the boomerang and dodge.

It's still possible for Sokka to spend some time in the river clearing since he's shown to still use his environment to his advantage. Plus a sneak attack with the boomerang is still possible since Sokka tagged Zuko with the boomerang after Zuko already dodged it and forgot about it.

And like I said earlier, Canuck won't be able to hear it.

First off, that's most likely not even a thing that can happen. Once again, Canuck's tech is far more advanced than an already futuristic society. Secondly, Sokka isn't running or hiding from anyone here due to Canuck's sensors, trackers, and greater speed and mobility.

Just cause something is advanced doesn't mean it's the next adamantium. Sokka's blade is still strong. And Sokka can run or hide from him by either damaging the sensors through his sword or the river water.

Plus, I'll point out Canuck has never used the jetpack in an actual fight so I don't think that's an option he'll abuse if use at all.

Once again, sensors will prevent the smoke from doing much. And Canuck could also chuck the grenades back, the same way he did to a much larger bomb.

The bomb could lower Canuck's guard through coughing from the smoke. And Sokka could target the area near him instead for area of range and feinting (something Sokka wouldn't be above doing due to being a combat pragmatist).

Okay tag! @joewell

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gothamciti:

Counters-Round 2

I will argue the thugs themselves weren't very skilled, especially the two remaining thugs on the right who still stood there while it took a moment for Canuck to refire.

The difference is the opponents Sokka survived and reacted to were high tier peak humans and Sozin Comet boosted Firebenders who should honestly be capable of defeating these mooks as well.

The point wasn't that he can defeat the mooks. I was proving how fast and accurately Canuck can fire his stun blasters.

Except reaching out his hand just also leaves Canuck vulnerable for Sokka to slice them off. Blocking isn't necessarily all Sokka will do against Canuck.

Real quick, with two opponents of roughly equal speed, what's gonna take longer; For someone to reach out with their hand and think or someone to swing a sword?

By the time Sokka would have slashed him, he'd already be laid out.

Eh. He blocks far more often than he dodges. Without knowledge, he'd probably do that first, and that would be all it takes.

Disarming is also a possibility for Sokka like how he did against Fat.

And even so, there's nothing stopping Sokka from reacting against further attacks eventually grabbing his sword again.

Sokka still reacted against a strike from Piandao disarmed and mostly could have continued dodging and running away if the fight wasn't interrupted by the Gaang.

One of Sokka's most enduring traits is his persistance which has let him to fight longer than one would initially suggest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bL3O9yIulI

Such as his first fight against Zuko. It originally consisted of Less Skilled Sokka getting 2 shotted and having his club thrown away, but he never gave up, and continued to drag out the fight by grabbing the club again and later fighting with a spear plus boomerang to ultimately land a good hit on Zuko despite the skill gap. So Sokka won't give up easily if disarmed.

It's unlikely. Canuck is more skilled than Fat and it is a lot harder to disarm someone of batons.

Yes, there is. He isn't survive against Canuck for long unarmed. He'd hardly keep up with his sword, he isn't staying a flaot without it.

He reacted sloppily and fell down. He falls here and will be blasted or punched out.

Difference here is it'll only take one shot to put Sokka down.

Except Sokka's willing to kill with his morals in character.

https://youtu.be/tWJzENvAsZw?t=97

While preparing for the battle on Sozin's Comet, Sokka chastises Aang for not killing Melon Lord and nonchalantly cuts off the melon's head as a example for Aang. This shows Sokka would have been desensitized enough to actually kill Ozai given the chance if he didn't feel it was Aang's destiny.

https://youtu.be/NqLW7D2P1HE?t=69

When encountering Azula at the Boiling Rock, Sokka clearly had no issue trying to kill her by outright going for a decapitating slash and later another strike that missed by 2 inches away from Azula's face.

Luckily for Sokka, there's no TV-Y7 censors in this match to limit him.

There's a difference.

Sokka knows that those are bad people. He knows they have killed and would kill him. Here, he knows nothing. His opponent isn't even using deadly force on him. Sokka wouldn't go for the kill blow from the get go.

What makes you think Sokka would continue staying in his pose? If Canuck tries to use his free hand, Sokka can then react to move is sword away into a new manevor for blocking or severing it.

Plus, Sokka can still duck like how he has demonstrated multiple times against close range attacks from Piandao.

Because he won't have time to do anything else. You're thinking with the mindset that Sokka is either faster than Canuck or his energy takes time to charge, neither of which are true.

He doesn't have knowledge Canuck's hand will fire energy. He has no reason to duck.

I could say the same thing for Sokka. All he needs is one proper sword strike to Canuck and Canuck will get killed or severely mutilated. Or Sokka hits him directly in the face with his boomerang. This is a tactic he was able to use against the powerful and durable assassin Sparky Sparky Boom Man to kill him.

On the gripping him part? Not at all. Canuck can easily break out of Sokka's grip.

But again, he won't start with killing blows against someone he has no knowledge on that isn't even trying to kill him.

Calling BS there. The Boomerang isn't what killed Combustion Man. It only blocked his Chi so that when he tried to use his bending he exploded.

Loading Video...

He quickly got up from the boomeramg itself.

And Canuck can once again dodge.

I will argue Piandao is more skilled than Canuck because Piandao was able to deal with a far greater magnitute of soliders than Canuck, and Sokka was still able to survive for more than 2 minutes through assets like intelligence, versitility, and creativity which is more important beyond mere skill to be a great swordsman as explained by Piandao.

When Piandao show that?

Survive is the key word. He never landed a hit and was constantly on the run.

Sokka has a possibility of damaging his sensors since he has targeted the face before.

And I don't see how Sokka easily pulling him self up in the waterfall ledge wouldn't still put Canuck at a disadvantage in close quarter combat since Sokka has a vantage point to see and jump over Canuck's attacks.

Sokka could maybe splash the water in the river with his sword to distract and catch Canuck off guard, or short circuit his suit, since Canuck relies to heavily on his technology powered suit.

And Canuck could easily dodge, the same way Piandao did.

Jetpack, silly. And put himself up there would make it harder to defend his own legs, which Canuck could more easily take out now.

You're making up weaknesses again. There's no reason to believe Canuck's incredibly advanced suit has vulnerabilities even current society has surpassed.

Sokka's sword is still more powerful than even a modern steel sword anyways.

Piandao's sword being unable to break only proves Piandao's sword is impressive because even Zuko's Dao swords showed a lower performance against concrete rocks Sokka is easily capable of slicing down.

But not Canuck's high tech weaponry.

Piandao's sword is normal strengthened metal. There is no way that is more durable than Canuck's weapons when they have been able to defend against sword strikes from superhumans.

I'll also remind you Canuck's batons still got cut by Blue Foxes blades

Sokka, being a critical thinker can quickly pick up on this and devise a strategy of at least wearing out the batons with his superior weapon.

That actually proves my point well. Sokka's sword may get about as far as Blue Fox's did, but it's not in any way going all the way through quickly.

That's possible, but it isn't going to happen before Canuck can take him out.

I wouldn't say that's piercing resistance... the shards didn't even land or break against him. I would qualify that as a blunt durability feat that's also replicable by other peak humans.

I'd like to see any actual person go through a window without a couple cuts. It's not happening.

It's still a possibility Captain Canuck still has no true defense for. And Blue Foxes sword still appeared to be a normal katana despite being in a technolgically advanced universe.

But it won't happen before Canuck can put Sokka down in one of the numerous ways I've mentioned.

Blue Fox didn't go through Canuck's batons. And it was able to also defend against Mr. Gold's sword, which was not only clearly advanced but was wielded by a cyborg with superhuman strength.

Yet was knocked on his ass by Sokka's boomerang.

The only reason that did shizz to him is because it hit his Third Eye. Anywhere else and he'd shrug it off just like Canuck will.

Also since Canuck was KO'd by a kick from Blue Fox (who appeared to be peak human), I'll assume Canuck's exposed lower face is a weak point Sokka can target even at close range for a KO at best, or unsteadyness at worst to give Sokka the opportunity to slash him.

That's a feat for Blue Fox, not a bad showing for Canuck.

I doubt Sokka will land it with Captain Canuck's skill and reactions.

Yet, the boomerang was able to sneak up on not only Zuko, but Mai, Ty Lee, An Earthbender, and Combustion Man without being heard.

The sensors won't help since they've been shown to only sense objects in Canouck's front POV.

And Sokka will probably start off with the boomerang throw at the 30 ft starting point before Canuck can reach him. Plus, since the batons aren't bladed, they have no chance of destroying the boomerang and can be retrieved if knocked way (but unlikely).

The only way the boomerang is doing anything at all is if it his his exploded face. It can't do that if it's sneaking around back.

Canuck can simply snap the boomerang like a twig after he either catches it or is hit and shrugs it off. He done it to guns.

It's still possible for Sokka to spend some time in the river clearing since he's shown to still use his environment to his advantage. Plus a sneak attack with the boomerang is still possible since Sokka tagged Zuko with the boomerang after Zuko already dodged it and forgot about it.

And like I said earlier, Canuck won't be able to hear it.

Listen. Once boomerang can throw people 20+ feet I might think it can distract Canuck. Until then, it isn't doing anything unless it hits an unexposed area (Which Canuck can see and defend.).

Just cause something is advanced doesn't mean it's the next adamantium. Sokka's blade is still strong. And Sokka can run or hide from him by either damaging the sensors through his sword or the river water.

Plus, I'll point out Canuck has never used the jetpack in an actual fight so I don't think that's an option he'll abuse if use at all.

No, but it'll logically be stronger than a normal sword from medieval times.

Neither are plausible.

He's never needed too like he would here.

The bomb could lower Canuck's guard through coughing from the smoke. And Sokka could target the area near him instead for area of range and feinting (something Sokka wouldn't be above doing due to being a combat pragmatist).

I guess. But none of this would lead to paths Canuck couldn't recover from like most the strategies Canuck could employ.

GothamCiti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By GothamCiti

Final Counters

This CaV felt like a tough Phoenix Wright game :P
This CaV felt like a tough Phoenix Wright game :P

The point wasn't that he can defeat the mooks. I was proving how fast and accurately Canuck can fire his stun blasters.

But my point is Sokka can react to his blasters since he has speed far beyond those mooks.

Canuck won’t be as accurate with Sokka who’ll actually make an effort.

Real quick, with two opponents of roughly equal speed, what's gonna take longer; For someone to reach out with their hand and think or someone to swing a sword?

By the time Sokka would have slashed him, he'd already be laid out.

Eh. He blocks far more often than he dodges. Without knowledge, he'd probably do that first, and that would be all it takes.

Sokka was trained by Piandao to view the sword as an extension of his hand, so it shouldn’t be difficult for Sokka to swing his longer sword at a faster rate based on his training.

No Caption Provided

Canuck has consistently slowly raised his hand when using the beam which gives Sokka plenty of time to react.

Since Sokka isn’t stupid, he won’t let his guard down if Canuck tries to reach out for him and can indeed slice it.

Blocking or ducking is only an option if worse comes to worst (but unlikely).

It's unlikely. Canuck is more skilled than Fat and it is a lot harder to disarm someone of batons.

Even though Fat isn’t as skilled, how is it harder to disarm one with a baton? All Sokka needs to do is target Canuck’ arms holding the handles just the same as a sword which is still possible for him.

Yes, there is. He isn't survive against Canuck for long unarmed. He'd hardly keep up with his sword, he isn't staying a flaot without it.

His boomerang can be strategically thrown around Canuck to momentarily distract him while Sokka runs or crawls for his sword if disarmed.

No Caption Provided

He reacted sloppily and fell down. He falls here and will be blasted or punched out.

He still avoided getting slashed and recovered quickly himself. Plus we’ve seen Sokka still duck and get back on his feet earlier in the match.

No Caption Provided

And Sokka will likely have destroyed the blasters by the time he gets in close quarter combat because he’ll realize how game changing they are.

And Sokka can roll or flip around either.

Difference here is it'll only take one shot to put Sokka down.

Which Sokka will avoid through his persistence to not give up.

There's a difference.

Sokka knows that those are bad people. He knows they have killed and would kill him. Here, he knows nothing. His opponent isn't even using deadly force on him. Sokka wouldn't go for the kill blow from the get go.

Except Azula hasn’t killed anyone directly, and non Comet boosted fire bending has been shown to severely wound at worst.

Sokka went straight for the kill just because she was dangerous.

Since Sokka would quickly realise by the time he’s in close quarters how dangerous Canuck is especially compared to typical Avatar fodder, he won’t hold back.

Because he won't have time to do anything else. You're thinking with the mindset that Sokka is either faster than Canuck or his energy takes time to charge, neither of which are true.

He doesn't have knowledge Canuck's hand will fire energy. He has no reason to duck.

But Sokka has shown above average reflexes against more skilled opponents, which Canuck is no exception.

And Canuck’s hand beam did take a couple seconds to knock back Mr Gold (who was just arrogant and cocky enough to tank it), and destroy the glass (which can’t fight back).

Like I said earlier, Sokka still has a reason to be suspicious, and since Canuck has been shown to reach out slowly, Sokka should indeed have enough time to duck or better yet slice off Canuck’s hand.

On the gripping him part? Not at all. Canuck can easily break out of Sokka's grip.

But again, he won't start with killing blows against someone he has no knowledge on that isn't even trying to kill him.

Calling BS there. The Boomerang isn't what killed Combustion Man. It only blocked his Chi so that when he tried to use his bending he exploded.

I meant that strategy won’t be as easy as you’re making it out to be. Canuck has ways to put Sokka down, but Sokka can also efficient kill Canuck with a proper sword slash that’s bound to happen in both a sword fight or in the extra close grappling range.

Canuck won’t be likely to grab Sokka’s hands since their already holding the sword, and Canuck will mutilate his hands if he’s foolish enough to grapple the Space Sword itself.

Plus, since the boomerang was directly responsible blocking the chi, it was also responsible for killing Combustion Man when he tried to bend.

He quickly got up from the boomeramg itself.

And Canuck can once again dodge.

Combustion Man still got up groggily with his vision blurred. The moment of unsteadiness is what will put Canuck at a disadvantage.

And Sokka can use it as a distraction as well.

When Piandao show that?

Survive is the key word. He never landed a hit and was constantly on the run.

It was on his official bio from an official but now defunct official Avatar website from Nick.com

http://kr.turbonick.nick.com/shows/avatar/index.jhtml

To navigate to Piandao’s bio, click on one of the circles to the right that says Sokka’s Master, then click on Characters, and then Piandao.

I’ll still post it below.

The greatest sword master and sword maker in Fire Nation History, Piandao was born to two Firebenders. Ashamed that their only son wasn't a bender, his parents left him on the doorsteps of an orphanage. Growing up, Piandao was a nervous and agitated child, but he showed interest in the arts and enjoyed painting and calligraphy. It helped him relax and focus his mind. At the age of 10, Piandao attended Fire Nation boys' camp where his natural talent with the sword was recognized. He furthered his studies in the army, where he developed a vicious and fearsome sword fighting style. Piandao fought many battles for the Fire Nation and won them all. But after several years of fighting, Piandao lost his taste for war and wanted to become a more enlightened person. So he left the army and traveled the world for many years, studying under a variety of benders, warriors, and artisans. He then returned to the Fire Nation and settled in the town of Shu Jing. One day, the Fire Nation army came to arrest him for deserting the army. In a legendary battle, Piandao defeated all one hundred soldiers and the army has never bothered him again.

Piandao is rumored to be a member of the Order of the White Lotus, but it cannot be confirmed.

So surviving against a guy like Piandao who could have decapitated him at least 3 times is still impressive.

And Canuck could easily dodge, the same way Piandao did.

Jetpack, silly. And put himself up there would make it harder to defend his own legs, which Canuck could more easily take out now.

Which Canuck won’t bother resorting to unless Canuck is falling to his death or travelling to some location.

Sokka can still easily defend his legs with a higher advantage such as against Piandao.

You're making up weaknesses again. There's no reason to believe Canuck's incredibly advanced suit has vulnerabilities even current society has surpassed.

And you’re making an assumption that Canuck’s suit is water proof specifically because it’s advanced when the suit isn’t even advanced enough to be insulated from electricity.

No Caption Provided

It all depends on the modern day tech object. For example, many recent laptops and smartphones like the Iphone 6 Plus aren’t waterproof. Canuck’s suit hasn’t demonstrated anything specifically to rule out the possibility.

Also, now that I think about it, Sokka can likely blind Canuck through strategically reflecting sunlight from his sword which Mr. Gold similarly used to blind Canuck enough to disarm a baton.

No Caption Provided

But not Canuck's high tech weaponry.

Piandao's sword is normal strengthened metal. There is no way that is more durable than Canuck's weapons when they have been able to defend against sword strikes from superhumans.

Piandao is said to be the best sword maker in the Avatar Verse, so his blade should be above average with the usual swords.

And I will argue Sokka’s sword will keep up because Piandao described Sokka’s sword having unique properties from the unusual material which is particularly durability and keenness.

For all their super strength, Canuck and Mr.Gold haven't displayed notable striking strength with their swords compared to the blunt force of their punches.

That actually proves my point well. Sokka's sword may get about as far as Blue Fox's did, but it's not in any way going all the way through quickly.

That's possible, but it isn't going to happen before Canuck can take him out.

Except Sokka’s sword has numerous feats that suggest otherwise, and can happen especially with repeated slashes and blocking that Sokka can manage by simply holding his own.

I'd like to see any actual person go through a window without a couple cuts. It's not happening.

In real life, the glass would shatter to multiple smaller shards and land on the person unless moving fast enough.

In Captain Canuck, the glass breaks into several big chunks that don’t even land on him, so I don’t see how the chunks floating nearby Canuck were in any way close to piercing him without his armor.

And even taking it into account, bits of glass shards falling without any real force aren’t comparable to even actual swords which can easily cut wood whereas glass bits would just sit.

But it won't happen before Canuck can put Sokka down in one of the numerous ways I've mentioned.

Blue Fox didn't go through Canuck's batons. And it was able to also defend against Mr. Gold's sword, which was not only clearly advanced but was wielded by a cyborg with superhuman strength.

