CAV: Goku and Vegeta vs Superman and Wonder Woman - REDUX

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

READ:

This is not an open thread. CAV means "Challenge A Viner," it is a private debate between myself and another user. When the debate is finished anybody can come in and vote on who provided the better arguments, NOT which team they believe wins. Until then, PLEASE do not post your thoughts on the battle or interfere at all. My opponent and I decided to make a new thread to avoid all the clutter in the other one. We will be re-posting our exact arguments and then continuing where we left off.

Goku and Vegeta, Protectors of the Universe
Goku and Vegeta, Protectors of the Universe
Superman and Wonder Woman, Protectors of the... Universe
Superman and Wonder Woman, Protectors of the... Universe

It's the Super Saiyan Warriors of Dragon Ball going head-to-head with DC's Man of Steel and Princess of the Amazons. It's a match to go down in legends, who will come out on top in this Earth-shattering power brawl of galactic proportions? Four of the most powerful fighters in the universe, going head, to head, to head, to head.

• Morals on
  • No knowledge
  • Anime versions of Goku and Vegeta, including all filler and canon movies
  • Pre and New 52 versions of Superman and Wonder Woman
  • Battle on the planet of the Kais
  • TO THE DEAD
No Caption Provided

Goku and Vegeta - @nickzambuto

Superman and Wonder Woman - @the_man_with_questions

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By comicace3

Alright tag me for votes. Oh and do goku and vegetation some justice.this sound like a cool battle.

Avatar image for the_man_with_questions
The_Man_With_Questions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for justsomerandomkid
JustSomeRandomKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tag me for voting after this is done.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By renamed040924

@the_man_with_questions As an avid fan of Dragon Ball AND the man of steel, I've wanted to throw my hat into the Goku vs Superman ring for a long time now, and adding in Vegeta and Wonder Woman is just a big bonus. Let me start with saying that this will by no means be an easy victory for either party. Superman and Goku are destined to stalemate for all eternity; if you put a gun to my head I might have to side with Goku for a slim majority, but throwing Wonder Woman into the mix might give team DC the leg up. Though at the same time, it's pretty hard for me to picture the Prince of all Saiyans being felled by a pitiful earthling, Amazonian or not, so then we're back to this match being a toss-up. In the end, I will side with team DBZ more often than not, but it's close. I've witnessed more than a few Goku vs Superman debates, and from those I feel like I have a good idea of each character's strengths, weaknesses, and more or less how the battle would play out, and in my opinion I just feel that Goku has the overall advantage. Wonder Woman is the wild card here, but at the end of the day, I believe that Goku and Vegeta's advantages in fighting skills, destructive power, and their plethora of miscellaneous techniques and transformations will lead to their eventual victory over the DC duo.

Let me start with Goku and Vegeta's biggest advantage; fighting skills. As Saiyans, both Goku and Vegeta are naturally superior warriors. What other fighters gain through training and experience, a Saiyan can do through instinct. Korin is an 800 year old martial arts grandmaster. During his first meeting with Goku, the Saiyan couldn't even lay a finger on him due to his ability to read minds and body language.

No Caption Provided

Yet after only three days of training, Goku learned how to counter Korin's moves and successfully outfought him.

Move reading is a technique that took Master Roshi three years of intense training to master, however Goku figured it out on his own after just three days of trying. For an amateur martial artist like Superman, it should take Goku mere seconds, a few minutes at most to learn his moves, and from there dodging everything the man of steel throws out in CQC should be easy. The same is true for Vegeta, as a child he was shown easily sidestepping numerous Saibamen with minimal effort, despite a single Saibamen being a match for Yamcha's martial arts.

Kid Vegeta vs Saibamen

They may seem dumb, but they were genetically engineered to be great fighters, capable of using throws, parries, and basic tactics.

Additionally, Mr. Popo taught Goku how to anticipate his opponent's every move by mastering all of his senses, detecting the slightest shift in the atmosphere, and tracking their ki.

The training is mostly glossed over in the manga, but in the anime Popo sends Goku to learn calmness and concentration from a fisherman by feeling the movements in a lake, teaches him how to empty his mind and focus by sparring against an emotionless clay version of himself, has him train his senses by playing hide n' seek blindfolded, and disciplines his mind with constant meditation. After three years, Goku is able to predict Tien Shinhan's attacks without even looking at him. The best part? Vegeta also learned how to sense ki, just by fighting Goku and watching him do it.

During the Buu Saga, Goku was able to easily dodge hits from a much stronger character in total darkness, just by sensing the shifts in the atmosphere. He also claims that Gohan and Vegeta can do this as well by using the words "us" and "we"; it's all a casual affair by this point. The only problem is Vegeta's more head-strong fighting style doesn't really focus on predicting and countering as much as Goku's does, but if he does end up battling Kal-El, he should still have the advantage thanks to his Saiyan blood. Goku on the other hand, can easily dodge and block everything Superman throws out by predicting his moves before he does them.

Like so. Trunks is also a much better fighter than Superman, AND he was stronger than Goku at this point in the series, yet the Saiyan treated him casually.

In terms of reaction time, Goku was able to dodge photon beams in his base form during the Android Saga, so he can definitely react if Clark comes at him faster than light.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Additionally, during his battle against Freeza, Goku was able to escape the paralyzing light ball the instant it exploded. If he wasn't traveling faster than light at that time, than the light attack would have consumed him, but it clearly did not.

And I can not stress enough the monumental, astronomical difference in power between Freeza arc/Androids arc base Goku, and Super Saiyan God Goku, or even Super Saiyan 3. It's two decades of training and three transformations; given this level of skill and speed, Goku should do a good job at parrying Superman while skillfully landing his own blows in precision weak points. Like this.

Loading Video...

Goku has done some heavy damage to characters more durable than Superman, so I see no reason to believe he can't put the man of steel down. Freeza has consistently treated planet busting damage and attacks with absolute casualness. It took an enraged fully-powered blast from Vegeta just to make him blink -- Vegeta, who had planet busting power back in the Saiyan arc -- and even then he still easily kicked it away.

He even managed to survive a Super Spirit Bomb and came away with scratches. Goku took energy from the whole planet, the sun, every living organism in the solar system, and Freeza at only 50% power took it without major problems.

An actual planet exploding on top of Freeza did literally no damage. He was already out of energy and cut in half, but his base durability withstood Namek's destruction with no additional damage.

No Caption Provided

I think he's pretty comparable to Superman. Clark can't really tank planetary level explosions without being harmed, but after turning Super Saiyan, a haymaker from Goku could make Freeza's eyes bulge out and have him barf out blood.

No Caption Provided

Bottom line; Goku has injured very durable characters before. He can injure Supes and eventually bring him down.

Wonder Woman's skill will complicate things, but it still holds true that Goku can bring her down. Vegeta too, has the strength to bring them both down if given the chance, being much stronger than Super Saiyan 1 Goku. One particular advantage he has in this though is his insane energy output. The Galick Gun, Final Flash, Big Bang Attack, etc are all some of the strongest ki blasts the series has to offer. For proof, look no further than the famous Kamehameha vs Galick Gun clash. It's true Vegeta lost, but only when Goku activated Kaio-Ken x4. At Kaio-Ken x3, Vegeta was actually winning, despite Goku's power level being far, far higher.

Loading Video...

This proves that Vegeta's ki blasts can achieve power far beyond their means. As an Ascended Super Saiyan, Vegeta quite literally blew Perfect Cell apart.

Loading Video...

If not for Cell's regeneration, the saga would have ended right there. At the time, Vegeta couldn't even injure Perfect Cell, yet his Final Flash was strong enough to destroy him. Considering EOS Vegeta is much, much stronger than Perfect Cell, it really puts his power into perspective. This is far, far beyond planet busting. Vegeta can do some serious damage to either Supes or Diana with just a casual blast, a fully charged one on the other hand would end things. The best part is, neither Superman nor Wonder Woman have any counter for this either. The blasts travel at massively FTL speeds; in an instant the Final Flash was stretching out into the universe, so their chances of dodging are iffy at best. Meanwhile, they have no way of blocking it. Heat vision can't possibly match that power, and Wonder Woman has no energy projection at all.

I believe this summarizes my thoughts, and since I'm pressed for time, I'll leave things like this. Very much looking forward to your reply.

The_Man_With_Questions said:

I always believed Superman would beat Goku but I never imagined him and Wonder Woman confronting Goku and Vegeta up until now. At the end of the day I believe my team of Superman and Wonder Woman will over come yours by utilizing their superior physicals and a few other miscellaneous abilities.

Superman:

Superman has the best striking and overall strength in this match. I don't believe any should detest unless proven other wise. (Which won't happen.)

Striking Wonder Woman hard enough to send her plummeting into Earth from the Sun!
Striking Wonder Woman hard enough to send her plummeting into Earth from the Sun!
In a weakened state Superman lifts the weight of the Earth for five days

Superman is also the fastest in this match. (Even though it is somewhat arguable when it comes to combat speed.) He is many times faster than light in both movement and reaction speed. His speed even grants him other abilities such as invisibility and phasing.

Using his speed to vibrate fast enough so that he appeared invisible. However it does seem like Goku could potentially sense Superman. Never the less, this is still an impressive testimony of speed.
Using his speed to vibrate fast enough so that he appeared invisible. However it does seem like Goku could potentially sense Superman. Never the less, this is still an impressive testimony of speed.
Here Superman is vibrating fast enough to phase through Doomsday's punches. Your team shouldn't really have a defense of counter for this.
Here Superman is vibrating fast enough to phase through Doomsday's punches. Your team shouldn't really have a defense of counter for this.
No Caption Provided
He goes from Pluton to Earth in seconds. That's about six hundred times the speed of light.
He goes from Pluton to Earth in seconds. That's about six hundred times the speed of light.
No Caption Provided
Green Lantern dilates things down to a second yet Superman can still move around in this time frame.
Green Lantern dilates things down to a second yet Superman can still move around in this time frame.
Not entirely sure how to gauge this feat but impressive none the less
Superman can see lightning in slow motion. I'm curious to know. Can Goku or Vegeta move faster than lightning?
Superman can see lightning in slow motion. I'm curious to know. Can Goku or Vegeta move faster than lightning?

And finally we have durability. Superman far surpass everyone here when it comes to durability. Once again, no one should detest this point. Let's few the following examples displaying his tremendous durability.

Surviving the collision of New Genesis & Apocalypse
Survives a super nova
Survives a super nova

Wonder Woman:

Wonder Woman is definitely the second strongest of the teams here. (Luckily I have both of the physical power houses here.) She has some decent strength and striking feats to verify this.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Striking Batman with Superman's powers into the moon leaving a decent sized crater
Striking Batman with Superman's powers into the moon leaving a decent sized crater
Lifting a large air craft

Wonder Woman also has the second best durability in this match. She took a hit that sent her plummeting to Earth from the Sun as shown here and has no problem smiling after punching the a nuke.

Already posted this scan so you should get the idea
Already posted this scan so you should get the idea
No Caption Provided
No problem punching a nuke
No problem punching a nuke

Now lets address Wonder Woman's speed. She is once again arguable equal if not faster than Goku or Vegeta in combat speed.

Keeping up with the entire Justice League while blind fold.
Keeping up with Jessie Quick
There are probably hundreds of instances of Wonder Woman blocking bullets

I once again believe that Wonder Woman can physically over power either member of your team and will once again touch on some of her of miscellaneous capabilities later down the line.

@the_man_with_questions: As an avid fan of Dragon Ball AND the man of steel, I've wanted to throw my hat into the Goku vs Superman ring for a long time now, and adding in Vegeta and Wonder Woman is just a big bonus. Let me start with saying that this will by no means be an easy victory for either party. Superman and Goku are destined to stalemate for all eternity; if you put a gun to my head Imight have to side with Goku for a slim majority, but throwing Wonder Woman into the mix might give team DC the leg up. Though at the same time, it's pretty hard for me to picture the Prince of all Saiyans being felled by a pitiful earthling, Amazonian or not, so then we're back to this match being a toss-up. In the end, I will side with team DBZ more often than not, but it's close. I've witnessed more than a few Goku vs Superman debates, and from those I feel like I have a good idea of each character's strengths, weaknesses, and more or less how the battle would play out, and in my opinion I just feel that Goku has the overall advantage. Wonder Woman is the wild card here, but at the end of the day, I believe that Goku and Vegeta's advantages in fighting skills, destructive power, and their plethora of miscellaneous techniques and transformations will lead to their eventual victory over the DC duo.

Let me start with Goku and Vegeta's biggest advantage; fighting skills. As Saiyans, both Goku and Vegeta are naturally superior warriors. What other fighters gain through training and experience, a Saiyan can do through instinct. Korin is an 800 year old martial arts grandmaster. During his first meeting with Goku, the Saiyan couldn't even lay a finger on him due to his ability to read minds and body language.

Here's my problem. Yes Goku is great fighter but it doesn't really matter if he can't tag his opponent. Even if he could read Superman or Wonder Woman's moves (Which I doubt he'll be able to due to the fact that he won't even be able to see Superman or Wonder Woman.) I doubt he could counter his other more miscellaneous abilities such as heat vision, freeze breath, and the other abilities that accompany his speed. (Invisibility & intangibility.)

I also think you undermined Superman's fighting capabilities. He's been trained by Wildcat, Batman, & Wonder Woman in hand to hand combat and knows Kryptonian martial arts styles such as Torquasm Vo and Torquasam Rao.

Wonder Woman has had sparring matches with Batman and was trained by the God of War himself, Ares! She's extremely skilled and should be easily capable of keeping up with Goku and Vegeta.

Yet after only three days of training, Goku learned how to counter Korin's moves and successfully outfought him.

Move reading is a technique that took Master Roshi three years of intense training to master, however Goku figured it out on his own after just three days of trying. For an amateur martial artist like Superman, it should take Goku mere seconds, a few minutes at most to learn his moves, and from there dodging everything the man of steel throws out in CQC should be easy. The same is true for Vegeta, as a child he was shown easily sidestepping numerous Saibamen with minimal effort, despite a single Saibamen being a match for Yamcha's martial arts.

As I said. I believe you were undermining Superman's fighting capabilities (Even though that initial post was meant as a counter for this.) And like I said once again. Move reading doesn't help if you can't see your opponent. However in this case Superman will be able to see his opponent slower than lightning. (I don't believe you've provided a sufficient argument for Goku being faster than light.)

They may seem dumb, but they were genetically engineered to be great fighters, capable of using throws, parries, and basic tactics.

Additionally, Mr. Popo taught Goku how to anticipate his opponent's every move by mastering all of his senses, detecting the slightest shift in the atmosphere, and tracking their ki.

The training is mostly glossed over in the manga, but in the anime Popo sends Goku to learn calmness and concentration from a fisherman by feeling the movements in a lake, teaches him how to empty his mind and focus by sparring against an emotionless clay version of himself, has him train his senses by playing hide n' seek blindfolded, and disciplines his mind with constant meditation. After three years, Goku is able to predict Tien Shinhan's attacks without even looking at him. The best part? Vegeta also learned how to sense ki, just by fighting Goku and watching him do it.

During the Buu Saga, Goku was able to easily dodge hits from a much stronger character in total darkness, just by sensing the shifts in the atmosphere. He also claims that Gohan and Vegeta can do this as well by using the words "us" and "we"; it's all a casual affair by this point. The only problem is Vegeta's more head-strong fighting style doesn't really focus on predicting and countering as much as Goku's does, but if he does end up battling Kal-El, he should still have the advantage thanks to his Saiyan blood. Goku on the other hand, can easily dodge and block everything Superman throws out by predicting his moves before he does them.

Once again, I don't believe you've provided a sufficient argument for Goku or Vegeta being able to react to Superman and Wonder Woman can at least keep up with either of them.

Like so. Trunks is also a much better fighter than Superman, AND he was stronger than Goku at this point in the series, yet the Saiyan treated him casually.

In terms of reaction time, Goku was able to dodge photon beams in his base form during the Android Saga, so he can definitely react if Clark comes at him faster than light.

Additionally, during his battle against Freeza, Goku was able to escape the paralyzing light ball the instant it exploded. If he wasn't traveling faster than light at that time, than the light attack would have consumed him, but it clearly did not.

And I can not stress enough the monumental, astronomical difference in power between Freeza arc/Androids arc base Goku, and Super Saiyan God Goku, or even Super Saiyan 3. It's two decades of training and three transformations; given this level of skill and speed, Goku should do a good job at parrying Superman while skillfully landing his own blows in precision weak points. Like this.

None of that proved Goku is faster than light. As far as I'm concerned there just lasers and even Aquaman has blocked and avoided those. It would be better if you presented a more verifiable feat such as Goku dodging as laser from Earth to another planet. Then we obviously know the laser is faster than light. This also doesn't provide a sufficient argument for Vegeta's speed but moving on.

Tell me. How does Goku or Vegeta suffice against a planet wide beam hotter than the sun?

Goku has done some heavy damage to characters more durable than Superman, so I see no reason to believe he can't put the man of steel down. Freeza has consistently treated planet busting damage and attacks with absolute casualness. It took an enraged fully-powered blast from Vegeta just to make him blink -- Vegeta, who had planet busting power back in the Saiyan arc -- and even then he still easily kicked it away.

He even managed to survive a Super Spirit Bomb and came away with scratches. Goku took energy from the whole planet, the sun, every living organism in the solar system, and Freeza at only 50% power took it without major problems.

An actual planet exploding on top of Freeza did literally no damage. He was already out of energy and cut in half, but his base durability withstood Namek's destruction with no additional damage.

I think he's pretty comparable to Superman. Clark can't really tank planetary level explosions without being harmed, but after turning Super Saiyan, a haymaker from Goku could make Freeza's eyes bulge out and have him barf out blood.

Bottom line; Goku has injured very durable characters before. He can injure Supes and eventually bring him down.

Sorry but none of this really shows that Frezia is anywhere near as durable as Superman. When Superman survives that destruction of a planet and what not he's usually just knocked out. Not only that but the only showing there that makes Frezia seem like he's has planet level durability is him surviving the destruction of Namek. The others just show that he has a good defense against energy based attacks. (Something neither of my team often utilize.) So while I agree that Goku (And only Goku as you haven't provided anything to suggest that Vegeta can harm my duo physically.) can harm my team physically, he'll still have a hard time doing so.

Wonder Woman's skill will complicate things, but it still holds true that Goku can bring her down. Vegeta too, has the strength to bring them both down if given the chance, being much stronger than Super Saiyan 1 Goku. One particular advantage he has in this though is his insane energy output. The Galick Gun, Final Flash, Big Bang Attack, etc are all some of the strongest ki blasts the series has to offer. For proof, look no further than the famous Kamehameha vs Galick Gun clash. It's true Vegeta lost, but only when Goku activated Kaio-Ken x4. At Kaio-Ken x3, Vegeta was actually winning, despite Goku's power level being far, far higher.

This proves that Vegeta's ki blasts can achieve power far beyond their means. As an Ascended Super Saiyan, Vegeta quite literally blew Perfect Cell apart.

If not for Cell's regeneration, the saga would have ended right there. At the time, Vegeta couldn't even injure Perfect Cell, yet his Final Flash was strong enough to destroy him. Considering EOS Vegeta is much, much stronger than Perfect Cell, it really puts his power into perspective. This is far, far beyond planet busting. Vegeta can do some serious damage to either Supes or Diana with just a casual blast, a fully charged one on the other hand would end things. The best part is, neither Superman nor Wonder Woman have any counter for this either. The blasts travel at massively FTL speeds; in an instant the Final Flash was stretching out into the universe, so their chances of dodging are iffy at best. Meanwhile, they have no way of blocking it. Heat vision can't possibly match that power, and Wonder Woman has no energy projection at all.

While we do here Trunks say Vegeta could destroy the entire planet he never really does even though the blast itself is very impressive. I also doubt my team will just sit there and let Vegeta charge up such an attack. Not only that but while I don't think Wonder Woman could escape the blast Superman could easily pull her out of the way. Heck, Superman has even seen light in slow motion.

I believe this summarizes my thoughts, and since I'm pressed for time, I'll leave things like this. Very much looking forward to your reply.

Alright man. Your move. Sorry about the triple post. My computer was lagging and badly.

nickzambuto said:

Let me start with saying that the physical difference between Goku and Superman really isn't that big at all. I'd even say Goku has the advantage with Superman being more comparable to someone like Freeza. Let's recap,

Destroys Planet Vegeta with his finger.

Loading Video...

Totally disintegrates Namek's core while, according to Goku, subconsciously holding back from fear.

Uproots and tosses an island with just telekinesis.

Loading Video...

Splits a planet in half with a wave of his hand.

And numerous instances of tanking planetary-level attacks.

Loading Video...

Just to be clear, it does take planetary level attacks to affect Freeza. Anything less is ineffective, seen when Goku kicked him through several whole islands and he just got up totally fine.

Yet when Goku became a Super Saiyan he broke Freeza's hand with just his grip, tanked his attacks, and tossed him around with just telekinesis.

Even at 100% power, not only were Freeza's best hits were totally ineffectual against Goku, but the Super Saiyan's fists were doing more damage than actual planet-destroying blasts.

In your post you just wrote off Freeza's durability as good against energy attacks and not blunt force, but can you actually prove that he handles the two types of damage differently? Ki blasts usually make their mark through concussive force and/or an explosion, which is basically blunt force anyway, so there's really no reason to believe that Goku's strikes aren't planet busting considering he's damaged characters with planet busting durability. This isn't even getting into Super Saiyan 2, Super Saiyan 3, or Super Saiyan God.

Meanwhile there's the matter of speed.

None of that proved Goku is faster than light. As far as I'm concerned there just lasers and even Aquaman has blocked and avoided those. It would be better if you presented a more verifiable feat such as Goku dodging as laser from Earth to another planet. Then we obviously know the laser is faster than light.

Just wondering, do you know what a photon is? Photons are light, and the attack Goku dodged in that scan is Dr. Gero's photon ray. That's already enough to prove Goku is faster than light, and by extension, Vegeta as well considering Piccolo states Vegeta has become stronger than Goku in the next scene.

You want a more "verifiable" feat? I can bust out the scans of Kid Goku outrunning Tien's solar flare during the 22nd Budokai. The solar flare is a technique that flashes a bright beam of light to blind opponents; in this scene Goku sees the light, thinks of how to counter it, and easily races across the stadium to grab Master Roshi's glasses before it can reach him.

Later on Yamcha references the incident and directly states that Goku moves at the speed of light.

Loading Video...

This is made even more consistent by Piccolo claiming Raditz moves faster than the speed of light in the FUNimation dub after Raditz dodges the special beam cannon which moves at light speeds.

I can also bring up the time Kid Goku caught a dragon ball before it could spread across the earth, or his various laser dodging feats, but honestly I'm not going to make the case that Kid Goku was FTL. Even though it's technically consistent, that would just make the character way too powerful, even for my liking. Adult Goku is still faster than Superman, but I'll get into that later. For now, let me address the feats posted for Superman.

Very impressive, however Superman was under mind control at the time and thought Wonder Woman was Doomsday. He was borderline bloodlusted, whereas his morals are going to be a major hinderance in this scenario. Superman rarely if ever fights to his full strength, the fact is he won't be hitting Goku with a punch that powerful.

Not bad, however I believe Goku has the ability to lift a planet as well should he need to. During the Buu Saga, he easily tossed around a massive block of Katchin in his base form. Katchin is the hardest metal in the universe and therefore would be extremely dense as well. Consider this; Old Kai had the power to effortlessly destroy planets, and the Z-Sword had all of Old Kai's power. Now when the Z-Sword came in contact with the Katchin, it was immediately overpowered and snapped in half instantly. The Old Kai's power was not enough to scratch the Katchin, meaning the block was stronger than a planet and therefore equally as dense.

Loading Video...

Some may say that's a stretch, but personally I think it makes perfect sense. Again, Old Kai > planets, Old Kai = Z-Sword, Z-Sword << Katchin, therefore Katchin >> planets.

You're gonna have to do better than that, Goku could tap around fast enough to appear invisible when he was a kid.

Close enough.

I can't really read the scan, but regardless Superman's travel speed has never been his reaction speed. There are numerous comics that display this, Batman has even gone on record stating that Superman is Usain Bolt whereas Wonder Woman is Bruce Lee, when comparing their speed.

Then there's also this.

No Caption Provided

Impressive, but I believe I can counter this with a feat from the Saiyan Saga.

No Caption Provided

As you can see here, Goku states that the Kaio-Ken amplifies the users power, but only for the span of a single heartbeat.

Yet in that time, Goku and Vegeta were able to have an entire fight sequence, with Vegeta taking the advantage.

Later Goku uses the Kaio-Ken x3 and he and Vegeta have a fight that lasts the majority of the chapter. They exchange blows, throw ki blasts, get a bit of dialogue, Vegeta takes a minute to recover, throw more punches, etc etc all in the span of a single heartbeat.

That statement was an exaggeration on Clark's part, it's been established that only Flash can react at the femtosecond range whereas Superman is in the nanosecond. Kinda like how a mother would yell at their child "you have half a second to put that down or else!" Obviously the mom can't do anything in half a second, it's a figure of speech. Superman was doing the exact same thing there.

Mr. Popo taught Goku how to move faster than lightning when he was a kid, and there was an episode where as part of his training, Goku had to wear a crown that attracted lightning straight to his head and he needed to dodge it.

This knocked Superman out cold. Freeza survived Namek's destruction while cut in half with no energy left, and the explosion resulted in almost no additional damage. If Goku can injure Freeza at SSJ1, he can most definitely deal some heavy damage to Clark.

Survives a super nova

I'm not entirely impressed with a character surviving an explosion of the thing that empowers them. If anything Superman should have gotten stronger, I'm not surprised at all that he survived.

One thing that both of these durability feats have in common is that they both resulted in Superman losing consciousness. As impressive as the showings are, in this match that would result in Superman's loss, so they're really not entirely applicable. I need to see what Superman can endure BEFORE passing out. This is one area where I doubt Clark can match up to Goku. Even with a shattered body and only one limb left, he still found the power to defeat King Piccolo, a character so much vastly stronger than Goku at the time that he could break his bones by blowing rocks. Against Piccolo Jr. at the 23ed Budokai, Goku endured numerous grievous injuries, not the least of which being numerous broken bones, two shattered legs, his arm nearly being burned off, and a fist sized hole straight through his chest. Again, he found the strength to win. He was able to put Raditz in a full-nelson and hold him still through sheer force of will, despite currently having a shattered chest plate among numerous other injuries. If you look at the colored manga chapters, Goku is almost always completely riddled with painful contusions and cuts. Often times more blood will be visible than flesh.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

How often is Superman reduced to such a state but continues fighting? Not often. It seriously takes the destruction of every bone in this guy's body just to keep him down. That's the only thing he wasn't able to will through, when Great Ape Vegeta crushed him. Everything else? Just scream louder and it's no problem.

In a battle of endurance, Superman will go down before Goku. This advantage can be a key factor in team DBZ's victory.

The last thing I want to discuss before moving onto Vegeta vs Wonder Woman is the matter of Clark's combat skill. First of all, if I read correctly, the two Torquasm styles don't teach fighting techniques, they're more about meditation and "resisting mental domination" or something to that effect. I know Clark has been trained by Wildcat, Batman, and Wonder Woman, but Goku was trained by gods. Seriously, it's not even a comparison. I'm sorry, but there can be no argument for Superman keeping up with Goku's martial arts. I'm not undermining Superman's skill, I'm just being honest. In the DC universe, Superman is a bottom-tier fighter. The extent of his skill is defeating Ultraman, a spoiled, inexperienced punk, and some nameless Kryptonian soldier who was nothing more than fodder. He can't even take multiple fodder, just one at a time. You seriously think such a foe would be a challenge to Goku? Someone who he is on COMPLETELY even physical ground with, and has zero combat skill? No, Goku would eat a fighter like that for breakfast. Even as a child, before training with Kami or King Kai, Goku was able to humiliate King Piccolo with his martial arts. King Piccolo, the centuries old grandmaster martial artist, who happened to be far stronger than Goku as well.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Piccolo waves his hand and creates a wind strong enough to nearly knock Goku off his feet, and he blows rocks hard enough to break Goku's bones. He's like, 100 times stronger than the kid.

I can't post the full fight because it's 3-4 chapters long, but here's a link if you want to read it yourself. Goku is able to more or less manhandle Piccolo by anticipating his attacks and precision striking bodily weak points. He counters the demon king's versatile powerset with various tactics, redirecting his Kamehameha wave and using the power pole as a launcher among other things. If Superman and Piccolo were at equal power levels, Clark would get slaughtered, let alone if Piccolo maintained his strength to knock Clark back by waving his hand or break his bones by blowing rocks, as he was against Goku.

Superman and Goku's martial arts skills really aren't comparable at all, Clark might as well not have any training in this fight.

Now for Vegeta and Wonder Woman.

Wonder Woman is definitely the second strongest of the teams here. (Luckily I have both of the physical power houses here.) She has some decent strength and striking feats to verify this.

Such confidence! However, I'm going to have to disagree with you there pretty strongly. Wonder Woman seems like a massive weak link to me, her strength isn't anything compared to Superman's, she only ever hangs with him thanks to being faster and infinitely more skilled, neither of which apply against Vegeta. The Saiyan Prince packs more than enough punch to down her after awhile, and his ludicrous damage soak should ensure that he remains the last man standing when the dust settles. Let me get straight into it and start comparing Diana's feats to Vegeta's.

The vacuum of space provides zero resistance to an object in motion, and considering they weren't very far from the moon anyway, I'm going to have to say a punch like this won't seriously affect Vegeta. After all, the crater wasn't very big and Batman was pretty much unfazed afterwards, so let's not act like Diana can oneshot Vegeta here. He's taken heavier hits in far weaker forms and come out just fine. Back during the Namek Arc, Vegeta took an absolutely brutal beating from Zarbon but managed to keep fighting till the very end. Multiple bones were broken, he got blown up, and the force of their punches created shockwaves that shattered a small mountain miles away. Zarbon ended up piledriving Vegeta into the dirt headfirst all the way from the lower atmosphere, with the resulting crash forming a large canyon.

Loading Video...

Now consider the fact that by the end of the Namek Saga, Vegeta had grown strong enough that he wouldn't even notice these attacks. And then add nearly two decades of training and two Super Saiyan transformations, and Vegeta is quite literally in an entirely different dimension from what he did here. At his very best, he was even able to tank a punch from Beerus and briefly overpower him, and Beerus is a helluva lot stronger than Wonder Woman.

Loading Video...

Granted, Vegeta most likely wouldn't reach this level of rage during a fight against Wonder Woman, but it's still worth considering.

That's really a Saiyan Saga feat, it has no place here when we're debating powerhouse level characters. Great Ape Gohan easily lifted a similarly sized boulder over his head, and Vegeta even while half dead was more than a match for him.

Keep in mind the Great Ape is like, 50 stories tall, which makes that boulder gigantic
Keep in mind the Great Ape is like, 50 stories tall, which makes that boulder gigantic

Vegeta tanks, dodges, and hurts Oozaru, despite a large amount of the bones in his body currently being broken. Going by power levels, Vegeta was actually physically stronger than Oozaru at this time, his injuries simply hindered him.

During the Namek Saga, Vegeta was able to toss Recoome miles across the planet and then through a mountain. That's gotta be at least in league with lifting the aircraft carrier.

Loading Video...

While I'm on the subject, let me address Wonder Woman's durability.

Superman punches Wonder Woman hard enough to send her plummeting into Earth from the Sun!

To be fair, that punch made Wonder Woman black out for an instant, and afterwards she was praying to the gods for help. She clearly can't take more than a few punches like that before she drops, and even though Vegeta can't quite replicate that amount of power exactly, he comes close enough to drop Wonder Woman eventually. Being far above Super Saiyan level, Vegeta has no problem dominating characters with planetary level durability, nor does he have trouble tanking hits of a similar caliber.

Vegeta easily punches through Semi-Perfect Cell's durability, despite Cell being strong enough to tank the best blows of Piccolo, Android 17, Android 16, Android 18, AND Tien with no real damage, making him multiplanet+
Additionally, Cell's best punch was totally ineffectual against Vegeta. Read right to left.

Here's a striking feat I don't think Wonder Woman should take lightly -- with a casual elbow Vegeta splits an island in half using Cell's body, sends him across miles and miles of ocean despite water resistance, and finally through another island. He then laughs and says "All too easy", meaning that's not even the extent of his Ascended Super Saiyan power.

Loading Video...

At Super Saiyan 2, Vegeta undoubtedly has the power to rock Wonder Woman's world. If the aforementioned feat of drawing blood from Bills isn't enough, just by waving his hand Vegeta created a wind strong enough to knock Gohan to the ground.

Loading Video...

Gohan even at base is incredibly strong. Fusion Reborn isn't entirely canon, but it's worth mentioning that he was able to completely obliterate Freeza with a single punch.

Loading Video...

And yet a wave of Vegeta's hand had him on the ground. Can you imagine if that motion actually connected with someone rather than just being used to make a wind? The damage would be astronomical, more than enough to give Diana her second wind.

The nuke feat, like the aircraft carrier, is not very impressive. I don't know why you were so confident about Diana's power so grossly outranking Goku and Vegeta's if that's the best she has; nukes are midtier, again these are powerhouses we're debating. Vegeta could tank a planet busting beam back during the Saiyan Saga in Goku's Kaio-Ken x4 Kamehameha, let alone a nuclear bomb. A nuke is a King Piccolo level feat. I'm pretty confident Vegeta is more durable than Wonder Woman given the atrocious beatings he's had to endure throughout the series, not the least of which being three separate, consecutive battles against KID BUU at the very end of the series.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

The dude's like a zombie, he just refuses to die. Kid Buu was strong enough to physically shove back a Spirit Bomb and yet he can't beat Vegeta.

To recap, Vegeta has more than enough strength to potentially bring Wonder Woman down, and given his crazy durability even by DBZ standards, he will surely live up to that potential. That leaves the only remaining matter as speed.

This is hardly a speed feat, she's clearly overpowering the League, nobody is using any speed. Considering Manhunter and Flash are the only two worthwhile characters fighting her in that scene, and they are both known to hold back tremendously, it really doesn't say anything about her speed.

Jessie Quick doesn't exactly set the bar when it comes to speedsters. Another midtier feat.

Oh come on you can do better than that.

You want speed? How about Super Buu firing billions of ki blasts that travel all the way around the world killing every single human being on the planet with perfect accuracy in a matter of minutes?

Loading Video...

The blasts can travel across the planet almost immediately and towards the end of the video you see them going out into space; pretty dang fast, and this is base Super Buu. After absorbing Goten, Trunks, Piccolo, and Gohan, his power more than doubled, and yet Goku and Vegeta were skillful enough to evade all of his attacks for an extended period of time, despite his ludicrous accuracy (killing every human has gotta be one of the best accuracy feats in fiction)

Loading Video...

As for Wonder Woman's level of skill, she's certainly more of a threat than Superman, but I wonder, was she depowered during her sparring matches with Batman? If not... well, that really wouldn't say anything for her level of skill.

Being trained by Ares is pretty good, but you say that as if Goku hasn't been trained by multiple gods and Vegeta hasn't matched him on multiple occasions. During Battle of Gods, even before becoming enraged Vegeta was able to put up somewhat of a fight against Beerus thanks to his combat skill. That alone is already a tough feat to match considering Beerus sh!tstomped Ultimate Gohan and Majin Buu at the same time, as well as Gotenks and the rest of the Z Fighters using a pair of chopsticks and pressure points, yet he praised Vegeta's skill.

Loading Video...

1:40

The_Man_With_Questions Said:

I'll start by addressing Goku vs. Superman. First off, nothing you've presented makes it appear that Goku is anywhere near as strong as Superman. Stopping a few boulders and lifting a few rocks does not equate to lifting the Earth for five days in a weakened state.

I'd also like something more verifiable then the Katchin feat. I'd like to see Goku lifting a planet, not him lifting something that might weigh as much as one. Not only that, but you'd think something as heavy as the Katchin would just sink Goku into the ground or when thrown to the ground it would've sunken in.

Now lets talk speed. So I guess Goku is faster than light. How much faster? Just faster. (Even though normal humans can some how verify this.) However nothing you've provide makes him faster than Superman. Not only that but some of the feats you've provided aren't even verifiable.How long did the fight last when Goku & Vegeta fought in under the span of one heart beat? Was it nanoseconds? Not sure so I'm going to need you to verify.

I'm also not to fond of you low-balling Superman by posting scans of him failing to catch bullets. I mean come on. I've shown scans of him walking around in a nanosecond time frame and moving six hundred times the speed of light and yet you post a scan of him failing to catch bullets. Alright.

Now lets talk about Frezia. Superman is in no way comparable to Frezia. Smarter, faster, stronger, and few other miscellaneous things that seal the deal. I'd also like to note that Frezia's father saying that it would take more than the destruction of a planet to put him down isn't really verifiable and that just because he survived the destruction of a planet doesn't mean Goku was hitting for planet striking punches.

Now lets bring up some of the feats I posted and that you countered. First off, I'm going to go ahead and say fair points of the picosecond thing. Next, fair points once again for the super nova feat. Then there's the planet collision feat. I'm really starting to believe that your undermining Superman. He was ONLY knocked out by the collision of two planets yet Frezia has better durability by surviving the destruction while weakened. It's up to voters to decide but I personally think Superman has better durability showings. (Now can we move on from Frezia and actually discuss the characters in the debate?)

And finally addressing the striking feat. Now this situation is a little bizarre don't you think? Morals on but are characters have to kill each other? I don't see how that's going to work out. I mean why would are guys even fight if that was the case? Just saying. Anyway, Superman has plenty of other striking feats. Punching H'el so hard that it shook the Earth and was felt from space as well as a more casual feat of him punching Mongol out to sea and shattering every widow across the Gotham seaboard. (I'll insert these feats later.)

As for endurance, like I said, Superman has lifted the weight of the Earth for five days and Every one should know about the Death of Superman, where Superman basically stalemated a guy who was embarrassing the rest of the Justice League and it resulted in both of their deaths. Superman can easily last this battle out.

Finally, I never said Superman was a fighting genius. All I said was that you were under estimating his fighting skills when he in facts has feats of him taking out entire gangs of thugs.

I'll start by addressing Vegeta's strength. I don't see what Gohan (In his ape form.) lifting a boulder has to do with Vegeta. Can you show me Vegeta lifting greater or large objects in general? I also don't see your point when you say "That's really a Saiyan Saga feat"

Let's also address Wonder Woman's striking capabilities. By the looks of it Vegeta has the superior striking feats but you can't deny that Wonder Woman has harmed much more durable beings such as Superman, Powergirl, Supergirl, etc. She should be fully capable of harming Vegeta.

I'd also like to say that Wonder Woman has other means of harming both Vegeta & Goku through the use of weapons such as her atom splitting sword. (Also not sure what level of piercing defense your team possess.)

No Caption Provided

Now let's discuss Wonder Woman's durability. First off, I'd like you to look at my scan where Wonder Woman is hit from the SUN to the Earth. Keyword there being the Sun. Wonder Woman was easily capable of withstanding the temperatures of the Suns surface. This would eradicate the Earth and your duo from a lot farther. I also don't see how casually punching a nuke unscathed is Mid tier.

Also going back to that from the Sun to the Earth feat, how would Vegeta be able to effectively harm Wonder Woman as you said? Wonder Woman got punched from the Sun to the Earth. I don't see how getting punched a couple of miles and through some small islands will mean anything. Sure she blacked out but nothing you've shown really does anything to suggest that she couldn't take the hits either Goku or Vegeta are putting out. I mean she has plenty of other feats like Powergirl punching her all the way to Canada and remaining conscious as well as seemingly unscathed. She can definitely take a hit. (Even though this should be pretty well established by now.)

No Caption Provided

And a final thing I'll add for Wonder Woman is the following feat were Wonder Woman uses her bracelets to block a blast from all the Olympian Gods.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Now I'll address Your teams REACTION speed compared to Wonder Woman's. If you really think bullets is the limit to Wonder Woman's combat speed, your sadly mistaken. In the feat below we see Wonder Woman block pieces of a god coming from all corners of the universe at faster than light speed and she blocks all of them.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Now can you confirm the blast shot at all those people were the same shot at Goku and Vegeta. Anyway,this sums up my thoughts for now. Yout move@nickzambuto.