CaV: Meliodas (Jucaslucasa) vs Ryuko Matoi (Just Banter)

Avatar image for deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99
deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Meliodas:

No Caption Provided

Represented by @jucaslucasa.

VS

Ryuko Matoi:

No Caption Provided

Represented by @just_banter.

Rules:

• Win by death, KO, or incapacitation;
  • In character;
  • Standart Gear;
  • Random Encounter;
  • This is Pre-Kisaragi Ryuko and Full Powerered Meliodas.

No Caption Provided

Lejon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can you tag me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lejon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@just_banter: So, you go first or do I?

You can go first I guess. I won't be able to post for a little while anyway.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WF_Mxyzptlk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ooh boy. T4V.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meliodas, the Dragon's Sin of Wrath:

No Caption Provided

Bio:

Meliodas is the Captain of "The Seven Deadly Sins", and is a 3000 year demon that uses a very short human form, for some reason.

His team was accused of betraying the Kingdom they protected, and so they had to run away. And he became the owner of a bar for quite some time before coming back to the fight to demons and stuff.

Powers and Abilities:

So, since he was too powerful, one of his companions decided to steal most of his strenght to keep everyone safe in case he went mad and started murking everyone, you know, Sin of Wrath and stuff.

He was depowered for most of the series, but he got his powers back some time ago. I'll show feats from his both forms to give an idea of how stronger he's now, and do some powerscaling, since he lacks feats with his full power.

Depowered Meliodas:

Even though he had only 10% of his full power, Meliodas was still a huge powerhouse. Capable of keeping up with the strongest Holy Kingts in the Kingdom.

Here, he shows his immense strenght by cutting a hill in half with a twig, and he doesn't even seem to be going all out:

He's so strong that he can destroy an entire castle and a magic barrier around it, just by arm wrestling with Ban:

Loading Video...

The dragons that thet guy mentioned were said to be able to destroy entire towns by themselves:

No Caption Provided

As for speed, he can easily move faster than other characters with super speed can see:

No Caption Provided

Take Elizabeth out of the path of a shockwave while it's pretty close to her:

No Caption Provided

And even react to lightning multiple times:

This should be enough to prove that Meliodas is a pretty strong character in this form, but he gets even stronger when he gets his powers back.

Full powered Meliodas:

So, for this part I'll have to use something I really don't like...Powerlevels.

I don't really see the point of throwing numbers to know that the villains are strong, if they are going to solo all of the protagonists at the same time, but, wathever.

Well, I'll just let the manga explain it, then:

As you can see, depowered Meliodas power level is 3370.

He can use his Sacred Treasure Lostvayne to make clones of himself that have a lower Power Level:

So, everything was peaceful after they managed to make everyone believe that they weren't traitors.

And then, this guy appeared:

No Caption Provided

And, yeah, they got wrecked pretty hard:

Notice that Meliodas, who can cut hills in half with a twig, is using a sword and isn't even scratching him. And he's getting tagged like nothing, even though he can react to lightning with ease.

One of the other Sins, Merlin, tried to BFR Galan with teleportation and he just jumped out of her range before she could even use the spell on him:

She can teleport people between cities that are hundreds of kilometers away from each other, so his speed is just ridiculous.

Then, they manage to trick him and make him leave. Later, Meliodas manages to get his full power back, and he becomes almost 10 times stronger:

No Caption Provided

Being way stronger now, he decides to face Galan by himself, and the result is the opposite of the last fight:

Galan can't even touch him while going all out.

Then, Meliodas proceeds to cut his body so fast, that Galan couldn't even see him, much less move to defend himself:

This shows how much stronger Meliodas became.

Demon Form:

He can use some shadows that appear aroud his body to amp himself, although it makes him loose contrl of his actions.

It makes him able to make some constructs, gives him good regeneration and makes him 3 times stronger:

When he loses control, he can make a super shadow of death that can destroy entire kingdoms in one attack:

No Caption Provided

The result:

No Caption Provided

Full Counter:

This is a special ability that basically reflects any attack coming at his direction, but mainly energy and magical attacks.

The first time he used, he deflected an attack from a Holy Knight and sent him flying pretty far:

Loading Video...

He can use it with his Sacred Treasure Lostvayne to make clones and deflect multiple attacks coming at him:

@just_banter: I don't really know anything about your character, so that's it for now.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jucaslucasa: It'll happen, don't worry. I just couldn't find this one GIF that explains the healing factor so I've had to watch the entire show again. I should post within the coming days.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SamJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darth_Wayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Darth_Wayne

T4V, go captain for Diane! (I mean that ugly white haired princess)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V, go captain for Diane! (I mean that ugly white haired princess)

Bro, Diane is King's girl.

Darth_Wayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@jucaslucasa: I refuse to believe! King is awesoke, but ugly.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darth_wayne: Dude, King's swag is just too great.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for naturallygifted
NaturallyGifted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@jucaslucasa: Hello friend please tag for voting once this is all over :), one nitpick though (only minor don't worry) when you say "Shadows" are you referring to the black flames that appear around Meliodas' body once he is in his Demon form? because if so they aren't called "Shadows" they are the same substance as the "Enchantment Hellblaze" which are in fact Black flames. But as i said before please tag me once voting is open. :)

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Neat. t4v

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jucaslucasa: Okay, lets get into this!

No Caption Provided

Meet Ryuko:

Ryuko is a high schooler who was on the hunt for the person who killed her father. As things progress her story gets a bit intense and hard to explain in a couple sentences so I'll just say one thing. She a school girl who's physically linked with a sentient piece of space clothing, and her weapon is a giant scissor. Good? Good.

Warning:

For anyone faint at heart - or anyone who'd be reading this in a public setting - this CaV is going to include a whole heck of a lot of titties and half naked people. You've been warned.

Cool music to listen too when punching people:

Loading Video...

Powers and Abilities:

Ryuko for all intents and purposes isn't 100% human, she's a hybrid between human and clothing. Yes, you heard that right, she's half clothing. As a result of this, she has a nifty healing factor to work with.

Here she gets chopped in half and is able to completely heal the injury and come back to continue fighting a couple seconds later. It's not on Ban's level or anything, but it is impressive. And on top of this, there's a rule that goes with her healing factor. The rule is such:

In order to properly bisect her in a way that she cannot heal from, she has to be cut twice in the same place from different angles. If you're confused, do you know why Ryuko uses a giant pair of scissors to fight? Well, it's because of that. It's also the reason why Ragyo attempted to completely bisect her in the last GIF. This isn't my way of implying that Mel can't do any lasting damage btw. This is my way of saying Mel's gonna need to figure this out before he can win.

There's a GIF explaining it properly for the sake of backing up my word, however I could't find it. If you don't trust my word it's fine to ask for it, and I'll keep looking.

Whilst Ryuko's healing factor is certainly nice, it goes hand in hand with her ridiculous physicals.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Whilst still a bit of a scrub, she's strong enough to easily leave huge gashes in concrete with single slashes and is fast enough to leave numerous after images.

No Caption Provided

In terms of speed I'll leave this here to help bolster the point I'm making. That right there is the speed of a fat kid who put on a 1 star Goku uniform (the uniform made him lose like 70 pounds instantly, you know, space magic and stuff). These people are the fodder of the verse. And by fodder

No Caption Provided

I mean fodder. Here Ryuko just pimp slaps 7 of them down at once. This is Ryuko about 3 minutes into the series, before she's done anything or linked up with Senketsu. To put things into perspective, if normal Ryuko is a 100, this Ryuko would be a 1, if not lower. I don't have any straight proof of this but it's clearly demonstrated in the show. That Ryuko gets slapped around by 2 star users, whilst by the end of the series they're practically nonexistent to her.

Ryuko has much, much greater speed feats but I'll leave it here for now seeing as this is just an opener.

