Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By HeirToTheKingdom

@sophia89

I guess i'll start this off.

I don't know a whole lot on Ares, so I won't really debate as of yet, but more so show what the God of war brings to this fight, which I might add will most likely be too much for even the God killer Kratos to handle. This will be a great battle nevertheless, and neither opponent is going to come out unscathed.

Just so you get an idea of how powerful Ares is, here is how Iron Man see's his power level.

No Caption Provided

Although that obviously isn't true, as Ares would go down hard to that group, it still shows how powerful other beings in the Marvel universe view him, and let's be honest, on Marvel earth there is only a certain amount of characters that can fight Ares h2h and come out on top. Ares's strength is up there with the mid level powerhouses, although there is some instances where he can fight the mightiest of them. To better showcase this, here are some feats of strength from Ares.

Ares has sufficent enough strength to go toe to toe with Skaar, Hulk's son who is extremely strong, although not as much as his father, he's still a lot stronger than someone like Kratos.

Why does strength come in when these two wield wield weapons? Well Kratos and Ares are wielding weapons so all there strength will be forced against each others weapons, which is where Ares exceeds at. He's more stronger than Kratos by a good margin in my opinion, and should be full capable of overpowering Kratos whenever their weapons meet. That is quite an advantage which will allow him to likely take a quick win over Kratos.

Ares axe has the capabilities to cut through durable things, so I beg to ask, how durable is Kratos weapons? Can they be destroyed? Regardless Ares should have no trouble cleaving through Kratos with his axe as he's done so to much more durable beings. An example that comes to mind was when he cleaved through Sentry's side in Seige.

No Caption Provided

The Sentry's durability may be inconsistent at times, as is a lot of Marvel characters, but it's still well above Kratos's and he didn't have any trouble slicing right through him.

It's pretty obvious that both Ares and Kratos are capable of cutting each other with their respective weapons, but it should be noted that these two both hone incredible strength. What if this fights goes the same way as Kratos VS Hercules in God Of War did, and relies mostly on brute strength? If that's the case I believe Kratos has the higher durability and can take more powerful blows and walk them off, and let me tell you, Kratos is going to have a hard time putting Ares down using physical strength. He may be incredibly strong, but I don't think he strikes nearly as hard as he is strong. Ares's durability will allow him to take Kratos's worse blows and keep fighting, here is a prime example of this.

No Caption Provided

That was from what I would describe as a punch from sentry who was on the verge to going Void, and look how Ares took such a strike, although he had loads of blood sprouted from his mouth, he lands as if the attack didn't do much to him. He has a very high pain tolerance which is going to allow him to take loads of punishment, he is the god of war after all.

One last thing I want to touch upon is Ares's agility despite his size. He is quite swift, and coupled with his strength he can accomplish some impressive things, like easily taking out Iron Man suits. He's so strong he literally takes one out by stepping on his head, although the feat itself is how he shows his speed taking out multiple Iron Man amours while on his way down from the air.

No Caption Provided

With that I think Ares is quite quick despite his size.

I'll end my opener there, your turn.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By HeirToTheKingdom
leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks good

No worries i am 17

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jacthripper
leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kratos may be a little more stronger than I suspected.

Oni_Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tag 4 voting

HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By HeirToTheKingdom

@sophia89:

Kratos seems quite strong, but nearly as strong as Hercules is, nor enough to actually compete with the God of war. Ares as I've said has strength to compete with some of Marvel's physically strongest heroes and villains, some who would demolish Kratos easily in that regard. I believe if Kratos and Ares disposed of their weapons, Ares would obtain an easy win due to the big strength difference, and due to the fact that he can walk away from punishment Kratos can't deal enough of in time. Even with weapons Kratos will get overpowered, possibly even have his weapons destroyed by Ares's axe in the process. A couple of well placed slashes is going to finish the God killer.

Ares has even overpowered Hercules at a time using nothing more than his physical strength.

And we all know that Hercules is vastly more stronger than Kratos, some feats of his below.

One could say he only overpowered Hercules due to the fact that he's more skilled, but it would take loads of strength to pull that off either way. I don't see what's stopping Ares from putting Kratos in a head lock like that and simply snapping his neck like Kratos did Poseidon in God Of War. It's something that is likely to happen, and if it did there isn't much Kratos could do stop it. Let me get on to the weapons you bring now.