The baton still getting cut which is indication that Sokka’s sword with superior striking strength will surpass it with a handful more slashes.

The only reason that did shizz to him is because it hit his Third Eye. Anywhere else and he'd shrug it off just like Canuck will.

When a chunk of rock thrown at great speeds by Toph hit the eye it only mildly irritated him, whereas Sokka’s boomerang had the force to knock him off his feet.

https://youtu.be/EGh3NrjMrFs?t=125

Like Combustion Man, Canuck will be most vulnerable only while they’re recovering and off balance which Sokka will exploit in the heat of the fight.

That's a feat for Blue Fox, not a bad showing for Canuck.

I doubt Sokka will land it with Captain Canuck's skill and reactions.

It still shows a weak spot for Sokka to exploit.

And I doubt Canuck will react to it at close range since the boomerang was flying at speeds faster than Aang running with airbending

No Caption Provided

The only way the boomerang is doing anything at all is if it his his exploded face. It can't do that if it's sneaking around back.

Listen. Once boomerang can throw people 20+ feet I might think it can distract Canuck. Until then, it isn't doing anything unless it hits an unexposed area (Which Canuck can see and defend.).

The boomerang is sharp, so it should at least knock Canuck off balance at worst. Canuck was knocked back by a normal kick from Blue Fox and knocked outside the window from an energy enhanced punch despite tanking them so I refuse to believe Canuck would be completely unmoved.

And Sokka is also capable of distracting Canuck until it silently swerves around his face or hits him from behind which will momentarily surprise and knock him off balance for Sokka to seize the opportunity to slash him.

Canuck can simply snap the boomerang like a twig after he either catches it or is hit and shrugs it off. He done it to guns.

Not likely, the boomerang is fast and like a bladed discus while spinning. Canuck hasn’t broken a sharp object like a sword mid strike.

No, but it'll logically be stronger than a normal sword from medieval times.

Neither are plausible.

But Sokka’s sword isn’t ordinary in the real or even the Avatar world at all considering it’s forged from a fictional meteorite that’s unique and stronger than other swords shown such as Zukos.

He's never needed too like he would here.

The jetpack could have made the fights against Blue Fox and Mr. Gold a lot easier but Canuck flat out never used them in a combat scenario. Canuck wouldn’t feel the need to use the jetpack since he’ll underestimate Sokka and especially the boomerang.

I guess. But none of this would lead to paths Canuck couldn't recover from like most the strategies Canuck could employ.

Since Canuck’s guard can be lowered, he won’t get the time to recover while Sokka resourcefully attacks with the distraction.

Final Thoughts

Sokka can outlast Canuck through his agility/reflexes, tenaciousness, and critical thinking through quick observations and being cautious of his his opponents abilities.

The environment can also be utilized by Sokka to prolong survival and gain surprise advantages like using the sun light off a sword to blind, splashing river water to distract or short circuit his technology powered suit, or cutting off trees to slow or distract Canuck.

The technolgical gap shouldn't be an issue since Sokka can adapt to his opponent, and his sword has shown impressive striking damage to suggest being able severely harm Canuck and wearing down his weapons over time.

His boomerang should also serve as a decent distraction and a potential game changer to give Sokka an opening against Canuck regardless if it hits his face or not.

So Sokka should win in a tough fight.

I hope I did a decent enough representation for Sokka in a match like this

Loading Video...

Tag @joewell

Avatar image for fernandeztimothygian
fernandeztimothygian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tag me for votes.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gothamciti: This has been a fun one! And I think you did great, bro.

Final Counters

No Caption Provided

But my point is Sokka can react to his blasters since he has speed far beyond those mooks.

Canuck won’t be as accurate with Sokka who’ll actually make an effort.

I said that he could react most of the time in my post. For the most part, the blasters won't be used as a way to get Sokka out of the game, but to keep him distracted and run his stamina down. He can't go offense if he's constantly blocking and dodging and he'll eventually slip up and get tagged or be tired enough that Canuck can land a blow.

Sokka making an effort doesn't make Canuck any less accurate. The shots will still be well aimed enough so that Sokka will have to try to defend against them.

Sokka was trained by Piandao to view the sword as an extension of his hand, so it shouldn’t be difficult for Sokka to swing his longer sword at a faster rate based on his training.

Canuck has consistently slowly raised his hand when using the beam which gives Sokka plenty of time to react.

Since Sokka isn’t stupid, he won’t let his guard down if Canuck tries to reach out for him and can indeed slice it.

Blocking or ducking is only an option if worse comes to worst (but unlikely).

That makes no sense. Just because he uses his sword in a skillful manner doesn't mean he can break contact with Canuck, reach all the way around, and attack his hand before Tom can put his palm out and think.

He did because he could in that scenario. He knows he doesn't have such luxuries here and will move as fast as possible, which Sokka shouldn't be able to stop.

He isn't getting hit because he let his guard down, he's getting hit because he isn't any faster than Canuck and the action he is required to take logically takes longer.

Honestly, he really has no options at all. To me, this is still an extremely viable and likely way Canuck can take this fight.

Even though Fat isn’t as skilled, how is it harder to disarm one with a baton? All Sokka needs to do is target Canuck’ arms holding the handles just the same as a sword which is still possible for him.

Because it is far harder to gain leverage against a baton because of the way he holds them.

It's possible, sure, but far less likely than the reverse happening.

His boomerang can be strategically thrown around Canuck to momentarily distract him while Sokka runs or crawls for his sword if disarmed.

That would distract him for what? Half a second? Assuming it's even usable this deep in the fight, it wouldn't keep Canuck occupied long enough for Sokka to clear 15 feet. If Sokka loses his sword he gets stun blasted or KOed with a baton.

He still avoided getting slashed and recovered quickly himself. Plus we’ve seen Sokka still duck and get back on his feet earlier in the match.

And Sokka will likely have destroyed the blasters by the time he gets in close quarter combat because he’ll realize how game changing they are.

And Sokka can roll or flip around either.

Here he won't get that chance though. He falls down and is put out.

How is he doing that? He can't get up close while the blasters are out and they won't be out while he's up close. He might try something with the boomerang, but I doubt that has the power to destroy normal metal alone. Even if he did, the hand beam is still an option.

Sure, for a little. But without a weapon he won't be able to block. Eventually, Canuck will corner and take Sokka out.

Which Sokka will avoid through his persistence to not give up.

At first, but Canuck will quickly overcome this with his superior stats and greater weaponry.

Except Azula hasn’t killed anyone directly, and non Comet boosted fire bending has been shown to severely wound at worst.

Sokka went straight for the kill just because she was dangerous.

Since Sokka would quickly realise by the time he’s in close quarters how dangerous Canuck is especially compared to typical Avatar fodder, he won’t hold back.

Exactly. Canuck here is not dangerous to him. He is not trying to kill him. He is just going for a subdue, so Sokka will most likely be doing the same.

But Sokka has shown above average reflexes against more skilled opponents, which Canuck is no exception.

And Canuck’s hand beam did take a couple seconds to knock back Mr Gold (who was just arrogant and cocky enough to tank it), and destroy the glass (which can’t fight back).

Like I said earlier, Sokka still has a reason to be suspicious, and since Canuck has been shown to reach out slowly, Sokka should indeed have enough time to duck or better yet slice off Canuck’s hand.

It matters not when he can't avoid it at such close quarters.

It took less than a second. Once Sokka realises this beam is a threat, it'll already have hit him.

I highly disagree. But we'll see what the voters think.

I meant that strategy won’t be as easy as you’re making it out to be. Canuck has ways to put Sokka down, but Sokka can also efficient kill Canuck with a proper sword slash that’s bound to happen in both a sword fight or in the extra close grappling range.

Canuck won’t be likely to grab Sokka’s hands since their already holding the sword, and Canuck will mutilate his hands if he’s foolish enough to grapple the Space Sword itself.

Plus, since the boomerang was directly responsible blocking the chi, it was also responsible for killing Combustion Man when he tried to bend.

It also won't be as hard as you're trying to make it. Once again, it's a very possible and efficient strategy that can and might happen.

Sokka usually doesn't use two hands to use the sword.

But it didn't overcome his durability like you're making it seem. It hit him in a weak point. It'd be like using kryptonite on Superman then claiming that it can injure Batman the same way.

Combustion Man still got up groggily with his vision blurred. The moment of unsteadiness is what will put Canuck at a disadvantage.

And Sokka can use it as a distraction as well.

It won't do that to someone of Canuck's durability. The only reason it happened to SSBM is because of the Third Eye thing.

Sure, for a half second when he's has the time to reach and get it (Which will rarely happen.).

It was on his official bio from an official but now defunct official Avatar website from Nick.com

So surviving against a guy like Piandao who could have decapitated him at least 3 times is still impressive.

Eh, I'd say Canuck could do the same and possibly even defeat him.

And since we're bringing official bios into this, let's see what they have to say about Canuck's opponents:

Very little information is available about the elusive and deadly mercenary known only as the Blue Fox. She is a highly skilled martial artist and master assassin. Approach with extreme caution!

What is known: She has a well-earned reputation as one of the world’s most dangerous and relentless assassins.

She is a master of disguise and stealth. Her targets never see her coming, and most often never know she was even there.

Her services are for sale to the highest bidder, but she remains a warrior without a master, constantly shifting her allegiances to suit her whims.

Her background remains a mystery, with conflicting reports from around the globe about the woman who might be behind that pitiless mask. Some say she studied for years in Japan, a student of a lost martial tradition. Others trace her roots to a series of world class robberies that have left international authorities baffled. Still others say she has no name, that she is the Kitsune mask, the living embodiment of the mystical trickster-god, a spirit of chaos, seeking vengeance on an ordered world.

Blue Fox is a master assassin with years of training and highly feared all around the world, very similar to Piandao.

MISTER GOLD is a mysterious Mad Man, bent on world domination. Being a billionaire industrialist, he is able to throw considerable resources against Canuck and his team. But what is his ultimate goal?

Gold’s style and easy charm mask his ruthlessness from public eyes. A master manipulator, Gold was educated at the finest schools, won a gold medal for Fencing at the Pan Am Games and later founded a weapons manufacturing empire.

And even Gold himself is a world class fencing gold medalist.

And Canuck was able to go toe to toe against both of these opponents.

Which Canuck won’t bother resorting to unless Canuck is falling to his death or travelling to some location.

Sokka can still easily defend his legs with a higher advantage such as against Piandao.

I doubt he'd just sit there and let Sokka have an advantage though.

Against two weapons at once? He won't be able to defend an area he can hardly reach with his singular sword against two attacks from someone as skilled and fast as him. Once Sokka goes to a high point, Canuck blocks his attacks and swipes out his legs before quickly ending the match.

And you’re making an assumption that Canuck’s suit is water proof specifically because it’s advanced when the suit isn’t even advanced enough to be insulated from electricity.

It all depends on the modern day tech object. For example, many recent laptops and smartphones like the Iphone 6 Plus aren’t waterproof. Canuck’s suit hasn’t demonstrated anything specifically to rule out the possibility.

Also, now that I think about it, Sokka can likely blind Canuck through strategically reflecting sunlight from his sword which Mr. Gold similarly used to blind Canuck enough to disarm a baton.

I'm making that assumption because it id the most logical thing. It has shown no weakness in the slightest to water and has no reason to be vulnerable to things that even we can make ourselves resistance too.

But things specifically made for combat and versatility would be.

Mr. Gold used a flashbang built into his monocul and it hardly did anything to Canuck. He was still quickly able to continue the fight. I doubt Sokka's jet black sword can even reflect sunlight efficiently.

Piandao is said to be the best sword maker in the Avatar Verse, so his blade should be above average with the usual swords.

And I will argue Sokka’s sword will keep up because Piandao described Sokka’s sword having unique properties from the unusual material which is particularly durability and keenness.

For all their super strength, Canuck and Mr.Gold haven't displayed notable striking strength with their swords compared to the blunt force of their punches.

Above average? Sure. Above technology thousands of years ahead of his? I doubt it.

That's because they've only been shown against other skilled warriors. When put against the normal person, Canuck one shots.

Except Sokka’s sword has numerous feats that suggest otherwise, and can happen especially with repeated slashes and blocking that Sokka can manage by simply holding his own.

It would take too long. Sokka would be defeated before all this wear and tear can happen.

When a chunk of rock thrown at great speeds by Toph hit the eye it only mildly irritated him, whereas Sokka’s boomerang had the force to knock him off his feet.

Like Combustion Man, Canuck will be most vulnerable only while they’re recovering and off balance which Sokka will exploit in the heat of the fight.

Good job! The boomerang can hit harder than a pebble. No where near one of Gold's Falcon Punches.

The chance of it hitting him in he first place is unlikely. And remember, after it fails one time it's probably going to be shattered.

It still shows a weak spot for Sokka to exploit.

And I doubt Canuck will react to it at close range since the boomerang was flying at speeds faster than Aang running with airbending

I'm 99% sure Aang wasn't running at full speed.

That throw took a lot more pull back than Sokka would have the time for at close range. If he leaves himself that open, he'll get a baton to the face.

The boomerang is sharp, so it should at least knock Canuck off balance at worst. Canuck was knocked back by a normal kick from Blue Fox and knocked outside the window from an energy enhanced punch despite tanking them so I refuse to believe Canuck would be completely unmoved.

And Sokka is also capable of distracting Canuck until it silently swerves around his face or hits him from behind which will momentarily surprise and knock him off balance for Sokka to seize the opportunity to slash him.

It's only sharp against inanimate objects :P

Both of those things are more powerful than the boomerang though. They can through people back several feet, unlike boomerang.

This is possible, yes, but probably won't happen. Most of the time, Canuck will get him before he even throws it. And I'd still believe Canuck could block that slash, even while dazed.

Not likely, the boomerang is fast and like a bladed discus while spinning. Canuck hasn’t broken a sharp object like a sword mid strike.

I was thinking more after it hit him and did nothing.

But Sokka’s sword isn’t ordinary in the real or even the Avatar world at all considering it’s forged from a fictional meteorite that’s unique and stronger than other swords shown such as Zukos.

But not strong than Piandao, who has just a normal well made sword.

The jetpack could have made the fights against Blue Fox and Mr. Gold a lot easier but Canuck flat out never used them in a combat scenario. Canuck wouldn’t feel the need to use the jetpack since he’ll underestimate Sokka and especially the boomerang.

Because they never had such an advantage against him.

Sokka can outlast Canuck through his agility/reflexes, tenaciousness, and critical thinking through quick observations and being cautious of his his opponents abilities.

The environment can also be utilized by Sokka to prolong survival and gain surprise advantages like using the sun light off a sword to blind, splashing river water to distract or short circuit his technology powered suit, or cutting off trees to slow or distract Canuck.

The technolgical gap shouldn't be an issue since Sokka can adapt to his opponent, and his sword has shown impressive striking damage to suggest being able severely harm Canuck and wearing down his weapons over time.

His boomerang should also serve as a decent distraction and a potential game changer to give Sokka an opening against Canuck regardless if it hits his face or not.

So Sokka should win in a tough fight.

None of that will be able to overcome Canuck's numerous advantages in strength, skill, and technology.

Those will do little more than prolong the inevitable and won't prevent Sokka from being defeated.

All those other things have been countered already.

And we're done now.

GG!

Should I get the callouts?

GothamCiti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By GothamCiti

@joewell: Thanks man. :) It certainly was interesting learning more about Canuck.

And you can open the voting now.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gothamciti: For some reason, I can't tag multiple people on mobile. I'll get everyobe next time I'm on my computer.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Think I gotta go with @joewell, Sokka's a bit out of his league here (though I do appreciate Sokka getting some respect)

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Thanks for voting!

Joe 1-0 Gotham

WF_Mxyzptlk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By WF_Mxyzptlk

I'll give my vote to @gothamciti:. While I dont think that sokka stands much of a chance here, I appreciate the effort he went through to make his case.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Amendment50

Interesting debate. @gothamciti did a bang-up job representing my home boy Sokka, but I think he was outmatched.

Vote goes to Canuck (@joewell). The consensus seemed to be that one blow could take Sokka down and I don't think there was any strong argument that Sokka could remain untouchable for the entire fight.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GothamCiti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GothamCiti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell: How bout we close voting with 10 votes?

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GothamCiti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll try to get in a vote tomorrow, thanks for the tag.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I vote for @joewell, he made a better case for his character, highlighting his physical advantages and picking out the weak points of his opponents character. @gothamciti did really well and in my eyes was up against the odds, but in the end he just missed out on proving how and why Sokka could take on the more dominant Canuck.

Credit to both debaters though, a well structured debate that was a good read. :)

Avatar image for fernandeztimothygian
fernandeztimothygian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I vote for @joewell.

I believe @gothamciti was a better debater but could not prove why Sokka could beat Canuck no matter how good he could debate. Its just a mismatch and Joewell was very well informed.

GothamCiti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My vote goes to @joewell.

Thanks for voting, but do you mind going more in depth?

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting debate. @gothamciti did a bang-up job representing my home boy Sokka, but I think he was outmatched.

Vote goes to Canuck (@joewell). The consensus seemed to be that one blow could take Sokka down and I don't think there was any strong argument that Sokka could remain untouchable for the entire fight.

This. Realistically speaking, Sokka shouldn't even last that long in the fight, Canuck was clearly more experienced and far more skilled based off the people he fights and his experiences, the fact that he was physically superior to Sokka doesn't really help his case much either. Plus Sokka would be facing so much technology that he is not familiar with. His intelligence and resourcefulness won't help him there all things considered.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gothamciti: For the reasons already mentioned. I wish you had picked up a stronger character for this.

GothamCiti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp said:

GothamCiti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By GothamCiti

Welp, I know when I'm beaten.

The winner is...

No Caption Provided

Captain Canuck!

Final Vote Tally:

Captain Canuck/joewell: 6

Sokka/GothamCiti: 1

Looking back, I gotta admit I overestimated Sokka, but it was nonetheless interesting debating with him, and it's nice to see most liked my representation for the top underdog.

Anyways, thanks to everyone who voted, and congrats @joewell! :)