When Ryuko and Satsuki cam to blows, the shockwaves that emanated from their attacks were both ridiculous and hilarious at the same time. Suffice to say, Ryuko is far from weak. Also note that pretty much everyone they were blowing away were 1 star users who were more powerful than the fat kid shown earlier.

No Caption Provided

Here, Ryuko cuts two buildings clean in half from several kilometres away. Also note the range that the slash had.

Now, I already know that these feats should allow Ryuko to duel with Mel, but I also know that with just these, Mel would far and away hold the advantage in strength. However, these are nowhere near her most impressive physical feats, just like with speed. Unfortunately, you're gonna have to wait to see those ones. Just know, that she very much can hold her own physically against Mel.

And in terms of durability, Ryuko is very much on the high end.

No Caption Provided

Here she effortlessly deflects a slash from Nui, which causes a huge explosion after being deflected away. To give a scale for the sheer size of the explosion, the ship they're standing on is called the "S.S Naked Sun." And the ship is quite frankly enormous.

No Caption Provided

The ship is easily multi city block in size, and the attack that Ryuko ever so casually deflected away completely dwarfed the ship in scope. What you make of this is up to you, but simply put, it's gonna take an awful lot to make Ryuko give.

Since it's just an opener I'll keep it short and not give away too much, so I'll leave the abilities as is for now.

Initial considerations:

I firmly believe that this will be a battle of physicals as opposed to wits and strategy, and I feel as though you'll agree with that sentiment. As such, I'm not going to have a strategy, and if I do, it'd be "keep swinging until Mel stops moving."

On the whole, I'd say that Mel would hold the advantage in terms of pure physical strength, although that advantage is very, very slim. On the other hand, Ryuko should hold a considerable advantage in terms of speed. With the two being pretty balanced in terms of other stuff, such as Ryuko's healing and flight, and Mel's Lostvayne and Full Counter. At the end of the day, this is pretty much going to be a battle of physicals, and in that battle, I believe that Ryuko would come out on top.

Of course, this is under the impression that you're going to stick with feats that were out prior to this debate starting, and not ones that will appear during (such as the one in the most recent chapter), as that would make things somewhat difficult for me. If you wish to use recent feats however, I suppose that's fine as well :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Counters:

Regeneration:

Ryuko for all intents and purposes isn't 100% human, she's a hybrid between human and clothing. Yes, you heard that right, she's half clothing. As a result of this, she has a nifty healing factor to work with.

Here she gets chopped in half and is able to completely heal the injury and come back to continue fighting a couple seconds later. It's not on Ban's level or anything, but it is impressive. And on top of this, there's a rule that goes with her healing factor. The rule is such:

In order to properly bisect her in a way that she cannot heal from, she has to be cut twice in the same place from different angles. If you're confused, do you know why Ryuko uses a giant pair of scissors to fight? Well, it's because of that. It's also the reason why Ragyo attempted to completely bisect her in the last GIF. This isn't my way of implying that Mel can't do any lasting damage btw. This is my way of saying Mel's gonna need to figure this out before he can win.

There's a GIF explaining it properly for the sake of backing up my word, however I could't find it. If you don't trust my word it's fine to ask for it, and I'll keep looking.

That's a rather interesting kind of regen, but how does it works against things such as kicks and punches? What if he cuts her in pieces im multiple places at once?

And he has a pretty nice way of countering her regen: Hellblaze.

Here he uses it on Ban, when he tried to steal Mel's sword:

Loading Video...

Although it eventually healed, that's the only scar he has:

No Caption Provided

And his regen is rather op:

No Caption Provided

Even though it only caused a small scar, Meliodas can use it on larger areas and with much more power, as I already showed in the introduction.

Stats:

Whilst Ryuko's healing factor is certainly nice, it goes hand in hand with her ridiculous physicals.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The first one is good, but after images are pretty standart super speed stuff.

I'd say that is inferior than moving faster than the eye can see (I maybe wrong, though), which is something that even depowered Mel does pretty constantly:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The second one is nice, but nothing really comparable to depowered Meliodas splitting a hill in half with twig:

And even fodder Holy Knights apprentices can do similar things to what Ryuko did, pretty casually:

And this works as a speed feat for Mel too.
And this works as a speed feat for Mel too.

In terms of speed I'll leave this here to help bolster the point I'm making. That right there is the speed of a fat kid who put on a 1 star Goku uniform (the uniform made him lose like 70 pounds instantly, you know, space magic and stuff). These people are the fodder of the verse. And by fodder

No Caption Provided

I mean fodder. Here Ryuko just pimp slaps 7 of them down at once. This is Ryuko about 3 minutes into the series, before she's done anything or linked up with Senketsu. To put things into perspective, if normal Ryuko is a 100, this Ryuko would be a 1, if not lower. I don't have any straight proof of this but it's clearly demonstrated in the show. That Ryuko gets slapped around by 2 star users, whilst by the end of the series they're practically nonexistent to her.

As I said before, after images are pretty easy stuff. That should be supersonic at best.

And you said they are nothing to her at the end os the series, but you're not using the version of her at the end of the series, right?

Anyway, Meliodas has better quantificable speed feats. Like reacting to lightning multiple times:

No Caption Provided

Blitzing the hell out of Galan:

The same guy that could casually jump out of Merlin's teleportation range before she could even finish the spell:

She can teleport people between cities:

The city she teleported them was 186 miles away from the place they initally were:

No Caption Provided

Galan can move this kind of distance before she even finishes using her spell. And he can't even see Meliodas moving.

So, yeah, easily some thousands of machs.

Ryuko has much, much greater speed feats but I'll leave it here for now seeing as this is just an opener.

You'd better use those feats, because this is not looking good for her...

Here, Ryuko cuts two buildings clean in half from several kilometres away. Also note the range that the slash had.

Aside from the range, that's not really impressive. Nowhere near cutting a hill in half with a twig.

Heck, this guy I'm going to show is a Holy Knight apprentice. Holy Knights are so weak compared to Meliodas, that he can easily solo hundreds at the same time. This guy is not even good enough to be a Holy Knight. He's fodder...of fodder.

And he can do this pretty casually:

No Caption Provided

And in terms of durability, Ryuko is very much on the high end.

No Caption Provided

Here she effortlessly deflects a slash from Nui, which causes a huge explosion after being deflected away. To give a scale for the sheer size of the explosion, the ship they're standing on is called the "S.S Naked Sun." And the ship is quite frankly enormous.

No Caption Provided

The ship is easily multi city block in size, and the attack that Ryuko ever so casually deflected away completely dwarfed the ship in scope. What you make of this is up to you, but simply put, it's gonna take an awful lot to make Ryuko give.

The angle makes it pretty hard to get the size of the explosion. It could be smaller or bigger than it looks.

Anyway, that's good and all, but Meliodas surpassed this kind of thing a long time ago.

Remember the Galan guy that he lolstomped? Yeah, he can do this pretty casually:

No Caption Provided

Again, way easier to quantify and more visually impressive as well.

Demon Powers, again:

I already showed in the introduction him using this attack, but I'll post more anyway.

This is a pretty good way of completely disintegrating Ryuko, and it's extremely hard to avoid.

What he did in Danafor, he did in Edinburgh too:

No Caption Provided

The result:

No Caption Provided

Although is not as large as the other one, it's pretty deep:

No Caption Provided

Considerations:

You'd better get your best feats, because Meliodas, from what was shown, is way stronger, faster, more durable and can deny her healing factor with no problem.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yo tag a brotha for this.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Nelomaxwell
Lejon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

KingZod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V. And may I just say this is interesting to say the least, Mel is on a completely different tier than Ryuko but anyways, I'm here to see who debates better :)

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingzod: who do you think is the higher tier?