• The Blade of Olympus

Ares's axe can also kill Gods, which in the GOW universe equals "immortals"

• The Blade of Exile

You say this blade can cut through copper, quite a nice blade, but nothing compared to what Ares's axe can cut through. Ares's axe hasn't met anything it couldn't cut through, and I mean anything. I've been looking through Ares appearances and he hasn't been up against anything he couldn't cut with that axe unless it's some form of magical shield or something, Kratos isn't stopping it. ( The only way it's been stopped is destroying the wooden part he holds, but not the actual axe ) I don't see Kratos weapons standing up to it at all as it has one feat which blows everything Kratos's blades done out of the water. That feat is cutting though the Chaos King. ( Being who was more powerful than Skyfather's at the time )

No Caption Provided

Ares even used it to keep a portal ( From Eden ) open which sort of defies logic as portals aren't even physical. Eden even says he's the only one who can open or close his portals, which makes the feat so much more better.

No Caption Provided
  • Nemean Cestus

Even with that Ares still strikes harder than Kratos, and still is going to overpower him. Yes it makes Kratos strike harder, but it doesn't add anything to his physicals, so Ares is still a lot stronger. What's stopping him from grabbing Kratos from the arms tossing him, and than cutting him from the forearm down, rendering him useless and the battle over? Something Ares would do, and if you don't believe me, here is Ares going for the killing blow against Nate Grey (A hero), if Nate didn't stop him, he'd be dead.

No Caption Provided
  • Boot's of Hermes

With that Ares is faster i'll give you that, but Ares has tagged Marvel's Hermes with a nailgun. Marvel's Ares is a lot faster by the way.

• Army of Hades

An army is nothing to the God of War, it's kind of what he fights all the time. Undead ones too.

• Chrone's rage

He's tanked lightning from Marvel Zeus, how powerful is his?

• Head of Helios

Can I see how this works?

• Poseidon's Rage

He's tanked lightning from Marvel Zeus, how powerful is his?

A lot of your versatility isn't going to work, so it's basically weapon and strength against each other which Ares has him beat in both.

Counter Battle plan

Kratos has a very good tactical mind it allowed him to kill the hydra which had an insane healing factor,and Hermes who was really fast(much faster than Kratos at the time),etc

That's impressive and all, but a tactical mind isn't going to help him against Ares. A hydra is big and slow, he has time to maneuver, dodge hide and think of a plan, and Hermes was toying with him and didn't really have the damage output to do Kratos harm. Ares on the other hand is Kratos's superior in every way, and is a lot smaller so avoiding him will be harder, not to mention he goes for the killing blow.

Ares is strong no doubt(85 tonner)but Kratos at the very least rivals him in strength(Tried to find how strong is he exactly with no luck :/ But he did show strength feats to make him a 100+ tonner),so when they clash Ares will be the one pushed.

He does not rival Ares, nor does he have the strength to compete. If it wasn't for his skill, this wouldn't be much of a match for Ares. I've shown Ares fighting Hercules and overpowering him temporary. Hercules has strength capable of pulling whole islands, Ares is going to push Kratos.

Ares's Axe is truly powerful,I can't honestly say if Kratos's weapons can withstand them or no,but like I pointed out Kratos isn't a mindless guy he won't keep clashing his weapons with a weapon that can break them.

Well he can't clash his weapon if it's destroyed, he won't know Ares weapon is more durable and will most likely have it destroyed early on.

Using his superior speed and strength Kratos will force Ares to release his axe(And as seen in Age Of Ultron Ares's Axe can be used by other warriors).

Kratos may be faster, but he's not strong enough damage in time. He tries to fight Ares head on, and he'll die. Since that's how he fights, he'll die.

So Ares's Axe will be Kratos's weapon by the end of the fight :P

Kratos will be dead beforehand.

As to how he will hurt Ares before getting the AXE,simple Cronus's rage followed by punches from nemean cesteus till Ares's grip loosens,then Kratos will grab the weapon.

As to how he will kill Ares,simple:

He can kill him with the blade of Olympus which can kill immortals.

Beheading using Ares's own Axe.

A savage beating,like the ones he gave Zeus and Poseidon.

All wouldn't work because everything I said above.

Your turn.

Avatar image for tremble_in_fear
tremble_in_fear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ares stomps

HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts